Notifications
Clear all

What Are Some Good Wheat Alternatives That Won't Make Me Lose Weight?

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 06/15/2012 8:37 am

I'm a 17 year old male (turning 18 next month) and I'm really skinny. I lost 5 pounds already from these last few months of changing my diet. I've eliminated dairy, junk food, and as much sugar as possible. I've also switched from white rice to brown rice. Of course once in a while if I'm with friends or family it's unavoidable and I have to eat bad food, but I try my best to have a consistent good diet. I still haven't eliminated wheat yet, I still eat cereal for breakfast with almond milk, and I eat whole wheat bread every day. I'm afraid that if I cut that out I'll lose even more weight, and I'm already really skinny. What are some alternatives to wheat that will give me more calories and keep my weight up? Is there like wheat/gluten free cereal or bread or something like that? And what are the best foods overall that have lots of calories but don't affect acne?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/15/2012 9:47 am

i really like udi's hamburger and hot dog buns for when i want to eat hamburgers and hot dogs like everybody else. i even carry them in my purse when going out to eat. if i want a sandwich i just use the hamburger buns for that becuase i havent found a good bread yet that doesnt taste like cardboard. for cereal i usually eat oatmeal but udi's sells bagels as well that are pretty good and rice chex has many flavors that are gluten free. so you could try those. here is the link to the udi's site. i get most of their stuff at whole foods but i am sure they carry it other places as well.

i also make a taco's a lot at home with corn tortillas and for pasta i buy quinoa pasta and its pretty darn good. i buy gluten free sausage meatballs at my regular grocery store to go in my pasta sauce and they are really tasty and fairly high calorie. regular potatoes and yams have a pretty decent amount of calories as well as brown rice and things like that if you eat enough of it.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 06/15/2012 2:31 pm

There's plenty of high-calorie food that actually has nutrition in it. Nuts/seeds/Potatoes/sweet potatoes/avocados/coconuts/fruit/lard/butter/bone marrow/squash/beets are all calorie-dense healthy foods.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/15/2012 3:05 pm

There's plenty of high-calorie food that actually has nutrition in it. Nuts/seeds/Potatoes/sweet potatoes/avocados/coconuts/fruit/lard/butter/bone marrow/squash/beets are all calorie-dense healthy foods.

bad recs: high in fat and starchy foods, hard to digest. high calorie foods you want to eat are fruit, bananas, apples and pears are about 100 calories each, a whole watermelon is about 1350 calories, dates are high in calories as well.

now comes the question of whether you want to keep fat or muscle as weight? if you want to keep muscle then consume more amino acids and lift weights...notice i didn't say protein, don't eat foods high in protein, rather pick foods high in protein. if you want to be fat or keep the fat you have, then eat fatty health foods as were the ones listened above, however i highly recommend against it

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 06/15/2012 5:50 pm

bad recs: high in fat and starchy foods, hard to digest. high calorie foods you want to eat are fruit, bananas, apples and pears are about 100 calories each, a whole watermelon is about 1350 calories, dates are high in calories as well.

now comes the question of whether you want to keep fat or muscle as weight? if you want to keep muscle then consume more amino acids and lift weights...notice i didn't say protein, don't eat foods high in protein, rather pick foods high in protein. if you want to be fat or keep the fat you have, then eat fatty health foods as were the ones listened above, however i highly recommend against it

Nothing wrong with healthy fats. Fats are by far the easiest macronutrient to digest. And fats don't make you fat unless you're consuming rancid oxidized PUFAs, but they can help you maintain weight. Do more research.

Nothing wrong with starch either (especially resistant starch,) unless you have some pathogenic overgrowth. Not everyone has a candida issue. Bananas are starchy and have starch even when fully ripe, yet I still see you touting that 30Bad garbage on this board. Plenty of people go on a Paleo diet and only start to see real improvements in their health after they add a little bit of starch back in.

Coconuts and coconut-products are among some of the easiest foods to digest. So is bone marrow.

Treat fruit as a snack, not as a meal.

I like fruit but who actually wants to eat 10 apples or a WHOLE WATERMELON (wtf?) for ~1000 calories when they could replace those 1000 calories with 1000 calories worth of varied, highly-nutritious whole foods? I'm pretty laid back but if I was in the supermarket buying a shopping card full of bananas I'd feel pretty self-conscious because everyone would probably assume I'm insane. Either insane or had problems feeling full due to faulty leptin/ghrelin wiring.

Whole foods > mono(tonous)foods.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/15/2012 6:01 pm

Nothing wrong with healthy fats. Fats are by far the easiest macronutrient to digest. And fats don't make you fat unless you're consuming rancid oxidized PUFAs, but they can help you maintain weight. Do more research.

Nothing wrong with starch either (especially resistant starch,) unless you have some pathogenic overgrowth. Not everyone has a candida issue. Bananas are starchy and have starch even when fully ripe, yet I still see you touting that 30Bad garbage on this board. Plenty of people go on a Paleo diet and only start to see real improvements in their health after they add a little bit of starch back in.

Coconuts and coconut-products are among some of the easiest foods to digest. So is bone marrow.

Treat fruit as a snack, not as a meal.

I like fruit but who actually wants to eat 10 apples or a WHOLE WATERMELON (wtf?) for ~1000 calories when they could replace those 1000 calories with 1000 calories worth of varied, highly-nutritious whole foods? I'm pretty laid back but if I was in the supermarket buying a shopping card full of bananas I'd feel pretty self-conscious because everyone would probably assume I'm insane. Either insane or had problems feeling full due to faulty leptin/ghrelin wiring.

Whole foods > mono(tonous)foods.

hmm, good talking points, but i am a little disappointed with your attitude, calling things garbage or trying to explain mono meals. i hardly eat mono meals personally, but i find nothing wrong with them. perhaps a mature post would be for likened.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/15/2012 6:32 pm

Yes, you are better off eating such foods than you are by replacing your wheat based empty calorie processed food with some other grain based empty calorie processed food. cheaper, too. Sweet potatoes are great for breakfast. And if you really want a cereal like thing I soak overnight and cook buckwheat with spices then mix with nearly equal parts dried coconut and some dried fruit, then have with sprouted sunflower seeds and some chopped fresh fruit. You can make enough for several days at a time. No milk or milk substitute needed. It also doesn't take long for the sunflower seed to sprout.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/15/2012 6:39 pm

Yes, you are better off eating such foods than you are by replacing your wheat based empty calorie processed food with some other grain based empty calorie processed food. cheaper, too. Sweet potatoes are great for breakfast. And if you really want a cereal like thing I soak overnight and cook buckwheat with spices then mix with nearly equal parts dried coconut and some dried fruit, then have with sprouted sunflower seeds and some chopped fresh fruit. You can make enough for several days at a time. No milk or milk substitute needed. It also doesn't take long for the sunflower seed to sprout.

why would you recommend dried anything? it takes water out of your body when you consume dried or cooked foods. why not recommend foods that actually puts water into the body?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/15/2012 6:50 pm

why would you recommend dried anything? it takes water out of your body when you consume dried or cooked foods. why not recommend foods that actually puts water into the body?

Flavor. Convenience. And they get reconstituted in the cooking process.. So you are opposed to a few raisins now?

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/15/2012 6:55 pm

Flavor. Convenience. And they get reconstituted in the cooking process.. So you are opposed to a few raisins now?

if i have a choice between raisins and grapes, im definitely going grapes...its akin to local or imported fruits as well..or organic and conventional...basically eat foods that dont take things away from the body...dont eat foods that require anything afterwards, eat foods that are abundant in many things, like fruits/veggies...

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 06/15/2012 7:55 pm

For breakfast, I usually go for, Grab of Broccoli, 2 cucumbers, an apple, some other fruits or vegetable and , small apple/grape juice (to make it more drinkable).

I could then just drink that, and then I sometimes have oatmeal, with Kefir and some apples.

For Lunch/Dinner: I cook myself a soup consisting of meat, and vegetables only, its delicious and makes me feel full.

Although its simple, it's quite hard to gain weight for people with fast metabolism, without much grains.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 06/16/2012 4:06 pm

You act as if someone is going to dehydrate overnight if they eat a few strips of beef jerky. There is such a thing as too much water. And if you're eating enough carbs to have glycogen stores (most of modern society) you've got extra water hanging around on your body.

The reason people are disagreeing with you is not because we want to argue, butt heads or put you down. It's because you need to understand that your ideology on nutrition and the human diet is based on faulty science, actually let me take that back, it's not based on much of anything except Freelea and Durianrider. Both of whom admit to sleeping 10+ hours a day regularly. I highly recommend you do legitimate research not from any of these websites:

webmd

Mayoclinic

30bananasaday

Any vegan-exclusive health site.

Loads of people gain weight on 30bad as well.

For breakfast, I usually go for, Grab of Broccoli, 2 cucumbers, an apple, some other fruits or vegetable and , small apple/grape juice (to make it more drinkable).

I could then just drink that, and then I sometimes have oatmeal, with Kefir and some apples.

For Lunch/Dinner: I cook myself a soup consisting of meat, and vegetables only, its delicious and makes me feel full.

Although its simple, it's quite hard to gain weight for people with fast metabolism, without much grains.

That's probably because humans weren't designed to be bodybuilders, thus you need to do "extra work" to gain muscle. We were meant to be lean and toned, with the females having slightly higher body fat than males and the males having slightly more muscle than the females. Most healthy food will have a "balancing" effect on the body meaning that if you're underweight, it will most likely make you gain weight and if you're overweight, it will make you lose weight. Your body is constantly trying to achieve homeostasis. We don't want to fight this balancing, we want to let it happen until we achieve an excellent state of health.

In order to bulk up, he will have to consume more protein than normal as well as more fat, otherwise a calorie deficit may occur. Protein is generally never used as a source of energy (calories) only to provide the basic materials needed to recover and rebuild the body. Fat is also often used to rebuild and repair rather than as a source of calories. Hence why you want a healthy mix of the 3 macronutrients (although carbs aren't actually necessary.)

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/16/2012 4:16 pm

You act as if someone is going to dehydrate overnight if they eat a few strips of beef jerky. There is such a thing as too much water. And if you're eating enough carbs to have glycogen stores (most of modern society) you've got extra water hanging around on your body.

comprehension goes a long way, not sure i can act like anything with just words...i merely discussing the pros and cons to food, if that upsets you then thats your problem

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/16/2012 4:34 pm

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 06/16/2012 5:43 pm

That's probably because humans weren't designed to be bodybuilders, thus you need to do "extra work" to gain muscle. We were meant to be lean and toned, with the females having slightly higher body fat than males and the males having slightly more muscle than the females. Most healthy food will have a "balancing" effect on the body meaning that if you're underweight, it will most likely make you gain weight and if you're overweight, it will make you lose weight. Your body is constantly trying to achieve homeostasis. We don't want to fight this balancing, we want to let it happen until we achieve an excellent state of health.

In order to bulk up, he will have to consume more protein than normal as well as more fat, otherwise a calorie deficit may occur. Protein is generally never used as a source of energy (calories) only to provide the basic materials needed to recover and rebuild the body. Fat is also often used to rebuild and repair rather than as a source of calories. Hence why you want a healthy mix of the 3 macronutrients (although carbs aren't actually necessary.)

Infact human body isn't even designed to be a meat eater. Naturally, alone we wouldn't be able hunt preys successfully. We aren't that faster than them, we don't have the teeth to penetrate their fur, or any other specific body structure to take them down, we might even have problems eating them raw, and we are the only animals that cook them. Also it is said that we aren't grain eaters either, grains are mostlly for birds who have the peaks and the stomach that is specifically designed to eat and digest grains. We are leaf eaters, vegetables and fruits. That's the safest, nutritious healthiest diet for us. Just look at our ancestors, look at other primates.

Us and chimps have genes that are 99% similar. There is just a small gene change that allowed us to have different jaw than primates, that allows the brain to expand further until age 30. Primates have a jaw muscle located so that it makes it hard for the skull to expand. Our jaw muscles are at our sides, while primates are more closer to the top.

Otherwise, we are very similar to them and our diet should be the same.

Meat also has a huge effect on our mental consciousness also, it could affect our emotions negatively.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 06/16/2012 7:30 pm

Infact human body isn't even designed to be a meat eater. Naturally, alone we wouldn't be able hunt preys successfully. We aren't that faster than them, we don't have the teeth to penetrate their fur, or any other specific body structure to take them down, we might even have problems eating them raw, and we are the only animals that cook them. Also it is said that we aren't grain eaters either, grains are mostlly for birds who have the peaks and the stomach that is specifically designed to eat and digest grains. We are leaf eaters, vegetables and fruits. That's the safest, nutritious healthiest diet for us. Just look at our ancestors, look at other primates.

Us and chimps have genes that are 99% similar. There is just a small gene change that allowed us to have different jaw than primates, that allows the brain to expand further until age 30. Primates have a jaw muscle located so that it makes it hard for the skull to expand. Our jaw muscles are at our sides, while primates are more closer to the top.

Otherwise, we are very similar to them and our diet should be the same.

Meat also has a huge effect on our mental consciousness also, it could affect our emotions negatively.

Chimps and many primates eat meat and insects too btw. They're not herbivores by any stretch of the imagination.

A 1% genetic difference is HUGE. A 1% genetic difference allowed us to conquer the world and then ruin it which is remarkable for one species in a perverse way. That 1% is what allowed protohomonids to branch off from our not quite as intelligent primate cousins.

Humans have:

-Shorter intestinal tract (we're much worse at digesting plant food than any primate.)

-Different Jaw structure

-Different arm structure that allows us to throw stuff (like a spear for example)

-Different spine

-A large brain made primarily of fat.

All of those things allow us to hunt, eat and skin animals with remarkable efficiency. Humans, unlike many animals, are also able to run long distances without getting too worn out. There's some evidence that groups of homonids literally ran their prey to death until it became so exhausted it would give up and then we would turn it into food. Sounds like pretty ingenious hunting to me.

From where are you basing the claim that meat causes "negative emotions?" . The only negative emotions one can have about meat is if you have moral obligations to eating it (which is silly because vegetarianism doesn't actually help the planet or save animals but everyone can eat however they want.)

We're much closer to obligate carnivores than we are herbivores. But we're not either, we're omnivores. Most of the stuff people react to are plants - wheat, rice, nightshades, soy, nuts/seeds, avocados, certain citrus fruits, peanuts. The human body is better equipped to digest protein and saturated fat (animal foods) than it is to digest carbohydrates and PUFAs (plant foods.) Not to mention, a lot of the nutrition in plants is bound by cellulose (and phytic acid/oxalates too in the case of some plant foods,) which is why fiber-rich foods are not necessarily the miracle nutrient that doctors and raw vegans would have us believe. Cooking plant foods can actually make that nutrition more available to us as some of the cellulose can be destroyed through mechanical means, but not through digestion.

This guy talks a lot and yet doesn't say anything new or important.

If you're concerned about teeth, you should do some research on Weston A. Price. Brilliant man who was definitely ahead of his time.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/16/2012 9:12 pm

This guy talks a lot and yet doesn't say anything new or important.

If you're concerned about teeth, you should do some research on Weston A. Price. Brilliant man who was definitely ahead of his time.

yet again your comprehension skills are lacking...have fun

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 06/17/2012 10:40 am

Chimps and many primates eat meat and insects too btw. They're not herbivores by any stretch of the imagination.

A 1% genetic difference is HUGE. A 1% genetic difference allowed us to conquer the world and then ruin it which is remarkable for one species in a perverse way. That 1% is what allowed protohomonids to branch off from our not quite as intelligent primate cousins.

Humans have:

-Shorter intestinal tract (we're much worse at digesting plant food than any primate.)

-Different Jaw structure

-Different arm structure that allows us to throw stuff (like a spear for example)

-Different spine

All of those things allow us to hunt, eat and skin animals with remarkable efficiency. Humans, unlike many animals, are also able to run long distances without getting too worn out. There's some evidence that groups of homonids literally ran their prey to death until it became so exhausted it would give up and then we would turn it into food. Sounds like pretty ingenious hunting to me.

From where are you basing the claim that meat causes "negative emotions?" . The only negative emotions one can have about meat is if you have moral obligations to eating it (which is silly because vegetarianism doesn't actually help the planet or save animals but everyone can eat however they want.)

We're much closer to obligate carnivores than we are herbivores. But we're not either, we're omnivores. Most of the stuff people react to are plants - wheat, rice, nightshades, soy, nuts/seeds, avocados, certain citrus fruits, peanuts. The human body is better equipped to digest protein and saturated fat (animal foods) than it is to digest carbohydrates and PUFAs (plant foods.) Not to mention, a lot of the nutrition in plants is bound by cellulose (and phytic acid/oxalates too in the case of some plant foods,) which is why fiber-rich foods are not necessarily the miracle nutrient that doctors and raw vegans would have us believe. Cooking plant foods can actually make that nutrition more available to us as some of the cellulose can be destroyed through mechanical means, but not through digestion.

Yep insects are full of proteins, but just like primates we could eat them. Although it isn't the PRIMARY food for us. We still lack huge claws, giant sharp teeth and strong jaw muscle to take down and tear any animal down on our own. We'd have to use some spears, but really I said by nature, just by ourselves if we were to survive in a jungle alone, where we have no knowledge on such things we'd only be eating fruits not taking down tigers or deers. I'd only imagine us punching them till death or biting their fur off. Our natural instincts doesn't offer us that ability to hunt and kill. We cold however learn how to do that, but our natural instincts that help us survive doesn't do that.

We have complex hand that could work efficiently to pick things up and put them in our mouth not to claw some animal. Primates eat gums and saps, but ofcourse they could eat some insects and also fruits. Some even feed on nuts, leaves, fruits, flowers, seeds and small pick and eatable animals, but really if we can't much find fruits or leaves we could always resort to finding insects but that isn't our primary food source.

Ofcourse there is a huge diference in just 1% genetic difference, but that change is rather small at its DNA. The different jaw change could just be few amino acid differences, maybe the swap of the A and the C.

In a spiritual sense, digesting a protein takes lot of effort and strain in the digestive system and it requires lot more energy than digesting leaves and fruits, thus that can affect our consciousness, less focusing on the brain and more on digestion. That strain could then build up a stress and which could manifest as emotional problem in the brain, monks are vegetarians for greater reasons.

One interesting fact is that according to the Summarian Text, we are actually not evolutionary beings, we are simply the hybrid beings of the Annunaki and the Chimps.

Annunaki is an alien race that came long time ago when the first civilization started, We have around 200 genes that have no evolutionary basis, and are unknown on this planet and are only unique to us. The alien scientists genetically engineered us and made a breed with the human females. Creating a slave smart enough to harvest a rare form of gold. It's an element that is super conductive and can have huge effect on our brain, such as amplifying our senses, activating all parts of it... but that's just part of what the element could do.

Humans used to refer to them as god, or as their creators because they literally were their creators. Also this is how humans had such amazing technologies and knowledge even at that time. This also relates back to the Christian Bible's Genesis, and the Illuminati or the reptallian family.

This also could be an explanation to how we couldn't find any solid proof that we gradually changed from chimp to human. Also RH negative humans are said to be the closest origins to the annunaki as they are extremely rare, posses psychic abilities and can't have children with RH Positive people which are the majorities.

Believe it or not it has a huge correlation to the upcoming 2012 Dec 21st, but that's rather a spirtual ascension or the change from Carbon 12 in our body to Carbon 7 to allow us in the 5th dimension.

I'll leave the rest up to you to read and research but that's just what the Summarians left... don't have to believe it, or make a huge argument about how its bs, as most people lack the ability to challenge their beliefs.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/17/2012 11:06 am

Humans have:

-Different Jaw structure

-Different spine

Yep insects are full of proteins, but just like primates we could eat them. Although it isn't the PRIMARY food for us. We still lack huge claws, giant sharp teeth and strong jaw muscle to take down and tear any animal down on our own. We'd have to use some spears, but really I said by nature, just by ourselves if we were to survive in a jungle alone, where we have no knowledge on such things we'd only be eating fruits not taking down tigers or deers. I'd only imagine us punching them till death or biting their fur off. Our natural instincts doesn't offer us that ability to hunt and kill. We cold however learn how to do that, but our natural instincts that help us survive doesn't do that.

We have complex hand that could work efficiently to pick things up and put them in our mouth not to claw some animal. Primates eat gums and saps, but ofcourse they could eat some insects and also fruits. Some even feed on nuts, leaves, fruits, flowers, seeds and small pick and eatable animals, but really if we can't much find fruits or leaves we could always resort to finding insects but that isn't our primary food source.

Ofcourse there is a huge diference in just 1% genetic difference, but that change is rather small at its DNA. The different jaw change could just be few amino acid differences, maybe the swap of the A and the C.

In a spiritual sense, digesting a protein takes lot of effort and strain in the digestive system and it requires lot more energy than digesting leaves and fruits, thus that can affect our consciousness, less focusing on the brain and more on digestion. That strain could then build up a stress and which could manifest as emotional problem in the brain, monks are vegetarians for greater reasons.

One interesting fact is that according to the Summarian Text, we are actually not evolutionary beings, we are simply the hybrid beings of the Annunaki and the Chimps.

Annunaki is an alien race that came long time ago when the first civilization started, We have around 200 genes that have no evolutionary basis, and are unknown on this planet and are only unique to us. The alien scientists genetically engineered us and made a breed with the human females. Creating a slave smart enough to harvest a rare form of gold. It's an element that is super conductive and can have huge effect on our brain, such as amplifying our senses, activating all parts of it... but that's just part of what the element could do.

Humans used to refer to them as god, or as their creators because they literally were their creators. Also this is how humans had such amazing technologies and knowledge even at that time. This also relates back to the Christian Bible's Genesis, and the Illuminati or the reptallian family.

This also could be an explanation to how we couldn't find any solid proof that we gradually changed from chimp to human. Also RH negative humans are said to be the closest origins to the annunaki as they are extremely rare, posses psychic abilities and can't have children with RH Positive people which are the majorities.

Believe it or not it has a huge correlation to the upcoming 2012 Dec 21st, but that's rather a spirtual ascension or the change from Carbon 12 in our body to Carbon 7 to allow us in the 5th dimension.

I'll leave the rest up to you to read and research but that's just what the Summarians left... don't have to believe it, or make a huge argument about how its bs, as most people lack the ability to challenge their beliefs.

it isn't that we can't kill and tear open animals, we most certainly can and do with tools, there are animals out there that use tools to eat (gorillas, sea otters, etc.), it's the lack of stomach acids to break down raw meat/fat. a lion for example has hydrochloric acid that is 10 times the strength of ours...then you look at grass eaters and so on...remember chimps eat each other on occasion live and raw, so comparing us to chimps probably isn't a great idea.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/17/2012 1:06 pm

Most ape species only eat meat accidentally such as gorillas and baboons consuming insects and larvae in the process of eating plant foods. Chimps do hunt, but they aren't very good at it. And while chimps are probably our closest relative, we are not theirs. And theirs, bonobos, don't hunt.

We have better hands and I believe this had a huge affect on our developing brains. More so than eating meat. The more you can fiddle with your environment, the more you learn. Look at how much more intelligent octopus are than squid.

And as far as finding remains of 'the missing link' between us and apes, it's actually amazing that we find any remains from those periods. First, they have to get preserved which is a relatively rare thing. Then layers from the right era have to be exposed at the surface where people might stumble upon them.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/17/2012 2:04 pm

Most ape species only eat meat accidentally such as gorillas and baboons consuming insects and larvae in the process of eating plant foods. Chimps do hunt, but they aren't very good at it. And while chimps are probably our closest relative, we are not theirs. And theirs, bonobos, don't hunt.

We have better hands and I believe this had a huge affect on our developing brains. More so than eating meat. The more you can fiddle with your environment, the more you learn. Look at how much more intelligent octopus are than squid.

And as far as finding remains of 'the missing link' between us and apes, it's actually amazing that we find any remains from those periods. First, they have to get oreserved which is a relatively rare thing. Then layers from the right era have to be exposed at the surface where people might stumble upon them.

and yet squid will be the most dominant species in the oceans soon...intelligence isn't always success.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/17/2012 2:10 pm

And as far as finding remains of 'the missing link' between us and apes, it's actually amazing that we find any remains from those periods. First, they have to get oreserved which is a relatively rare thing. Then layers from the right era have to be exposed at the surface where people might stumble upon them.

and yet squid will be the most dominant species in the oceans soon...intelligence isn't always success.

True, but in the case of the squid, it's human activity and over fishing. but we'll probably get them too.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 06/17/2012 7:15 pm

comprehension goes a long way, not sure i can act like anything with just words...i merely discussing the pros and cons to food, if that upsets you then thats your problem

You're free to be a raw-vegan, but don't try to convert people to your side with lies and false promises of guaranteed health when you don't comprehend the most basic facets of nutrition. You're being irresponsible.

It's because of people like you that are perpetuating pseudo-science that many on this board, including myself dealt with health issues for so many years before finally figuring out how to fix them.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/17/2012 7:39 pm

You're free to be a raw-vegan, but don't try to convert people to your side with lies and false promises of guaranteed health when you don't comprehend the most basic facets of nutrition. You're being irresponsible.

It's because of people like you that are perpetuating pseudo-science that many on this board, including myself dealt with health issues for so many years before finally figuring out how to fix them.

Anyway...

wheat alternatives, yes there are some decent wheat alternatives, you could just look for gluten free grains that pack protein and fatty acids...quinoa or hemp seeds

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/07/2012 1:27 am

bump.

I am on the paleo diet and it feels like i can BARELY even get above 1.2-1.4k calories.

For example, this is what i ate today:

breakfast: 4 eggs, cooked in one tablespoon olive oil. One medium sweet potato with 1 tablespoon and half of ghee (Clarified butter which is grass fed).

Lunch: Salmon (typical portion), with cauliflower and romaine lettuce and cucumber and 4 celery sticks

Snacks: about 15-20 macadamia nuts (but i don't even macas all the time, so today these nuts gave me calories... what about on days i do not eat them?)

Dinner: chicken thighs (about 140 grams) with cucumber. One tbspoon of olive oil

How much tablespoons of ghee is okay to eat per day? What about coconut oil? Olive oil?

How many avocados per day?