Notifications
Clear all

Bolthouse Farms

MemberMember
(@jayq)

Posted : 10/24/2010 7:55 pm

Are these really good for you? I went to buy some at my local grocery store yesterday but i noticed loads of amount of sugar in each bottle. Like 25-30g of sugar. Now i thought well its because of all the fruit blended up in it, but even the veggie ones had that much.

So should i really avoid buying them if it contains that much sugar? I read a review of someone drinking the carrot juice one made and it helped clear them up even more.

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 10/24/2010 9:39 pm

It's really better to just stick with regular fruits and veggies. If you want to get maximum nutrients, blend or juice some of the lower sugar veggies. Carrot juice contains a LOT of vitamin A and carotene, plus, while I love carrots and can eat them normally without a problem, carrot juice is just plain nasty.

MemberMember
(@sunshinedustxoxo)

Posted : 10/24/2010 10:07 pm

Yeah all the juices are good for you, but that's because they are just fruits and vegetables. I tried the carrot juice once and I will never again drink carrot juice, I nearly puked. The amount of sugar is just what the fruits and vegatables naturally have. Even carrots have a surprising amount of natural sugar. I would not buy any blended fruit drink because they are always pricey. If you want the benefits of a concentrated amount of fruits and vegatables, get a juicer. This will give you the same thing PLUS grind up the seeds and skin which is really where all the nurients are.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 10/24/2010 10:10 pm

I looove Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness. I've been drinking it every day for the past week or two. Yumskidoo!

MemberMember
(@didier-lemaitre)

Posted : 10/24/2010 11:10 pm

Those drinks would taste like ass if they weren't loaded with sugar that's why they do it.

Ever try a sugar-free wheatgrass smoothie? tastes like drinking fishtank water.

MemberMember
(@gmarias)

Posted : 10/25/2010 1:14 pm

Those drinks would taste like ass if they weren't loaded with sugar that's why they do it.

This doesn't make sense. They CAN'T make a sugar free version without somehow modifying the juices considering all fruits and even sweet vegetables contain sugar.

That aside, I used to drink Green Goodness. It wasn't bad. Kind of expensive. I wouldn't call it bad for you, but probably not awesome either. It really depends on your tolerance for fruits and such. If you can tolerate fruit, you may be able to tolerate their drinks. Even so, I wouldn't gorge on it much as I wouldn't gorge on fruit.

I did try the carrot juice one once. It kind of tasted like pumpkin for some reason? My skin was already clear, so I can't say it improved it but it certainly didn't hurt! I would just use them as treats if need be. I'd wager to say whole fruits or fresh juices are more beneficial - though again, I've never made my own juices. It would require far more produce than my wallet would allow.

MemberMember
(@didier-lemaitre)

Posted : 10/26/2010 5:01 pm

This doesn't make sense. They CAN'T make a sugar free version without somehow modifying the juices considering all fruits and even sweet vegetables contain sugar.

That aside, I used to drink Green Goodness. It wasn't bad. Kind of expensive. I wouldn't call it bad for you, but probably not awesome either. It really depends on your tolerance for fruits and such. If you can tolerate fruit, you may be able to tolerate their drinks. Even so, I wouldn't gorge on it much as I wouldn't gorge on fruit.

I did try the carrot juice one once. It kind of tasted like pumpkin for some reason? My skin was already clear, so I can't say it improved it but it certainly didn't hurt! I would just use them as treats if need be. I'd wager to say whole fruits or fresh juices are more beneficial - though again, I've never made my own juices. It would require far more produce than my wallet would allow.

I know there are natural sugars of course, i just meant they don't taste how people expect them to taste without the added sugars. We are all so used

to so much added sugar and salt in our drinks and food that we expect them to taste that way, so when we try something without that it tastes funny although that is the way things were meant to taste naturally.

MemberMember
(@moussakachaos)

Posted : 10/26/2010 5:05 pm

I've been drinking these for the past year. They are NOT loaded with ADDED sugar. They are just high in natural fruit sugar, which is fine.

They are healthy and tasty and the mango one, the blue one and the carrot one are amazing.

The carrot juice takes awhile to get used to, but it REALLY, REALLY improved my skin.

MemberMember
(@gmarias)

Posted : 10/26/2010 5:59 pm

I know there are natural sugars of course, i just meant they don't taste how people expect them to taste without the added sugars. We are all so used

to so much added sugar and salt in our drinks and food that we expect them to taste that way, so when we try something without that it tastes funny although that is the way things were meant to taste naturally.

But there are no added sugars. That's my point. Bolthouse Farms does not add sugar to their drinks.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/28/2010 11:43 am

Why not save all that money and spend it on fruits and vegetables and teas that you brew yourself.

And natural sugar is not fine if it spikes blood sugar, as juice will if drink it on it's own without other low GI foods to lessen the impact. No matter how natural the sugar is.

MemberMember
(@jayq)

Posted : 11/03/2010 3:22 pm

Why not save all that money and spend it on fruits and vegetables and teas that you brew yourself.

And natural sugar is not fine if it spikes blood sugar, as juice will if drink it on it's own without other low GI foods to lessen the impact. No matter how natural the sugar is.

I dont know if its a coiencedence or not but after i drank a serving a day for 2 days of the 100% carrot juice which was rated at like 22g of sugar a serving i think, i devoloped a cyst which is currently still developing on my chin in corner.

I noticed this about a day after i had my last serving. So i dont know if its the drink or not. Who really knows i guess, but just now thought about it.

MemberMember
(@gmarias)

Posted : 11/04/2010 4:25 pm

I dont know if its a coiencedence or not but after i drank a serving a day for 2 days of the 100% carrot juice which was rated at like 22g of sugar a serving i think, i devoloped a cyst which is currently still developing on my chin in corner.

I noticed this about a day after i had my last serving. So i dont know if its the drink or not. Who really knows i guess, but just now thought about it.

Like I said before - I'd maybe use them as an occasional treat. If you don't have a tolerance for fruit, then these probably aren't going to be something to try. Even if you aren't sensitive to fruit, these lack the fiber that the fruits and veggies contain which would help to reduce the insulin spike a bit - even if not by much.

MemberMember
(@jayq)

Posted : 11/06/2010 1:44 pm

Like I said before - I'd maybe use them as an occasional treat. If you don't have a tolerance for fruit, then these probably aren't going to be something to try. Even if you aren't sensitive to fruit, these lack the fiber that the fruits and veggies contain which would help to reduce the insulin spike a bit - even if not by much.

Haha ok well elaborate a bit more on your definition of a "treat." To me a treat is just one serving a day.

MemberMember
(@jccmuagmail-com)

Posted : 07/05/2022 11:23 pm

All in moderation if you chug this then yes expect you will get a little to much I would say try to eat better dont eat a trash diet this isn't perfect but better then ice cream or shakes definitely good for you in that science I drink it in small cups throughout the day then drink water I'd say it's definitely helping me in some ways you have to find what works for you some people certain fruits and vegetables help some people allergic and swell up I'd say focus on eating right and excercise I would think it's a step in the right direction but just like anything dont ever do it or your in for trouble know good limits educate yourself on how much of what you eat and drink you need. Live healthy everyone we wish there was a cure all but each person's different and unique!!!