Notifications
Clear all

Garlic, a natural antibiotic

MemberMember
(@whtx)

Posted : 09/19/2004 2:52 pm

how is one suppose to eat the raw garlic?

Is it necessary to buy one of those tools that the original poster suggested? Can it be eatten without any fancy smancy procedures (Im hoping just smash it and then eat it)?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@whtx)

Posted : 09/20/2004 8:10 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@stevebrown)

Posted : 09/21/2004 5:15 am

I'll try to respond to three posts with this one.

I've heard that cooking garlic not only destroys allicin, the antibiotic component of garlic, but that cooking creates the smelly sulphur compounds that cause garlic breath. So, raw garlic is less likely to cause garlic breath. I personally don't find the smell of fresh garlic objectionable.

It is necessary to crush the garlic thoroughly, in order to maximize the combination of the two components that react to form allicin. It think it's a good idea to crush the garlic first, and set it aside, as the first step in preparing a meal. The garlic should then be added last, after the meal is cooked and cooled somewhat.

A garlic press is a good investment, and it costs less than a bottle of benzoyl peroxide lotion. However, there's no law that says you can't smash a clove of garlic between two rocks.

wink.gif

MemberMember
(@agentcooper)

Posted : 09/21/2004 9:35 am

well, i firmly believe in the anti-microbial properties of garlic but whether or not you cook it, its still gonna make your breath stinky. i'm pretty sure that raw garlic makes my breath stinkier than cooked garlic. and if you eat enough of the stuff, it'll start coming out of your pores. kel, you probably do have garlic breath but you can't smell it on yourself. if you are around other people who eat a lot of garlic they probably won't smell it either, but to people who don't eat garlic you may smell like a garlic factory. but hey, it tastes great and it's good for you so screw it, eh?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/21/2004 5:00 pm

Drinking water with freshed squeezed lime in it helps the garlic taste and smell go away. The lime water trick works for those who take fish oil as well.

Eating salads with parsely in it also works.

I take fresh garlic in my salads about three times a week. Sometimes I mash a potato and add fresh chopped garlic after the potato has already been cooked. Potatoes are starchy and some people consider them bad for acne, but they don't seem to cause any extra acne for me.

If I add garlic to any dish I wait until the food has been cooked and then add the raw garlic to preserve the enzymes and allicin in the garlic.

MemberMember
(@hotelheidi)

Posted : 10/20/2004 7:54 pm

IF ANYONE HAS SHORT NAILS AND WANTS LONG NAILS READ THIS

The other day I noticed that my friend had very long nails. I asked her how she keeps them that way. She told me that every night she takes half a garlic clove and just rubs it all over her nails and under her nails. I was very skeptical, especially because garlic smells so bad and I was afraid of what my husband would say about the smell.

I have bought a pair of gloves to wear at night, so my husband won't smell the garlic. So far this garlic trick has worked. My thumb and ring finger have the longest nails so far, but Im sure the rest will catch up. biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@filipino)

Posted : 10/20/2004 9:43 pm

i remeber when jc recommended this because of its good effects and none that are bad. He also said it is good to like, ridiculously smash the garlic for more acillin... I believed him, and i tried it, and it worked pretty well though the changes were a little unnoticable because of my lots of scars and hyperpigmentation...

btw, what happened to jc? i was gone for a few months and i returned around september, and i haven't seen a single post from him...

MemberMember
(@rmundra3010gmail-com)

Posted : 06/25/2020 12:29 pm

Raw garlic hurt my stomach and it gave me huge pimples

Why it game me huge acne while others healed their acne with raw garlic ?......