Notifications
Clear all

Testosterone levels spike 7 days after abstaining from masturbation

MemberMember
(@assassin-2)

Posted : 12/06/2009 6:08 am

One shouldn't go extreme with abstinence or indulgence; once a day, everyday, is the perfect amount I think when it comes to masturbation.

MemberMember
(@elliphannte)

Posted : 12/06/2009 6:09 am

If anything I would have thought masturbating regularly helps to clear the skin, if have any effect at all. It's a fact that masturbation causes you to relax and a well known cause of flare-ups in acne is due to stress. Hence why I would predict the above.

MemberMember
(@acnejohn12)

Posted : 12/06/2009 12:10 pm

I'm gonna try this too. It makes perfect sense to me, as I started getting acne around the time I started maturbating. I'll try completely abstaining for 1 month and see if there is any improvements

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 12/06/2009 4:10 pm

down side: if you mastrubate 21x a month chance on prostate cancer is reduced by 30% or something.

So if you stop doing it... But still chance is prob pretty low.

Btw link not working

MemberMember
(@whathavewehere)

Posted : 12/06/2009 8:20 pm

This definitely works for me. Whenever I don't masturbate, I get almost no new acne. However, whenever I start wanking away, I get new cysts within 2-3 days, without fail. I keep trying to go at least 2 weeks without masturbating, yet I keep failing. It's quite a difficult 'regimen' to stick to.

MemberMember
(@brissyguy)

Posted : 12/06/2009 9:07 pm

So with the original question;

Are we saying that testosterone levels are BAD or GOOD?

I know that it spikes after no ejaculation for 7days, and then normalises. So basically, first 7 days will be normal, days 7-14 will be break outs, days 14-31 significant improvement?

MemberMember
(@whathavewehere)

Posted : 12/06/2009 9:45 pm

So with the original question;

Are we saying that testosterone levels are BAD or GOOD?

I know that it spikes after no ejaculation for 7days, and then normalises. So basically, first 7 days will be normal, days 7-14 will be break outs, days 14-31 significant improvement?

Yeah, people have said that you shouldn't expect to see real improvement until the 2-3 week mark.

My guess is that if someone keeps only abstaining for 1-2 weeks, then goes back to masturbation, then goes 1-2 weeks again, it will only make their acne worse (this is what I did). I guess I need to pick something and stick with it instead of constantly switching.

MemberMember
(@brissyguy)

Posted : 12/07/2009 11:38 pm

Joris - If you eat with ketchup that also reduces prostate cancer.

(I tend to be wowed by studies, but unless you read the study (who does that?) to see how controlled the experiments are and how many people were involved you wouldn't really know if it was a substantiated claim.)

Thanks for the answer whathavewerhere, so how long should I 'abstain' for? Like once a month?

Btw guys - I failed today I woke up to find a little surprise. If you abstain, nature is still going to do the deed for you! Grrr! But do you think it would be getting rid of waste (eg damaged sperm cells) compared to intentional ejaculation which releases zinc etc?

MemberMember
(@whathavewehere)

Posted : 12/08/2009 12:24 am

Yeah, if masturbation is one of the causes of your acne, I think you'll probably start seeing results after 3-4 weeks. As long as you don't constantly think about how you're denying yourself masturbation, you should be fine. Just find something else to do in its place, like weight lifting, or running. That way you won't have lots of pent-up stress.

I remember I once had two weeks where I was really busy and barely thought about masturbation at all... and I didn't have a single wet dream during those whole two weeks. However, if masturbation is always on your mind, you're bound to get a wet dream or two and thus mess up your abstinence.

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 12/08/2009 1:02 am

Yeah I was breaking out bad recently and decided to abstain again. Did so for around three weeks, had dramatic improvement. Started jerking off again for a week, acne started again to flare up. But I've been getting a better control over my skin recently, not sure why, so the breakout hasn't been TOO bad. I think working out a lot more might be helping my body balance things out.

So now I've decided to limit masturbation (once a week or so, two at most, and sometimes even less), and when I do masturbate I try to do it normally rather than for an excessively long period of time. I don't forcefully hold back, but basically if I actually didn't have the urge to I won't.

What I recommend:

- When you have sex with someone, it is demanding physically, so I believe exercising is important if you masturbate, might balance something out that won't be balanced if you just masturbate.

- When you have sex with someone, you don't have continuous intercourse for an hour and a half or two hours. Actual intercourse doesn't last excessively long, so neither should masturbation.

These two factors I believe are why masturbation can lead to breakouts over normal sexual intercourse.

That's all I can recommend really. I've seen good results, but I don't believe acne has the same cause for everyone.

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 12/08/2009 1:37 am

Joris - If you eat with ketchup that also reduces prostate cancer.

(I tend to be wowed by studies, but unless you read the study (who does that?) to see how controlled the experiments are and how many people were involved you wouldn't really know if it was a substantiated claim.)

Thanks for the answer whathavewerhere, so how long should I 'abstain' for? Like once a month?

Btw guys - I failed today I woke up to find a little surprise. If you abstain, nature is still going to do the deed for you! Grrr! But do you think it would be getting rid of waste (eg damaged sperm cells) compared to intentional ejaculation which releases zinc etc?

Yes, there is a HUGE difference. It's not even worth worrying about nocturnal emmisions, it's your body sorting itself out, it's a positive thing.

MemberMember
(@brissyguy)

Posted : 12/08/2009 7:54 am

Rightio, thanks everyone. It's not that hard I guess. I just hope I don't wake up to any more surprises.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/17/2012 8:45 pm

I'm confused..does the report say that testosterone increases EVERY 7 days, or only the 7th day after ejaculation and then it stays stable afterwards?

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 10/12/2012 8:49 am

Only the 7th day. Try it, and you'll notice.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:25 pm

hey guys, I also personally experience breakouts if I masturbate excessively, although the exact timeline of events is unclear to me. I'm trying to figure out when exactly a breakout will occur after a masturbation session even if the person continues to masturbate. I think this 7th day testosterone spike is piece of the puzzle but there is still more to figure out. Check out my thread which is a bit more in depth question about masturbation:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/323492-questionpoll-for-those-who-masturbate/

after this, my next approach will be to prevent these spikes from masturbation at all so we don't have to abstain from sexual activity to achieve clear skin. Saw palmetto holds potential for some people, but it didn't work for me.