Notifications
Clear all

How much fruit should you really eat?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/02/2013 6:41 pm

Frankly speaking, 5-6 pieces of different colored fruits a day is more than enough. Similarly with veggies it is the same. Yes its true that certain fruits have really high level of sugar and fruits in general anyway have fructose, but unlike regular sugar fructose isnt harmful.

Fructose is harmful. You don't want to consume too much. Also, 'regular' sugar, sucrose, is half fructose. Most fruits are half fructose, but the ratio varies.

MemberMember
(@tommyhaynes96)

Posted : 06/06/2013 6:41 am

I eat lots of fruits, in fact, probably more than normal, because I was told by a qualified nutritionist that the sugars or rather fructose present in fruits actually isn't harmful in any way, be it for acne or otherwise.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:41 am

I eat lots of fruits, in fact, probably more than normal, because I was told by a qualified nutritionist that the sugars or rather fructose present in fruits actually isn't harmful in any way, be it for acne or otherwise.

Well, that is untrue. The rapidly growing occurrence of Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver disease is caused by fructose. Researchers use fructose to induce insulin resistance and thus type II diabetes. Fructose fuels tumor growth.

The fruit juices and high fructose corn syrup in processed foods and drinks are the culprits for most people, but it isn't impossible to get too much from fruit.

And now, nutritionists recommend people use Agave Nectar which is pure fructose as a sweetener which is really bad advice.

MemberMember
(@janetjoseph67)

Posted : 06/07/2013 1:14 am

I believe too much of a good thing can also be bad for you. So everything in moderation is good and this also applies to healthy stuff like fruits and veggies.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/07/2013 8:55 am

I believe too much of a good thing can also be bad for you. So everything in moderation is good and this also applies to healthy stuff like fruits and veggies.

I agree, but what is defined as moderation.

For example, I have read from some people that they think its okay to eat 4-5 bananas a day. While others believe you should it 3-4 bananas a week

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/07/2013 9:48 am

even 3-4 is not right.

one or two banana is enough to make a normal person full keeping fruit snack in mind.

plus u should add differnt fruits.not just one kind.

like one medium apple,one medium cucumber along with 4-5 lichish should be good for me as my breakfast.

i wnt need my lentils as well.

just an example.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/07/2013 11:42 am

I just ate a full papaya with whip cream.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:37 pm

papaya is good for skin in general for its hormone.which makes skin healthy,shiny and young-looking.

whip cream?!

r u okay with dairy?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/11/2013 6:37 pm

That sounds horrid.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/11/2013 8:01 pm

That sounds horrid.

It was a small one not the huge ones.

My acne is very light and I know food or dairy doesn't affect me at all. I'm trying to gain weight so am eating as much calories as I can.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/11/2013 8:48 pm

That sounds horrid.

It was a small one not the huge ones.

My acne is very light and I know food or dairy doesn't affect me at all. I'm trying to gain weight so am eating as much calories as I can.

I'm talking about the combination of whipped cream on papaya.