Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin D... I'm finally clear!!

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 06/06/2013 3:10 pm

I've been taking vitamin D3 for about a week now. It's too early to tell anything regarding my skin, and I'll post here again when I feel more confident if it is or is not working. However, it has definitely lifted my energy levels!

MemberMember
(@pilotphase)

Posted : 01/09/2014 4:34 pm

So I decided to give vitamin D a try, ive got very low levels. Just had my first pill today, i will see how this goes.

My acne is mainly comedonal nothing cystic, but a lot of clogged pores and oil secretion.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 01/09/2014 8:25 pm

I'm on my 3rd day of vitamin d3 im taking 5,000 UI. I'm till getting acne am going to up the dose to 10,000 UI to see if the breakouts stop.

MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 06/21/2014 1:58 am

Most of the posts here never updated with how their treatment went. Total bummer.

MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 07/04/2014 5:34 pm

I'll chime in that it did minimal stuff for me. It's also important you don't od. My body gets very sick if I take more than 1,000IU. Zinc didn't solve the issue, but it did way more for me than D3 did, and I buy the top of the line expensive stuff.

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 05/23/2015 10:37 pm

I know this thread is sort of old but I don't want to make a new one when this one has so many great responses.

I just wanted to share my experience. I have been taking about 3,000 IU a day and I have seen a tremendous difference in my skin. It is healing right now so it's not pretty but I finally have smooth spots! My acne is caused by very oily skin and this helps dry it out. I may go down to 2,000 IU because it is pretty drying. 1,000 does nothing for me. That's the amount I have in my multivitamin and it doesn't do much for oil.

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 05/26/2015 4:34 pm

I have been taking vitamin D (around 1600 - 2400 IU) with selenium zinc and vitamin a on and off for a couple of months now. I always find that if i stop taking them, my skin gets worse. But then again, this combo never cured anything for me either.

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 05/26/2015 9:56 pm

I have been taking vitamin D (around 1600 - 2400 IU) with selenium zinc and vitamin a on and off for a couple of months now. I always find that if i stop taking them, my skin gets worse. But then again, this combo never cured anything for me either.

How much zinc and vitA are you taking?

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 05/27/2015 9:24 am

15 mg of Vitamin a and 30 mg of zinc. It's probably on the low side for the both of them.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 05/27/2015 3:53 pm

I had low D3 and was given 50,000 iu of it from my doctor from the pharmacy, it helped my mood for sure and my skin color and softness seems to be alot better. It didnt seem to help my cysts/acne much though even after correcting my levels. Everyones body responds differently and I have seen that this vitamin does help some acne sufferes. I still take 5,000 iu daily even though im down here in texas I still dont get enough sun in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 05/28/2015 4:41 pm

Good to hear it did improve your mood and skin :) Obviously vit D does something good for the skin, as almost everyone experiences an improvement in their skin during summer. This is why such large doses are helpful for a lot of people, you don't need as much sun then which is good, as too much sun can be harmful. My issue is that I have rosacea as well, my skin is super sensitive. I thought that taking a lot of Vitamin D works good for acne, but counteractive for rosacea. (cause thats why I keep my doses quite low) Anyone who knows something about that?

MemberMember
(@kabob91)

Posted : 08/05/2015 12:15 am

Hopefully there are no fake testimonials here just to up the sales of Vitamin D3. It sucks when people take advantage of other people's desperation and misery for selfish intentions.

I took lanolin/olive oil-based Now Foods D3 5,000 IU once and it broke me out the very next day (The day I had a job interview. Sucks.) I also experienced some bloating/gas. Some people say dry capsules work better so I've ordered some and am giving it a shot. Hopefully it works this time, if not then nope.

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 11/23/2015 12:24 pm

Hey I thought NOW foods broke me out too. I didn't think it would since it had olive oil as the ingredient. So twice it seemed to break me out. Now I use Jamieson (canadian brand). They only sell 1000ui tablets as that is the max in Canada. Doesn't make any sense since we are so far from the equator.

Anyway so I buy the largest quantity bottle X2. It's good just that I have to take 5 tablets. But lasts me more than 3 months which isn't that bad. At first it was great but then it stopped helping my acne. But I still take it because it seemed to help my mood and help my immune system A LOT. But it's not a cure. I actively take magnesium too and upping my vitamin A intake recently. I hope it helps.

MemberMember
(@chishittyacne)

Posted : 12/10/2015 9:59 pm

Holy cow I can't thank you enough for this thread. Recently I've been getting worse and worse acne, however I couldn't find out what it was because I've actually been eating HEALTHIER than normal. Then it hit me; in the summer I could binge drink and binge eat whole bags of hot cheetos and get just a few zits, however now I eat healthy and I still break out. It must be the vitamin d!!!!!!!! In a few days I will let you know if it has helped, but immediately after taking 4400 iu's of D3 I felt better. My vision cleared up, my depression lifted, and probably other things i don't even know about.

MemberMember
(@freedom)

Posted : 01/05/2017 10:06 pm

If D3 doesnt work for you or breaks you out like it did for me try D2!
D3 makes me greasy and gives me blackheads but D2 totally clears up skin, though I still have to watch my citrus intake.
HTH