Notifications
Clear all

Wheatgrass

MemberMember
(@dreamlify)

Posted : 10/18/2010 8:25 am

Just a question, is wheatgrass rich in carbohydrates? Cause my derma advised me to limit the intake of foods high in carbs. But then, that would be contradictory to the positive effects of wheatgrass on acne.

To answer this most confidently, we need to be sure of some theory facts (do correct me if i am wrong).

Carbohydrates is ultimately broken down in simple sugar aka glucose.

Glucose is what it's absorbed into bloodstream for energy COS it's from sugar afterall!

Thus to check whether your wheatgrass product/ source have any carb/ sugar, examine the ingredient list and you can be sure of.

Yes any honey or what.

Cos i have 2 types of powdered drink, one with honey one is without and for health sake, i gona only take the one without, by right the taste is slightly a bit bitter and plain, true natural organic without any additives shouldnt taste any sweet afterall.

And yes they will state: 100% wheatgrass (nothing elses)

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 10/18/2010 2:05 pm

there is no gluten in wheatgrass.

i have yet to grow it, but i do know that the german basketball nationalteam drinks this stuff daily during their tournaments, so it has to have some positive effect on the body.

anything that's good for your body is good for your skin in the long run, so stick with it.

MemberMember
(@gwenivera)

Posted : 10/19/2010 4:46 pm

Wheat grass worked wonders for me. I have had extremely severe cystic acne from middle school up until high school. Every doctor I have ever gone to has suggested I be put on acutane (Even family practitioners), and I had been on antibiotics, birth control, various prescription tropicals and medicines, etc. My dad bought wheatgrass in a spray bottle, from Dr Wheatgrass, and I started spritzing it on my face after I washed it 2 times a day. After a few weeks, i stopped having breakouts and my face is clear. I still have scars, but it is such a relief to finally have clear skin.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/19/2010 6:04 pm

You are better off consuming spinach, kale, cabbage, romaine, etc. and skip the fads. See the green smoothie thread.