Notifications
Clear all

BREWER'S YEAST

MemberMember
(@faeriedust)

Posted : 11/30/2006 10:07 am

how are u supposed to consume brewer's yeast? With food or with water?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/30/2006 10:01 pm

. It is very common to have an IB (initial breakout) in the first two weeks to one month while your body adjusts to Brewer's Yeast

hey case, just wondering why this statement would be true. Could you elaborate?

And to the guy thats dissing 'over' supplementing. Any scientific claims as to why 18 is too much? Why the unexplained conservatism? Is it based on some perceived common sense law on what is acceptable and what isn't?

I take 10 supplement capsules a day to maintain acne free skin, which is totally acceptable to me. Yet a friend who never takes supplements said to me, 'don't you think that's a bit extreme?' I think his junk food diet is extreme...

Perhaps you might like to consider the fact that most food on the shelves is now deficient in many nutrients it should have in it, and that we should be getting from our diet, yet do not. IMO supplementation is necessary to good health in the 21st century. And I also think more substantial supplementation can often make more of a difference to our health.

MemberMember
(@jaffa-man)

Posted : 11/30/2006 10:06 pm

What the hell is yeast going to do to cure acne? Sounds like funky black magic voodoo to me when there is sufficient scientific evidence i may give it more thought

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 11/30/2006 11:03 pm

What the hell is yeast going to do to cure acne? Sounds like funky black magic voodoo to me when there is sufficient scientific evidence i may give it more thought

High-chromium yeast for acne?

McCarty M.

Many dermatologists have reported that insulin and tolbutamide are therapeutically effective in acne. This rationalizes a recent observation that high-chromium yeast appears to have value as an acne treatment.

PMID: 6236351 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...p;dopt=Abstract

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/30/2006 11:35 pm

What the hell is yeast going to do to cure acne? Sounds like funky black magic voodoo to me eusa_naughty.gif when there is sufficient scientific evidence i may give it more thought

I quite like funky black magic voodoo. makes me feel good.

Actually nutrients and diet (and the processes that happen within the body that are directly related) is at the cutting edge of acne treatment research.

People who are not at the cutting edge of acne treatment research:

Licensed bog-standard dermatologists who out of the textbook prescribe antibiotics and accutane based on a narrow field of research that was done 20+ years ago. The side effects of such treatments can be detrimental to health. They get paid a lot of money to look at peoples acne all day long and write a prescription. Ever heard of a poor dermatologist?

Note: The holistic area of this forum is the only place worth going on acne.org for decent acne treatment related discussion.

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 12/01/2006 6:44 pm

You people are hilarious

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 12/02/2006 6:11 pm

C'mon case, answer my question!

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 12/02/2006 9:47 pm

C'mon case, answer my question!

I don't know what your talking about really. You asked more than one question.

No it doesn't have MSG in it (Brewer's Yeast)

Nutritional yeast might because it's for eating or dressing foods with to increase their nutritional characteristics.

I would think since nutritional yeast is marketed towards the health conscious, no supplier would stock any kinds of nutritional yeast containing MSG sue to the reported adverse health affects. Anyhow MSG is now required by law to be in the ingredients list, so check ingredients for Monosodium Glutamate.

MemberMember
(@jen121)

Posted : 12/02/2006 9:49 pm

Hey welcome back case! I missed you ;)

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 12/02/2006 9:51 pm

Hey welcome back case! I missed you ;)

Liar

MemberMember
(@jen121)

Posted : 12/02/2006 9:54 pm

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 12/02/2006 10:06 pm

You wanna throw down. I'll fight a girl.

You don't stand a chance

For you it would be like hitting a brick wall

Still love ya though

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 01/28/2007 1:32 pm

I just updated the above Brewer's Yeast article significantly

MemberMember
(@brl1986)

Posted : 01/28/2007 2:57 pm

Hey guys. I have a few general questions. Where can I find brewer's yeast. How much does it cost? How much should I take per day? How long does it take to see results? Help is greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 01/28/2007 3:39 pm

Hey guys. I have a few general questions. Where can I find brewer's yeast. How much does it cost? How much should I take per day? How long does it take to see results? Help is greatly appreciated!
MemberMember
(@oddball)

Posted : 01/28/2007 6:12 pm

I just ordered some brewers yeast pills, are they as good as the powder form?

I know from my experience with things like creatine that pills are not always as good as powder...

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 01/28/2007 6:21 pm

I just ordered some brewers yeast pills, are they as good as the powder form?

I know from my experience with things like creatine that pills are not always as good as powder...

MemberMember
(@oddball)

Posted : 01/28/2007 6:24 pm

Thanks, I cancelled the order and I'm ordering some powder instead.

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 01/28/2007 6:52 pm

cool cool. if you ordered the lewis labs kind at least you won't have to gag when you take it

MemberMember
(@motrebmu)

Posted : 01/28/2007 11:14 pm

does anyone know anything about the vitamin shoppe brand brewer's yeast? the nutrition facts only list niacin, b1, b2, and protein

but it doesn't list anything at all about zinc, chromium, fiber, Selenium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, etc.

does it still have the important stuff?? lol

Thanks

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 01/28/2007 11:27 pm

does anyone know anything about the vitamin shoppe brand brewer's yeast? the nutrition facts only list niacin, b1, b2, and protein

but it doesn't list anything at all about zinc, chromium, fiber, Selenium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, etc.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@motrebmu)

Posted : 01/30/2007 3:39 pm

Thanks

Short answer, no. Long answer, yes but in amounts that are insignificant. The vitamin shoppe brand is in tablet form which I think is useless. Get the powdered form from Lewis Labs. Best tasting and most nutritional that I've found.

MemberMember
(@tassadar)

Posted : 09/24/2007 4:46 pm

This stuff really works guys.

I bought brewer's yeast about 2 weeks ago because I heard it was good as a gym supplement. Well, in those two weeks I haven't broken out once, as I usually get one or two pimples a week.

My skin isn't oily and it looks healthy, maybe also because I'm taking zinc tablets as well (also as a gym supplement).

I don't have to worry about the bad taste becasue I just dd it to my protein shake.

I take 15grams in the morning and 15 at night. And if i go to the gym one day Ill take 15grams after the gym.

I'm thinking of upping the doses though.

MemberMember
(@tornado_chaser)

Posted : 09/24/2007 5:15 pm

This is ironic. Back when I was 15 and started getting acne, my grandpa told me "Take brewers yeast, it'll clear that right up!" Of course I was like "Ok...." I did end up buying a bottle of pills. I only took one a day and I don't remember how long I took them. I probably gave up after a few weeks without seeing any results.

Perhaps I should try them again, but this time in a higher dose, and in powder form.

MemberMember
(@fightingthegoodfight)

Posted : 09/25/2007 3:15 pm

Solgar is another good brand for Brewers Yeast. I got it at whole foods.