Notifications
Clear all

I thought it ruined my life...

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 06/24/2021 10:37 pm

I obsessed over my scars and acne from age 14 until 2 years ago (2019). I finally accept myself. I have tons of scars. I am close to God now and I am thankful for my scars, because they keep shallow people away. If someone can't see what's on the inside, and enjoy my personality I don't want them. I get hit on so much, and lots of guys want me, even with my scars and acne. :) There are good people out there , I promise! Anyways, I just wanted to give you guys/girls hope. I have been in the community since 2012. I love you all and I wish you all the best. I am still looking for my soul mate in the big world, so let's hope I find him. Please don't spend your whole life obsessing over your acne and scars like I did, I wasted way too much time on it okay? Trust me. There are people that have it way worse. I know it's hard you beautiful person, but together we will get through this! You are not alone, whether you're 14 or 72! Please reach out to me and send me a message. Hide mirrors if you have to. Surround yourself with people that love you for you, not for your looks. Break out of your shell and comfort zone. Don't be afraid of what others might say. You are special, important, valued and loved. I love you and I am here for you okay? Take care and write me back soon. <3 And yes I have a chipped tooth! My ex husband did that to me, it is fixed now! & yes I am wearing make up in that picture, but I never wear it! You know why? Because we don't need that ish! Beauty is only skin deep, let your soul shine! 

20190316_154535.jpg

Also, you can't see my scars, but I do have them!! In this picture you can see my flaws better! No one is perfect !!!

20190123_162557.jpg

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 06/24/2021 10:48 pm

Thank you so much! This was a truly beautiful post.

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 06/24/2021 11:07 pm

You are so welcome!! But no need to thank me . :) I just wanted to report back. My scars have kind of improved with time. The ones that don't love me can kick rocks in this life. :) . lol. How are you doing tonight my friend?

MemberMember
(@tellurium)

Posted : 08/10/2021 1:21 am

That's good to hear, floridagirl1991.

MemberMember
(@perfectskin_dreamer)

Posted : 10/18/2021 6:22 pm

Thank you so much for sharing - I want to get to that place of acceptance and self-love. I am trying enough scar treatments to then say - ok, I did my best and now I have to live with the cards that I was dealt with my skin. I have such a good life and am loved, but I need to self-love and move-on. The anxiety and depression my skin has caused me is slowly killing me and I know it. The light has gone out and I am trying to bring it back. On anti-depressants, trying self-help books, scar treatments and whatever I can to live a normal life again.