Notifications
Clear all

Dealing with worsening acne

MemberMember
(@muddyblonde)

Posted : 09/06/2017 2:56 pm

Hi all,

I am really struggling with the emotional side of my acne particularly since it is starting to turn cystic and pretty severe.
My personality is outgoing and meeting new people and having spontaneous adventures are my favourite things.

However, over the past couple of weeks my skin has really gotten me down. I no longer want to engage in these activites and when I look into the mirror I feel disgust. I am a 19-year old male who should be having the time of his life but frankly I am at my lowest point.
How did everyone else get past these feelings and learn tolive life to the maxin the face (literally!) of these issues?
All best and prayers,
MuddyBlonde
MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 09/06/2017 7:17 pm

4 hours ago, MuddyBlonde said:

How did everyone else get past these feelings and learn tolive life to the maxin the face (literally!) of these issues?

i didn't.

MemberMember
(@muddyblonde)

Posted : 09/07/2017 3:04 am

7 hours ago, MrBakery said:
i didn't.

sorry to hear that man. i hope one day you can move past this shitty thing.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 09/08/2017 2:11 am

When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You appreciate it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didnt get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you dont get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying Youre too this, or Im too this. That judging mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.

-Ram Dass

I know it's really corny, but by the gods this has helped me more than anything on my worst days. We're all just trees.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 09/19/2017 3:19 pm

These will always scar us but no one else will help and motivate you but yourself. You said you are young and yes you should definitely be living your life to the fullest, not tomorrow but right now. You don't want to get old and look back and say, shoot I should have done this and that while I was still young but because of my situation, it held me back.

Be with family and true friends, to say the least. Those who will never judge you and still love you no matter what you look like. That's the first step you've got to take. They accepted you for what and who you are so there's no reason why you shouldn't do the same for yourself. Best of luck! :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/24/2017 5:44 pm

Keep moving one foot in front of the other. Sometimes that's all you can do. Sometimes i literally have to talk myself into taking a shower, putting on decent clothes and stepping outside for some fresh air. Make it a habit of doing regardless of your feelings. It will get easier after time. Also, avoid mirrors. I also play my ipod as i walk and get in the zone. You can't control how other people will react but you can at the very least, fake it till you make it.

Hugs from NJ