Notifications
Clear all

waiting for clear skin

MemberMember
(@c-thru)

Posted : 06/02/2017 1:32 pm

I feel as though I have been waiting for so many years to have "clear skin." Having bad skin has negatively affected me more than I can even imagine. I feel like I am still living with the effects of having severe acne in high school and college. I just feel like I am always self-conscious of my face and my skin, and people still have the nerve to comment on it "why are you so red?, what happened to your face? under a lot of stress lately?" I know what I look like, I have a mirror. I don't need these reminders of how bad my skin looks. As I have gotten older, I have tried to just own it, like yes I have bad skin, but still that is like lying to myself that I really accept that this is what i look like. I feel as though it is just a burden to have such horrible skin. It really makes me feel unmotivated to be social and really lowers my self-esteem. Anyone relate?

jwalk and Eyelah liked
MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 06/03/2017 2:03 am

Yep, I 100% relate. I got really good at pretending it didn't bother me, but it still did and there isn't really anything you can do about that.

MemberMember
(@zerec)

Posted : 06/11/2017 9:28 am

Feel ya.. feel ya..

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 06/19/2017 12:30 am

Relate completely. But you know what I learnt, that if I keep quiet about comments, people just make more of them. I was brought up to never comment on a person's appearance. But other people obviously have not. So that meant they made comments about me, I kept quiet and I felt bad. The loser here? Me. The person who wanted to be unsocial? Me. So the next time someone told me my face was red, I looked them up and down and commented on them. No more comments as people now know I do not tolerate them

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 06/19/2017 2:40 am

People with clear skin don't know how lucky they are. We'd give anything to have that

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 06/22/2017 2:23 am

I can totally relate. That's why I don't have any profile pic here. It got me hiding from everyone else, so ashamed of what I look like. I joined this because I am with people who are just like me, people who won't judge because they exactly know what I feel.

*hugs* to you my friend.