Notifications
Clear all

I hate what I have become, but it's not my fault

MemberMember
(@acne_scars_acne_scar)

Posted : 05/31/2017 9:56 am

I hate that I am scarred by acne and I hate that I had acne for almost 15 years. I hate that no one cares, but only judges (negatively) and that I have had to suffer by myself for so long.

I reached out in my teens for accutane and was refused by the NHS. It was after that when I started to scar. If the NHS doctor hadn't been so crap I would have ended this nightmare 10 years ago. No I'm seeing surgeons and none of them care about me. I have had two failed scar revisions. I have spent upwards of 1000 on surgery and 500 on accutane. I have spent 17 years of my life with crap skin.

I have tried and tried and tried and I'm still suffering from the effects of acne as a 29 year old man.

There is no real help out there, at least not in the UK. My opinion of doctors has changed forever and I believe they are all crooks.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/01/2017 5:48 pm

The ugly truth to super fast acne healing is super clean diet!
no caffeine, no alcohol, no sugar, no cheese, no simple carbohydrates
organic dairy and meat
complex carbohydrates
eat fish several times a week
fasting is one of the radical ways to heal inside out(if you do ones a week at least, no water)
do test for parasites, it's one of the reasons that might cause acne
constipation does cause ugly acne

Why don't you see nutritionist or naturopath doctor?

MemberMember
(@porter1989)

Posted : 08/27/2017 10:19 pm

Thought I would pop in here, I no exactly how your feeling. while my acne is not severe anymore as when I was 12 to 14 after that its been fairly mild and nothing really to bother me even if my face is a red mess, I'm 27 and have had a big breakout in places I never get spots (bottom of my jawline) so add that with my scars on my face looks hideous. I'm now on week 5 of lymecycline with not much going on on my face. Week 11 of my diet, no sugar, dairy, gluten anything like that and while I've shed the 2 stone my face is still a raging mess. Been sat in my house for the last 3 months and its only getting worse. I can't face society so been limited to going to the doctor or walking my dog at night. I get to visit my GP again once week 6 of my medication is over and if no improvement I got to ask for the tane. You're not alone brother hang in there and we can beat this for good. it may be genetics but both my parents had good skin growing up. just found out my partner is pregnant to which has made me over the moon but my face is always on my mind, looking in mirrors picking out the new spots which came overnight. Feel free to message me would make this situation so much better knowing we are the same age going through this. even got male makeup which don't work! Its hard being a guy and not being able to have these advantages. Let me no how ur getting on also from the uk. peace and love

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 08/30/2017 8:02 pm

When you have adult acne doctors cannot help. It's the same experience all over. I am from India and fought acne for 20 years. Paid a lot to a lot of doctors and got nothing in return. I was treated like crap as well. Don't worry though, a lot of people on here have cured their acne. You will too