Notifications
Clear all

My acne scars are giving me anxiety

MemberMember
(@s33kings0lution)

Posted : 05/26/2016 2:29 am

Just saw my reflection when I wad outside. Daylight makes it look a lot worse. The sad part is, I guess, that's the real and true lighting since you'll be able to see your face clearly. I wake up with a rapid heart beat thinking if my scars had gotten worse or if i have a new zit which will leave a scar as well.

Background - I'm taking my 2nd course of accutane and I'm almost done with my 5th month. My 1st course was way back in 2013, I only had dry lips and it didn't cause any scarring. This year I started my 2nd course and I had the worst IB during my 1st-3rd month. Eyes got dry, lips are dry and I had joint pains. I can deal with the other side effect but not scarring! I now have a few indented scars and my dermatologist kept telling me that accutane doesn't cause scarring, she didn't even tell me that it can impair healing. I regret goin on accutane for the 2nd time.

I'm so scared of waking up everyday and see my reflection. I can do so much more if i don't have this skin condition. I just cried today. I'd rather have acne that goes away completely on its own that to have acne that heals fast but leaves a scar. I am so depressed. I know others have it way worse and others deal with more serious illnesses but I can't help feeling this way. I sometimes even feel guilty of feeling this way. Why can't everyone have a clear skin. It has affected so many individuals emotionally and mentally.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/26/2016 3:02 pm

im with you man...i did 2 courses of accutane myself and i have scars now too that have taken over my life. just be glad you only have a few indented scars..

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 05/28/2016 11:16 pm

On 5/26/2016 at 3:29 AM, S33kingS0lution said:

I am so depressed. I know others have it way worse and others deal with more serious illnesses but I can't help feeling this way. I sometimes even feel guilty of feeling this way. Why can't everyone have a clear skin. It has affected so many individuals emotionally and mentally.

So here's what I am trying to work on: being grateful while continuing to be positive to better myself.

Usually I end up crying and have to start all over.

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 05/29/2016 5:43 am

On 26 May 2016 at 8:29 AM, S33kingS0lution said:

I know others have it way worse and others deal with more serious illnesses but I can't help feeling this way. I sometimes even feel guilty of feeling this way.

Contrary to popular opinion, you have no direct control over how you think and feel. Don't let anyone else blame you for something that is beyond your control.

MemberMember
(@s33kings0lution)

Posted : 05/29/2016 8:59 pm

21 hours ago, holdingontohope said:
So here's what I am trying to work on: being grateful while continuing to be positive to better myself.

Usually I end up crying and have to start all over.

Sounds like me!