Notifications
Clear all

It Make Me Angry and Maybe It Shouldnt ....

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 04/30/2016 3:20 pm

I know Ive mentioned it before but at this point especially now that Im being treated, it makes me extremely angry when people have to touch or rub their face when they speak to me or look at me. I know it shouldnt make me mad but it does. Very angry because they dont do it to anyone else. Even my sister does it, when she is talking to other people she doesnt do that, whenever she is near me ,she is always rubbing her face. Its very annoying.
i was in a video meeting yesterday and the host was not touching her face, when I was introduced, she kept touching her cheek. Im so tired of being reminded especially now that Im starting to feel better about myself. No matter how much the Retin A and the Clindamyacin work, these ugly holes will never go away.
I dont think I will ever have a boyfriend again. While people dont stare at me at this point, I dont get any attention either. Men just at me and look away They used to smile at me, call me beautiful. (even with acne) I guess scars are worse than the acne because now Im invisible even with a cute outfit.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/01/2016 8:00 am

And if they are uncomfortable wit you, that's their problem. Best advice my therapist gave me is this : you can't please everyone. I find that looking people in the eye as they talk to you puts the spotlight back on them. You are also not a mind reader so try to avoid making assumptions about how people think and feel about you.

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 05/05/2016 9:59 am

Thanks for your advice LeeLowe. I know I sound like an idiot, but its hard to cope with. I compare it to when someone wants to silently tell you you have something on your face, what do they do, they start rubbing that part of their face in hopes that you will catch on and do the same. Thats how it is for me every day...I saw a show on Lifetime about a man with tumors all over his face, a little girl looked at him and immediately wiped her face, I said thats what I face every day !!!