Notifications
Clear all

Accused of doing meth- thanks acne!

MemberMember
(@knarfia)

Posted : 04/22/2016 5:33 pm

I took my kids to their track meet today and chatted with some of the other moms. Eventually we sort of broke into groups and it was just me and one other woman. For whatever reason, she felt the need to tell me:

"Hey, you know that girl you were talking to you? The other day you walked up and she said, "Ugh... it's that girl. She's a total tweaker, I can tell."

I was about to cry! I said, "It's because of my skin," and she nodded. Then she felt the need to bring it up again soon after.

"Don't worry about what others say," she said. "It's just 'cuz you're skinny, and...you know... your skin."

When will this nightmare be over? I've tried everything.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/22/2016 5:55 pm

I used to be in the same boat. Although I wasn't accused of being on meth, I was travelling at some point and was sharing my stories to my family. My aunt commented if I was stopped at the airport when they say my skin. She implied that the current state of my current skin was so bad that it looked like I had some kind of rash or disease.

Comments like that really hurt. Especially coming from family or people who has never gone through acne. They think it is just a hygiene issue or something simple that can be resolved.

knarfia and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 04/23/2016 7:04 am

13 hours ago, nicmic62 said:

They think it is just a hygiene issue or something simple that can be resolved.

And when they give you some uninformed advice such as "Get some vitamins", it's really annoying!

knarfia liked
MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/23/2016 8:06 am

Wow, sorry you had to go through this. Just know that this too will pass. Are you actively trying to treat your acne?

knarfia liked
MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 04/23/2016 9:59 am

I would have used sarcasm " oh thank you,come here and give me a big kiss "

honeyhon liked
MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 04/23/2016 4:00 pm

I have a real paranoia that people think I am on drugs because of my skin. It's a major reason I try avoid eye contact which in turn probably makes me look more shifty. I feel your pain xxx

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 04/26/2016 11:16 am

On 4/23/2016 at 8:29 PM, kasyani said:

lol

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/26/2016 1:06 pm

So many people think they are a psychoanalyst genius these days. That is a really stupid thing to say.

MemberMember
(@mmm999)

Posted : 04/28/2016 8:38 pm

Don't let people like that get to you. Just continue with your life. Theres a karma even though I wouldn't wish acne on my worst enemy. I bet you're so beautiful! so don't let people like that make you think you are any less.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/01/2016 8:20 am

People are sooooo rude. The next time someone says some crap like that to you, look them n the eye (this makes many people uncomfortable) and say, "well that's her problem/opinion isn't it. She must not have too much going on if she feels the need to talk about me. I'm flattered"

Turning the spotlight back on them shuts the hatters down in a minute.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/06/2016 1:15 pm

On April 23, 2016 at 10:59 AM, kasyani said:

I always use sarcasm lol