Notifications
Clear all

I am nervous. (Eating disorder?)

MemberMember
(@retentivemark)

Posted : 04/12/2016 1:52 am

Hello everyone . I do not know if I'm the only one here, who soon are afraid to put -anything- in my mouth when i have to eat. I'm so indescribable anxiety for it to effectt my acne to go crazy, although I probably know that it is a silly thought. But it is there, hitting my mind like crazy. I can take a small piece of broccoli, and go crazy because I'm afraid of the pimples just jumping out of my skin.I have no problems with my insulin and i'm not insulin resistant,I have been taken so many blood tests and various examinations, and I could not be healthier ... Besides my acne. I'm eating a Low Carb, Low GI Diet with no gluten orlactose products, and I have not touched fruit or something similar to sugar in any forms for over a year. And of course i'm not drinking.

Someone who can recognize theanxiety?

Second month on Accutane - 40 mg.

Cheshire liked
MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 04/14/2016 7:13 pm

Oh yes my friend...I had that in college which is funny because those are the days when you need to EAT the most-school, work, homework, AND acne to take care of and like 0 days off. haha And NO ALCOHOL in college..sighhhhh I remember starving, a couple times I almost fainted..I was so skinny because I was living off veggies and green tea.It is normal, I felt the same way. Waking up the next day, touching your face to check if there are any new breakouts after a frozen yogurt, sounds familiar? At the end, it turned out to be useless. I mean... there are positive things I have learned..loving veggies, avoiding carbs and rarely drinking milk or even eating ice cream. BUT I wish I never was concerned about those things because I was still breaking out even worst a couple year later. SO...try to find ways to relax..

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@retentivemark)

Posted : 04/15/2016 12:57 am

I am trying my hardest to relax, but its a real challenge. I -never- thoughtthat malnutrition also affect acne, which makes sense when it affects the hormones. I practice every day to add more and more food on the plate.
How did you fight your Acne?

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 04/15/2016 10:48 am

15 hours ago, iCogito said:

Oh yes my friend...I had that in college which is funny because those are the days when you need to EAT the most-school, work, homework, AND acne to take care of and like 0 days off. haha And NO ALCOHOL in college..sighhhhh I remember starving, a couple times I almost fainted..I was so skinny because I was living off veggies and green tea.It is normal, I felt the same way. Waking up the next day, touching your face to check if there are any new breakouts after a frozen yogurt, sounds familiar? At the end, it turned out to be useless. I mean... there are positive things I have learned..loving veggies, avoiding carbs and rarely drinking milk or even eating ice cream. BUT I wish I never was concerned about those things because I was still breaking out even worst a couple year later. SO...try to find ways to relax..

Hi
So what were you eating that caused your acne ?

MemberMember
(@rachael1610)

Posted : 04/16/2016 1:09 pm

I can definitely empathise with anxiety - I don't have the same issues as you, but I can understandthe impact of anxiety and obsessive thinking.
I just wanted to say that diet has absolutely no influence on my skin, and I doubt I'm alone in this. I gave up milk for 3 months and it seemed my skin healed marginally. However, recently Istoppedlimiting foods and have consumed dairy regularly and my skin is very clear so it must have been something else that healed my skin. I'm not saying diet doesn't have an impact for some people, but it might not even effect your acne so it would be a shame to cut out all yummy food for no reason. I know it's not that easy. but good luck.

MemberMember
(@retentivemark)

Posted : 04/16/2016 1:31 pm

Thank you, very very much Rachael.

MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 04/16/2016 2:30 pm

I wonder if you have looked into OCD at all?
I know most people associate it with being clean all the time or switching lights on and off 100 times etc, but actually anxiety about having a bad reaction to food is a very common way that people experience OCD. Do you have any kind of 'thought ritual' that goes along with eating? It may be worth briefly looking into just in case.
I'd say if you feel anxiety over literally something like a piece of broccoli then it is worth discussing it with a doctor if possible.
Whatever the underlying issue is, it sounds like you're making a real effort to improve things so that's really great!

MemberMember
(@retentivemark)

Posted : 04/17/2016 12:47 am

Hi WittySock!
- It'swithout doubt my OCD (already diagnosed ) there is in control at the moment. I think damn it's a tough combo to handle. That being afraid to eat, being on Accutane and dealing with i have to gain weight at the same time is..overwhelming? I know for sure that if i put on a little weight, it will sure help my skin.. And body in general.

MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 04/17/2016 2:41 pm

Hi, and wow, yes, I can imagine that combo is pretty exhausting! I imagine you have been given (or found) techniques to help you through? Through CBT or something like that?
I guess from the outside looking at your situation, at the very least your doctors have considered both your body and mind to be healthy enough to go on accutane. And that's really no small thing!
Is there any way the community can help you through the forums? OCD is something that seems so strongly 'internal' to me that it's pretty much impossible to think of something to suggest in case it comes off as pressure rather than incentive or that kind of thing (also I just don't want to accidentally sound like a jackass lol), but if there is a way that we can support you, let us know!

MemberMember
(@retentivemark)

Posted : 04/18/2016 10:05 am

I am trying to keep in mind what i learned from the therapy, but when you feel the stress and panic flowing over you, it's almost impossible for me.
The most helpfull thing is knowing that i'm not alone in all this chaos, and its helping me alot turning thoughts in here.

WittySock liked
MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 04/19/2016 3:57 am

Plenty of people here to listen 🙂