Notifications
Clear all

ACNE I GIVE UP.

MemberMember
(@wizard17)

Posted : 10/16/2015 10:27 am

I hate acne of course like most of the people would usually feel. It causes me to have unexpected mood swings because of immediate breakouts :( I would clear up a bit but suddenly i'll have a bad breakout. Yesterday my skin was fine but today it feels itchy and i had 5 pimples on my face that suddenly appeared and when I splashed my face with water 3 of them popped on their own. ( I never picked at my skin even if i hate having zits).  I feel like my life is just full of sufferings and disappointments.  I cannot function well because acne has affected my life so much. The only thing that I do to keep my attention away from my face is to focus on my studies but recently this has been affected by my acne depression as well. I never reached the goals that I set in life that is why I feel like I have no purpose to live. I really want to feel optimistic about my situation because I know negative thoughts wont help me in any way. I never felt "blessed" in my life. I just sit here feeling like crap about how unlucky I'am while I see my friends have everything that I wish I could have too (clear skin, social life, girlfriend, academic achievements/accomplishments). Mark Twain said that there are 2 important days in your life the day you were born and the day you find out why. I guess I'm never gonna know why I was born because I have no purpose at all. I dont know what to say anymore. All I can feel is a mix of sad emotions. I can't even imagine myself thanking God so much because he has blessed me with the things I have. I wish I was never born I'm just a pain in the ass for the people around me. I must suck it up and prepare myself for greater pain and failure ahead of me.I dont deserve to be happy that is what life has taught me all these years. It's just so unfair.. 

MemberMember
(@madeupdreams)

Posted : 10/16/2015 11:14 am

Wow, this entire post honestly could have been written by me. I know exactly how you feel. It's so disappointing when you think your skin is clearing up and you actually feel a surge of hope and confidence, only to have it crushed by another breakout. I also know what it's like to lose your motivation to do well in school and in life because you feel like there's no point because you'll always be weighed down by acne. I've been feeling like that since my acne came back a few months ago (after a year of clear skin, which I never took for granted for a second), and it's been hard to pull myself out of that hole. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm 28, almost 29. I've had acne for 17 years now and it's possible that I'll have it for another ten or twenty years. I've decided that I can't go through my life letting acne hold me back. Don't get me wrong, this is an ongoing struggle and not something I've already succeeded at. Some days I wake up and say "fuck this, I'm going to have a great day even though my skin looks like hell. I won't let this control me" and the next day I can't even get out of bed because I'm crying about how gross and ugly I feel. But the important thing is that I'm trying. I'm forcing myself to leave my house and spend time with my friends even though all I want to do is hide.

It's really hard sometimes, but I hope you can find the strength to do the same thing. Don't let acne defeat you.You can PM me on here if you ever feel really hopeless and need to talk.

wizard17 liked
MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/16/2015 1:49 pm

I hate acne of course like most of the people would usually feel. It causes me to have unexpected mood swings because of immediate breakouts :( I would clear up a bit but suddenly i'll have a bad breakout. Yesterday my skin was fine but today it feels itchy and i had 5 pimples on my face that suddenly appeared and when I splashed my face with water 3 of them popped on their own. ( I never picked at my skin even if i hate having zits).  I feel like my life is just full of sufferings and disappointments.  I cannot function well because acne has affected my life so much. The only thing that I do to keep my attention away from my face is to focus on my studies but recently this has been affected by my acne depression as well. I never reached the goals that I set in life that is why I feel like I have no purpose to live. I really want to feel optimistic about my situation because I know negative thoughts wont help me in any way. I never felt "blessed" in my life. I just sit here feeling like crap about how unlucky I'am while I see my friends have everything that I wish I could have too (clear skin, social life, girlfriend, academic achievements/accomplishments). Mark Twain said that there are 2 important days in your life the day you were born and the day you find out why. I guess I'm never gonna know why I was born because I have no purpose at all. I dont know what to say anymore. All I can feel is a mix of sad emotions. I can't even imagine myself thanking God so much because he has blessed me with the things I have. I wish I was never born I'm just a pain in the ass for the people around me. I must suck it up and prepare myself for greater pain and failure ahead of me.I dont deserve to be happy that is what life has taught me all these years. It's just so unfair.. 

It's not you. It's them.

Wow, this entire post honestly could have been written by me. I know exactly how you feel. It's so disappointing when you think your skin is clearing up and you actually feel a surge of hope and confidence, only to have it crushed by another breakout. I also know what it's like to lose your motivation to do well in school and in life because you feel like there's no point because you'll always be weighed down by acne. I've been feeling like that since my acne came back a few months ago (after a year of clear skin, which I never took for granted for a second), and it's been hard to pull myself out of that hole. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm 28, almost 29. I've had acne for 17 years now and it's possible that I'll have it for another ten or twenty years. I've decided that I can't go through my life letting acne hold me back. Don't get me wrong, this is an ongoing struggle and not something I've already succeeded at. Some days I wake up and say "fuck this, I'm going to have a great day even though my skin looks like hell. I won't let this control me" and the next day I can't even get out of bed because I'm crying about how gross and ugly I feel. But the important thing is that I'm trying. I'm forcing myself to leave my house and spend time with my friends even though all I want to do is hide.

It's really hard sometimes, but I hope you can find the strength to do the same thing. Don't let acne defeat you.You can PM me on here if you ever feel really hopeless and need to talk. 

You are not ugly.

MemberMember
(@jamesf1427)

Posted : 12/19/2015 1:42 am

This is exactly how i feel