Notifications
Clear all

Scars are starting to Scar me

MemberMember
(@barelyfreemason)

Posted : 10/15/2015 7:12 pm

22 years old guy, started on here yesterday after using this site as a helpful tool.

I just don't really know what to do. Acne has finally gone, well most of it, and now I am left with scars. Mainly on my cheeks and temples that just destroy my confidence and self esteem. Every time I look in the mirror I cringe. They make me feel ugly, and like a leper in social situations.

I try everything I can to keep my self worth up, but so many times have I looked in the mirror and seen exactly what I did not want to see. Deep scarring and some discoloration. Hell at this point I could not care less about the discoloration. I just wish to remove these scars on my cheeks. Often I dream of having some kind of surgery or laser stuff done to remove them. But, so many times have I backed out because if I did these ultra expensive operations, and they didn't work, I would probably fall into a darker place than now and just give up on scar correction.

Lately, I have researched a lot on fillers and less invasive means to improving my scars. I just don't know what works or what doesn't. I see all these reviews and on them people will say, "Yeah it worked amazing and my scars are basically flat!" only to be followed by 2 comments that say, "This didn't work like I hoped" or some kind of horror story that totally puts me off. The last thing I want is more damage!

At this point I feel hopeless, confused, and frustrated. Along with many other adjectives. All I want is to be normal, not having to avoid cameras, or dark places that show my scars off even more. I don't want to be scared of looking someone in the eyes. I just want to be a normal guy that can make good with what I have and not be weighed down by this cursed acne scars. Even if I can already, in my mind they still hold me down. I feel for anyone with acne or scars especially those with severe cases like me. I pray all of you reach some kind of good conclusion to these stupid blights on humanity.

If you have any good tips or actual good knowledge on the success rate of lasers or fillers or anything that helps please let me know. I just need a little guidance and a little hope for the future.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/16/2015 7:02 am

22 years old guy, started on here yesterday after using this site as a helpful tool.

I just don't really know what to do. Acne has finally gone, well most of it, and now I am left with scars. Mainly on my cheeks and temples that just destroy my confidence and self esteem. Every time I look in the mirror I cringe. They make me feel ugly, and like a leper in social situations.

I try everything I can to keep my self worth up, but so many times have I looked in the mirror and seen exactly what I did not want to see. Deep scarring and some discoloration. Hell at this point I could not care less about the discoloration. I just wish to remove these scars on my cheeks. Often I dream of having some kind of surgery or laser stuff done to remove them. But, so many times have I backed out because if I did these ultra expensive operations, and they didn't work, I would probably fall into a darker place than now and just give up on scar correction.

Lately, I have researched a lot on fillers and less invasive means to improving my scars. I just don't know what works or what doesn't. I see all these reviews and on them people will say, "Yeah it worked amazing and my scars are basically flat!" only to be followed by 2 comments that say, "This didn't work like I hoped" or some kind of horror story that totally puts me off. The last thing I want is more damage!

At this point I feel hopeless, confused, and frustrated. Along with many other adjectives. All I want is to be normal, not having to avoid cameras, or dark places that show my scars off even more. I don't want to be scared of looking someone in the eyes. I just want to be a normal guy that can make good with what I have and not be weighed down by this cursed acne scars. Even if I can already, in my mind they still hold me down. I feel for anyone with acne or scars especially those with severe cases like me. I pray all of you reach some kind of good conclusion to these stupid blights on humanity.

If you have any good tips or actual good knowledge on the success rate of lasers or fillers or anything that helps please let me know. I just need a little guidance and a little hope for the future.

I very strongly recommend that one thing that you should do is change the thought that your are not normal. You ARE normal and equal to other people. Anyone who does not agree with that is some kind of psychopath.