Notifications
Clear all

Is It Possible To Find Love When You Have Acne/scars?

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 01/23/2018 6:39 am

I'm a 27 year old guy and have never even been on a single date. The only time women glance at me is when they're giving me the "what's wrong with your face" look.

I work out 3-4 times a week. I eat healthy, avoiding all gluten, dairy and refined sugars. I have pits and open pores all over my nose and cheeks, as well as red and dark marks all over them. I go to bed every night with my face drenched in vitamin e oil, hoping one day, the scars will start to show some signs of fading away.

I don't even know why I bother. Nobody likes me, I don't even have any friends, not one single friend.

MemberMember
(@xoxoem)

Posted : 02/19/2018 8:37 am

I think it is possible. When it comes down to it, its all about meeting the right person at the right time.

I somehow was able to clear my skin for about 2 years, thanks to many expensive esthetician appointments, but even with clear skin, I did not find love. Yes, it gave me more confidence, and I was able to go out without any shame or self-doubt, but I still met just as many douche bags as I do now with less than perfect skin. If anything, I think I attracted more superficial type guys, ya know, the ones that only care about appearance.

My first love, well, my only love, was with me when my skin was at its absolute worst. And he still loved me more than anything. The only problem was that I didn't love myself. And my acne and insecurities made me doubt his love - because how could someone love me and all my flaws, when I couldn't even look in the mirror?

I know everyone says this, but have to learn how to love yourself first, and find happiness within yourself.

Your skin doesn't define you. Everyone has flaws, some are just more visible than others. But like I said, when you are in the right place in your life, someone will come along who is right for you, whether you have acne or not.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/19/2018 9:27 am

On 23/01/2018 at 11:39 AM, Fraz_2010 said:

I'm a 27 year old guy and have never even been on a single date. The only time women glance at me is when they're giving me the "what's wrong with your face" look.

I work out 3-4 times a week. I eat healthy, avoiding all gluten, dairy and refined sugars. I have pits and open pores all over my nose and cheeks, as well as red and dark marks all over them. I go to bed every night with my face drenched in vitamin e oil, hoping one day, the scars will start to show some signs of fading away.

I don't even know why I bother. Nobody likes me, I don't even have any friends, not one single friend.

you got a friend in me pal! And you have a friend in all of us.

Me and my fiancee met in school at the age of 15, it was common to have acne, except her, her skin was always flawless and I plucked up the courage to ask her and she choose me.

Most people grew out of their acne but here's me at 23 with it worse than it ever was. But still we are getting married. Don't give up hope, and don't let your appearance define you as a person. Be cause everyone has their own personalities and their own things they are good at. Don't let anyone talk down on you because of acne, people like that don't deserve your time.

MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 02/22/2018 5:16 am

Yes, you can find love, don't believe anyone telling you that you can't. I had the prettiest girlfriend two years ago back when I had pretty bad acne and she loved me so much, she never even cared about my acne.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 02/24/2018 4:32 am

On 2016-03-04 at 1:33 AM, QuanHenry said:

The posts I hate reading the most on this site are the ones where people say they don't think people with acne should reproduce. Acne is one of the most common diseases in the world, and it affects everyone differently. Anybody who ever had acne could pass moderate to severe acne on to their children. It is entirely possible for "beautiful" adults to pass along a more severe case of acne than they had.

Like most diseases, early prevention is key. If I am ever fortunate enough to have children, I will be able to pass on the knowledge of the trial and error I have been through, not just acne prone skin. I was at a disadvantage because my parents are such ignorant people. When I first got acne, my father would yell "It happens to everybody, and it goes away. Get over it!" Everybody should take their children to a dermatologist at the first sign of acne.

I always wanted to set up an online dating site for people with skin diseases.

You know those people are probably ones who can't find love themselves and do know that they won't reproduce, now they are trying to find a reason for others with acne to not reproduce so they don't feel worse.

Trust me, love is not about acne at all, there are soooooo many people with acne that found love, and that will find love, just with a little confidence. having acne might be a little harder than having scars, but both people with acne and scars find love without very much trouble. If you can not get a partner because of you bad skin, well then there is something else wrong with you, it is not your skin.

On 2016-03-04 at 1:33 AM, QuanHenry said:

The posts I hate reading the most on this site are the ones where people say they don't think people with acne should reproduce. Acne is one of the most common diseases in the world, and it affects everyone differently. Anybody who ever had acne could pass moderate to severe acne on to their children. It is entirely possible for "beautiful" adults to pass along a more severe case of acne than they had.

Like most diseases, early prevention is key. If I am ever fortunate enough to have children, I will be able to pass on the knowledge of the trial and error I have been through, not just acne prone skin. I was at a disadvantage because my parents are such ignorant people. When I first got acne, my father would yell "It happens to everybody, and it goes away. Get over it!" Everybody should take their children to a dermatologist at the first sign of acne.

I always wanted to set up an online dating site for people with skin diseases.

You know those people are probably ones who can't find love themselves and do know that they won't reproduce, now they are trying to find a reason for others with acne to not reproduce so they don't feel worse.

Trust me, love is not about acne, there are soooooo many people with acne that i know and that i see on the streets that have a partner. Having acne might be a little harder than having scars, but both people with acne and scars find love without very much trouble. If you can not get a partner because of you bad skin, well then there is something else wrong with you.

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 02/25/2018 12:30 am

19 hours ago, Duperele said:

Trust me, love is not about acne, there are soooooo many people with acne that i know and that i see on the streets that have a partner. Having acne might be a little harder than having scars, but both people with acne and scars find love without very much trouble. If you can not get a partner because of you bad skin, well then there is something else wrong with you.

I call BS on this. I've been discriminated against most of my adolescence because of my skin and have been out right told that or in some subtle way and I do not have some weird personality or anything. It was strictly due to my appearance. Also I really doubt anyone is going to see a girl dating a guy with severe disfiguring acne or scarring. Give me a break.

I call BS on the above post. I've been discriminated against most of my adolescence because of my skin and have been out right told that or in some subtle way and I do not have some weird personality or anything. It was strictly due to my appearance. Also I really doubt anyone is going to see a girl dating a guy with severe disfiguring acne or scarring. Give me a break.

MemberMember
(@runawayspaceship)

Posted : 02/25/2018 2:17 am

1 hour ago, Koloz said:

I call BS on the above post. I've been discriminated against most of my adolescence because of my skin and have been out right told that or in some subtle way and I do not have some weird personality or anything. It was strictly due to my appearance. Also I really doubt anyone is going to see a girl dating a guy with severe disfiguring acne or scarring. Give me a break.

Prob because you are exceedingly young , naive, or both. Unless you are brad Pitt who has problems of his own, you need self confidence and marketable traits. Let's see a guy who is a professional is going to get plenty of cute girls even with bad acne scars. Trust me on that one.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 02/25/2018 4:09 am

4 hours ago, Koloz said:

I have seen many people with bad looks finding good partners, many of them had bad acne scars. If you have confidence and great personality you will always find a partner. But they you won't if you don't have anything else to give . Really handsome people will have trouble finding a good partner if they are boring and untalented, or if they just lack in confidence or are shy. Im not calling anyone "boring and untalented". There are many reasons for one not to find a partner, like isolation, bad upbringing by the parents, social anxiety, lack of confidence, shyness, bullying and hundreds of more. But is is not solely about looks.

I have bad acne scarring and i have had bad acne, but i still managed to find a loving girl who loves me for who I am. She told me herself that my skin is "quite bad". But she does not care, because apparently my other sides heavily outweigh the fact i have facial scars and acne.I meet her when my acne was at it worst it have ever been, now it has subsided alot but there are scars left.

According to you the world is a cruel place where it's all about appearance, and it is not how it is, trust me. There are so much more important things than having a clear face. Go out there and have some confidence, smell good and be attractive in other ways. Not mentioning that it is so much more important for a man to be intelligent funny and stable than have great looks. Don't you sometimes see really ugly guys with pretty ladies, and wonder "how the hell". Like the dude in breaking bad (the short fat bald one) who has a nice wife. They get those girls because they are funny talented and have a great personality (in some cases they have money).

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 02/25/2018 4:48 am

I am really sorry for how you feel, and i know myself that having acne is horrible, but sitting there blaming acne for your misfortune is not a good way to fix this, why not go out and try to live you life why you still can? what can happen? you will get rejected? well you have nothing to loose.

I do not know how severe your scarring is.

MemberMember
(@leperednome2)

Posted : 02/25/2018 10:05 am

Love? I cant even make friends, everyone thinks im a meth addict. Ive never met anyone in my life with acne scarring as worse as mine and i hope i never do.