Notifications
Clear all

Bacne Has Ruined Me (Long Post)

MemberMember
(@ruinedforever657)

Posted : 06/25/2015 8:19 pm

im 17 years old. When I was a freshman in high school, I broke out with horrendous cystic bacne. My shirts would be stained with blood. I went through accuttane but my scars are terrible.

I don't know what to do.

I feel normal until i take my shirt off in the bathroom mirror. So many bumps and ruined skin all over my chest and back. I feel like I didn't deserve to have this happen to me..

I live in a town where everybody swims. I'm always invited, but I can't go. Nobody knows I have these scars. I feel like I would be judged and even outcasted by a lot of people if they saw what my back looks like. I find myself avoiding situations that may have to require me to take my shirt off. I hate living like this.

I had laser treatment on my back in an effort to help the scars. Didn't do much. There goes $2000 down the drain, as well as all my hope at ever being normal again. I just wanna swim with my friends. I can't help but tear up as I write this.

I just don't know what to do. I dread the day I have to take my shirt off and everybody is just disgusted at the sight of me. I've broken out on my chest recently also. Bacne has ruined me.

post-475783-0-06766600-1435281545_thumb.

post-475783-0-05192600-1435281556_thumb.

254fgjjk liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2015 11:09 pm

Hey youre not alone. I know how terrible having acne and scars can be but if youre around people who love they wont outcast you for it. I think you should give it a shot. Swimming and having fun with your friends might help you get your mind off of it opposed to staying at home dwelling on the situation. I also think that people are too worried about their own insecurities to notice anyone elses. I hope things get better

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 06/26/2015 6:43 pm

First off, I'm a woman whose boyfriend has severe chest and back scarring as well and I don't even notice it. I'm serious. It's just part of his skin to me, nothing more. I looked at your pics and I would feel the same about yours. I totally get that it bothers you, but trust me, you see it worse than I do. Hopefully the female perspective helps.