Notifications
Clear all

If You're Reading This...you Are An Amazing Person

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 05/14/2015 9:50 pm

I just wanted to reach out to anyone who is suffering emotionally /physically right now because of acne and scars. If you're reading this and are mentally drained and need a big hug... (I know i do) this is a virtual **hug**. I've met some truly amazing people on here...i would say definitely some of the strongest, inspiring people I have ever met.. patient, determined and hopeful. I just got home myself from a consult with a doctor today to discuss lasers... and cried on the drive back..not so much because it was bad but just because I am so exhausted. I haven't shared this side of my life (constitutes a pretty big portion of my time for the last few years) with anyone except people on here because I feel you are the ones who understand.

Maybe some people do suffer from body dysmorphic disorder (bdd) but some don't...i think it's good to pause and consider your situation but personally I want to tell you that if you aren't seeking perfection and just want improvements, I believe in you and I think it's possible. You know your face, your body. Especially if your face went from smooth to getting scarred over time, it's reasonable to be upset and want to make aesthetic improvements.

Sometimes i tell myself to keep things in perspective, that there are worse things in the world. But i wouldn't downplay anybody else's skin troubles, why my own? I can admit now that scars and acne feel very traumatizing. Maybe it's not the end of the world, but its hard to enjoy life when you're feeling wounded and literally look wounded. So if improvements are what you're after, then please don't give up. I truly believe you can achieve what you want in life. It may not happen overnight but maybe in steps...especially things like scars. If you're happy with scars, then even better, but if you're not, just don't let any doctor or person make you feel silly for wanting to seek improvements just because they don't see it necessary. Your face...your choice. Having said all that, I hope that what propels you forward each day is the reminder that you still are the same amazing person you've always been. Nothing has changed. Some day you'll be at a place where you feel more comfortable and at peace with your skin, if that's what you want. For now, please remember you are an amazing person just like everybody else, and everything is going to be ok. You'll see.

Meg M, bricas, Dreamer44 and 9 people liked
MemberMember
(@acneruinsme)

Posted : 05/15/2015 6:18 am

Thats really nice.

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 05/16/2015 9:23 am

I love this! Thanks for the encouragement. I know I have personally had to remember not to beat myself up for feeling anxious and upset with acne. Of course I feel anxious and upset, who wouldn't! Invalidating ourselves about it just makes us more depressed. We have a skin condition that may or may not go away and it is so important that we learn to love ourselves above everything else while we seek treatment

MemberMember
(@loverofallthingslovely)

Posted : 05/17/2015 4:47 pm

This was lovely to read. And it most definitely is true! Those who say you must live with these scars don't understand what it's like to truly want something and work towards it. we might never be perfect but we sure can be beautiful, especially since this experience has helped us understand and appreciate so much more.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/17/2015 5:40 pm

I want to say, especially to the girls, that I, as a heterosexual guy, don't mind acne (scars) on a girls skin. The problem might be bigger in your head than in reality.

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 05/20/2015 6:27 pm

I love this! Thanks for the encouragement. I know I have personally had to remember not to beat myself up for feeling anxious and upset with acne. Of course I feel anxious and upset, who wouldn't! Invalidating ourselves about it just makes us more depressed. We have a skin condition that may or may not go away and it is so important that we learn to love ourselves above everything else while we seek treatment

Jensweetone, thank you for your reply :) I am so happy it resonated with you. I understand, I beat myself up a lot and that is probably worse than what any acne or scars have done to me. If we look at it as a medical condition that can be treated, I think that helps. What I do with every difficult situation in my life, even if it's been said to be IMPOSSIBLE to treat, is to to kind of say "ok"! In an amused way. But then the trick is to keep taking action and researching. I take breaks to keep me from getting exhausted, but it turns out even doctors don't know everything. They have various motives for not treating you. Not everybody is always behaving your best self interest. The more I do consults the more I learn..and the closer I get to what CAN help. And that's worked for me.

This was lovely to read. And it most definitely is true! Those who say you must live with these scars don't understand what it's like to truly want something and work towards it. we might never be perfect but we sure can be beautiful, especially since this experience has helped us understand and appreciate so much more.

I love your screen name, it truly is lovely and so was your reply...thank you! I agree...the hard times have been HARD but slowly I'm starring to see that none of it was in vain. Now that I'm seeing improvements, it's like I've been given a second chance at life. I feel like a stronger person for getting through all that depression, and now value something simple such as not having to think as much about my skin all the time. It feels surreal. The good news is life changes all the time, so bad situations can I always change to good ones, I believe :)

I want to say, especially to the girls, that I, as a heterosexual guy, don't mind acne (scars) on a girls skin. The problem might be bigger in your head than in reality.

Thank you Alexander:) you bring up a very important point. I never gave up hope of improving things, but at the same time I learned that life doesn't need to stop while I'm making improvements. I don't have to wait for things to be perfect in order to live. I noticed guys don't really notice your flaws when you are too busy feeling good about yourself in other ways.

Thats really nice.

Thank you acneruinsme ™¡™¡ I'm happy it struck a chord with you ™¡

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 05/25/2015 2:39 am

I just wanted to reach out to anyone who is suffering emotionally /physically right now because of acne and scars. If you're reading this and are mentally drained and need a big hug... (I know i do) this is a virtual **hug**. I've met some truly amazing people on here...i would say definitely some of the strongest, inspiring people I have ever met.. patient, determined and hopeful. I just got home myself from a consult with a doctor today to discuss lasers... and cried on the drive back..not so much because it was bad but just because I am so exhausted. I haven't shared this side of my life (constitutes a pretty big portion of my time for the last few years) with anyone except people on here because I feel you are the ones who understand.

Maybe some people do suffer from body dysmorphic disorder (bdd) but some don't...i think it's good to pause and consider your situation but personally I want to tell you that if you aren't seeking perfection and just want improvements, I believe in you and I think it's possible. You know your face, your body. Especially if your face went from smooth to getting scarred over time, it's reasonable to be upset and want to make aesthetic improvements.

Sometimes i tell myself to keep things in perspective, that there are worse things in the world. But i wouldn't downplay anybody else's skin troubles, why my own? I can admit now that scars and acne feel very traumatizing. Maybe it's not the end of the world, but its hard to enjoy life when you're feeling wounded and literally look wounded. So if improvements are what you're after, then please don't give up. I truly believe you can achieve what you want in life. It may not happen overnight but maybe in steps...especially things like scars. If you're happy with scars, then even better, but if you're not, just don't let any doctor or person make you feel silly for wanting to seek improvements just because they don't see it necessary. Your face...your choice. Having said all that, I hope that what propels you forward each day is the reminder that you still are the same amazing person you've always been. Nothing has changed. Some day you'll be at a place where you feel more comfortable and at peace with your skin, if that's what you want. For now, please remember you are an amazing person just like everybody else, and everything is going to be ok. You'll see.

Thank you.

Its people like you who I would love to meet in person. The person I would love to come home to every night...

I could have the shittest day of my life-from nothing going my way at work to a bad skin day. Your words at the end of it all would make it all fade away like dust in the wind.

I am still here. The same guy as then, but humble, more understanding-I am better than the guy I use to be and I am proud of that. Thank you again.

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 05/29/2015 1:27 am

K3tchup,

You are welcome and thank you so much for your comment. I'm feeling really sad today...so your reply especially meant a lot. I appreciate it very much...

MemberMember
(@vinhchoet)

Posted : 06/02/2015 4:20 am

snowflake: I'm feeling better after reading your post. I used to be an active girl before acne came. Acne built a barrier beween me- in the past and me- right now. All members of my family exp me do have good skin. Fighting with acne for 5 years, i amolst had a clear skin ( Not good, have scars but less acne). Unfortunately, moving far away from home, living in different environment made my acne come back. I felt very stress these days because of 5 big cystic acne with no heads appear on my cheeks. Reading your post make me more confident about myseft. i saw you in some topics that I attend and I would love to be a friend with you :D

MemberMember
(@nicoblossom)

Posted : 06/12/2015 12:35 pm

Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 06/14/2015 5:45 pm

nicoblossom, you are so welcome :) I love your pic by the way, so pretty <3

Vinhchoet, thank you for your message, it made me very happy! :) I meant everything I wrote...I don't offer hope to anyone unless I really believe in what I'm saying.. and since I've had to be that light for myself and I'm still here today, I believe in every word I wrote :) I can really relate to what you wrote about the lingering scars and cystic acne spots...those are so difficult to deal with physically and emotionally! I'm very grateful you reached out and for our friendship :) Keep in touch, I hope that things get better and better!

MemberMember
(@vinhchoet)

Posted : 06/15/2015 4:45 am

Hi snow,Being busy with my work, i can't visit forum for a while. i'm so happy that you became my friend :) I'm suffering the worst acne ever because of stress. many big cystic acne appeared. I cried a lot like " what happen to my face; how my face can be this bad???" But I don't want to go to dermatologist cuz I don't want to take accutance. I used to use accutance but my acne still came back :( What should I do now? :((

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 06/21/2015 9:07 pm

HI Vinhchoet,

I am glad to hear from you :) I am so sorry to hear you're suffering from cystic acne again. I hate when that happens. Did you already try making a post here? I haven't dealt with Accutane so maybe others who have would have a better suggestion that helped them replace the Accutane. Also, have you tried switching dermatologists to someone new who might have other suggestions? It's hard, I know :( Let me know

MemberMember
(@i-mad)

Posted : 08/19/2015 2:26 am

I've been depressed nearly everysingle day from seave acne scars, so drained ive had pretty girls want to date me but i am so very servely depressed/ sucdial and seening not point in livin

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 08/24/2015 3:53 pm

I've been depressed nearly everysingle day from seave acne scars, so drained ive had pretty girls want to date me but i am so very servely depressed/ sucdial and seening not point in livin

When you said that you feel "so drained," I can really relate. I understand what you mean about feeling severely depressed. I am glad you are reaching out on here. Have you had any treatments on your scars? Did you create any posts here? People here can help, have been through it all so there has to be some procedures that will gives you the improvement you deserve.

That's great that the pretty girls wanted to date you, they sound like they're pretty both on the inside and outside and are drawn to you and you never know where it may go if you explore one of those relationships. Easier said than done though, I too couldn't look a guy in the face and am just taking my time with treatments now until I feel more comfortable. Stay strong and please don't give up.