Notifications
Clear all

Do People Ever Take Off Their Prescription Eyeglasses While Talking To You?

MemberMember
(@254fgjjk)

Posted : 05/13/2015 3:03 pm

It seems that this happens to me all the time; it never fails, and it makes my mind go crazy while interacting with them. I can never focus on the conversation. People want to blur their vision when interacting with me. I hate it. I don't want to be an eyesore.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/19/2015 9:05 am

Hmm-I think a lot of people are near-sighted, and as such they don't need glasses when they are talking to someone close to them. Maybe that's the issue? Just a thought.

MemberMember
(@254fgjjk)

Posted : 05/19/2015 7:17 pm

I hope that's the reason.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 05/20/2015 8:39 am

I hate talking to people with glasses, I feel you.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/20/2015 11:22 am

Well - I was curious, because now that I think of it - I have a few friends and acquaintances who do take off their glasses when they are talking to me in a close proximity. I guess I never really thought about it quite the way you did. I asked a friend just last night at dinner who wears glasses, and he said that he is self-conscious of his glasses when he speaks face to face with people because they tend to look at his glasses instead of directly into his eyes. It makes him uncomfortable, so he takes them off.

So there you have it!

254fgjjk liked
MemberMember
(@254fgjjk)

Posted : 05/20/2015 4:08 pm

That's pretty interesting. Will this one person survey be enough to remove my thoughts about glasses? Probably not but I really do appreciate the feedback, and I will mix this response into my thought process when I come across another eyeglass remover. I just wish I had the courage to ask why they remove their glasses when it happens, but I understand that it probably would be very awkward if I did. "Ahhh!" I hate having this on my skin.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/20/2015 4:17 pm

Yes- the sample size is admittedly small, but I don't have the NHS funding to undertake a properly powered study. Nevertheless, I see your point. Just remember, your one-person interpretation might be wrong as well! Keep in mind, good ole' confirmation bias goes both ways.

254fgjjk liked