Notifications
Clear all

Trying To Find Peace

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 09/25/2014 9:48 am

These past few months have been so difficult for me emotionally. All kinds of feelings from anger at myself, confusion, why me, what can I do better, needing to be more positive but I cant, being anti social. Its my 3rd month on Accutane...I thought this drug was going to be my God sent to my strange breakout that I got several months ago...but im just covered in red marks, scars, and more cystic and whitehead acne everyday...wtf is wrong with me...im a grown woman to have severe acne like this and allow it to destroy my whole entire life. Sometimes I think ill never be able to be that confident sexy woman again that walked into a room and turned heads, what kind of boyfriend will I get now...some old ass man probably...I know I have to stop thinking negatively but honestly acne has changed me so much. it just kills me inside...and now even my hair is falling out. I just feel ruined.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/25/2014 12:12 pm

These past few months have been so difficult for me emotionally. All kinds of feelings from anger at myself, confusion, why me, what can I do better, needing to be more positive but I cant, being anti social. Its my 3rd month on Accutane...I thought this drug was going to be my God sent to my strange breakout that I got several months ago...but im just covered in red marks, scars, and more cystic and whitehead acne everyday...wtf is wrong with me...im a grown woman to have severe acne like this and allow it to destroy my whole entire life. Sometimes I think ill never be able to be that confident sexy woman again that walked into a room and turned heads, what kind of boyfriend will I get now...some old ass man probably...I know I have to stop thinking negatively but honestly acne has changed me so much. it just kills me inside...and now even my hair is falling out. I just feel ruined.

I am a guy and I want to say that you are not ruined 🙂

You are not your skin and you are not your hair 😉

MemberMember
(@vinod)

Posted : 09/25/2014 2:19 pm

accutaane is good. i used but it is having side effects and that is temprorary.my suggestion is do work outs or play the game..it results sweat ...due to sweat your pores will clear.if it is possible take safi syrup..after accutane treatment

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 09/25/2014 7:32 pm

Hair loss-- I'm so sorry. I'm sure you're following all the instructions, but I googled and found this.

http://www.wikihow.com/Prevent-Hair-Loss-While-on-Accutane

I wear wigs for fun- there is zero shame in it. And it hides cheeks/forehead, when needed. PM if you needs tips where to buy.

Please do all you can to be calm, happy, distracted and confident in all other aspects of your life.

Someone I thought was superficial said to me recently, "Everyone's hot, so what?" And it floored me. Would I buy a house that was beautiful on the outside knowing it was falling apart beyond repair on the inside? NO!!! There are other way more important assets than physical beauty to have, and that always fades anyway

Liz Taylor, Sophia Loren, Brigit Bardot, Mamie Van Doren- all the makeup, surgery, money and love in the world can't keep you beautiful. You're doing what you can. Sometimes the best thing to do is find a way- be it a relaxing out of town vacation, a break from your acne routine and supplements (except your rx meds,) or a project, cause, or hobby you can invest all that emotional energy and time into (also will keep your face out of the mirror and your hands off it.)

Don't neglect your body and the person you want to be for your skin. Health and well-being will improve your skin. You are doing what you can.