Notifications
Clear all

Confidence In The Midst Of Acne

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/17/2013 1:20 am

This post might not stay on the first page long because of the overwhelming amount threads pertaining to this very subject. Albiet, everyone has their own story, but this article from yahoo today should speak to everyone here.

A Better Way to Think About Confidence

According to Dr. Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, a professor of business psychology at University College London and author of the outstanding book "Confidence: Overcoming Low Self-Esteem, Insecurity, and Doubt," there is another way to look at supposedly confidence-building self-talk:

For example, if you are feeling worthless and try to suppress those feelings, you will never be able to do what it takes to improve. If, on the other hand, you come to terms with your negative self-views and accept the fact that you are not as good as you would like to be and, especially, that you are unhappy with yourself, you will be able to focus on what you need to do to improve.

Dissatisfaction is the mother of change, and only change can drive improvement.

The choice between the two options is a no-brainer. Deliberate attempts to increase your confidence are bound to result in failure and demoralize you, whereas attempts to improve your performance can result in not just competence gains but also a genuine boost to your confidence. The answer to the question, "What should I do about my low confidence?" can hardly be simpler:

Embrace it.

The rest of the article can be found here:

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/the-best-way-to-be-more-confident-195327504.html

Personally, I feel this person is right. Its generalized and unspecific, but none the less true-a self fuliflling prophecy for most of us.

Also easier said then done "embrace it" is a hard pill to swallow especially for this community, me included. But i have ever so slowly, but its apart of healing and rebuilding yourself by embracing this and to work on it.

Best of luck.We all should come here in support of each other and to learn from one another while keeping this topic in mind.

MemberMember
(@beautyandblemishes)

Posted : 02/27/2014 6:57 am

Great post!