Notifications
Clear all

The Realities Of Acne

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/09/2013 11:55 pm

Im fairly positive that most of you guys just didnt have the level of acne i did. Anyone who has would know exactly were im coming from & im sure would agree with most of what ive said.

So my acne isnt as bad anymore so what? To me that changes nothing, im still treated just about the same lol jezz man its only gone from horrid to bad, that is not worth much imo..

To me being positive about a negative thing just means you would rather not face the truth about it. Instead that person would rather hide behind the dilution of a positive thought

Im sorry guys but in my mind i find such an act weak. Why not just face reality? I may be unhappy but thats only becuase Its the logical result of what i have lived through.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/10/2013 12:16 am

No one's saying you're responsible for other people being rude and ignorant etc - that's their problem. So you can leave it at that - being their problem - and get on with your life.

But it's your choice to then have a 'screw all of society for being idiots' attitude and being negative about everything (that's just how I feel you're coming across - sorry if I have it wrong) instead of just realising that only a few people have been like that and that there are still decent, kind people out there and that yes, you can still enjoy life etc.

And it's my choice to try and be positive and to still enjoy life - because I can still do that. It's still an option. Acne / bad skin doesn't change that! The fact that I have had bad acne in the past, and that I'm still dealing with it now (it's more light now) as well as with a lot of PIH, does not change the fact I can still enjoy life. Why would I want to waste the rest of my life feeling miserable when I've already wasted enough of it due to me holding myself back because of acne?? Yes, you will encounter idiots who judge you on your skin or will say something stupid - but that's rare really. And who needs people like that. If you meet someone like that, ignore them, move on. They're not worth your time.

It's not an 'act.' I'm not being delusional. It's all to do with a persons attitude and willpower I think. But I guess it's easier said than done for some people.

I don't know... I just don't get why you seem so closed to the idea or possibility of still having a good time and enjoying life. Isn't it worth trying?

Also just out of curiousity - a few posts ago you said this:

tell me how is someone gonna forget about it when its mentioned by almost everyone that sees you? i want to live normaly but society wont let me. Im treated as a joke, people can go fuk themselves

on an average day when you go out - how many people actually stop and comment to you about your skin? I find it really hard to believe that nearly everyone that sees you will mention your skin - no matter it's condition. My skin is worse than how yours is in the pics and I don't have people stopping me. Have I just been lucky in recent years? I have had someone say things in the past (when my skin was worse than it is now) but that was one person years ago. So one person, in 8 or so years of acne, saying something to me...

You don't need to forget about acne / your skin. I think that's near impossible. But you just need to worry about it less or change your perspective on life or society (whatever) a bit. Society doesn't care how you live. I don't think people are treating you like a joke. It's up to you to make life what you want it to be for you. It really is.

MemberMember
(@aiko1992)

Posted : 09/10/2013 2:01 pm

No one's saying you're responsible for other people being rude and ignorant etc - that's their problem. So you can leave it at that - being their problem - and get on with your life.

But it's your choice to then have a 'screw all of society for being idiots' attitude and being negative about everything (that's just how I feel you're coming across - sorry if I have it wrong) instead of just realising that only a few people have been like that and that there are still decent, kind people out there and that yes, you can still enjoy life etc.

And it's my choice to try and be positive and to still enjoy life - because I can still do that. It's still an option. Acne / bad skin doesn't change that! The fact that I have had bad acne in the past, and that I'm still dealing with it now (it's more light now) as well as with a lot of PIH, does not change the fact I can still enjoy life. Why would I want to waste the rest of my life feeling miserable when I've already wasted enough of it due to me holding myself back because of acne?? Yes, you will encounter idiots who judge you on your skin or will say something stupid - but that's rare really. And who needs people like that. If you meet someone like that, ignore them, move on. They're not worth your time.

It's not an 'act.' I'm not being delusional. It's all to do with a persons attitude and willpower I think. But I guess it's easier said than done for some people.

I don't know... I just don't get why you seem so closed to the idea or possibility of still having a good time and enjoying life. Isn't it worth trying?

tell me how is someone gonna forget about it when its mentioned by almost everyone that sees you? i want to live normaly but society wont let me. Im treated as a joke, people can go fuk themselves

on an average day when you go out - how many people actually stop and comment to you about your skin? I find it really hard to believe that nearly everyone that sees you will mention your skin - no matter it's condition. My skin is worse than how yours is in the pics and I don't have people stopping me. Have I just been lucky in recent years? I have had someone say things in the past (when my skin was worse than it is now) but that was one person years ago. So one person, in 8 or so years of acne, saying something to me...

You don't need to forget about acne / your skin. I think that's near impossible. But you just need to worry about it less or change your perspective on life or society (whatever) a bit. Society doesn't care how you live. I don't think people are treating you like a joke. It's up to you to make life what you want it to be for you. It really is.

Well said!!! i think just the way you think. Life is too short, so we have to live it to the fullest.

Im fairly positive that most of you guys just didnt have the level of acne i did. Anyone who has would know exactly were im coming from & im sure would agree with most of what ive said.

So my acne isnt as bad anymore so what? To me that changes nothing, im still treated just about the same lol jezz man its only gone from horrid to bad, that is not worth much imo..

To me being positive about a negative thing just means you would rather not face the truth about it. Instead that person would rather hide behind the dilution of a positive thought

Im sorry guys but in my mind i find such an act weak. Why not just face reality? I may be unhappy but thats only becuase Its the logical result of what i have lived through.

It doesnt matter if any of us here in this forum, has mild acne and not severe like yours we still have acne and we still have to cope with it. Now you are the one who is feeling miserable and not enjoying life. Just like another user said before here, how many people in the streets, stop you and say something negative towards your skin?

My father is ALWAYS making nasty remarks about my skin how do you think i feel? he is my father, he is supposed to support me but no, he laughs at me and makes bad comments because of my skin, yes sometimes i feel down but at the end of the day i want to live my life like others, just to be happy and enjoy everything that surrounds me life is not about staying in your house feeling sorry for you. You have to do something or you know what is going to happen? You are going to be unhappy till the day you die, but everyone in this world, will move on, will get marry, have children, have a job, a career but you are going to be the only one who is going to loose all the good moments of this life.

I havent seen your recent pics if you have any about your current skin condition but i gotta say that i might have more acne than yours.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 09/10/2013 2:42 pm

Im sorry guys but in my mind i find such an act weak.

Being positive doesn't mean not accepting the truth.

That's not being positive at all. That's called lying to oneself.

Being positive means accepting the truth or what cannot be undone while doing your best to see the good in everything.

I see you know reality, but that does't mean you have to blind yourself from the positivity.

There are always two sides.

Light and darkness.

Happy and sad.

Bad and good.

You see the bad, but do you see the good? Now i call that a pessimist.

For me, the people who have gone through a lot and still see life as an opportunity to be happy are the strong people.

They are the ones who faced mountains but didnt give up. They didnt whine about it. Instead, they try their best to fight. To seek happiness.

You see what i mean?

So i completely disagree to what you said that positive people are weak. Your definition of a positive person is quite off.

You also say that you are positive that people here dont know how bad your skin was.

But do you know how bad OUR skin is?

I have a dogbite scar on my face. I have rolling scars, boxscar scars, large pores, HYPERTROPHIC scars on my nose as well as icepicks on my nose, I also have icespick scars on my cheeks.

You say you had bad acne, but usually REALLY BAD ACNE LEAVES SCARS, because they are very deep. I saw your pictures, and you barely had any scars like wth.

DUDE im 16! and my nose looks much more disfigured because it has a combination of hypertrophic scars AND atrophic scars. IMAGINE that. Did i mention i have really big cysts on my nose?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/11/2013 1:02 am

Took a look at OP's pictures and could not believe how much better his skin was as compared to mine and then proceeded to completely not comprehend the crap that I just read. I can empathise, sure, there are days when I think my acne is way worse than it really is when nobody around me cares, or even notices sometimes until I point out a pimple I'm obsessed over. But I sure as hell have no sympathy for this kind of bs attitude. If you wanna mope and hate yourself, by all means be my guest, but don't go trying to drag everyone along with you just because misery loves company. I completely agree with one of the posts above - ugly thoughts make ugly people. You're the reason for your own God damn unhappiness, stop holding other people responsible. You clearly haven't tried and it's nobody's fault but your own because you're too busy feeling sorry for yourself instead of making a conscious effort to change it. I'm not sorry that this is coming off as rude because OP is just plain offensive and I can't stand it.

As i said from the start of this thread, my goal is to to give people a reality check on what having acne is like. What i cant stand is all the positive bs people keep spitting out, I feel its its a complete denial of whats really going on.

How was i responsible for every insult iv ever gotten? How was i responsible for 8 years of people giving me hell for something i didnt control?

I am not the problem! Peoples ignorance is, their lack of sympathy & understanding is! Dont even try to pin this on me i never asked for any of this god dame bs!

Those pics are recent & not very good quality my skin was horrible for years...

Pretty sure that the only one who needs a reality check is you. You're not held responsible for every insult you receive but you're held responsible for how you react. I don't care that you gave up. I don't care that you're all sad and bitter and miserable boo hoo. You can't even admit that all of this is your own fault because you're a weak-minded individual.

You need to go fix yourself before you start parading your stupid ideas in this forum.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/11/2013 4:41 am

I understand you completely and I sympathize 100% with your personal situation. However, I am wondering what you are trying to achieve here. Do you want a solution for your problems?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/11/2013 8:13 am

Took a look at OP's pictures and could not believe how much better his skin was as compared to mine and then proceeded to completely not comprehend the crap that I just read. I can empathise, sure, there are days when I think my acne is way worse than it really is when nobody around me cares, or even notices sometimes until I point out a pimple I'm obsessed over. But I sure as hell have no sympathy for this kind of bs attitude. If you wanna mope and hate yourself, by all means be my guest, but don't go trying to drag everyone along with you just because misery loves company. I completely agree with one of the posts above - ugly thoughts make ugly people. You're the reason for your own God damn unhappiness, stop holding other people responsible. You clearly haven't tried and it's nobody's fault but your own because you're too busy feeling sorry for yourself instead of making a conscious effort to change it. I'm not sorry that this is coming off as rude because OP is just plain offensive and I can't stand it.

As i said from the start of this thread, my goal is to to give people a reality check on what having acne is like. What i cant stand is all the positive bs people keep spitting out, I feel its its a complete denial of whats really going on.

How was i responsible for every insult iv ever gotten? How was i responsible for 8 years of people giving me hell for something i didnt control?

I am not the problem! Peoples ignorance is, their lack of sympathy & understanding is! Dont even try to pin this on me i never asked for any of this god dame bs!

Those pics are recent & not very good quality my skin was horrible for years...

Pretty sure that the only one who needs a reality check is you. You're not held responsible for every insult you receive but you're held responsible for how you react. I don't care that you gave up. I don't care that you're all sad and bitter and miserable boo hoo. You can't even admit that all of this is your own fault because you're a weak-minded individual.

You need to go fix yourself before you start parading your stupid ideas in this forum.

Perfect.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/11/2013 8:31 am

What if living is hanging out with other people? People were not really interested in me until last Saturday. I am absolutely not joking. You know how old I am. It took me years, I spend a lot of money, joined a lot of clubs and seeking professional help until I met a small group of people who were able to lift me out of my depression and relieve me of my social problems that has affected my career. I am on average 5 years behind everyone else in my age group and I probably have to pay money for my problems.

But I am not going to leave it at that. I am going to strike back. I am going to strike back fiercely. Not through violence, but through convincing people that things have to go different in this world.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/11/2013 3:56 pm

As i said from the start of this thread, my goal is to to give people a reality check on what having acne is like. What i cant stand is all the positive bs people keep spitting out, I feel its its a complete denial of whats really going on.How was i responsible for every insult iv ever gotten? How was i responsible for 8 years of people giving me hell for something i didnt control?I am not the problem! Peoples ignorance is, their lack of sympathy & understanding is! Dont even try to pin this on me i never asked for any of this god dame bs!Those pics are recent & not very good quality my skin was horrible for years...

Pretty sure that the only one who needs a reality check is you. You're not held responsible for every insult you receive but you're held responsible for how you react. I don't care that you gave up. I don't care that you're all sad and bitter and miserable boo hoo. You can't even admit that all of this is your own fault because you're a weak-minded individual. You need to go fix yourself before you start parading your stupid ideas in this forum.

so how should someone react? & its fine by me If you dont care this message wasnt meant for you then. My view is too raw for you

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/11/2013 4:18 pm

Im fairly positive that most of you guys just didnt have the level of acne i did. Anyone who has would know exactly were im coming from & im sure would agree with most of what ive said.So my acne isnt as bad anymore so what? To me that changes nothing, im still treated just about the same lol jezz man its only gone from horrid to bad, that is not worth much imo..To me being positive about a negative thing just means you would rather not face the truth about it. Instead that person would rather hide behind the dilution of a positive thoughtIm sorry guys but in my mind i find such an act weak. Why not just face reality? I may be unhappy but thats only becuase Its the logical result of what i have lived through.

I understand you completely and I sympathize 100% with your personal situation. However, I am wondering what you are trying to achieve here. Do you want a solution for your problems?

My goal here on this thread has been to get my story & personal views of the world out. I believe every thing i have said based on facts and experiance. Most of all id like for some who is just starting out on really bad acne to know what to expect from the world, the idea is that perhaps with prior knowledge of such events. A person could better prepare for it. Or at least not be surprised when it happens because it will....

If by solution you mean normal skin then of course. i dont enjoy this & i dont want to live with it anymore. I want to live without it Not adapt myself to it. thats reasonable dont you think?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/11/2013 5:00 pm

No one's saying you're responsible for other people being rude and ignorant etc - that's their problem. So you can leave it at that - being their problem - and get on with your life. But it's your choice to then have a 'screw all of society for being idiots' attitude and being negative about everything (that's just how I feel you're coming across - sorry if I have it wrong) instead of just realising that only a few people have been like that and that there are still decent, kind people out there and that yes, you can still enjoy life etc. And it's my choice to try and be positive and to still enjoy life - because I can still do that. It's still an option. Acne / bad skin doesn't change that! The fact that I have had bad acne in the past, and that I'm still dealing with it now (it's more light now) as well as with a lot of PIH, does not change the fact I can still enjoy life. Why would I want to waste the rest of my life feeling miserable when I've already wasted enough of it due to me holding myself back because of acne?? Yes, you will encounter idiots who judge you on your skin or will say something stupid - but that's rare really. And who needs people like that. If you meet someone like that, ignore them, move on. They're not worth your time. It's not an 'act.' I'm not being delusional. It's all to do with a persons attitude and willpower I think. But I guess it's easier said than done for some people. I don't know... I just don't get why you seem so closed to the idea or possibility of still having a good time and enjoying life. Isn't it worth trying? Also just out of curiousity - a few posts ago you said this:

on an average day when you go out - how many people actually stop and comment to you about your skin? I find it really hard to believe that nearly everyone that sees you will mention your skin - no matter it's condition. My skin is worse than how yours is in the pics and I don't have people stopping me. Have I just been lucky in recent years? I have had someone say things in the past (when my skin was worse than it is now) but that was one person years ago. So one person, in 8 or so years of acne, saying something to me... You don't need to forget about acne / your skin. I think that's near impossible. But you just need to worry about it less or change your perspective on life or society (whatever) a bit. Society doesn't care how you live. I don't think people are treating you like a joke. It's up to you to make life what you want it to be for you. It really is.

Well for starters yes i do have an f society mentality. Trust me they have earned it. At this point my idea of being happy would be to live alone & just not have to deal with other people. I guess im weird for thinking i cant be happy with a f up face lol

So no plp dont stop me to say it directly to me, but unfortunatly they dont have to because i happen to have good hearing & you can just tell by the way people look at you..

acne, people & life are all connected. My views feed of each other like a big fish getting eaten by a bigger one.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/12/2013 1:23 am

What if living is hanging out with other people? People were not really interested in me until last Saturday. I am absolutely not joking. You know how old I am. It took me years, I spend a lot of money, joined a lot of clubs and seeking professional help until I met a small group of people who were able to lift me out of my depression and relieve me of my social problems that has affected my career. I am on average 5 years behind everyone else in my age group and I probably have to pay money for my problems.

But I am not going to leave it at that. I am going to strike back. I am going to strike back fiercely. Not through violence, but through convincing people that things have to go different in this world.

Of course living is hanging out and interacting with other people in one way or another.

And I'm not pretending acne hasn't effected me. It has. I definitely feel I'm 'behind' other people around my age too because I've had acne and they haven't.

And when I said 'leave it at that' I just meant to make the point that I don't think someone should have 'hostility' toward all of society or individual people that then effects how they live their life completely. Sure - you/we have every right to be annoyed at people because of things they may have said or done regarding or skin but personally I feel like it's a waste of time in a way - people aren't going to change over night and unless you're actually doing something about it nothings going to change anyway. To me it's a bit like 'taking the high road' in a way... like I could be bitter and angry toward idiots who've judged me, been rude to me, excluded me etc or I can realise that's their problem that they're ignorant and rude and get on with my life - not giving them the satisfaction of seeing me get 'bothered' or depressed etc due to what they did. But at the same time, if someone were to say something to me about my skin or appearance tomorrow, I wouldn't just let them say that - I'd want to say something back to them to make them realise what they said was unreasonable or rude (if it actually was unreasonable/rude that is) - I wouldn't let them 'get away with it' but I also wouldn't fixate on it and let that one encounter effect my view of the rest of society or my ability to enjoy life as a whole.

No one's saying you're responsible for other people being rude and ignorant etc - that's their problem. So you can leave it at that - being their problem - and get on with your life. But it's your choice to then have a 'screw all of society for being idiots' attitude and being negative about everything (that's just how I feel you're coming across - sorry if I have it wrong) instead of just realising that only a few people have been like that and that there are still decent, kind people out there and that yes, you can still enjoy life etc. And it's my choice to try and be positive and to still enjoy life - because I can still do that. It's still an option. Acne / bad skin doesn't change that! The fact that I have had bad acne in the past, and that I'm still dealing with it now (it's more light now) as well as with a lot of PIH, does not change the fact I can still enjoy life. Why would I want to waste the rest of my life feeling miserable when I've already wasted enough of it due to me holding myself back because of acne?? Yes, you will encounter idiots who judge you on your skin or will say something stupid - but that's rare really. And who needs people like that. If you meet someone like that, ignore them, move on. They're not worth your time. It's not an 'act.' I'm not being delusional. It's all to do with a persons attitude and willpower I think. But I guess it's easier said than done for some people. I don't know... I just don't get why you seem so closed to the idea or possibility of still having a good time and enjoying life. Isn't it worth trying? Also just out of curiousity - a few posts ago you said this:

on an average day when you go out - how many people actually stop and comment to you about your skin? I find it really hard to believe that nearly everyone that sees you will mention your skin - no matter it's condition. My skin is worse than how yours is in the pics and I don't have people stopping me. Have I just been lucky in recent years? I have had someone say things in the past (when my skin was worse than it is now) but that was one person years ago. So one person, in 8 or so years of acne, saying something to me... You don't need to forget about acne / your skin. I think that's near impossible. But you just need to worry about it less or change your perspective on life or society (whatever) a bit. Society doesn't care how you live. I don't think people are treating you like a joke. It's up to you to make life what you want it to be for you. It really is.

Well for starters yes i do have an f society mentality. Trust me they have earned it. At this point my idea of being happy would be to live alone & just not have to deal with other people. I guess im weird for thinking i cant be happy with a f up face lol

So no plp dont stop me to say it directly to me, but unfortunatly they dont have to because i happen to have good hearing & you can just tell by the way people look at you..

acne, people & life are all connected. My views feed of each other like a big fish getting eaten by a bigger one.

Yeah I think that is weird that you think you can't be happy with a 'f'd up face' - because I bet your face isn't screwed up and there are people with terrible acne and scarring or burns victims who do still 'somehow' enjoy life and are happy. Not saying that people are always happy - that's ridiculous - but you can try and get the most out of life or you can be miserable about everything.

You said you can just tell by the way people look at you which I completely understand- Have you ever thought about the idea that people look at you for reasons other than your skin. Maybe there's something in your hair or you have an 'odd' expression on your face without realising it - this happens to me haha - I'll notice or think that someone is looking at me weird and my first thought is that they've seen my skin etc but then I realise I've just been standing there with a blank expression due to just thinking things over or worrying - which on me can make me look pissed off or something - even when I don't intend to do that at all. So it was in that case more likely that someone looking at me was due to that rather than my acne. I don't know if you get what I'm saying but I think expression and body language and confidence - even if it's an act or illusion of confidence - really changes what and how people think of you and react or interact with you.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/12/2013 5:31 pm

What if living is hanging out with other people? People were not really interested in me until last Saturday. I am absolutely not joking. You know how old I am. It took me years, I spend a lot of money, joined a lot of clubs and seeking professional help until I met a small group of people who were able to lift me out of my depression and relieve me of my social problems that has affected my career. I am on average 5 years behind everyone else in my age group and I probably have to pay money for my problems. But I am not going to leave it at that. I am going to strike back. I am going to strike back fiercely. Not through violence, but through convincing people that things have to go different in this world.

Of course living is hanging out and interacting with other people in one way or another.And I'm not pretending acne hasn't effected me. It has. I definitely feel I'm 'behind' other people around my age too because I've had acne and they haven't. And when I said 'leave it at that' I just meant to make the point that I don't think someone should have 'hostility' toward all of society or individual people that then effects how they live their life completely. Sure - you/we have every right to be annoyed at people because of things they may have said or done regarding or skin but personally I feel like it's a waste of time in a way - people aren't going to change over night and unless you're actually doing something about it nothings going to change anyway. To me it's a bit like 'taking the high road' in a way... like I could be bitter and angry toward idiots who've judged me, been rude to me, excluded me etc or I can realise that's their problem that they're ignorant and rude and get on with my life - not giving them the satisfaction of seeing me get 'bothered' or depressed etc due to what they did. But at the same time, if someone were to say something to me about my skin or appearance tomorrow, I wouldn't just let them say that - I'd want to say something back to them to make them realise what they said was unreasonable or rude (if it actually was unreasonable/rude that is) - I wouldn't let them 'get away with it' but I also wouldn't fixate on it and let that one encounter effect my view of the rest of society or my ability to enjoy life as a whole.

Well for starters yes i do have an f society mentality. Trust me they have earned it. At this point my idea of being happy would be to live alone & just not have to deal with other people. I guess im weird for thinking i cant be happy with a f up face lolSo no plp dont stop me to say it directly to me, but unfortunatly they dont have to because i happen to have good hearing & you can just tell by the way people look at you..acne, people & life are all connected. My views feed of each other like a big fish getting eaten by a bigger one.

Yeah I think that is weird that you think you can't be happy with a 'f'd up face' - because I bet your face isn't screwed up and there are people with terrible acne and scarring or burns victims who do still 'somehow' enjoy life and are happy. Not saying that people are always happy - that's ridiculous - but you can try and get the most out of life or you can be miserable about everything. You said you can just tell by the way people look at you which I completely understand- Have you ever thought about the idea that people look at you for reasons other than your skin. Maybe there's something in your hair or you have an 'odd' expression on your face without realising it - this happens to me haha - I'll notice or think that someone is looking at me weird and my first thought is that they've seen my skin etc but then I realise I've just been standing there with a blank expression due to just thinking things over or worrying - which on me can make me look pissed off or something - even when I don't intend to do that at all. So it was in that case more likely that someone looking at me was due to that rather than my acne. I don't know if you get what I'm saying but I think expression and body language and confidence - even if it's an act or illusion of confidence - really changes what and how people think of you and react or interact with you.

I guess im just not ready to try & be happy. Im still so angry about the way people have treated me, that now I fail to see myself being one of them For a long time. Although i havent lost faith that i will eventually be one, i do want to be. But for now i just want to be left alone.

Im so use to having people look at me for my acne that, now i think its always that way. I even hear it sometimes when im alone lol. Its like i hear female voices telling me how bad my skin is... i know that isnt normal at all. If i had to guess why this is happening, its obviously some kind of trauma from all the mental abuse i got from people.

But still im emotionally stable aside from the fact that i really dislike people & society in general. Which i think is fairly justified from my experiences.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/13/2013 1:55 am

What if living is hanging out with other people? People were not really interested in me until last Saturday. I am absolutely not joking. You know how old I am. It took me years, I spend a lot of money, joined a lot of clubs and seeking professional help until I met a small group of people who were able to lift me out of my depression and relieve me of my social problems that has affected my career. I am on average 5 years behind everyone else in my age group and I probably have to pay money for my problems. But I am not going to leave it at that. I am going to strike back. I am going to strike back fiercely. Not through violence, but through convincing people that things have to go different in this world.

Of course living is hanging out and interacting with other people in one way or another.And I'm not pretending acne hasn't effected me. It has. I definitely feel I'm 'behind' other people around my age too because I've had acne and they haven't. And when I said 'leave it at that' I just meant to make the point that I don't think someone should have 'hostility' toward all of society or individual people that then effects how they live their life completely. Sure - you/we have every right to be annoyed at people because of things they may have said or done regarding or skin but personally I feel like it's a waste of time in a way - people aren't going to change over night and unless you're actually doing something about it nothings going to change anyway. To me it's a bit like 'taking the high road' in a way... like I could be bitter and angry toward idiots who've judged me, been rude to me, excluded me etc or I can realise that's their problem that they're ignorant and rude and get on with my life - not giving them the satisfaction of seeing me get 'bothered' or depressed etc due to what they did. But at the same time, if someone were to say something to me about my skin or appearance tomorrow, I wouldn't just let them say that - I'd want to say something back to them to make them realise what they said was unreasonable or rude (if it actually was unreasonable/rude that is) - I wouldn't let them 'get away with it' but I also wouldn't fixate on it and let that one encounter effect my view of the rest of society or my ability to enjoy life as a whole.

Well for starters yes i do have an f society mentality. Trust me they have earned it. At this point my idea of being happy would be to live alone & just not have to deal with other people. I guess im weird for thinking i cant be happy with a f up face lolSo no plp dont stop me to say it directly to me, but unfortunatly they dont have to because i happen to have good hearing & you can just tell by the way people look at you..acne, people & life are all connected. My views feed of each other like a big fish getting eaten by a bigger one.

Yeah I think that is weird that you think you can't be happy with a 'f'd up face' - because I bet your face isn't screwed up and there are people with terrible acne and scarring or burns victims who do still 'somehow' enjoy life and are happy. Not saying that people are always happy - that's ridiculous - but you can try and get the most out of life or you can be miserable about everything. You said you can just tell by the way people look at you which I completely understand- Have you ever thought about the idea that people look at you for reasons other than your skin. Maybe there's something in your hair or you have an 'odd' expression on your face without realising it - this happens to me haha - I'll notice or think that someone is looking at me weird and my first thought is that they've seen my skin etc but then I realise I've just been standing there with a blank expression due to just thinking things over or worrying - which on me can make me look pissed off or something - even when I don't intend to do that at all. So it was in that case more likely that someone looking at me was due to that rather than my acne. I don't know if you get what I'm saying but I think expression and body language and confidence - even if it's an act or illusion of confidence - really changes what and how people think of you and react or interact with you.

I guess im just not ready to try & be happy. Im still so angry about the way people have treated me, that now I fail to see myself being one of them For a long time. Although i havent lost faith that i will eventually be one, i do want to be. But for now i just want to be left alone.

Im so use to having people look at me for my acne that, now i think its always that way. I even hear it sometimes when im alone lol. Its like i hear female voices telling me how bad my skin is... i know that isnt normal at all. If i had to guess why this is happening, its obviously some kind of trauma from all the mental abuse i got from people.

But still im emotionally stable aside from the fact that i really dislike people & society in general. Which i think is fairly justified from my experiences.

I am angry as well. I've got something to say about this all: Complaining is meaningless without posing an alternative. So, how does being angry work for you so far?

I am personally working on a project that has to change everything. I am going to make the world fair. I have already turned it into my life's work.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/13/2013 5:29 am

I guess im just not ready to try & be happy. Im still so angry about the way people have treated me, that now I fail to see myself being one of them For a long time. Although i havent lost faith that i will eventually be one, i do want to be. But for now i just want to be left alone.Im so use to having people look at me for my acne that, now i think its always that way. I even hear it sometimes when im alone lol. Its like i hear female voices telling me how bad my skin is... i know that isnt normal at all. If i had to guess why this is happening, its obviously some kind of trauma from all the mental abuse i got from people.But still im emotionally stable aside from the fact that i really dislike people & society in general. Which i think is fairly justified from my experiences.

I am angry as well. I've got something to say about this all: Complaining is meaningless without posing an alternative. So, how does being angry work for you so far?I am personally working on a project that has to change everything. I am going to make the world fair. I have already turned it into my life's work.

Hey up early checking the forums & wanted to reply. Well it Helps when im feeling down, i like replacing sadness with anger. But id prefer to just be ok about it.

Gl with making the world fair

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/13/2013 6:15 am

Well for starters yes i do have an f society mentality. Trust me they have earned it. At this point my idea of being happy would be to live alone & just not have to deal with other people. I guess im weird for thinking i cant be happy with a f up face lolSo no plp dont stop me to say it directly to me, but unfortunatly they dont have to because i happen to have good hearing & you can just tell by the way people look at you..acne, people & life are all connected. My views feed of each other like a big fish getting eaten by a bigger one.ockquote> Yeah I think that is weird that you think you can't be happy with a 'f'd up face' - because I bet your face isn't screwed up and there are people with terrible acne and scarring or burns victims who do still 'somehow' enjoy life and are happy. Not saying that people are always happy - that's ridiculous - but you can try and get the most out of life or you can be miserable about everything. You said you can just tell by the way people look at you which I completely understand- Have you ever thought about the idea that people look at you for reasons other than your skin. Maybe there's something in your hair or you have an 'odd' expression on your face without realising it - this happens to me haha - I'll notice or think that someone is looking at me weird and my first thought is that they've seen my skin etc but then I realise I've just been standing there with a blank expression due to just thinking things over or worrying - which on me can make me look pissed off or something - even when I don't intend to do that at all. So it was in that case more likely that someone looking at me was due to that rather than my acne. I don't know if you get what I'm saying but I think expression and body language and confidence - even if it's an act or illusion of confidence - really changes what and how people think of you and react or interact with you.

I guess im just not ready to try & be happy. Im still so angry about the way people have treated me, that now I fail to see myself being one of them For a long time. Although i havent lost faith that i will eventually be one, i do want to be. But for now i just want to be left alone.Im so use to having people look at me for my acne that, now i think its always that way. I even hear it sometimes when im alone lol. Its like i hear female voices telling me how bad my skin is... i know that isnt normal at all. If i had to guess why this is happening, its obviously some kind of trauma from all the mental abuse i got from people.But still im emotionally stable aside from the fact that i really dislike people & society in general. Which i think is fairly justified from my experiences.

I am angry as well. I've got something to say about this all: Complaining is meaningless without posing an alternative. So, how does being angry work for you so far?I am personally working on a project that has to change everything. I am going to make the world fair. I have already turned it into my life's work.

Hey up early checking the forums & wanted to reply. Well it Helps when im feeling down, i like replacing sadness with anger. But id prefer to just be ok about it.

Gl with making the world fair

Do you think you feel okay when you are complaining on a forum?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 09/14/2013 7:35 am

I totally understand you. Sometimes i wish people who judge us have acne too so they would understand what they are doing.

But, you know what, i have such awesome friends. Even if i burnt my face, i woudnt be coincious about it around them.

There are good people in this world. People who wont judge you, and my friends never looked at me like i am disgusting even on my worst days. They only look at me (on my eyes) when im talking to them and they are talking to me.

Find those special people and im sure one day, you'll find happiness and comfort.

Though i admit, there are more bad ones than good ones.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/26/2013 10:29 pm

To alexanderj86: on your last reply, i dont see it as just complaining. I feel its more of a chronicle of my experiences as well as an informative piece for people.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/30/2013 12:50 am

Crap I was going to upload a void but I guess it's too big sorry guys... maybe it's my phone idn.

MemberMember
(@ceairanicholle)

Posted : 10/07/2013 8:59 pm

@fatalbert911

Before I even registered here today, I read your post and you claim to have horrible skin and people tell you you're ugly.

I went and looked at the 4 photos you posted.

YOU AREN'T UGLY and your skin is 10 times better than mine ever will be. I wish my skin looked like yours.

You should try to focus on positive things.

-could be a lot worse.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/08/2013 1:59 pm

@fatalbert911Before I even registered here today, I read your post and you claim to have horrible skin and people tell you you're ugly.I went and looked at the 4 photos you posted.YOU AREN'T UGLY and your skin is 10 times better than mine ever will be. I wish my skin looked like yours.You should try to focus on positive things.-could be a lot worse.

hey how's it going, thanks. I wish other people thought so too. Welcome to the threads & thanks for replying.

MemberMember
(@cookiej)

Posted : 10/08/2013 2:38 pm

@fatalbert911Before I even registered here today, I read your post and you claim to have horrible skin and people tell you you're ugly.I went and looked at the 4 photos you posted.YOU AREN'T UGLY and your skin is 10 times better than mine ever will be. I wish my skin looked like yours.You should try to focus on positive things.-could be a lot worse.

hey how's it going, thanks. I wish other people thought so too. Welcome to the threads & thanks for replying.

I just took a look at your pics and I literally can't see anything wrong with your skin!?

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/09/2013 5:25 am

Why aren't you going to test it? I test whether people like me or not. So far people are actually acting nice to me these days, which is a 100% improvement over the past, but they still don't really care about me. There is still room for improvement.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/09/2013 4:49 pm

yea, i still dont get it. You have nothing wrong with your skin. I mean, sure you dont have baby smooth skin that children have but your skin is above average for your age.

Really. I am serious.

MemberMember
(@sndr)

Posted : 10/09/2013 4:57 pm

I cannot believe how many of you are telling the OP to stop whining or saying negative comments based on his feelings and views. He's allowed to vent and say what he feels. He's not hurting anyone, he's not being rude or obnoxious, he's telling it how it is based on his life. Do I think he should try a bit harder to help himself? Yes. Of course, but it's not as easy to snap yourself out of a deep depression, I know this first hand.

Many of us can relate to the way he feels and just because you're able to overcome your problems and or your depression, doesn't mean it's easier or easy for everybody else to just take your advice and ride the high horse out of depression town.

The OP didn't come here to whine about his problem (however severe it may be, if it effects him to the point of severe depression, maybe you should be a little more respectful and understanding where he's coming from and try to talk it out with him without trying to pity him and ESPECIALLY without writing disgusting paragraphs about how it's own doing, or that there's other people off worse than he is). He came here to let his story and views be heard, not to start controversy and have people tell him his problem is nothing to be depressed about, etc. Maybe he does need to speak to someone and maybe he doesn't want to admit it but he needs to let it out to people who understand him because he feels he doesn't have anyone else to speak to? Well guess what, the lot of you should be ashamed (not the people trying to provide positive feedback and support). The rude people here know who they are.

This forum is about people with a common problem trying to get through it together, to lend a helping hand to each other. There should be NO REASON to put him down in any way or complain that he's whining or anything of the sort. The ONLY reason anyone on here has the right to say anything negative to another person is if they're being a rude person to begin with, like a few of you were towards him.

As you could see in his posts, he didn't rebuttal negatively to any of your negative comments that were posted about him. He should be giving some of you advice on how to, even when in a sensitive topic like this, act civilized and respectful without childish remarks that are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP.

Some people are born mentally stronger than others, some are physically stronger, some people are smarter than others. Mentally, he seems in a state of depression and confusion, but does that mean we should call him weak minded and that he's doing it all to himself and to man up and to stop whining, etc.? Definitely. Not. Going. To. Help. Yet some of you chose to be rude even though he wasn't trying to be; the poor guy was just expressing himself, no matter how raw it was for you people to read, that does NOT give you the right to say these things to him. There's always more than one way to do things, and the right way is to, EVEN THOUGH HE DIDN'T WANT IT, provide some insight and make him feel like he's not alone, and hell, help him even if he doesn't want it until he tells you to not too. I bet you 100 to 1 that even though he says he doesn't want anyone's pity or help, it's better hearing people sympathize and trying to lend out help rather than saying rude disgusting things to him. If your advice is for him to try to pick himself up and dust himself off, clearly you could say it with a lot more respect.

I'm tired of seeing these unhelpful comments and even the people comparing one persons problems to another. Everyone has problems, telling someone about how another person has it worse isn't going to make his mentality a stone fortress and make him immediately forget about the pain that acne has caused him. He is hurting, he is a human being, no matter what the problem is, speaking the way that some of you did, is just not cool and I always lose more and more respect for humanity the more I see how the vast majority really is. NOW can you at least understand a little more why he has lost faith in humanity? The evidence is on this thread right here. It seems where ever he goes, for whatever reason, even to get help. There's always those people that put him down when all he's trying to do is help himself by venting. It would have been a lot more respectful and helpful if the rude ones here just never posted.

Do you think he wants to be this way? Do you think he wants to vent on a forum about the depression in his life and his unfortunate battle with his mental well being? Do you think that he wants to upset you by posting this thread? Do you think he wants or cares if anyone sees life the way he does? The answer is NO. He just wants to share his story with fellow acne sufferers. I don't care if your acne is worse or better than his condition, everyone's got their problems and just because yours seems to be worse to you or is a lot more detrimental to your health, doesn't mean his depression is something to be mocked.

I'm sorry for rambling on, but I just got fed up by some of the comments I read and I'm not a mean person but to those of you who were acting rude for no apparent reason, I'd kindly like for you to never post again when someone is venting. You do not know how to help, nor do I think you care about helping anyone else but yourself because if you did, you'd understand that what was said here by the OP, was NO REASON to write those comments the way some of you did. I mean the OP seems like a decent human being and as much as he doesn't want it, he needs help from those of us who actually care and understand, and if he doesn't want to take the advice, so be it. He's not hurting anyone, and he may be hurting himself, but it's not on purpose and it's not easy for him to not think that way. Believe me I can relate.

In conclusion, I would like for ALL of you to think for a minute. In your mind, really put yourself in his shoes. Just think how he's thinking, why he's thinking it, what causes are behind it, etc. and if you come back here and write a response saying how it's not as hard as he makes it seem to get out of this rut, then please don't bother replying back to any of these points because as I said earlier, not everyone has a stone hard mentality where they can over come any or many of life's problems. Everyone's different and I bet he has tried very hard to help himself to no avail and a venting on a forum where he felt welcome might have been something to get him closer to developing a stronger mind and a stronger urge to better his life, yet I don't see many people trying to relate or sympathize with him, all I see is people being rude towards him, comparing other peoples problems with his own, calling him names and being absolutely careless, arguing what he said rather than trying to help. I may not have a strong mentality, but I am building it, and it's hard for me, but that doesn't mean it's hard for you. Maybe all he needs is a positive place to turn, to help him progressively build up his happiness again; Well, that's probably gone now, thanks to the few of you who were rude and the others who compared his problems instead of leveling with him. This is one perfect reason why he can't get along in society, it's because everywhere he turns, he gets the same bullshit replies over and over and the same rude comments over and over.

I'm sick of it and I hope I have changed some of your minds to be more respectful in the future and change your approach on these types of situations. Just remember this, he is depressed, there's no doubt about it. Should we act hard and cruel, or kind and supportive? You decide, but please remember, it's not always the persons fault that their depressed. Some of you are strong mentally, some of you are getting there, some of you aren't. I'm not. Are you going to call me a "phaggot" or tell me that I'm whining if I just need a person too talk to? Or would you rather tell a suicidal person to stop whining. Pathetic, really. For Shame.

If no one else was going to stick up for him, I had to

and sorry if anyone thought any of my comments were rude but if you want to reply to my points,

please be kind and respectful.

Thanks.