Notifications
Clear all

What Does Clear Skin Feel Like?

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 03/20/2014 2:44 pm

I'm not 100% "clear" per se - I still have a lot of hyperpigmentation, but the fact that I don't have any active pimples anymore is enough for me.

I can personally say that being clear (or pseudo-clear in my case) gives you an IMMENSE boost in confidence because you are truly able to "put your best face forward" when interacting with people. In addition, it significantly increases motivation to focus on other areas of life that need improvement, once acne-related depression is kicked out of the way. I'm not exaggerating when I say it feels like you've been let out of a cage and all of a sudden the whole world is yours for the taking. Feels amazing!

MemberMember
(@seira1992)

Posted : 03/20/2014 6:29 pm

When I was clear(either during my 2 rounds of accutane,or while taking th pill) i was still quite sad about my red marks. I was puting a lot of make up and didn't want to go to the sea with friends,see my then boyfriend without full covered etc.only my first summer in the pill my skin was amazing and I was feeling so happy. Now I look the photographs,and I was beautiful but I couldn't appreciate it at all....Now that acne is back I would kill for the acne free scared face i used to have...

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:29 am

I'm almost there! and when i am I'll be care free and ready for anything too!!!!!!!! agh that makes me so happy! it also showed me to appreciate my skin and health too, when i had perfect skin i didn't even care and now that i am almost there i will never take it for granted again!

MemberMember
(@teenidle)

Posted : 03/26/2014 1:39 pm

When I was acne free I still had a pretty awful looking skin, but since I didn't have any active pimples I could have made my skin look pretty good with make-up. All I remember is feeling happy and pretty and alive all the time. I was excited to leave the house, to get dressed, I was just full of energy and now that my acne's back it's just so hard to even get up in the morning, can't walk through the halls without looking at the ground, If I could , I would stay in my bed all day or even worse. And now, when I have a good skin day all my thoughts are positive and my self-eestem is so high, I'm actually close to being self-obsessed.

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 03/28/2014 1:04 am

It feels great, yes. Truly wonderful! And I know it won't ever come back the way it was before. How do I know that? Because I am now learning and realizing that balance is key. Taking care of your entire being including your body and mind will result in more balance. And balance, in turn, always results in beauty...physical and psychological beauty. It'a a lifestyle, not a topical cream lol. Its learning to love yourself fully by giving your body the nutrients it needs and by constantly training it to grow stronger and more grounded. Also by learning to directly, with discipline and gentleness, observe your mind with a deep and genuine intention of dissolving unnecessary chatter. We can all agree that in our heads we have so much thoughts going on...well those confusing and incessant thoughts , noise, can dissolve with practice. In other words, we need to detoxify and purify our body and our mind.

There is no quick fix for your acne. There is no quick fix for anything really, and a deep part of you already sees the obviousness in that statement but has a hard time accepting it. There are short cuts but it still requires a lot of hard work, discipline, patience responsibility, respect, love, gentleness, strenghth, openness, acceptance, love, and a deep fire yearning for improvement.

Visualizing your goal of clear skin is wonderful and a very effective way to get there. but remember that it takes work. all the best :)

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 04/07/2014 6:41 pm

I had clear skin and frankly never appreciated it. It was so convinient to get up and go. It was so nice to not spend hours and hours obsessing on things and treatments to help my skin. My self esteem was much higher and overall enjoyed life alot more carefree. I didnt avoid photos/facebook/social media in general now I am mortified to take pictures. It was so nice and I am hopeful that my skin will return to what it was.