Notifications
Clear all

Lost Girlfriend And Hope To Acne

MemberMember
(@thunderfire)

Posted : 05/11/2013 11:59 am

Okay so first of all hi to everyone I am new on this forum (:

I am from Brasil and just turned 16 this week, things are not going well..I've been suffering with severe acne since 2009 and my life is going downhill so far because of that..

I know that lot of people here should suffer the same as I do or even more... I can't look at my face in the mirror anymore, people make fun of me at school, and they always see as some kind of monster. I had a girlfriend for half a year and lost her today because of my acne.

Yes, I wanted to go to a dermatologist but my parents don't care about my situation, and they even make fun of my face sometimes...

So I hope that here on the forum I can make some real good friends rolleyes.gif because since all those pimples popped up.. I lost all my friends.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:48 pm

darling,people like ur girlfriend or the friends who've left u just for ur acne are unworthy of u.really.

don't give a damn!

u deserve so much better.

we r all here with u.

so please dont ever lose hope or heart.

hugs!

p.s i hope u're figuring out things at acne or diet forums here.

let me know if i can help in any way.

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:53 pm

Keep bugging your parents until they take you to a dermatologist or go yourself if they won't. Do you have insurance?

MemberMember
(@s-davina)

Posted : 05/11/2013 1:37 pm

First of all I'd like to let you know I went through the same thing at school. Only in my younger years, grade school and my first year of high school I was made fun of for my skin condition. I took it as a child, let them call me names and what not, but after grade 7 that stopped because the next person to mention my skin would get a punch in the face lol. Not saying this is the approach you should take but I did hit my breaking point and for the rest of my high school years nobody mentioned a thing to me. Kids are assholes and most of them are so insecure about themselves they have to make fun of others. You are young now, this will change. As for your girlfriend, she is definitely not worth your time. If she's willing to leave because of acne then I'd say she's pretty ugly on the inside. I've been with my boyfriend almost 6 years and he doesn't see the acne on my face, he looks past all that and he always has. You will find someone who will look past that and love you for who you are, trust me. I've never really heard of parents making fun of their child's skin so that's a first. I wouldn't even know how to go about that but if they don't want to take you to a derm, id suggest doing some research on here and maybe find something suitable And affordable for you. Don't lose hope, we are all going through this just the same as you. xoxo stay strong.

MemberMember
(@thunderfire)

Posted : 05/11/2013 2:05 pm

Thanks everyone for the support! I'm really happy I found such a awesome forum with awesome people! (= I will try to get over this and live my life, yes people at my age are jerks..I am starting to think that only the ones who gets bullied knows how much it hurts

Keep bugging your parents until they take you to a dermatologist or go yourself if they won't. Do you have insurance?

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 05/11/2013 7:46 pm

You'll get a ton of support here, a lot of us have unfortunately been in the same boat. No one picked on me directly for having acne, but relatives were always commenting on it. I'm not sure what products are available in Brasil, but if you could beg your parents to see a dermatologist, that would be your best bet. If your acne is causing you anxiety or unhappiness, it's time to get it fixed. I had acne as a teen and it never went away. I had to get help from a doctor to make it go away. And goodess, if it hurts, your parents need to reconsider letting you see a doctor.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/11/2013 7:55 pm

Hang tough, bud. Sounds like your girlfriend is a shallow asshole and you definitely deserve better than her. Wish you the best and I hope you find something that works well for your skin!

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/11/2013 10:02 pm

You are in good company, here! ^_^

MemberMember
(@thunderfire)

Posted : 05/12/2013 12:29 am

You'll get a ton of support here, a lot of us have unfortunately been in the same boat. No one picked on me directly for having acne, but relatives were always commenting on it. I'm not sure what products are available in Brasil, but if you could beg your parents to see a dermatologist, that would be your best bet. If your acne is causing you anxiety or unhappiness, it's time to get it fixed. I had acne as a teen and it never went away. I had to get help from a doctor to make it go away. And goodess, if it hurts, your parents need to reconsider letting you see a doctor.

We have a lot of acne products here in Brasil, but im not sure what treatment is the best for me, only a derm to tell that but I told my parents about how much it hurts, they think im joking or something..and that really makes me mad crazy.gif

Hang tough, bud. Sounds like your girlfriend is a shallow asshole and you definitely deserve better than her. Wish you the best and I hope you find something that works well for your skin!

Thank you dude! Ya really just now I noticed how dumb I was to love her..she wasn't really my kind also we argued a lot about stupid stuff strongsad.gif

You are in good company, here! amused.gif

I really am in great company and I'm so happy about that! You people are awesome ,really, thanks for all the help! rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/12/2013 1:14 am

as of now..all i am asking u is to look through forums for acne and solution.

plus we are here with u any time anyway!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/12/2013 1:22 am

What is your acne like ? cyst ? All over the face or just around jaw forehead etc. Oily skin ? Dry?

Give us some insights about your skin.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/12/2013 3:26 am

If you can't get in to see a dermatologist, often a regular GP has the power to prescribe you medications for your skin (not too sure about Accutane though). Tell us WHICH treatments you have tried, and how they worked for you. Also what is your skin regime now if you have one?

I think if your acne is really bad right now and has been swollen red and inflamed for some time you need to get Antibiotics to heal the infection, ASAP. I know it's not a long term solution but you need to deal with the infection now. Also your GP should be able to give you 'tretinoin/retin a cream" (or maybe you can but it over the counter in brasil?). Start with the lowest dosage. It's topical Vitamin A cream and although it's commonly advertised for wrinkles it actually works really well on acne too, especially for the kind that doesn't budge!

MemberMember
(@thunderfire)

Posted : 05/12/2013 4:26 pm

as of now..all i am asking u is to look through forums for acne and solution.

plus we are here with u any time anyway!

Yes i've been doing that haha, I see that a lot of people use accutane but i dunno how much severe a acne should be to use this

What is your acne like ? cyst ? All over the face or just around jaw forehead etc. Oily skin ? Dry?

Give us some insights about your skin.

It's inflamed and red, very large, they dont look like normal pimples.

If you can't get in to see a dermatologist, often a regular GP has the power to prescribe you medications for your skin (not too sure about Accutane though). Tell us WHICH treatments you have tried, and how they worked for you. Also what is your skin regime now if you have one?

I think if your acne is really bad right now and has been swollen red and inflamed for some time you need to get Antibiotics to heal the infection, ASAP. I know it's not a long term solution but you need to deal with the infection now. Also your GP should be able to give you 'tretinoin/retin a cream" (or maybe you can but it over the counter in brasil?). Start with the lowest dosage. It's topical Vitamin A cream and although it's commonly advertised for wrinkles it actually works really well on acne too, especially for the kind that doesn't budge!

Never tried any treatment or medicine, I once tried just some natural creams but had no effect on my face :(

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/12/2013 8:27 pm

Ok you should atleast be able to get Benzoyl Peroxide 5-10% over the counter. Start off with the 5%. Sounds like you have cystic acne which is also infected, go get into your doctor and get those anti biotics!

People with acne that's isn't so severe are using accutane these days, they just tweak the dosage. In your case I think it's worth giving it a try if it fails to respond to topical treatments.

MemberMember
(@thunderfire)

Posted : 05/12/2013 9:09 pm

Ok you should atleast be able to get Benzoyl Peroxide 5-10% over the counter. Start off with the 5%. Sounds like you have cystic acne which is also infected, go get into your doctor and get those anti biotics!

People with acne that's isn't so severe are using accutane these days, they just tweak the dosage. In your case I think it's worth giving it a try if it fails to respond to topical treatments.

I think I got my parents attention when I said how the acne is affecting myself at school, they said that we could go to a derm this week to see how severe it is and what medication is the best for me rolleyes.gif I will ask the derm about this Benzoyl Peroxide and also accutane

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/12/2013 9:12 pm

Great work :). Parents don't realize but it's irresponsible for them not to care about their child's acne. If left untreated it can cause major scarring and psychological effects. I was lucky my mother went and bought me facial cleanser and acne treatments when I had my first ever break out at 13!

Keep us updated hope it all goes well. I am sure the derm will be well knowledgeable and prescribe you the appropriate treatments.

MemberMember
(@thunderfire)

Posted : 05/13/2013 12:12 pm

Great work smile.png. Parents don't realize but it's irresponsible for them not to care about their child's acne. If left untreated it can cause major scarring and psychological effects. I was lucky my mother went and bought me facial cleanser and acne treatments when I had my first ever break out at 13!

Keep us updated hope it all goes well. I am sure the derm will be well knowledgeable and prescribe you the appropriate treatments.

Thank you! I will let you people know about my progress! Thanks for everything (: