Notifications
Clear all

Fess Up If You've Ever Mocked Or Insulted Someone Because Of Their Acne Before You Got Acne.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 03/26/2013 4:19 am

I have and several times, but it was only at one person and I didn't do it just for the sake of doing it. It was my friend, and I was always kind of a fitness freak, and one summer I let myself go and started to gain noticeable weight and said friend would always get on my case about gaining weight, so in return, I pointed out his acne (he's had mild acne pretty much his entire life), and started using his acne for insults later on too.

Whether it's karma or not, I've vowed to never ever use someone's skin condition as an insult again no matter what they throw at me. Unless they tan too much and act a douche to begin with, if they start it, then that's not off limits. :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/26/2013 5:26 am

Damn, I can't even confess to this because I was a chunky kid and I also got acne pretty early so I was never the type to tease on personal appearance. I guess in a way I grew up not wanting anyone to feel bad because if they said it to me I would feel bad. But that doesn't mean I didn't want to say it to people who were total douches. Hahaha.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 03/26/2013 6:06 am

I didn't, most likely because I got it aged 13 and acne before that age is rare. Though when someone insults you (A frequent occurrence in an all boy's school) you tend to use that person's most apparent "flaw" against them for a "witty" comeback, whether it's tactful or not, at the time it's irrelevant. I used to get insulted for my acne a lot, so in retaliation, I'd insult them for their weight, or something equally personal (There wasn't any malicious intent behind it, it's just the life in an all boy's school). If I didn't ever get acne, I'd probably have made fun of someone for it at least once, I'll be honest. There's a saying that seems appropriate here, "It's never a problem, until it's your problem".

Now to answer your question, no I haven't, but one of my brothers used to. Low and behold, he developed some pretty nasty acne that still plagues him today. At first I felt justice had been carried out appropriately, but now, knowing how damaging acne is, I still don't think that this is the way he should have learned his lesson. He never insulted my acne again after that...

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 03/26/2013 8:24 am

Never really got the chance, as I started getting acne at age 11, although I do remember thinking spots were disgusting. Having battled bad skin for so long, I feel really guilty for thinking this, but it just goes to show that unless you've been through acne yourself - you probably can't empathise. In my experience acne is like a repellent :(

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/27/2013 9:54 am

Yup my brother who is 6 years older than me, I use to say to him "Brian wheres the party at? On your face cuz its bumpin!" Lol that still funny to me but karma got my butt. Ever since I got my first pimple tho I haven't made fun of anyones skin, because I now know how it feels.

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/27/2013 10:10 am

Also got acne very early so I never mocked anyone. But this thread reminds me of something that happened not too long. A friend started dropping very hurtful and very obvious hints that I should start scrubbing my face better to get rid of acne. Then guess what happened - the next time we hook up I see that her normally perfect skin is covered in spots! Watch your words, people.

MemberMember
(@foreverbold)

Posted : 03/27/2013 7:58 pm

I was only eleven when I deveoped wide spread severe cystic acne on my face and body so I never had the opportunity to put anyone down for theirs because I had it before anyone else. I was the only kid in the entire school with acne, absolutely no one else had skin problems in the least except for the odd boy with a minor teeny tiny "chin zit" once in a blue moon.

However when I was 16 in high school I remember seeing this one boy with terrible severe jaw and neck acne (enormous pussy pimples with oozing white heads) and being totally grossed out by him, I did end up blurting out that he should probably see a dermatologist and that embarrassed him. That's the closest I ever got to insulting someone for their skin (I didn't mean it insultingly lol, it just sloipped out).

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 03/27/2013 11:56 pm

I did once when I was REALLY young...like maybe fourth or five grade, I think. This girl used to have lots of acne on her shoulders, and our personalities never meshed and I disliked her a lot, not because of the skin problems, but because we'd always argue and could never get along. One day I remember making some mean comment about her shoulders, and I regretted the hell out of it later. As we made it into high school we got on MUCH better terms as we both "grew up" in a sense, I even found out she had a crush on me, so we eventually became friends.

She's a stripper now working at one of the local clubs here in town. Girl has a bangin' body too, and even though she still gets some spots on her shoulders, she grew up to be a very pretty girl.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/28/2013 12:25 am

Nope - because I was the one who got acne before other people I knew. My younger brother used to tease me about it and I always thought 'just you wait until you get it' thinking that then I'd pay him back - but when he got acne I couldn't tease him about it at all because I know how bad having acne makes you feel in the first place (not to mention his was mild and didn't last long at all anyway).

I honestly wouldn't wish acne on anyone.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 03/28/2013 3:09 am

Nope - because I was the one who got acne before other people I knew. My younger brother used to tease me about it and I always thought 'just you wait until you get it' thinking that then I'd pay him back - but when he got acne I couldn't tease him about it at all because I know how bad having acne makes you feel in the first place (not to mention his was mild and didn't last long at all anyway).

Not even Hitler?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/28/2013 5:48 am

Not even Hitler?

haha well maybe Hitler... but he's not around anymore so it doesn't matter anyway :P

but you know what I mean - acne is horrible. Wishing that another person 'suffer' is a pretty big thing....

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 03/28/2013 3:13 pm

Not even Hitler?

haha well maybe Hitler... but he's not around anymore so it doesn't matter anyway tongue.png

but you know what I mean - acne is horrible. Wishing that another person 'suffer' is a pretty big thing....

If Hitler had bad acne, maybe he would have went into hiding and lived an isolated life instead. Just sayin'.

MemberMember
(@d90)

Posted : 03/28/2013 4:57 pm

Yep I called someone pepperoni face once. It's no wonder I'm alive surviving all this Karma!

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 03/28/2013 5:24 pm

Nope I never at all, probably because I got it at age 11 aswell as others on here. I actually thought EVERYONE in my whole school was meant to get it at some point lol, I was the only one in primary school in my class and I used to get the odd comment on it. The in high school I realised I wasn't alone. I remember being a little embarassed if someone commented but I was never as depressed about it as I am now in my 20's.

I notice NOW that I am more concious of acne and actually find myself analysing the faces of others with it, if I happen to come across someone. This is NOT in a negative way though, I guess I am comparing my acne to theirs..I dunno.

MemberMember
(@anday95)

Posted : 03/30/2013 9:37 pm

9th grade i was mad at this kid i cant remember why i thinki was just trying to be hardass since i was in highschool know and the kid had acne all across his jawline. and now begining of this year 3 years or so later i had acne worse then he did across my whole jaw line it was basically a chinstrap and it brought me to the brink of suicide and back. i felt so ugly and worthless

MemberMember
(@mariabo)

Posted : 03/31/2013 8:35 pm

I remember when I was in 6th grade and my sister was in 8th grade, she started breaking out on her forehead. She was trying to get ready for school and she was really upset trying to cover up her breakout and I said something like..."my skin will never be that bad" thinking I would never have acne. I remember this because I felt really bad and then she told me to "just wait" and she was right haha. She grew out of it completely but now at 23 I'm still dealing with cystic acne. I got mine!

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/03/2013 5:26 pm

Believe it or not in junior high when some kids started to get pimples I was kind of jealous. At the time I thought it was just a part of growing up and I thought it sucked that I had clear skin. I guess I felt I was a late bloomer or whatever. I was I didn't get bad acne until about 19. Ahh to turn back time...

MemberMember
(@nick-snover)

Posted : 04/03/2013 5:28 pm

Looks like i"m a little late for this but, I've never really ever made fun of people for anything relating to there appearance . So when i got acne It wasn't very fair but its has really, completely made me never say anything out loud (unless their jerks). Even now when thinking something negative I try to shake it off, seeing as I shouldn't be judging at all.

MemberMember
(@sarahsskin27)

Posted : 04/04/2013 12:40 pm

Yeah a little bit, and then I got acne (worse than theirs!) and felt really bad. :(

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 04/04/2013 7:44 pm

I started getting cystic acne when I was 17 but even back when I was clear, I didn't insult anyone. I didn't even take notice that people had acne whether it is severe or not.

MemberMember
(@31stcenturyteen)

Posted : 04/09/2013 12:43 am

Acne no, for something else maybe.

MemberMember
(@deggar)

Posted : 04/30/2013 6:56 am

No, I've never been the person to cause conflict or strike an insult at someone, but I do recall thinking to myself when I would come across a kid with bad acne "How is this possible, ah man! That looks like it hurts!" But, looking back I never dwelled too much on it. My face was pretty clear up until this past summer, but I must say having acne has really made me sympathize with others who have acne, as I now know what it's like to have a bad case of it.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/30/2013 7:10 am

When me and my cousin used to get in arguments (I was around 9-10 and she was about 16) I used to use her teenage acne against her. Karma came round and slapped me in the face.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/30/2013 7:55 am

When me and my cousin used to get in arguments (I was around 9-10 and she was about 16) I used to use her teenage acne against her. Karma came round and slapped me in the face.

Haha that's what my younger brother would do to me. Though karma hasn't got him back... maybe just given him a tap on the wrist? :P His 'acne' is very mild and clears fast. His skin is basically clear all the time. And I'm still stuck with acne rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/01/2013 6:29 am

Ive never made fun of anyones acne...I have joked about people being fat, not to their face, if I end up a heifer someday I guess it might be karma...eusa_think.gif