Notifications
Clear all

Acne Ruined My Life..

MemberMember
(@solofit)

Posted : 03/21/2013 4:59 pm

Grew up fairly normal. I didnt have any problems with money, girls, or even school. I took all that for granted until I lost it all.. I started developing acne at the age of 14 and it got worse and worse over time. It was only on my forehead before then it went to my cheeks my skin close to my ears, my chest, my back, my shoulders, my stomach, and my arms.. I envy people who have nice bodies to show off. Myself on the other hand, just hide in my shirt. I cant even wear shirts with really short sleeves cause almost my entire upper arm is covered in acne scars. I feel like I fought a battle and lost terribly... I lost the first girl I ever loved because of acne scars and who I became after she found out...

Can I ever be cured of this god ridden disease...

post-205172-0-64889800-1363902818_thumb.

post-205172-0-26737400-1363903104_thumb.

post-205172-0-64889800-1363902818_thumb.

post-205172-0-26737400-1363903104_thumb.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/21/2013 5:13 pm

Have you already been to a doctor?

MemberMember
(@solofit)

Posted : 03/21/2013 5:21 pm

Yes I have, but only in my own country. My mom doesnt want to show me to a dermatologist over here in the United States because she thinks itll be expensive.. My dermatologist prescribed me accutane, I was on it for 2 months before stopping cause of side effects(memory loss, depression, weaker immune system.) It worked wonders for me, but the benefits dont outweigh the side effects. I want to find a dermatologist here, but I dont know where to start. Im in college and I have no source of my own income. I also dont have insurance because my folks are in a different state from mine.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/21/2013 6:48 pm

You have a milder version of my case, I suggest you to visit derm as fast as possible and get steroid injections and later some laser treatment.

But let me break it down to you, you can't get rid of it you just can improve it, but hey it's better than nothing right?

GL :)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/21/2013 7:21 pm

go to a hospital they might help you financially

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 03/24/2013 6:06 am

welcome to the club despair... but how's your face situation listen if your face looks descent take full advantage of that some people wont ever get that chance.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/24/2013 7:14 pm

Is that inflamed acne or scars?

Do they itch?

Do you eat wheat or dairy?

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 03/24/2013 7:16 pm

Your girlfriend left you because of the acne, or u were saying she left you because u were depressed?

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/25/2013 1:30 am

how is ur face? thats the most important..

i also have scars in the areas like urs (in addition to alot of fucked up shit in the face, which is 1000 times more important to me) but not as bad, although i also have nasty strench marks in the hands and waist.. so if u add all up i think its as fucked up as urs.. and yes.. it sucks =/

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 03/25/2013 4:39 am

You say, "I feel like I fought a battle and lost terribly".

You only lose if you give in and stop trying. God loves a tryer (sp?) And if your girlfriend left you because of the scars only then she clearly was not right for you. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, as they say.

I think you need a good pick me up, whether that be going out with friends or family, take up a hobby, do you have a hobby right now? just SOMETHING to take your mind off of your body, if you keep concentrating on it and focusing on how much your life is shit because of this then you will just keep atttracting negative experiences towards your life PROVING your thoughts.

What were the factors leading upto you getting this on your body? Were you eating anything in particular for example? Maybe wearing a type of cotton that you could be allergic too?

MemberMember
(@solofit)

Posted : 03/26/2013 7:31 pm

Is that inflamed acne or scars?

Do they itch?

Do you eat wheat or dairy?

Its a combination of both, sadly. I used to, now I dont. I eat healthy and sleep regularly and it doesnt seem to stop.

Have you already been to a doctor?

I have seen a few dermatologists in my country. The first one gave me accutane, but I ended up getting severe side effects so I stopped it

You have a milder version of my case, I suggest you to visit derm as fast as possible and get steroid injections and later some laser treatment.

But let me break it down to you, you can't get rid of it you just can improve it, but hey it's better than nothing right?

GL smile.png

Thank you for the support, I wish I was able to afford those treatments, but right now im just finishing up college.

go to a hospital they might help you financially

They might refer me to a dermatologist, but I dont have medical insurance because my folks live in a different state.

Your girlfriend left you because of the acne, or u were saying she left you because u were depressed?

She left me because I became someone else throughout the course of our relationship. I became controlling and insecure, she was a perfect 10 in my eyes and knowing that made me feel really low about myself. (I was borderline fat in high school and I was horribly weak)

how is ur face? thats the most important..

i also have scars in the areas like urs (in addition to alot of fucked up shit in the face, which is 1000 times more important to me) but not as bad, although i also have nasty strench marks in the hands and waist.. so if u add all up i think its as fucked up as urs.. and yes.. it sucks =/

My face suffered from acne scars and acne. However, now I just break out occasionally.

You say, "I feel like I fought a battle and lost terribly".

You only lose if you give in and stop trying. God loves a tryer (sp?) And if your girlfriend left you because of the scars only then she clearly was not right for you. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, as they say.

I think you need a good pick me up, whether that be going out with friends or family, take up a hobby, do you have a hobby right now? just SOMETHING to take your mind off of your body, if you keep concentrating on it and focusing on how much your life is shit because of this then you will just keep atttracting negative experiences towards your life PROVING your thoughts.

What were the factors leading upto you getting this on your body? Were you eating anything in particular for example? Maybe wearing a type of cotton that you could be allergic too?

I try my best to be consistent with my treatments, but without the guidance of my dermatologist I fall off the boat. I was prescribed Lactoferrin in the Philippines and I was consistently taking it until I ran out. Just to clarify she didnt leave me because of my scars. She fully accepted me for who I am, but I became someone else during the relationship cause of my insecurities about being fat and suffering from severe acne scars. I have found a hobby that I really like, but at the same time its a double-edged sword. Im into weightlifting and bodybuilding sadly though I cant really show my true form and every time I train if I dont shower quickly enough my body acne will get worse. I guess the factors that played a role into this path are; my genetics, migration, and fastfood pigging out.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/26/2013 7:37 pm

So, they itch? Or..?