Notifications
Clear all

My Derm Had Acne!

MemberMember
(@lorman)

Posted : 12/20/2012 1:10 am

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share a crazy experience I had at the dermatologist several years ago. I had stubborn acne that did not want to go away so I decided to go the the derm and have her check it out. I was in the exam room and when she walked in, I saw that she had an acne break out that was worse than mine!! My mouth just dropped and my mind went blank lol! After the initial shock, I felt embarrassed so I lied and told her that my main reason for going was because I was having dry skin issues (lame, I know) and then I sort of mentioned my acne problem. She said lots of people struggled with it and kind of laughed as she pointed to her own face (it wasn't terrible, but still significant). She gave me a prescription for antibiotics and sent me on my way. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I left...I'm still not sure how I feel about that experience. Needless to say, I never went back to see her, though I do hope she was able to overcome of her acne issues.

BTW, the antibiotics didn't help at all, and after years of struggling with acne, I'm finally getting it under control with holistic methods.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share! Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 12/20/2012 5:36 am

That's kinda funny lol I never really wanted to treat my acne using antibiotics or creams but I guess it would feel a bit weird getting treated by a dermatologist who has acne too. Everybody's acne is caused by different things, so maybe she has helped other people with their acne but she hasnt yet found her own cure.. who knows..

What helped your acne most?