Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Totally Down Right Now

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 10/13/2012 1:32 pm

I feel a tad under the weather at the moment. I really should'nt though as Im meant to be a bridesmaid tomorrow at my fathers wedding! I should be happy about this. But I'm not, Im totally nervous and apprehensive. I never wear make-up, like hardly EVER...but there is going to be a make-up artist coming to do us all up, I feel a bit concerned in a way as I'm the only bridesmaid with bad skin and I worry that the make-up may affect me negatively.

Im also noticing more and more small skin coloured bumps on my face which is making me a bit paranoid to be honest, my forehead is more red too and Im totally concidering going on anti-biotics or taking the pill again to help my hormones out...but I know I should'nt do that because in the long run it will probably make things worse. Damn. I don't know.

Sorry I just had to express myself to people who at least know how I feel, its hard since my mum has told me that Im draining her with being upset all the time, Its been this past week Ive just cried and cried...I wonder if my time of the month is due soon. That's maybe why.

MemberMember
(@loladiamonds)

Posted : 10/13/2012 2:06 pm

Why did you get off the BC?

I understand why you're apprehensive about the makeup btw. I've been there. When my acne was cleared up (back in Feb) i went to sephora and got makeup happy. I bought A LOT of great products that only looked great on my face due to my clear skin. Then... yeah i started breaking out again bla bla. It's just not fun trying to "cover" your imperfections. And sometimes the blemish just look so much worse with powder covering it.

Just think about how the wedding will only be a few hours then you can get home and feel at ease again. I'm sorry about your mom too. I think my mom feels the same way. She just avoids me now when she sees i'm going through a new breakout.

I'm starting BC next week... so any tips you may have would be really great. or opinions in general =/

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 10/13/2012 3:30 pm

Thanks for replying :) I came off BC after about 4 years being on it due to personal reasons at the time. I started to think about the long term effects with it, and was worried about cancer and stuff. I just wanted to eradicate ALL chemicals fro mmy body at the time. Thats was just before I turned 19 and then I noticed my period ceased for a year and a half, I think it was my weight at the time though and a mixture of the pill that did that.

What BC are you going on? I was on one before I started Diannette, but it was Diannette which is meant to help hormones...although I can't really remember if it helped me out or not, looking at old pictures of my skin during that time I can see an improvement to what is like just now so it must have worked, I was mentally ill during that time so most of my memories are a little vague. I really hope it works for you though, keep me posted about with your progress! One thing which I noticed I found hard was to take a BC pill everyday, I skipped some which must have had adverse effects...Im quite a forgetful person :/ lol...so theres another reason why Im not sure about going on it again.

Yea I guess the make-up will only be on me for a few hours, its going to be such a long day! But Im looknig forward to a few glasses of wine.

MemberMember
(@loladiamonds)

Posted : 10/13/2012 6:25 pm

whine is so great. and actually beneficial. red or white? haha shifty.gif

the BC i'm going on is called Lutera. I've done like an entire research project on it lol. Idk how many review pages i read. some great results, some bad. all in all, it depends on the person i guess. I should be starting on Wed. since thats the first day of my next monthly. I have my fingers crossed!

Don't forget to post pictures from the wedding! I'm sure you'll look great. wub.png

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/13/2012 6:45 pm

I feel a tad under the weather at the moment. I really should'nt though as Im meant to be a bridesmaid tomorrow at my fathers wedding! I should be happy about this. But I'm not, Im totally nervous and apprehensive. I never wear make-up, like hardly EVER...but there is going to be a make-up artist coming to do us all up, I feel a bit concerned in a way as I'm the only bridesmaid with bad skin and I worry that the make-up may affect me negatively.

Im also noticing more and more small skin coloured bumps on my face which is making me a bit paranoid to be honest, my forehead is more red too and Im totally concidering going on anti-biotics or taking the pill again to help my hormones out...but I know I should'nt do that because in the long run it will probably make things worse. Damn. I don't know.

Sorry I just had to express myself to people who at least know how I feel, its hard since my mum has told me that Im draining her with being upset all the time, Its been this past week Ive just cried and cried...I wonder if my time of the month is due soon. That's maybe why.

You should give yourself a honey mask. Completely cleanses your pores (without purging) and leaves your skin smooth and glowing. A little sticky, yes, but it instantly helps my skin out. Just an idea. 😛 I add lemon as a booster. ^_^ Both natural antiseptics, smell good, taste good if you somehow get it in your mouth, and really help with any skin problems.