Notifications
Clear all

I Just Want To Stay In My Room All Day

MemberMember
(@thechosen1)

Posted : 10/08/2012 9:57 pm

I miss school all the time, not because I'm sick, but because I just can't take going to school knowing what other people are thinking. I get rejected and left out a lot. I hate it. I just want to stay in my room.

I'm sick of the little kids staring. I'm sick of my family trying to give me advice. I'm sick of being rejected and left out. I just feel like going to hide somewhere. I feel like covering my face up when I'm in public. I just wait till I can be home again and go to my room.

Those rare occasions when I forget I have acne quickly fade when I see a mirror or feel my face. I hate the teachers pestering me because I'm not getting work done because I just want to go hide. I hate wearing contacts because then I can see the acne on my face a lot more.

I hate that I feel like I have no one to talk to. I hate when I have painful acne and it hurts whenever I make any facial expression. I just want to hide and cover my face. I with I could just wear a ski mask everywhere or something.

I avoid going anywhere. I hate this...

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/08/2012 10:42 pm

Im sure I can speak for most people on here and say we've all felt the same way at one point. My guess is its not as bad as it seems. Most people are still going to accept you for who you are. It may not seem that way because you dont want to be around people. My suggestion is try to accept that you have acne, go to a dermatologist, and dont let it ruin your life.

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 10/09/2012 11:42 pm

are you actively fighting your acne? i find that when i have a regimen and stick to it, it helps me get on with my life. i will spend x minutes out of the day to take care of my acne, and then after that, know that i've done my best and that there's nothing else for me to do. you can worry for an entire day and it won't do anything to help your skin. just man up dude! you got this whole board of people that are going through the same thing as you.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 10/10/2012 12:58 am

I know exactly what your going thru and it's not as simple as manin up as others suggest. The feeling of not being comfortable in your own skin and doing everything to treat ur face yet you still look like shit while everybody around you has clear skin and they have no clue in hell how the fuck you feel inside is completely unfair and

bullshit. I would pretend to go to school and go park at a parking lot and fuckin hide for 8 hours cause my face literally looked like I was dying from a desease or some shit. The dark thoughts that have flown thru my mind as I just sat there staring at the sky scare the fuck out of me as I remember them now. Severe acne will fuck you up in the head if you dont find a way to get better. I suggest you look for a way of releasing ur anger maby thru weights, punching bag, running or maby even a musical instrument not only will you feel better about yourself but you will releive stress and be mentally healthier. The shit I mention has keepin me sane througout the years. How I cleared my severe acne? Zinc,chromium,magnesium,saw palmetto, sulfur ointment , foam cleanser, quit smoking weed quit drinking started taking probiotics like water Kefir. I'm not 100% clear but one cyst every month is hell of a lot better than 23 on each side of my face. Scars still fuck with me but ain't shit I can do about accept bitch and moan. Find ur cure, fuck everybody else that gets in your way and try to find your own peace of mind. If I could get decently clear I'm pretty sure anybody can.

Murph89 liked
MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/10/2012 7:16 am

I miss school all the time, not because I'm sick, but because I just can't take going to school knowing what other people are thinking. I get rejected and left out a lot. I hate it. I just want to stay in my room.

I'm sick of the little kids staring. I'm sick of my family trying to give me advice. I'm sick of being rejected and left out. I just feel like going to hide somewhere. I feel like covering my face up when I'm in public. I just wait till I can be home again and go to my room.

Those rare occasions when I forget I have acne quickly fade when I see a mirror or feel my face. I hate the teachers pestering me because I'm not getting work done because I just want to go hide. I hate wearing contacts because then I can see the acne on my face a lot more.

I hate that I feel like I have no one to talk to. I hate when I have painful acne and it hurts whenever I make any facial expression. I just want to hide and cover my face. I with I could just wear a ski mask everywhere or something.

I've been where you are and i can tell you staying in your room isn't the answer.

Let me ask you this. If you had a terminal illness and you knew you only had 1 year left to live? Would sit in your room feeling sorry for yourself or would you go out and make everyday count?

You have to treat acne with that attitude. It's there, it may be there for a very long time. Do your best to control it and make everyday count.

Fuck what others think, who cares? My attitude is this me take it or leave it. Don't like me? Fine, threes the door get the f*ck out of my life.

You need to try and surround yourself with positive people and people of a like mind. But you have to deal with this.

Treat everyday like it's your last and live your life.

MemberMember
(@greatsite18)

Posted : 10/10/2012 7:42 am

Gotta disagree with TakeToTheSkies. I logged on to write I just want to stay in my room all day today, and I see so do you. Ofcourse I dont recommend being a hermit everyday because its unlikely theres a lot to do in your room, but sometimes privacy is good. I also gotta disagree with your feelings of hate TheChosen1. Hate is a horrible word and much worse than any degree of acne. I hope you can come to terms with your hate and hope you'll discuss any such feelings before acting on them.

Anyway about how Im feeling today, the worst thing about it is I can only blame myself, and still I feel bad. My skin is like this today, I dont want to shave, I dont want to go outside. My neighbour has been an asshole since the day I moved in. Ofcourse I gotta move furniture and its going to make noise, but the guy has a fucking party at 3am on my first night and the music was really loud throughout my apartment. To make matters worse I was unwell when I moved in, and I felt so shit I really wasnt in the mood for confronting them about it, so I got up and went to the gym. Last night they were only watching TV, but who watches TV midnight at high volume in an obviously badly soundproofed apartment complex? An asshole. My neighbour is an asshole, thats life, and I gotta deal with it reasonably.

Now why my skin is bad: Yes I have a mild genetic disposition to acne, but I bring it on myself most of the time. Ive been eating food that common sense dictates is bad for me, yet Ive been eating it anyway for the hell of it. Now I dont want to leave my room, and Ive only got myself to blame, so Im going to stay in my room all day and try to make the most of it. Hope you have a good time!

ps I know to some my acne will look mild (and others bad), but everybody hurts

MemberMember
(@thechosen1)

Posted : 10/10/2012 1:27 pm

Im sure I can speak for most people on here and say we've all felt the same way at one point. My guess is its not as bad as it seems. Most people are still going to accept you for who you are. It may not seem that way because you dont want to be around people. My suggestion is try to accept that you have acne, go to a dermatologist, and dont let it ruin your life.

I have gone to a dermatologist, well an esthetician and gotten microdermabrasion and chemical peels and that stuff. But the results are really temporary.

are you actively fighting your acne? i find that when i have a regimen and stick to it, it helps me get on with my life. i will spend x minutes out of the day to take care of my acne, and then after that, know that i've done my best and that there's nothing else for me to do. you can worry for an entire day and it won't do anything to help your skin. just man up dude! you got this whole board of people that are going through the same thing as you.

Right now I'm waiting to do this cleanse thing: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/319794-acne-no-more-log/

I know exactly what your going thru and it's not as simple as manin up as others suggest. The feeling of not being comfortable in your own skin and doing everything to treat ur face yet you still look like shit while everybody around you has clear skin and they have no clue in hell how the fuck you feel inside is completely unfair and

bullshit. I would pretend to go to school and go park at a parking lot and fuckin hide for 8 hours cause my face literally looked like I was dying from a desease or some shit. The dark thoughts that have flown thru my mind as I just sat there staring at the sky scare the fuck out of me as I remember them now. Severe acne will fuck you up in the head if you dont find a way to get better. I suggest you look for a way of releasing ur anger maby thru weights, punching bag, running or maby even a musical instrument not only will you feel better about yourself but you will releive stress and be mentally healthier. The shit I mention has keepin me sane througout the years. How I cleared my severe acne? Zinc,chromium,magnesium,saw palmetto, sulfur ointment , foam cleanser, quit smoking weed quit drinking started taking probiotics like water Kefir. I'm not 100% clear but one cyst every month is hell of a lot better than 23 on each side of my face. Scars still fuck with me but ain't shit I can do about accept bitch and moan. Find ur cure, fuck everybody else that gets in your way and try to find your own peace of mind. If I could get decently clear I'm pretty sure anybody can.

Thanks for sharing. I would probably hide in my car too if I drove to school. I haven't been doing any drugs or alcohol though, so that's good I guess.

I've been where you are and i can tell you staying in your room isn't the answer.

Let me ask you this. If you had a terminal illness and you knew you only had 1 year left to live? Would sit in your room feeling sorry for yourself or would you go out and make everyday count?

You have to treat acne with that attitude. It's there, it may be there for a very long time. Do your best to control it and make everyday count.

Fuck what others think, who cares? My attitude is this me take it or leave it. Don't like me? Fine, threes the door get the f*ck out of my life.

You need to try and surround yourself with positive people and people of a like mind. But you have to deal with this.

Treat everyday like it's your last and live your life.

Thanks, this is something I'll try to apply to my life. I've tried to tell myself that I don't care what other people think, but I've never really believed it.

Gotta disagree with TakeToTheSkies. I logged on to write I just want to stay in my room all day today, and I see so do you. Ofcourse I dont recommend being a hermit everyday because its unlikely theres a lot to do in your room, but sometimes privacy is good. I also gotta disagree with your feelings of hate TheChosen1. Hate is a horrible word and much worse than any degree of acne. I hope you can come to terms with your hate and hope you'll discuss any such feelings before acting on them.

Anyway about how Im feeling today, the worst thing about it is I can only blame myself, and still I feel bad. My skin is like this today, I dont want to shave, I dont want to go outside. My neighbour has been an asshole since the day I moved in. Ofcourse I gotta move furniture and its going to make noise, but the guy has a fucking party at 3am on my first night and the music was really loud throughout my apartment. To make matters worse I was unwell when I moved in, and I felt so shit I really wasnt in the mood for confronting them about it, so I got up and went to the gym. Last night they were only watching TV, but who watches TV midnight at high volume in an obviously badly soundproofed apartment complex? An asshole. My neighbour is an asshole, thats life, and I gotta deal with it reasonably.

Now why my skin is bad: Yes I have a mild genetic disposition to acne, but I bring it on myself most of the time. Ive been eating food that common sense dictates is bad for me, yet Ive been eating it anyway for the hell of it. Now I dont want to leave my room, and Ive only got myself to blame, so Im going to stay in my room all day and try to make the most of it. Hope you have a good time!

I can definitely relate to this, but I still think TakeToTheSkies' I don't care what they think attitude is the best. I just need to use it.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/10/2012 4:26 pm

May i ask what led you to make that assumption about me?

So in between going to work today, then training for a fitness project i am doing, seeing my physiotherapist for a sports massage, coming home, cooking and cleaning, you assume that i had the time to stay in my house all day?

I may spend one day a week in my house all day, and yes it is good once in a while but all the time is unhealthy.

Also may be you shouldn't of made this thread about you and actually try to offer useful advice to the OP?

I found your post to be very negative indeed. Not being nasty just my opinion.

MemberMember
(@greatsite18)

Posted : 10/10/2012 5:03 pm

lol hold on there cowboy Im writing a long heartfelt message. My thought process goes like: TheChosen1 started a discussion which revolves around him, so while I pay my respect to the most recent message which was yours, the subject is not always specifically about you. The problem with being headstrong, as youve demonstrated quite perfectly, is that it detracts from ones sense of perspective. Ones concept of reality can be skewed, and thats what I feel is dangerous about your advice. Infact youve gone off on one which suggests youre a bit touchy and havent really dealt with your underlying issues. I welcome you to pm me if you want to chat.

TheChosen1 I know you write TakeToTheSkies suggestions suits you best, and hey I accept it might actually be best for you, but with the limited information we have there may be better alternatives. I dont want to bore you nor waste my time by ranting, I'll just wish you the best and like TakeToTheSkies you can pm me or we can continue the discussion here if you want.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/11/2012 6:53 am

lol hold on there cowboy Im writing a long heartfelt message. My thought process goes like: TheChosen1 started a discussion which revolves around him, so while I pay my respect to the most recent message which was yours, the subject is not always specifically about you. The problem with being headstrong, as youve demonstrated quite perfectly, is that it detracts from ones sense of perspective. Ones concept of reality can be skewed, and thats what I feel is dangerous about your advice. Infact youve gone off on one which suggests youre a bit touchy and havent really dealt with your underlying issues. I welcome you to pm me if you want to chat.

TheChosen1 I know you write TakeToTheSkies suggestions suits you best, and hey I accept it might actually be best for you, but with the limited information we have there may be better alternatives. I dont want to bore you nor waste my time by ranting, I'll just wish you the best and like TakeToTheSkies you can pm me or we can continue the discussion here if you want.

Again you misinterpret what i say.

You stated that

"I logged on to write I just want to stay in my room all day today, and I see so do you"

My question was. What led you to make that assumption about me?

I am head strong yes but that doesn't mean i am not sympathetic. Believe me i've been to do the dark places that everyone else has been through on here. I offer unbiased and factual advice. I won't tell people what they want to hear.

I'd much rather be to the point with someone and come across head strong and give them the tools to get through their issues than giving them rubbish adviice.

There is a distinct lack of realism from on this section of the forum. Many come on here crying out for help and advice but very few actually listen to what is being said. (Again not being nasty just being honest and factual, this is not a personal dig at anyone)

I've had acne for 17 years so i am not unsympathetic to anyone on here. I do take exception to people making assumptions about me though which you did.

You say. "Ones concept of reality can be skewed, and thats what I feel is dangerous about your advice. Infact youve gone off on one which suggests youre a bit touchy and havent really dealt with your underlying issues"

Again making assumptions when you know nothing about me. It's down to you how you interpret what i say which so far you have been consistently wrong. Take it has touchy that is you choice, however what you call touchy i call getting to the point and cutting the B.S

My advice would be for you read everything neutral rather than with emotion. You can think i've not dealt with my underline issues all you want but i can tell you i am one of the most balanced people you are likely to come across. That is all anyone needs to no about me.

MemberMember
(@thechosen1)

Posted : 10/11/2012 9:55 am

You stated that

"I logged on to write I just want to stay in my room all day today, and I see so do you"

I am head strong yes but that doesn't mean i am not sympathetic. Believe me i've been to do the dark places that everyone else has been through on here. I offer unbiased and factual advice. I won't tell people what they want to hear.

I'd much rather be to the point with someone and come across head strong and give them the tools to get through their issues than giving them rubbish adviice.

There is a distinct lack of realism from on this section of the forum. Many come on here crying out for help and advice but very few actually listen to what is being said. (Again not being nasty just being honest and factual, this is not a personal dig at anyone)

I've had acne for 17 years so i am not unsympathetic to anyone on here. I do take exception to people making assumptions about me though which you did.

You say. "Ones concept of reality can be skewed, and thats what I feel is dangerous about your advice. Infact youve gone off on one which suggests youre a bit touchy and havent really dealt with your underlying issues"

Again making assumptions when you know nothing about me. It's down to you how you interpret what i say which so far you have been consistently wrong. Take it has touchy that is you choice, however what you call touchy i call getting to the point and cutting the B.S

My advice would be for you read everything neutral rather than with emotion. You can think i've not dealt with my underline issues all you want but i can tell you i am one of the most balanced people you are likely to come across. That is all anyone needs to no about me.

Woah woah woah

greatsite18 was obviously talking about me when he said "and I see so do you."

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/11/2012 11:57 am

You stated that

Woah woah woah

greatsite18 was obviously talking about me when he said "and I see so do you."

Dude don't take what i say as aggressive or anything like that. That was merely the facts how i saw them.

That being the case then he should be more precise with his words and not make assumptions about people.

He used my name and "and I see so do you." in the same sentence. Where i come from that means he was addressing me.

Anyway, sorry to get off topic you have my apologies for that. I am equally responsible.

MemberMember
(@greatsite18)

Posted : 10/25/2012 7:03 am

Open your eyes mate.

Anyway heres me just now, obviously my skins a lot better. I have cheated a bit on the diet with some fish suppers and Ive been eating too many nuts; but the nuts will satisfy my fat from now and Ive bought a new set of electronic scales to measure exactly how much Im eating. The secret to my success is basically written in all my posts before this. Thanks for the help.