Notifications
Clear all

What's The First Thing You're Going To Do Once Your Acne Clears Up?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/06/2012 12:14 pm

I don't know xD.. what is w.e?

Well everyone is telling me that tell will fade with time :-??

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 09/06/2012 5:34 pm

Well everyone is telling me that tell will fade with time whistling.gif??

It does take a while. I still have the marks from some cysts like 2-3 months ago. I am sure I will have scars on those spot once the marks fade. My Dad has a lot of scars, so I am sure I will have scars on all this marks that I have now. Suckssssssssss.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/07/2012 1:01 am

Well everyone is telling me that tell will fade with time whistling.gif??

It does take a while. I still have the marks from some cysts like 2-3 months ago. I am sure I will have scars on those spot once the marks fade. My Dad has a lot of scars, so I am sure I will have scars on all this marks that I have now. Suckssssssssss.

Well I can tell you that I don't have any hole in my red marks, they are flat , oh God I hope they won't leave scars

MemberMember
(@onarope63)

Posted : 05/13/2013 6:41 pm

Realistically, I would break down and cry for hours. Not the tears of despair and anguish that usually come, but tears of joy from a sense of freedom that I would've not felt in years.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/13/2013 10:24 pm

hit on every sexy girl i can find, then i'll just go out like everyday. do something new, reach out to people. make good friends, just live with ease of mind. i'd make up for all the lost time i'v had and make this whole thing a memory nothing more. i think im getting close, just a few more scabs to heal and i'll finally be happy with myself. right on time too i'll be 20 in july i want to start this decade off right! i want to make my 20's the best years of my life! if i start of with clear skin, that won't be hard in the least bit. it would be a great and well earned contrast to my teen years. All i want is to be happy and be a pleasing guy to people that's all.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/13/2013 11:23 pm

If all my acne was gone I would literally never be home.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/14/2013 5:12 am

I would go to the beach.

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 05/14/2013 6:03 am

Take a picture of my face and not be horribly embarrassed or ashamed!

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/14/2013 7:14 am

My acne has cleared up!

Other than thank God, I bought a bathing suit because last year I didnt want to go to the pool/beach cause I was embarassed over body acne. this year Im clear so Im going to enjoy the waves and sun!!!

MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 05/14/2013 9:03 am

I agree with pretty much everything already mentioned...i think mainly it's just the freedom - no inhibitions, no insecurities, no constantly judging yourself and worrying about others judging you.

Feel like I have to point out though that whilst acne can be socially crippling and depression-inducing (from personal experience!), it could also be worse...it could definitely be better but personally I'm my own worst enemy, no one is stopping me from doing all the things I want to do because I have acne, I'm stopping myself...sometimes it's good to appreciate what I do have in life and not just focus on what I don't have (ie clear skin) because when I do EVENTUALLY get clear/ clearer skin I know for a fact my life won't magically become perfect just because my skin is perfect........therefore just because my skin is a disaster it doesn't mean my life has to be a disaster as well :)

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 05/14/2013 9:59 am

I have been clear before. Sometimes perfectly clear! Accutane worked wonders on me really.. I was on a tiny 20 mg dose.

Here's the thing though. I think for a lot of people, myself included, it's not the acne. it's that somewhere along the way, we started to believe a big lie.. a lie that society constantly drills into us. the lie is that we're not good enough.

Even when my acne was gone, I simply moved on to other things I'm severely self conscious about. I started obsessing over my big nose and tiny breasts and considering surgery and everything! My depression over being so flat chested took over my life practically. it's hard to believe.

my acne came back after I was done with Accutane, but much milder in comparison (no more bacne too, yay). and now I rarely even THINK about my other "flaws".

I guess I just need to learn to love myself just as I am. The fact is i just have terribly bad self esteem! I could look like a super model and I'd probably STILL beat myself up and agonize over some imagined flaw.

That said if my acne vanished tomorrow I'd be elated! I guess I'd still worry constantly it was going to return at any moment, I've grown a bit cynical. But still.. I'd probably put on some pretty eye makeup, a beautiful dress, and go out for a night on the town with friends. I'd eat whatever I wanted. I wouldn't spend an hour in the bathroom every night doing my regimen. And I wouldn't hide my face when I'm around my husband and we're in bad lighting. :)

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/14/2013 1:57 pm

I'm going to go on a shopping spree. I'm going to start wearing open-back/open-shoulder dresses or tank tops without worrying about the acne scars on my back and without having to cover up with a cardigan!!! Same thing with bathing suits. Fuck yeah.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/14/2013 3:18 pm

Even tho if my acne disappears i probably will start worrying about other things like my nose is too big my lips are too small my ears stick out my teeth aren't white I hate my hair my eyes are weird etc.

But I rather be acne free that's for sure.

MemberMember
(@misclegend)

Posted : 05/19/2013 9:32 pm

I will probably start doing mass approaches again approaching girls on the street, bus or train station for sex, because I will have much better odds if I had clear skin.

I will probably do it without clear skin at the beach, and hope that my physique is good enough to make up for my bad skin.

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 05/21/2013 12:28 pm

I'm going to buy a backless sundress and hit the beach!

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 05/21/2013 12:49 pm

Retire form the org also probably

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/21/2013 1:00 pm

I'm not clear yet but I havent had a cyst in years. Now I'm morbidly depressed because of the scarring. Never can catch a break.

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 05/21/2013 6:34 pm

Cut my hair really short or just shave it off.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 05/21/2013 6:43 pm

I will probably start doing mass approaches again approaching girls on the street, bus or train station for sex, because I will have much better odds if I had clear skin.

I will probably do it without clear skin at the beach, and hope that my physique is good enough to make up for my bad skin.

Please don't do that. Approaching random women on the street for sex is a really bad idea for so many reasons. x_x

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/22/2013 12:38 am

First thing I'm gonna do when I'm clear of acne is give acne the middle finger as it leaves and ensure that the door hits it on the ass on the way out.

MemberMember
(@zazupros)

Posted : 05/22/2013 12:49 am

Looking myself in a mirror in a bright place

MemberMember
(@seraphen)

Posted : 10/08/2013 6:33 pm

Confess to this girl i have a crush on

IDC what the answer is

It would make me feel alot more confident!

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 10/08/2013 8:34 pm

finally clear, feel like a newborn baby how the fuck do i walk?

hitea liked
MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/09/2013 1:02 am

you don't, first you crawl.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 10/22/2013 12:41 pm

I am so happy for you! :D I've definitely read all your posts on the "How are you feeling about your acne today" forum and the fact that you're clear made me smile! Congratulations!