Notifications
Clear all

Why Do You Want To Have A Clear Skin?

MemberMember
(@amy91)

Posted : 11/02/2011 6:23 pm

Good luck, Paul, u seem to be such a nice person. I hope things will get better for you as soon as possible.smile.png Watch some motivating movies and do research about inspirational reading (psychological articles), they helped a lot, when I was looking for my lost self-esteem. You can even write down the quotes or ideas you like from there. Seems to be an emotional recovery time!

MemberMember
(@creativedisplayname)

Posted : 12/28/2011 5:58 pm

I want clear skin

For the sake of my happiness

I've lost faith and much more because of acne

I want to be confident

I want people to not stare at my skin

I want to not have acne on my mind 24/7

I want to be more free

I want to get out of his depressed hole I'm in

I want to talk to my friends again and not avoid people just because of my ACNE

I don't want to think I'm vain because I care so much about my stupid skin

So many more .... I just cant handle acne no more.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/31/2011 5:18 am

I want to have clear skin because I want to be able to feel fresh and clean. I find acne makes me feel dirty and gross inside and out. Of course, being a teenage girl, I also want to have clear skin so I can look pretty. People tend to look at me and cringe when they see my skin. It hurts! I also want to stop wearing so much makeup. I want to feel free in my own skin. The insecurity within me will be gone once my skin is how I want it to be. I'm waiting for that day.

I read above that someone wanted a boyfriend? Girl, you don't need to have clear skin to have a boyfriend! I've got one and he's the sweetest ever. Don't worry about it, the right guy will come. You just wait. :)

MemberMember
(@jkitty03)

Posted : 01/01/2012 6:14 am

Having clear skin will make me feel I'm normal. Will not make me insecure. Will not make me afraid to face people. Will stop these hateful words I say to myself.

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 01/01/2012 9:44 am

Acne is always lurking in the back of my mind in some way or another, sometimes its gets to me badly, sometimes it doesn't.

I try to focus on it not getting me down because it truly is horrible when it does make you feel low.

Having clear skin would give me peace of mind and to be honest, my life wouldn't have been be half as stressful this past year if I didn't have acne.

So thats the main reason for me, to rule out the paranoia I get from acne and all the other negative thoughts and feelings that come along with it. I don't think my acne will clear up for a good while yet, so I don't want to be wishing for clear skin but it is interesting to think about what if I did have clear skin, would I be that much different?

Maybe I would take more risks, be more confident but who knows, we all just have to plow on I guess smile.png

MemberMember
(@ilyking)

Posted : 01/01/2012 7:30 pm

simply to regain my old smooth skin complexion and to boost self-esteem. I have hundreds of miniature blackheads which makes me appear dark when I am actually a shade of light brown, I've been called 'blick' and 'ugly' by my cousins/people at college and it really gets me down... I want to reverse this so badly :(

I remember when I used to be one of the most popular guys, I couldn't walk a few meters without having to speak to someone. But now I am a complete recluse, hiding away from society in front of a screen for 2 years...

MemberMember
(@dmb41)

Posted : 01/01/2012 11:25 pm

A lot of people want to be more confident, me being one of them. What I'm starting to learn, and look forward to: If you can grow to be confident (despite your acne, I know it's difficult, I'm still not there), but if you can become confident with acne, imagine what you can accomplish when your skin is clear.

MemberMember
(@beautifuldoll)

Posted : 01/01/2012 11:31 pm

i don't even know anymore to be honest

MemberMember
(@robert_nl)

Posted : 01/02/2012 2:57 pm

The question made me think of why I want clear skin, I guess it essentially comes down to my own feeling. I want to be clear so that I wake up in the morning, take a shower en put my clothes on and go outside. Now I wake up, take a shower, pat my face dry and apply BP, wait 15 minutes, apply moisterizer and stare in the mirror and feel bad and insecure.

I'm going to college and I have a pretty good job, I also have a lot of money for my age. The things I don't have are friends, a relation and self esteem. Acne isn't responsible for all bad things, but it is responsible for killing my self confidende and if I'm ever going to be clean than I can rebuild my confidence and eventually get (new) friends and possibly a girl friend (but that isn't really neccesary).

MemberMember
(@ghs10)

Posted : 01/03/2012 12:29 am

Well, why do I want clear skin? For many reasons.

I want to be able to have my picture taken without worrying about my acne

i want to be able to go out and be seen by people

pretty, that's a major one

have people stop staring at my acne for once and start looking at ME. I get made fun of a lot, getting called "pizza face" and whatever, and it's truly tough. If i had clear skin, I could prove to people that that's not who i really was, and that acne didn't label me as a person

for my parents and siblings - they're embarrassed to be seen with me sometimes

i could go on forever about why i want to have clear skin, but really, i don't want to bring my self-esteem to an all time low.

MemberMember
(@guillotinesavvy)

Posted : 01/03/2012 12:50 am

A) I make costumes for comic book conventions, and I hate looking like a stereotypical nerd with acne, especially since at those kind of events, people take your picture all day long, and a few of them are really outspoken and rude.

B) I just want to feel clean. We all know that cleanliness has little to do with acne, but the prejudice is so strong that it's hard to be perceived as a neat, professional person when your face is full of pimples.

C) Acne is pretty much my only insecurity about my appearance. I always think that when I clear up, I'll find something else to hate, but when I do have clear periods, I have so much confidence, and when I have breakouts, I just feel so, so low.

D) I feel really cheated that I have to deal with it, when nobody that I'm friends with does. It's so unfair that we have to spend hours in front of the mirror, trying the cake on the make-up, or constantly be explaining to people that no, we don't want their Proactiv. Its more normalcy than attractiveness that I want for my skin.

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 01/04/2012 7:33 am

im outgoing in nature and as a child.i want to bring that back i feel like i was sentenced to 5 years in prison hopefully it wont be 6,,

i want to have more confidence this is the only thing holding me back from everything

God help me :(

MemberMember
(@makethatchange)

Posted : 01/04/2012 2:35 pm

I'm surprised nobody mentions actual pain. I want clear skin because it's painful to have acne! ugh especially cysts. It's really fun to wake up and 1st thing to do is squeezing a painful zit! Such fun. 2 days ago I was in pain all day because I popped a huge zit and it wouldn't stop bleeding. My whole face hurt just because of 1 lousy pimple sad.png. 3 months ago I had a zit (maybe it was a cyst) on my ear and I couldn't sleep on that side for weeks. Or how about when you have a zit almost on your lip or near your eye? Just...no thanks.

I can't relax around people, if I'm in pain...

And of course, clear skin is simply better looking and I feel better when I'm clear.

MemberMember
(@somegirl0106)

Posted : 01/12/2012 8:42 pm

I want clear skin for a lot of reasons

1) I was always bullied for being ugly even before I had acne, now I'm even worse. I just don't want to feel so ugly anymore.

2) So I can stop spending all my money on facial wash products and dermatologists appointment

3) So I can stop hearing ignorant suggestions from people to help clear my skin. Such as try proactiv or just wash with plain water it will go away or just relax you probably just have acne cause you're stressed out. I know they are trying to help, but it's annoying because I've already tried so many things and people act like I continue to have acne because I'm not doing anything to try to get rid of it.

4) So I can actually have a chance at getting a boyfriend. I'm 20 and I've never had one boyfriend and if I continue to have acne this bad I'm doubtful I ever will

5) So I can make friends easier. People always say personality is more important, but they've done studies showing the better looking you are the easier you will make friends and acne takes away from attractiveness unfortunately.

7) So I can stop wearing a thick layer of foundation on my face everyday, which takes a while to apply evenly and then comes off on all my clothing, and is not cheap at all.

8) Better job opportunities. I have a job now, but at my college they are always looking for attractive girls to be waitresses at the bars here. It's always seemed appealing to me getting to be a waitress and get tipped and the status of working there with all the pretty girls. Also seems like a better job to get a social life unlike my current job. But I wouldn't dare apply with all the acne on my face now.

9) So I can stop feeling different (inferior) because of my appearance. I've always had something that made me weird looking. Before I had acne I had extremely frizzy hair, weird bushy eyebrows, bags under my eyes, was extremely skinny. In the past couple years I've managed to fix most things. I got a hair straightener, learned how to tweeze my eyebrows, found some good makeup to cover my under eye circles, gained a little weight. But as soon as I get all that down, my face starts breaking out uncontrollably. Right in the middle of college when everyone has completely clear skin.

10) So I can focus on things that are more important without having to divide my energy between that and finding a way to get rid of my acne. I'm in college so I should be using all my energy to do well in school, making friends and stuff. But I spend way too much time and energy on my acne. It sucks.

Well that's pretty much all I can think of for now. Sorry for ranting lol.

MemberMember
(@tyga)

Posted : 01/12/2012 11:52 pm

Because I want to be free.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne202)

Posted : 01/13/2012 9:49 am

I want clear skin because I want to be able to stop spending an hour or more covering it everyday , so i can go out more and meet people,and so that the bullying and years of comments can fade and I don't have to be depressed or cry over something I can conquer .

MemberMember
(@vcpd)

Posted : 01/13/2012 6:31 pm

To join the rest of the population and not feel like a socially excluded person.

MemberMember
(@kissdonttell)

Posted : 01/14/2012 2:09 am

So I can have something in my life to be happy about.

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 01/14/2012 3:33 am

i want clear skin because i want clear skin :P

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 01/15/2012 2:05 am

If u Look Good u Feel Good. thats why.

19 yrs old with no job. no college. no confidence since acne came in.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/15/2012 5:14 am

Because I feel ugly and don't want to have to worry about when I'm next going to get a zit.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 01/16/2012 12:30 am

many reasons compiled into 1: i want my self back, my happy self, my confident self.

i want it so that when i go out i dont have ppl looking, feeling sorry for me, lookin at ya weird, starring.i want to "normal" and not "that guy with.."

i want not have to worry about it, worry about taking my vitamins, revolving my life around it. Its better now but even after the worst of it i still feel like its there and i still cant look people in the eye or feel "proud" and "confident". Be nice to have someone special to to be with.. which i think if i looked better would happen then... idk.

MemberMember
(@rii)

Posted : 01/16/2012 12:56 am

I hate acne so much. Seriously, I thought I was done dealing with it after accutane, but NOPE. No such luck. My skin has started breaking out again. Lucky me.

Here is the major reason I want clear skin: Because for the few months after I stopped accutane, I felt the best I had felt in years. I felt so much more confident, made more friends, was willing to be more social, didn't have to wear makeup, etc. People would compliment me on my skin and it made me feel really good. But now I feel uncomfortable in my own skin again. I look in the mirror and feel like crying. I HATE wearing makeup because I feel like it's somehow fake, like people aren't seeing me for who I really am because I feel ugly and embarrassed and have to cover up. I feel helpless. I have literally tried everything. Even accutane. I am at my wits end, I am seriously going to go insane if this keeps happening to me. I'm 21, none of my friends or the people I work with have acne. I feel alienated and alone in this struggle, no one in my life can empathize. When my skin gets bad, I isolate myself. And when isolation isn't an option (like I have school or work) I spend the entire day trying to avoid certain lighting, sunlight, etc. Or just avoiding people altogether. I'm so sick of dealing with skin problems. I can deal with my scarring, but I can't deal with acne. I'm sick of it.

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 01/16/2012 2:50 pm

Mostly to just feel comfortable in my own skin. Everyone tells me I'm handsome, cute, etc. but when I have acne it really gets me down. Kinda like I'm not living to my full potential if that makes any sense. It feels great to have a clear face though, it's hard to explain. You just feel as though you can get into any social situation and own it. When I had my acne at its worst I just wanted to hide under the covers all day.

MemberMember
(@the-darkest-cloud)

Posted : 01/16/2012 6:43 pm

Confidence. And boost my chances with the best females 😉