Notifications
Clear all

you know its bad when..

MemberMember
(@realtalk)

Posted : 02/26/2010 2:30 pm

You're the #1 poster on the top 20 poster list for 2 days in a row.

hotglue01 liked
MemberMember
(@realtalk)

Posted : 02/27/2010 3:48 pm

You're rubbing piss on your face!

never did though

hotglue01 liked
MemberMember
(@username48)

Posted : 02/28/2010 1:38 am

when the cysts on your back make it too painful to do the most basic things like sit in a chair or lay down.

when you find yourself in the bathroom, spraying yourself with apple cider vinegar, and the smell is so strong it burns inside your nostrils.

MemberMember
(@jen0489x)

Posted : 02/28/2010 1:56 am

When you ride a bus two hours and pay 300$ out of pocket at age 14 to go to the dermatologist and get acne medications because you're too embarrassed to tell your parents.

when you have no pictures of your teenage years

you grow your hair long to put it in front of your face

you nearly fail swim class because you refuse to go underwater cuz your makeup will come off

you sit inside for 3 weeks without leaving your house when you had a bad outbreak

you feel like your skin has dominated your whole life

MemberMember
(@rw000)

Posted : 02/28/2010 2:44 am

when you have no pictures of your teenage years

you grow your hair long to put it in front of your face

you sit inside for 3 weeks without leaving your house when you had a bad outbreak

Those 3 are spot on. Heck, I'm a guy and I grew long hair to cover my face a few years ago.

Also, care to elaborate on your story about taking the bus to a dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@tha-caveman)

Posted : 02/28/2010 3:37 am

When you check the reflection of your cell phone screen to check up on your face.

You couldn't manage the past three relationships because how badly acne messes with your head.

When your done going to the bathroom and before you wash your hands you step really far away from the mirror and slowly walk up closer.

When your laying down with your new significant other and they out of no where say, "damn you have a lot of whiteheads, mind if I pop em?" /facepalm

You feel like a time bomb, ticking away, and until acne stops you'll explode and finally start living :D

Olivia94 and Albow liked
MemberMember
(@janedoe26)

Posted : 02/28/2010 3:38 am

When you feel like a criminal for eating a cheeze burger.

MemberMember
(@tha-caveman)

Posted : 02/28/2010 3:50 am

If you had to go up against a person in a boxing match and if you beat them, you would have perfect skin, you would knock them the fuck out like no other. ;p

MemberMember
(@realtalk)

Posted : 02/28/2010 6:23 am

You know its bad when almost all of these replies relate to you

MemberMember
(@happylife)

Posted : 02/28/2010 6:30 am

I feel exactly the same, and sometimes I feel so helpless that I just can't stop crying, even though I know that nothing's going to change after that.

MemberMember
(@realtalk)

Posted : 02/28/2010 2:11 pm

I feel exactly the same, and sometimes I feel so helpless that I just can't stop crying, even though I know that nothing's going to change after that.

If only our tears cleared up our acne.....

MemberMember
(@hellstorm)

Posted : 02/28/2010 2:16 pm

when you don't want to go to the beach, because you're afraid your face will turn red and nasty from using harsh acne products+ being in the sun

when you wait until your roommate's friends leave the room so you can take the thick layer of foundation off your face without them seeing your disgusting acne ridden face. (this was when i was in college in dc...the reason i got so many zits was because i left my make up on allll day)

when you don't go to your cousin's birthday because you don't want your family to see how horrible your skin looks

MemberMember
(@hellstorm)

Posted : 02/28/2010 8:36 pm

OMG... a horrible thing happened to me today. you know these people who work at the mall and sell beauty/acne products? the people who work kiosks in the mall? well for the first time, i got attacked by them and the guy was trying to lure me into buying proactiv. made me feel awful!

MemberMember
(@soxfan24)

Posted : 02/28/2010 11:18 pm

When you find a new zit and it totally ruins your whole day, no matter what else happened.

when even the secretaries at the dermatologist know you by name, without looking at your chart

MemberMember
(@november-rain)

Posted : 03/01/2010 7:32 pm

when you spend too much time reading the "Reviews" on acne.org

when you spend too much money buying and testing out the products in the "Reviews"

when you skip class to go to the derm for emergency injections

when you can't focus on important things, like schoolwork cuz youre too busy focusing on acne

when you purposely skip out on seeing friends.. no matter how much you miss them

when you get nervous when you get a facebook notification that you've been tagged in a picture

when you stop going to the gym.. cuz you'll have to wash your face first therefore it gets red and gross

when you feel like theres no point in even trying to flirt.. or feel stupid for even trying

when you write this many "you know its bad when.."

MemberMember
(@acnevictimfor12yrs)

Posted : 03/03/2010 5:17 am

Its bad when u search for the darkest corner to sit in a resturant..

Or you are happiest when u are in a movie theatre coz thats where no one can see the horrible breakouts...

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@g-town)

Posted : 03/03/2010 7:03 am

- when you wake up in the morning you slowly run your finger against your face to check for new bumps before leaving your bedroom.

- the side effects of accutane seem like nothing and you get angry at your parents for being concerned about them.

- you have broken something because you were so angry about your acne (I punched a hole in the living room wall).

- you get angry at people for touching your face

hotglue01 liked
MemberMember
(@kmiller)

Posted : 03/03/2010 11:46 am

When the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is look at your face.

After you wash your face at night you constantly check your face in the mirror before you go to bed.

When you try to sleep on your back instead of your sides.

when you go to a drugstore and have to buy products that work for you

you have to buy specific makeup that works for you

when you are always looking at other peoples skin and wishing I had that.

When you see a whitehead and you know you shouldn't pick at it but you do it anyway.

when you don't look in the mirror when you wash your hands

when you have to put concealer directly on the spot just to cover it up

when you try things like toothpaste, nersporin, and other things and hope and pray that they work

when you resort to using natural remedies because the medications don't do crap.

during the day you realize that your touching your face and you go "oh crap don't touch my face!"

when you think other people look at you and all they see it your acne

when you cry at night, and wish that your skin was clear

when you imagine what your skin would look like if it was clear

when you go to the dermatologist and they reccomand accutane.

when someone tells you "Have you thought about using proactive?"

when you go on diets and drink water to clear it up.

as soon as you get home you look in the mirror at your skin.

when you have scarring from past acne

when its all over you body ( thank god its not for me)

when you pray to god for clearer skin

you envy other people who have clearer skin then you

when you wish you were just one of those kids who didn't have to suffer with acne

when you join acne acne support group

when you think of 25 things to answer the statement "you know its bad when"

sammyq, SuppleSwap, Valerie44 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@realtalk)

Posted : 03/03/2010 1:11 pm

@kmiller=WoW dude. Pretty impressive list.

You know its bad when you swear at the people doing the pro-active commercial. Everytime one of those f*cking commercials come on I start talking sh*t to the tv cuz they're so full of sh*t I hate them.

You know its bad when an acne commercial comes on (either tv or radio) when you're with a friend and as soon as you hear it's about acne you bring up something to talk about so they dont hear the commercial. Happened to me the other day. I'm with my friend.....Pro-active commercial comes on the tv...and I start a conversation about global warming....Never in my life have I ever talked about global warming but at that moment in time I was a f*ckin expert scientist on the sh*t. Til the commercial ended.

sammyq, elliecloud, SuppleSwap and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@realtalk)

Posted : 03/03/2010 1:12 pm

And you know its bad when acne.org is listed as one of your favorite websites on your toolbar.

MemberMember
(@aris786)

Posted : 03/07/2010 8:59 am

You know it's bad when You decide whether you will shave or not according to the severity of your breakouts....

MemberMember
(@aris786)

Posted : 03/07/2010 9:03 am

And you know it's bad when The only Day for you wait is The day when you will have finished your Accutane course....

MemberMember
(@aris786)

Posted : 03/07/2010 9:20 am

when teacher ask Question and you know the answer but still you don't raise your hand because people will see your face.....

when you see a person with acne and try to convince your self that your face is not as bad as him....

*moderator edit*

when you keep asking your self "why is god punishing me like this?" "what is my fault?" "Why only me?"

when the only thing you pray to god is ACNE FREE LIFE........(Plz god help me out...)

when you don't participate in any of extra curricular activities in school because of your low self esteem......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please god don't do this to me...

MemberMember
(@realtalk)

Posted : 03/07/2010 11:33 am

You ask your derm for a doctor's note excusing you from work/school because of a breakout

MemberMember
(@mbbento)

Posted : 03/07/2010 11:48 am

when visiting Acne.org is part of the daily routine

sammyq liked