Notifications
Clear all

I can't take it anymore

MemberMember
(@mr-blonde-2)

Posted : 01/13/2009 12:45 am

I can't take this anymore. I hate waking up only to think more about my acne. I go to school only to wonder what people think about it. Everywhere I look at school I see clear skin. All my friends have clear, flawless skin. They don't need to do anything to control their skin except wash it. They don't need to go see a derm and get a bunch of prescriptions that do nothing but make it worse. I am fed up with looking bad and feeling worse. I am not good looking and acne does not help. I am so sick of this, I just wish it would end. All I want to do is sit alone in my room where no one can see me. I can't focus in school because all that goes through my head is how awful I look. Girls ignore me but hang all over my friends. I have no self confidence because of my acne and I feel awkward doing anything. I have no one to talk to. My parents don't know anything and all the lend is generic support that doesn't make me feel any better. My friends don't have any of these problems because they have clear skin and I don't feel comfortable talking to them. I have tried positive thinking but it is all worthless when I look in the mirror. I am hoping I can talk to people on here with similiar problems.

Kyoshiro liked
MemberMember
(@maggie-ragon)

Posted : 01/13/2009 12:50 am

hi!

i have gone through this too..where i just felt completely horrible about myself..

i just started accutane about a month ago and i can already see some progress..

maybe you should ask your derm about it ?

everything will get better, i promise :)

MemberMember
(@shallowbastard)

Posted : 01/13/2009 1:18 am

i don't know if shit is gonna get better like this guy on top is saying but apparently many people in this website are miserable and wish they were dead so you're not alone,

i for once am one of those miserable shallow bastards, i think about my acne and the scars everyday for the last 3 years, it killed my personality and my life in general,

cheers.

MemberMember
(@yo-adrienne)

Posted : 01/13/2009 1:30 am

i know exactly how you feel. like there is no end in sight! it would be so much easier if you had some idea of how long your acne would last. i suffered with acne for about 10 years and had tried EVERYTHING on the market. i couldnt stand the thought of having ance for the rest of my life. i would rather die that deal with acne forever! so one day i made the decision to go on accutane (even though it is a controversal drug with a lot of side effects) i figured it was my only shot. the first 10 weeks were really hard... but now my skin in 100% clear and has been for a month. words cant express how happy i am. i have my life back and finally feel like ME. there are a lot of people on this site that do nothing but bash accutane... but im REALLLLLLY glad i tried it. otherwise i would be sitting in my room crying like usual. maybe consider it? otherwise... i hope you find somthing else that helps you! i really do feel your pain. good luck

MemberMember
(@mochichan88)

Posted : 01/13/2009 1:46 am

My good man...er...guy...friend. You are in the right place. This site is filled with people looking for a way to alleviate their acne problems and a place to vent out. Many people here understand your situation. My dad can barely look at me, my mom keeps staring at me as if I'm diseased, and it doesn't help at all that my friends have smooth baby-butt skin. BLAH. But you know what. You just have to keep living on. What else can you do ya know? To let acne take over you life and rob you of all the joy and fun (and the debilitating economy, oh yay jk!)...well, that's not what you want right? It's hard, but you've got to keep pushing onward. You'll find something for your acne. Just keep searching, keep asking, keep living and having fun, and keep venting if you need to. Punch someone if that'll help you (and it will, believe me :Pv)

MemberMember
(@candystriper)

Posted : 01/13/2009 2:17 am

hehe ^^ I like the response above me.

you're not alone. I know how you feel. I'm going through it, too. You just gotta get a ;ljew;lajf attitude and tell others,"so what? at least I'm doing something about it. now run along now and mind your own l;fkjewaf business!" :)

it's hard,yeah but you just gota BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK *HUGS*!!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/22/2009 10:33 am

God, dude, I know exactly what you're going through, but try having your "best friend" tell you that your face looks horrible all the time, like I can't freakin look in a mirror.

Acne's a bitch, and parents are no help because they think it will clear up, they're not teenagers anymore and they forget what it's like to grow up with this kind of shit.

High School also sucks, let me tell you, I don't have bad acne anymore, my skin is pretty clear, but I still HATE high school! Glad it's my senior year though.

The only thing I can tell you is to stick it out, and if you really can't then there's always therapy, lol, sorry but I'm serious, it really does help to talk to someone.

Just always remember that you're not the only one who's suffering from this curse, and that there are always people who really do have it worse.

And having a girlfriend really isn't that big a deal, my boyfriend's friend is 22, he's the smartest kid I've ever met and he's never even kissed a girl.

MemberMember
(@michelle-e-t)

Posted : 02/22/2009 2:05 pm

I can't take this anymore. I hate waking up only to think more about my acne. I go to school only to wonder what people think about it. Everywhere I look at school I see clear skin. All my friends have clear, flawless skin. They don't need to do anything to control their skin except wash it. They don't need to go see a derm and get a bunch of prescriptions that do nothing but make it worse. I am fed up with looking bad and feeling worse. I am not good looking and acne does not help. I am so sick of this, I just wish it would end. All I want to do is sit alone in my room where no one can see me. I can't focus in school because all that goes through my head is how awful I look. Girls ignore me but hang all over my friends. I have no self confidence because of my acne and I feel awkward doing anything. I have no one to talk to. My parents don't know anything and all the lend is generic support that doesn't make me feel any better. My friends don't have any of these problems because they have clear skin and I don't feel comfortable talking to them. I have tried positive thinking but it is all worthless when I look in the mirror. I am hoping I can talk to people on here with similiar problems.

I feel the same, and i am 23 nearly... :( Sorry i couldnt help)

MemberMember
(@eminemdn_)

Posted : 03/17/2019 4:19 pm

Sir its been 10 years, please update usbecause, at the moment i am going through exactly the same thingyou were!

MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 04/15/2019 1:33 pm

On 1/13/2009 at 12:45 AM, Mr. Blonde said:

Did you ever think about Spiro in larger doses? Look i know it is for girl but you can take it until you hit your 20's and maybe your hormones will straighten out....i know it is drastic but if this is last resort even after accutane it might be a option.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 04/15/2019 1:39 pm

Soolantra creme for rosacea, helped a lot with cystic acne in my case but also I took ivermectin orally(Stromectol).