Diindolylmethane (DIM) Reviews

Diindolylmethane (DIM)

Game changer

I suffered from mild acne as a pre-teen/teenager with some moderate cystic acne here and there, but it was totally manageable with spot treatments and OTC face cleansers. Around age 21/22, my face erupted with cystic acne. My jawline was often covered with extremely sensitive, inflamed cysts. I would break out during ovulation and then again during PMS (so about every week and a half). So as soon as one breakout would even start to clear, another one would start.Birth control didn't help (may have in fact made it worse) and topical treatments did absolutely nothing. Antibiotics would help for short periods, but this is NOT a long-term solution. I came across reviews for DIM and did not have high hopes, but was willing to try everything. I use Nature's Way DIM-plus Estrogen Metabolism formula (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009F3RP6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1). I take the recommended 2 capsules, twice a day for intensive use. After just a month, my jawline was starting to clear and no new cysts were appearing with ovulation or PMS. If anything did pop up, it would be one or two cysts maximum (which to some, may be a terrible breakout, but to me, was a drastic improvement). It has now been about 4-5 months since I started taking this supplement and I plan on continuing. After another 3-4 months, I plan on reducing to 1 capsule twice a day so as not to take the intensive dose. I highly recommend for anyone suffering from hormonal cystic acne (especially if you're on birth control). This has been a total life changer!!

Helpful but not for me

After basically a decade of horrible acne and trying EVERY product I could get my hands on, I finally had my skin crystal clear, then I went off birth control pills and it was horrible again! I tried DIM for a little over a month hoping to level my hormones. Taking 2 pills per day, my skin was starting to look better but I realized it was making my period very irregular- I was just spotting instead of ever getting a period (pregnancy scare!). I cut my DIM dose and my period went almost immediately back to normal, but this lower dose is now too low to see any skin benefits. So the search continues once again :( now I’m trying another supplement called acnetame. If anyone has any questions about my DIM experience please feel free to reach out.

Estroblock- It works

I have been taking estroblock (regular strength) for a little over a month and it has completely cleared up my skin. It started working within the first week. I am a 31 year old female and have struggled with acne since I was 11. I had clear skin while on birth control but once i stopped taking my acne became pretty severe. It gave me headaches for 10 days when I first started taking it but they went away on their own and I have no had any other side effects. I read on amazon reviews that for some people it stopped working after a few months so I will make an effort to update this if something changes or every six months. Good luck everyone!

Are you still taking this? How many mg of DIM were you taking per day?
I wanted to provide an update to my original review. I have now been taking Estroblock for about a year and it is still working perfectly. I am completely acne free and so happy. I started by taking the recommended dosage of two pills a day of regular strength but now I am less regimented about this. If I take one pill every couple of days or skip a week it still keeps me acne free. I should note that I recommended this product to my sisters who also struggle with acne and it didn't work for them. Their acne is a bit different than mine though. I used to get very inflamed acne and cysts mostly around my mouth area. I never had acne on my forehead or that type of acne which looks like a lot of small, non-inflamed pimples, so perhaps this works best for a certain type of hormonal acne. Anyway its definitely worth a shot. I can't believe there are only 6 reviews for this product. I tired so many things and this was the only one that actually worked. Wishing you all the best of luck! Don't give up, you will find something that works for you, just keep trying!

Finally-- a cure!

After 25 years of trying every single OTC & RX acne cure on the market (with only temporary or no results, I finally stumbled upon a website that recommended the DIM + Vitex treament. I couldn't believe that within 1 week, my skin was no longer bumpy and breaking out. My hormonal acne all over my skin was almost gone. After a few months now, I can say that perhaps 1 small pimple happened at PMS time, and then nothing more. One caveat: if you are taking the recommended dosage on the bottles and get headaches, add in Milk Thistle. I should have started out more slowly anyway and might have not gotten the headaches. I took 1 DIM + Vitex in the am & pm. Now up to 2 pills twice daily. --a 39 year old mother of 3)

Estroblock

I've never been compelled to write a review for any product, but this one has changed my life. I have suffered from severe hormonal/cystic acne, blackheads, oily skin and scarring for most of my adult life. I have tried every supplement, diet change, face wash, antiobiotic under the sun, this is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Try it, you will not regret it!

Believe me when I say this works especially for Hormonal Acne

A few years ago I suffered from serious breakouts on my chin and I bought DIM Plus by Nature's Way. Within a month or two my spots cleared up and after a year or so of taking the product my pimples never came back. I am on the pill now so I am back to using it as it helps ease some small breakouts which occur. It's fantastic.

Estroblock

I have suffered from severe acne for years. I have even been on ACCUTANE TWICE and an still was having issues with my skin. I started taking Estroblock 3 weeks ago and it has cleared up my skin immensely. I currently only have 2 small pimples and compared to 3 weeks ago, that is AMAZING!!!! I would definitely suggest this product to ANYONE who suffers from hormonal acne (around the chin and jawline area) or acne in general. I strongly recommend doing your research on Estroblock (or any product) before buying. I would suggest to check out the amazon reviews and The Love Vitamin website. I have VERY stubborn acne and so far, this supplement has been a acne miracle!!! :) It is kind of expensive ($40.00 for 60 capsules), but I have suffered from acne for so long and I also have a lot of acne scarring, I do not mind paying that much for the product because it does REALLY WORK! Also, BE patient. Like ANY medication, prescription or supplement... it takes a while for your body to absorb.. so it may take a few weeks or months to see major improvements... so JUST BE PATIENT!!

how many a day do u take and what strength
hi! did you stop eating dairy while taking the supplements?

Tried DIM---powerful but in the wrong way!

heart palpitations increased acne increased hirsutism I began taking DIM a few months ago for PCOS (acne and hirsutism. I felt that if I could lower my androgen levels, the symptoms of PCOS would greatly improve. DIM is marketed as a potent anti-androgen, so I tried it. My face broke out more, my scalp hair began falling out more, and my arm hair got thicker and it started t grow on the tops of my hands! I just kept taking it for several weeks, hoping that things would get better, but I had to stop the DIM when I started having heart palpitations. After much research, I believe that the DIM lowered my estrogen more than it lowered my testosterone. It may work for some people, but it is really potent, and it did not work for me.

Hey, this is a REALLY crappy brand. I use DIM Detox by Pure Encapsulations and it cured my hormonal acne. I also suffer from ovarian cysts and had one surgically removed before. Never had a problem since I went on it. Three of my friends also use it and their acne is gone.

Popular Vitamins/Supplements