Baking Soda Reviews

Baking Soda

99f

No help

I tried drinking this and applying topically but didn't work for me

It works but be ware!

I get Hormonal acne I am an adult over 30! My skin is normally clear but all of a sudden I got lots of breakouts for over a month and because I'm a picker it left black marks. I tried everything alo vera, vitamin C, lemons ECT... but I didn't give up because I'm a fighter LOL so my next thing was trying baking soda. I've tried baking soda before and it irritated my skin really really bad. This time I read an article that you mix it with vitamin E oil or Rosehip oil or vitamin C cream natural. I did this as a spot treatment only once again only use it as a spot treatment not all over your face is too harsh for your whole face. I woke up the next morning and my acne dark marks were noticeably lighter yay! 😀 Never use it on open sores or already pop pimples wait until they heal. While they're healing spot treat with Desitin diaper rash cream with zinc trust me. Next morning I woke up and my scars were lighter I'm going to do it again. I have supersensitive skin I advise if you do have supersensitive skin like me be careful and make sure use a light oil like rose hips after put right on after you wash the baking soda off. But don't leave the Rosehip oil on all night leave it on for about 20 minutes and then take a warm towel and wipe it off . I also use black African soap and it's very effective for keeping new bumps from coming on and drink plenty of water at least 10 cups a day good luck everyone if I have more news I will share you do likewise .

Use with extreme caution

Baking Soda should only be used for those who have congested pores.... NOT CYSTIC ACNE! I often use Baking Soda mixed in with my cleanser as a gentle way to exfoliate! It helps to get those pesky black heads out of my nose and to give my face a refreshed look... Only use 1-2 times per week!

Comments

Please don't use baking soda, vinegar, or lemon juice on your skin!

Baking soda gave me horrible, inflamed acne, and when I did some research, it turns out that is not at all surprising. The skin naturally has a protective"acid mantle" and healthy skin has a pH of around 4.5. Any product you use on your skin should be between about 3.5 (for something like a BHA or AHA treatment, this can be irritating, but is a valid part of some acne routines) to 5.5 for cleansers. If you disrupt the acid mantle, you create an alkaline environment that bacteria loves and damage to the skin that again, just lets bacteria party. You can read more about this here. [link edited out] For the same reasons, don't use white vinegar (apple cider may be okay) or lemon juice on your skin, as these are too acidic. Just because something is natural does not mean it is safe to apply to the delicate skin on your face!

Found it didn't work

I have moderate acne, not severe, but pretty bad. I've used this method multiple times and found it didn't do anything at all for me. Depending on how bad your acne is it probably makes a difference though.

A little nervous...

Ok, I have super sensitive skin. I've tried everything from Proactiv, Proactiv plus, Aspirin masks, you name it... I came across the baking soda and coconut oil face wash/mask. I decided to try it. now, I do have dry skin and was a little nervous about this one. I didn't want my face breaking out anymore than it has. i did the 2:1 ratio. 2 teaspoons coconut oil (organic) and 1 teaspoon baking soda. I used it as a face wash rather than a mask. After I washed it off I was feeling a little nervous but decided to wait until the next morning. The next day I looked in the mirror and WOW! My face was smooth, and my pores were already starting to shrink. I was so surprised! I have awful acne on my forehead and around my chin. Definitely helped. I wouldn't use this everyday but maybe 2 or 3 times a week. :D Hope that helps!!

Comments

baking soda is harmful for those who are prone acne

This is harsh ingredient. Only good for house cleaning and baking. If you want to know a method that really works, comment below. Im willing to help cos' im also like that in the past. Now i have clear skin.

i would like to know your method please. i have pretty sensitive skin so this review was very helpful, thank you.
I would like to know how you got clear skin I have a lot of red marks and scars on my face
I would like to know your method. Thank you
I would really like to know

Wouldn't recommend

It can seriously damage your skin - try and avoid this method ( based on personal experience )

Could have just been your skin type reacting to this method. May not have the same effect as it does on your skin on others.

Didn't work

I tried some method I found online using some water and baking soda and my skin was very red afterwards..I also had new pimples. I just don't think this is for me

The same thing happened to me. My skin was stinging/burning while the mask on in and now there are new pimples on my right cheek.
It does that just stick with for a while give it 4 weeks

Not Recommend

I tried it at the time when I was struggled to search for treatment to cure my moderate acne. It is few years back since I got to try this remedy and I still remember how it worsen my face condition. I used to use it as a facial scrub or facial mask. And I really dislike the result post each usage. I feel like I scrub my face with salt which is something weird to me. It did a good job on smoothing out my face but it dried my skin at the same even though I had moisturised my face to reduce the discomfort. Face became much dryer if use it as a mask. As of the dryness of my skin, my face breakout unsually. I had alot of swelling and red acnes at that moment also. So, better take a try with one or two acnes on face to see whether it gives any bad reaction before use it on your entire face.

Comments

It works great but Use with cautions

Has anyone experienced pinkish skin it totally clears your skin within a month of consistent use but it's left me with pinkish skin anyone know how long it takes to subsided? I came back to this to help people i feel like i owe to other suffers because i hated life during the time i had severe acne so i came to say after washing with it your face will be red compensate by applying aloe vera from a leaf for 10 minutes wash off and apply coconut oil for a few hours and wash off and apply lotion ..me personally i sleep with it on some people it clogs there pores but i dont feel like that and thats that im a very oily person all this will help the proccess. Eggg white mask !! They help as well

DO NOT USE

As baking soda may get rid of pimples in a matter of a day and get rid of redness (as I have experienced) baking soda is one of the worst things to put on your face when it comes to PH levels and although that may not seem like a big deal because hey at least your pimple is gone, the PH levels will cause an unbalance in the skin creating its own natural oils an you'll be more likely for discoloration later on, fine wrinkles, and acne scaring. If you wish to have the same results in a matter of a day try a sugar honey and olive oil face scrub instead!

The best!

I love using baking soda for acne marks. It takes a while, but it does work. What I do is make a paste and apply it to my spots. I let it sit for 5 minutes, rinse and moisturise with coconut oil. I do this every night!

Be careful please! :)

Baking soda has two main uses: house cleaning and baking.. and it does these two things absolutely wonderfully. However, skin is a very delicate thing. Baking soda may be (and I assure you, most definitely is) too harsh for acne prone skin, and skin in general (especially your face). Less irritation is the key to clear, healthy skin. Please, please be gentle with yourself. I remember talking with an acquaintance of mine one day (I had been helping her with her acne problem and providing advice -- she asked this of me) about her skincare and what she was doing. Her poor face was awfully red and dry and she told me that she had been using a baking soda mask for about 15 minutes 4-5 times a week. It was a horrid experience for her so I advise that anyone who is thinking of trying this method, proceeds with the utmost care. Best of luck to each of you!

great

don't use it solely, mix it with something like your cleansing gel. Don't use it on your active acne because it will peel off the skin above the acne and make it spread. I use this on my nose to clear up blackheads and pores. I got 0 blackheads and pores right now it is just miracle.

Title :)

I had acne in my teens which cleared up with birth control. But now that in in my 20's and I aknowledge hormonal BC doesn't work for my body in other ways and therefore quit, I developed adult acne on my cheeks, jawline, chest and back. But I'm so stoked. This past month and a half I've been using a pasty solution of baking soda and fractionated coconut oil. My goodness its made all the difference. My skin in less irritated and red, (probably because I no longer use harsh over the counter cleansers and spot treatments,) less clogged with sebum, and noticably smoother in appearance. Baking soda has cleansed while the coconut oil has moisturized. And I have incredibly oily skin! I've noticed that while using "dermatologist tested/recommended" products my skin over produced oil and therefore my pores became uncomfortably clogged and acne ridden. Thnks, corporate, capitalistic America. But with a home-mixed concoction of coconut oil and baking soda used as both a scrub every night and mask every so often, my skin has been restored to equilibrium. It's happy. Also, staying hydrated makes a difference. Please, I implore you, give this ago for at least a month. Be sure to mix in A LOT of baking soda for it's a very fine textured exfoliant. You need a lot relative to the amount of fractionated coconut oil you need to produce a balanced solution. I wish you good luck and happy skin :)

I'm starting to have the same issue that you were in and I live in a hot humid climate down south and I was wondering how much of the ingredients should be mixed together

Amazing Results

I've had severe back acne for many many months. It made me unconfident and feeling worthless. I couldn't wear tank tops and bikinis. I tried many different solutions and after countless hours of research I started using a bicarbonate and water solution. I would put it all over my back and leave it will I slept. When Ai went to school and was wearing a top with a covered back I would put it on and leave it on all school day until I had to come home where I would wipe it off. Through determination and countless hours my back acne is almost gone.

Benefits of Baking Soda for Face

Benefits of Baking Soda for Face: Did you know that one of the most common kitchen cupboard ingredients, i.e. baking soda has a multitude of benefits which can work wonders for your beauty regimen? Yes! The same baking soda that you might be using in your everyday bakes can double up as a very effective health aid which is extremely useful in sorting out skin issues. This is because Baking Soda (chemical name ' sodium bicarbonate), usually available as a very fine powder is alkaline in nature and has marvelous antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory as well as antiseptic properties. Here are some of the uses and baking soda face benefits: Sodium bicarbonate eye wash Baking Soda Acne Treatment Baking Soda Face Mask Homemade Face Mask Baking Soda and Lemon for Face Source: [link edited out] There are also Benefits of Aloe Vera for Face and Benefits of Olive Oil for Face... Just take a look at our website: [link edited out]

Time to heal.

Cystic acne nonstop since i was 15. Face scarred badly, but cysts and zits stopped with diet and NO MORE CLEANSERS. Caveman is the way to go. Sometimes even washing with water will upset my skin, so I just dont wash it at all anymore. Like other say, you do build up excess skin, so a wet soft washcloth will do fine. I don't moisturize or apply anything to my face or body at all. I also only wash my body and hair with water, soap and shampoo twice a week. You won't smell if you're eating healthy. I feel that high cardio workouts also work to exfoliate my skin. When I feel too dirty, I run up a hot shower and let my pores open up with all the steam ( I do not let the water touch my face, as it is so sensitive, even the chlorine upsets it) I do stress that your DIET will determine your success. I have always had overeating problems as well, so when i indulge, I break out, still at 26. FOODS TO AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE ------------- SUGAR -------------- keep in mind that simple carbs ( white bread rice pasta cereal etc) turn into sugar in the body, so you must cut those out too. Complex carbs ( beans, brown rice, pasta, bread is not great, but not as bad as the white stuff) just make sure it says WHOLE wheat. I've had the best skin of my life eating WHOLE food without red meat. Chicken and fish, whole veggies and ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR and MINIMAL SODIUM intake (sodium increases redness and inflammation in the body... especially your face). Side note... chemical manufacturers are not looking out for you... Living in capitalist America should be your first clue... These people just want your money and will exploit your biggest insecurities. They want you to slap harmful chemicals on your face, clog your pores with makeup, eat yourself into a blimp, because they know the body will expunge it all through your sweat and zits, then you'll go running to them because they offer "cures". ?Me and many more fell for their tricks and paid dearly for the lack of knowledge, with scars. Do yourself a favor and feed your body well, treat it well, encourage it, work it out, and love it. Change your habits and drop negative people around you so you can begin to HEAL. I am still battling food cravings, still giving in, still breaking out occasionally, but it feels amazing to know that I can be free of this curse. Hope you try this, and spread it to everyone in need. Good luck.

is dairy okay to eat?? i know most people say to stay away from it but what do you think?
Hello, you could try adding a water filter to either all the water in your house or to just your shower unit.

Adult acne cleared up!

I've always had acne, started before puberty and at the age of 27 I broke out into a nasty pizza face that left me with a couple dozen infections at a time. I'm also a picker (serious psychological issue that I'm overcoming and my face was one of the largest targets). My acne itched, produced discharge, stung, was sometimes cystic but mostly a combination of every blemish type. As I became older, it even spread to my neck and jawline. Dermatologist couldn't help. I started using Epsom Salt and steam to cure my infections. That had the greatest initial impact. Once my infection were gone, I was still left with clogged pores, pock scars, and dark marks. Plus, tiny infections still would spring up that I had to soak, even if they didn't last long. Behold baking soda! I clean my house with it, and as an experiment mixed it with a tad of Cetaphil cleanser one day. (I now just use water + baking soda paste) and it had an immediate impact. Skin looks fuller, as if that exfoliation had stimulated collagen, and my blackheads were diminished. After having done this three times in one week, my scars were lighter and I had zero new infections. I've been tracking my face with photos daily for a month. I use baking soda three times per week, epsom salt twice per week or when I see any hint of new infection or clog. I use lemon juice twice per week to lighten scars. My bathroom counter is full of products that my dermatologist recommended. Time to clean house.

Comments

There's been nothing like it for me

So I have oily skin and a bad habit of touching my face. I'm 17 and I've had acne for years now. I remember using baking soda at 14 I wanna say, off and on. Ive tried a bunch of different skin cleansers, washes, whatever you want to call them. Gentle, foaming, exfoliating. But these past few months I've been using it a lot more. I decided this past month and a half to really give it a shot. Since baking soda is abrasive and impossible to use on its on, i mixed it with a gentle face cleaner that only really got to the surface. The cleanser I chose still got kind of foamy and had a whipped consistency. I rinse my face off in the morning, then when I get home from school, I use it. I use it once again before bed, especially if I went out again. I don't get big pimples anymore, if i do they're tiny and pretty flat. They only show up where I touch my face. I also use Clindamycin Phosphate, a topical solution that my doctor prescribed to me. I've been using that for about two weeks. It's an anti-bacterial that has also helped a lot. Before that I used an astringent with 2% salicylic acid in it. I wouldn't recommend that because it was too harsh, I feel. Some tips id recommend is using warm water when washing your face and to not touch your face. I wouldn't recommend baking soda if you have dry or combination skin. Maybe in certain areas or once a week to every few days. Any scaring I had is fading away and my skin looks crazy glowy. It's clear and you can't even notice acne unless you look for it. Baking soda is incredible and Ive never had anything that's taken care of my acne better.

disappointed

Really didn't do anything for my skin, little glow in the first couple of days then nothing. acne was still there.. feeling disappointed !! Plez note: I was using different brand of baking soda not the same one that is in the picture above.

Just saying it doesnt take a couple of days to get acne away with baking soda it takes up to 2-3 months depending how much you have. Ive been using baking soda for 2 months, each day putting it on and yess it takes for ever put it will get there.
Ilisa have you experienced a pinkish glow like I have from using the baking soda daily

!CAUTION!

Baking soda is sooo bad for your skin. It contains harsh chemicals and it leaves your skin red and wounded.

I don't know what you have been using on your face. But, baking soda should only contain one thing, and that is itself, Sodium bicarbonate. Please do some research before spouting nonsense on a blog which can drastically affect someone's face.

love love love

I'm 16 years old. Last year, I had completely clear and beautiful skin but like every teenager I started to develop pimples and acne about 9-10 months ago, which has really dimmed my self confidence and increased my anxiety. So like everyone else with an acne problem, I google home remedies ALL THE TIME. Every time I did I always came across the baking soda one but I was always afraid to use it because of its acidity. But when desperate times call for desperate measures, I gave it a try. That night, I made a baking soda and lemon juice/water paste, applied it to the affected areas, let it dry for about 20 minutes and rinsed it off. Obviously I didn't see results straight away but I could tell what it had done. So I slept on it, woke up, AND I WAS SO PLEASED WITH RESULTS. All my bumps and pimple were gone and redness had disappeared, and this was just my first time using it! I will post up my result in a week. Can't wait to use it again. I would definitely recommend it. Thanks, Someone with mild acne

srsly, do a before and after pic
Baking soda aka sodium bicarbonate, is alkali. I don't know what you have been using on your face, but please do some research and don't spout nonsense on a website that can drastically affect someone's face.
How is your face doing today ? Are you still using the same baking soda, lemon and water ? I am in the same boat as you and I want to look great without all the makeup on for my 17th birthday.

Hate & Love Relationship

I've been using Baking soda for about a year now to help lighten my hyperpigmentation and acne scars. For me, baking soda is my best friend and my worst enemy. Heres why: Yes, baking soda works to help lighten your acne scars and fade away that pesky hyper pigmentation, but does not perform any miracles. Like I said, 1 year has gone by and I expected way more results, instead ive only witnessed a somewhat lighter shade to my hyper pigmentation. What it has handed over to me though, without wasting any time I might add, is: Dry, flaky skin Whiteheads and more pimples & itchy, sensitive skin. I have to be honest, I don't recommend this product for those focusing ONLY to get rid of pimples, swelling, whiteheads, etc. Manily because it can make your acne worse. But for those looking for a reprive or permanent fix to their scars and hyperpigmentation, this is your answer!! Just be aware of the negatives that also comes with using this. But hey, everyone skin is different, and I may just have been using it the wrong way. If you truly belive this is right for you, give it a try and it might just work.

Popular Household/Natural