x

Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 977 reviews

No help
Reviewed on December 7, 2017

I tried drinking this and applying topically but didn't work for me

It works but be ware!
Reviewed on November 27, 2017

I get Hormonal acne I am an adult over 30! My skin is normally clear but all of a sudden I got lots of breakouts for over a month and because I’m a picker it left black marks. I tried everything alo vera, vitamin C, lemons ECT... but I didn’t give up because I’m a fighter LOL so my next thing was trying baking soda. I’ve tried baking soda before and it irritated my skin really really bad. This time I read an article that you mix it with vitamin E oil or Rosehip oil or vitamin C cream natural. I did this as a spot treatment only once again only use it as a spot treatment not all over your face is too harsh for your whole face. I woke up the next morning and my acne dark marks were noticeably lighter yay! 😀 Never use it on open sores or already pop pimples wait until they heal. While they’re healing spot treat with Desitin diaper rash cream with zinc trust me. Next morning I woke up and my scars were lighter I’m going to do it again. I have supersensitive skin I advise if you do have supersensitive skin like me be careful and make sure use a light oil like rose hips after put right on after you wash the baking soda off. But don’t leave the Rosehip oil on all night leave it on for about 20 minutes and then take a warm towel and wipe it off . I also use black African soap and it’s very effective for keeping new bumps from coming on and drink plenty of water at least 10 cups a day good luck everyone if I have more news I will share you do likewise .

Use with extreme caution
Reviewed on November 17, 2017

Baking Soda should only be used for those who have congested pores.... NOT CYSTIC ACNE!

I often use Baking Soda mixed in with my cleanser as a gentle way to exfoliate!

It helps to get those pesky black heads out of my nose and to give my face a refreshed look...

Only use 1-2 times per week!

Please don't use baking soda, vinegar, or lemon juice on your skin!
Reviewed on August 30, 2017

Baking soda gave me horrible, inflamed acne, and when I did some research, it turns out that is not at all surprising.

The skin naturally has a protective"acid mantle" and healthy skin has a pH of around 4.5. Any product you use on your skin should be between about 3.5 (for something like a BHA or AHA treatment, this can be irritating, but is a valid part of some acne routines) to 5.5 for cleansers. If you disrupt the acid mantle, you create an alkaline environment that bacteria loves and damage to the skin that again, just lets bacteria party. You can read more about this here. [link edited out]

For the same reasons, don't use white vinegar (apple cider may be okay) or lemon juice on your skin, as these are too acidic. Just because something is natural does not mean it is safe to apply to the delicate skin on your face!

Found it didn't work
Reviewed on August 16, 2017

I have moderate acne, not severe, but pretty bad. I've used this method multiple times and found it didn't do anything at all for me. Depending on how bad your acne is it probably makes a difference though.

A little nervous...
Reviewed on August 8, 2017

Ok, I have super sensitive skin. I've tried everything from Proactiv, Proactiv plus, Aspirin masks, you name it... I came across the baking soda and coconut oil face wash/mask. I decided to try it. now, I do have dry skin and was a little nervous about this one. I didn't want my face breaking out anymore than it has. i did the 2:1 ratio. 2 teaspoons coconut oil (organic) and 1 teaspoon baking soda. I used it as a face wash rather than a mask. After I washed it off I was feeling a little nervous but decided to wait until the next morning. The next day I looked in the mirror and WOW! My face was smooth, and my pores were already starting to shrink. I was so surprised! I have awful acne on my forehead and around my chin. Definitely helped. I wouldn't use this everyday but maybe 2 or 3 times a week. :D Hope that helps!!

baking soda is harmful for those who are prone acne
Reviewed on June 29, 2017

This is harsh ingredient. Only good for house cleaning and baking. If you want to know a method that really works, comment below. Im willing to help cos' im also like that in the past. Now i have clear skin.

by poloush on 07/23/2017 14:43
i would like to know your method please. i have pretty sensitive skin so this review was very helpful, thank you.
by Nommy on 07/31/2017 17:38
I would like to know how you got clear skin I have a lot of red marks and scars on my face
by fanhr on 08/03/2017 15:40
I would like to know your method. Thank you
by Mzkay on 10/02/2017 08:06
I would really like to know
Wouldn't recommend
Reviewed on June 16, 2017

It can seriously damage your skin - try and avoid this method ( based on personal experience )

by YouDontNeedToKnow on 06/28/2017 12:01
Could have just been your skin type reacting to this method. May not have the same effect as it does on your skin on others.
Didn't work
Reviewed on June 6, 2017

I tried some method I found online using some water and baking soda and my skin was very red afterwards..I also had new pimples. I just don't think this is for me

by MaverickMaK on 06/11/2017 06:19
The same thing happened to me. My skin was stinging/burning while the mask on in and now there are new pimples on my right cheek.
by Loser 101 on 08/22/2017 13:42
It does that just stick with for a while give it 4 weeks
Not Recommend
Reviewed on June 2, 2017

I tried it at the time when I was struggled to search for treatment to cure my moderate acne. It is few years back since I got to try this remedy and I still remember how it worsen my face condition.

I used to use it as a facial scrub or facial mask. And I really dislike the result post each usage.

I feel like I scrub my face with salt which is something weird to me. It did a good job on smoothing out my face but it dried my skin at the same even though I had moisturised my face to reduce the discomfort. Face became much dryer if use it as a mask. As of the dryness of my skin, my face breakout unsually. I had alot of swelling and red acnes at that moment also.

So, better take a try with one or two acnes on face to see whether it gives any bad reaction before use it on your entire face.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-fere
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by experts at Acne.org