Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 973 reviews

Found it didn't work
Reviewed on August 16, 2017

I have moderate acne, not severe, but pretty bad. I've used this method multiple times and found it didn't do anything at all for me. Depending on how bad your acne is it probably makes a difference though.

A little nervous...
Reviewed on August 8, 2017

Ok, I have super sensitive skin. I've tried everything from Proactiv, Proactiv plus, Aspirin masks, you name it... I came across the baking soda and coconut oil face wash/mask. I decided to try it. now, I do have dry skin and was a little nervous about this one. I didn't want my face breaking out anymore than it has. i did the 2:1 ratio. 2 teaspoons coconut oil (organic) and 1 teaspoon baking soda. I used it as a face wash rather than a mask. After I washed it off I was feeling a little nervous but decided to wait until the next morning. The next day I looked in the mirror and WOW! My face was smooth, and my pores were already starting to shrink. I was so surprised! I have awful acne on my forehead and around my chin. Definitely helped. I wouldn't use this everyday but maybe 2 or 3 times a week. :D Hope that helps!!

It works great but Use with cautions
Reviewed on May 30, 2017

Has anyone experienced pinkish skin it totally clears your skin within a month of consistent use but it's left me with pinkish skin anyone know how long it takes to subsided? I came back to this to help people i feel like i owe to other suffers because i hated life during the time i had severe acne so i came to say after washing with it your face will be red compensate by applying aloe vera from a leaf for 10 minutes wash off and apply coconut oil for a few hours and wash off and apply lotion ..me personally i sleep with it on some people it clogs there pores but i dont feel like that and thats that im a very oily person all this will help the proccess

baking soda is harmful for those who are prone acne
Reviewed on June 29, 2017

This is harsh ingredient. Only good for house cleaning and baking. If you want to know a method that really works, comment below. Im willing to help cos' im also like that in the past. Now i have clear skin.

by poloush on 07/23/2017 14:43
i would like to know your method please. i have pretty sensitive skin so this review was very helpful, thank you.
by Nommy on 07/31/2017 17:38
I would like to know how you got clear skin I have a lot of red marks and scars on my face
by fanhr on 08/03/2017 15:40
I would like to know your method. Thank you
Wouldn't recommend
Reviewed on June 16, 2017

It can seriously damage your skin - try and avoid this method ( based on personal experience )

by YouDontNeedToKnow on 06/28/2017 12:01
Could have just been your skin type reacting to this method. May not have the same effect as it does on your skin on others.
Didn't work
Reviewed on June 6, 2017

I tried some method I found online using some water and baking soda and my skin was very red afterwards..I also had new pimples. I just don't think this is for me

by MaverickMaK on 06/11/2017 06:19
The same thing happened to me. My skin was stinging/burning while the mask on in and now there are new pimples on my right cheek.
Not Recommend
Reviewed on June 2, 2017

I tried it at the time when I was struggled to search for treatment to cure my moderate acne. It is few years back since I got to try this remedy and I still remember how it worsen my face condition.

I used to use it as a facial scrub or facial mask. And I really dislike the result post each usage.

I feel like I scrub my face with salt which is something weird to me. It did a good job on smoothing out my face but it dried my skin at the same even though I had moisturised my face to reduce the discomfort. Face became much dryer if use it as a mask. As of the dryness of my skin, my face breakout unsually. I had alot of swelling and red acnes at that moment also.

So, better take a try with one or two acnes on face to see whether it gives any bad reaction before use it on your entire face.

DO NOT USE
Reviewed on May 9, 2017

As baking soda may get rid of pimples in a matter of a day and get rid of redness (as I have experienced) baking soda is one of the worst things to put on your face when it comes to PH levels and although that may not seem like a big deal because hey at least your pimple is gone, the PH levels will cause an unbalance in the skin creating its own natural oils an you'll be more likely for discoloration later on, fine wrinkles, and acne scaring. If you wish to have the same results in a matter of a day try a sugar honey and olive oil face scrub instead!

The best!
Reviewed on March 21, 2017

I love using baking soda for acne marks. It takes a while, but it does work. What I do is make a paste and apply it to my spots. I let it sit for 5 minutes, rinse and moisturise with coconut oil. I do this every night!

Be careful please! :)
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

Baking soda has two main uses: house cleaning and baking.. and it does these two things absolutely wonderfully. However, skin is a very delicate thing. Baking soda may be (and I assure you, most definitely is) too harsh for acne prone skin, and skin in general (especially your face). Less irritation is the key to clear, healthy skin. Please, please be gentle with yourself. I remember talking with an acquaintance of mine one day (I had been helping her with her acne problem and providing advice -- she asked this of me) about her skincare and what she was doing. Her poor face was awfully red and dry and she told me that she had been using a baking soda mask for about 15 minutes 4-5 times a week. It was a horrid experience for her so I advise that anyone who is thinking of trying this method, proceeds with the utmost care. Best of luck to each of you!