Turmeric

Average price: $7.70

Most helpful review

By ADreamer on 01/31/2013
thumbnail

Listen carefully: I used this for the first time. I am currently using Retin-A. I didn't know turmeric would irritated my sensitive skin to the point where my skin was burning the whole night. My skin was red, hot and painful to the touch. I am warning all of those who are using any kind of acne treatment: do not use this! Turmeric is very harsh on it sown. I will review it again after my Retin-A course. I know for a fact turmeric is excellent. I am just warning all of those who are in the same boat as me..

Pros:
  • none
Cons:
  • burns skin

11 out of 17 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

“Doesn't work”
By on

I've tried this for a few months and haven't seen any difference.

• for a few months
  • $ 1
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Works for me !!!!!!!!”
By on

I was at fist researching on u tube and I saw this video it had a lot of likes so I watched it I did not have the item at home . lucky me we went grocery shopping it was a little expensive but I got it u mix it with plain Greek yogurt and brush it on your face let it sit 1hour half and u will love it .it might not work for every one but it worked for me !!!!

Pros

• Smoothed skin
  • No wrinkles
  • Glowing skin in a week

Cons

• Expensive for a spice
  • Not something u would find at a small store like Walgreens or family dollar
  • None
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“my holy grail”
By on

I love it !!i had a breakout recently and i decided to back to turmeric plus bentonite clay. Perfect combo.

“LOVE IT!”
By on

Okay so I've been using a turmeric mask made with natural greek yogurt, honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice and all I can say is, I LOVE IT! I put this mask on every night for 2 hours and wash it off then apply a bit of lemon juice on where my scars and whiteheads are. I just love this mask! It makes my skin so soft and evens out my skin tone. I've actually gotten compliments on my skin and people have said my face is starting to get clear. The bad thing is I stopped using it for two days (felt like my skin needed a break because i put the mask on every night) and I broke out pretty bad. But overall, I recommend this, definitely.

Pros

• Makes skin soft
  • Evens skin tone
  • Helps acne

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Turmeric- A Must Try!”
By on

I have been using Turmeric for a nearly a year and a half. I noticed after a week that my skin began to improve. I simply take two capsules a day and sometimes open the capsule and mix it with a bit of water and use it as a spot treatment. This spice has so many other wonderful things that it helps/prevents other than acne so it definitely multi-purposeful. It is certainly worth a try... Just make sure you are consistent and take it every day and you should see some improvement. Don't expect it to clear your whole face but you should expect to see many diminish/disappear.

Pros

• Helps with many different ailments/preventative
  • Anti-Inflammatory
  • Improves the look of skin

Cons

• Stains skin/clothes
  • Smells different
  • Make sure you drink plenty of water when taking it or it will come back up on you!
  • for more than a year
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Helped improve the appearance of my skin in 7 days”
By on

As many long time acne sufferers, I feel like I have tried every, cream, gel, cleanser, and pill -- including accutane -- on the market.

My acne has diminished after one course of accutane but due to its multiple side effects, I refused to do another course of it, and I do still get acne. This week, it was particularly bad my skin was majorly POed at me.

I remembered something my mom used to tell me about -- turmeric for the skin. It really is a natural beauty treatment thats been used in India for centuries. To this day, brides and bridegrooms alike get slathered in gram flour and turmeric pastes before their weddings (traditional and a full body facial all at once lol) and you'll find a lot of skin products from India and other parts of the world where turmeric is used more generously in beauty products.

I improved the appearance of my skin in about 7-9 days using this mask once a night and a cleansing with a purpose soap bar in the morning and before applying the mask (which doubles as a exfoliating scrub!):

- yogurt

- turmeric

- sea salt

- cinnamon

I'm not saying that my acne is totally gone, or this is necessarily going to work for you, but it did for me. My inflamed acne lesions are almost all gone (I had a lot) and the red marks they left behind are fading and my face actually feels smoother (all of those tiny bumps on my face FINALLY seem to be going away ).

Some words of advice if you do try this mask. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes only. Leaving it on too long will allow the turmeric to stain your skin more deeply, and it'll make getting it off a pain. (don't worry if it does stain your skin though, it'll come off! Watch out for clothes though, it WILL stain those). Also use an old pillowcase at night, even if you think you got all of the turmeric off, you probably didn't and it'll rub off during the night and right onto your pillowcase!

This isn't an instant remedy so if you're looking for immediate results, I'd look elsewhere. BUT if you're looking for an all natural and gentle way of improving your skin, I'd at least give turmeric a chance!

Pros

• All natural
  • helped clear acne and reduce appearance of hyperpigmentation

Cons

• can stain skin temporarily
  • for about a week
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“One of the most potent anti-inflammatory substances known to man”
By on

Turmeric is an extremely potent anti-inflammatory with a high ORAC value (rich in antioxidants). Turmeric helps maintain the skin’s elasticity, smoothness, and overall health. Also, since the curcuminoids in turmeric act as powerful antioxidants, they promote young-looking, healthy skin. Not only will turmeric help prevent future acne from forming, it will also help heal any current acne very quickly.

The easiest, most cost efficient way to include turmeric in your daily supplementation routine is via capsules. You could also apply turmeric topically by mixing the powder with something like water, lemon juice, olive oil, etc. and using the paste as a facial mask. I use a mask like this with turmeric every day. There are a few things to keep in mind and watch out for when choosing a turmeric supplement to add to your acne regimen:

As with any herb, spice, or food, aim for organic turmeric if possible.

Pay attention to curcuminoid content, as this is what provides the great benefits mentioned above. Buy a turmeric extract supplement that clearly states curcuminoid concentration, which should usually be at least 95%.

Avoid unnecessary and potentially harmful fillers and additives.

Pros

• Extremely anti-inflammatory
  • Antioxidant rich
  • Promotes healthy skin

Cons

• Temporarily stains skin and can stain clothing (yellow)
  • Some people hate the smell.
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Turmeric honest review”
By on

So I have a long battle with acne now for the past 4 years, currently 20 rite now. And I was desperate to try anything. I tried many otc creams, accutane, antibiotics, natural cleansers, supplements, and all of them have kept my acne somewhat under control, but never really eliminated it. I gotta say that diet plays a big factor for me in causing my acne. Supplents such as vitamin A, pan acid, and zinc have kept my skin decent looking. And finally I discovered turmeric. Whether taken internally, or externally on your face, it is amazing. It shrinks your pores, clears redness, dries up existing pimples, and prevents acne. I use turmeric as a facemask everyother day mixed with greek yogurt and leave it on my face for about a half hour. This will not turn your face "orange" like most people suggest. Most of the people who keep giving bad reviews of acne treatments do not realize that acne is an INTERNAL condition. Acne occurs when your body is too toxic and cant eliminate toxins sufficiently. Take probiotics, watch your sugar, and take natural face clearing supplements along with turmeric and I garantee that your face will get clearer.

Pros

• Cheap
  • Very effective to reduce rosacea and acne

Cons

• none if your dont mind putting a mask on for a half hour
  • for about a week
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Try this simple, (for me) completely effective and cheap remedy.

Pros

• Forget about applying turmeric topically. Make this tea: 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp ginger, and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice in a flask of hot water. To make it, add to boiling water and simmer very gently for 5-10 minutes (watch it doesn't boil over). I've been drinking a flask of this over the course of a day for 2 weeks and I haven't had a pimple since!
  • Previously I'd taken antibiotics for around 6 months in combination with antibiotic cream, subsequently using just the cream, when th

Cons

• NONE. It works for my acne, its good for your general health, its cheap, and no side effects on you or the environment!!!
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• none

Cons

• burns skin
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.