Turmeric reviews

4.2/5 - 65 reviews

help me frds
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

i applied turmeric ..first acne got reduced .but later it got inceased?what is the reason help me frends

My own twist on this mask
Reviewed on September 8, 2016

I have been making my own face mask for awhile now, just kinda off the top of my head. I picked up turmeric capsules and magnesium supplements. I take them both every night before bed and I make mask of them with witch hazel.

Turmeric Mask-

one open capsule of turmeric

about 1 teaspoon of witch hazel

and tiny bit of honey

I use this mask 3 nights a week and apply it before bed for 20 minutes. If I need a spot treatment I skip the honey and use just the turmeric and witch hazel on the problem area and leave it one over night.

It reduces redness and I have noticed my acne somewhat go away. (ALL MY ACNE IS OPEN THO, I can't leave my face alone.)

Magnesium Scrub -

4 magnesium supplements crushed

witch hazel

cinnamon

(This is harder to make a past out of and it super messy but just keep mixing and it'll work)

This is a scrub, I scrub it on for 5 minutes and leave for 5 minutes. Then wash off and apply witch hazel as a toner. This has left my skin feeling very very soft and awoke.

Now besides this two homemade mask I've made, I also use dial soap and water to wash/clean/remove makeup everyday.

Works EVERY time
Reviewed on September 2, 2016

This mask leaves you with clear, clean and soft skin. It rejuvenates and restores your skin. Probably the best remedy for your skin, plus, it is all natural! My acne scars began to disappear after around a month of usage!

Here is my secret recipe!

2 tablespoons of gram flour (also known as besan or chickpea flour)

1 tablespoon of turmeric (ground)

1 tablespoon of honey (clear honey or manuka)

Enough water to turn the mask into a thick orange paste

Method

Mix the dry ingredients together (gram flour and turmeric) using a fork

Mix in the honey

Add enough water to turn the dry mix into a mask consistency

Hope this helps!

I am able to provide pictures and answer any appropriate questions

UPDATE! ADD IN THREE DROPS OF OLIVE OIL FOR EVEN BETTER RESULTS AND REPEAT MASK EACH NIGHT UNTIL SKIN IS HEALED. if you do not have time, repeat every other night. this mask also controls oil

Good luck!

Observing new zits!
Reviewed on September 2, 2016

I have been using honey and turmeric paste since last 4 days. On the first day, I observed a little improvement in the redness, I thought it is working for my skin. I applied the same paste on my skin after washing with Neutrogena Oil free acne wash, I did this for 4 days.

But I am observing several new painful zits popping out of my skin. Should I continue applying the same paste or is there any other technique to apply the paste?

Please advice.

by Pizzabae on 09/03/2016 14:57
I think its because you're overdoing it. Only use the mask 2 times per week and maybe you can add other ingredients such as plain yogurt, rice flour/gram flour to complete the formula.
by Emily24 on 09/04/2016 16:51
Hi what did you make the mask out of?
Worked very well for me!
Reviewed on August 26, 2016

I cannot recommend this enough. I had my reservations about rubbing turmeric over my face, but it really helped a lot. I used to get a lot of very inflamed acne all over my face, but now only get the occasional small ones here or there (though I still have scarring).

It's not a miracle cure (I still have some acne) but it has definitely improved my skin a lot.

It didn't stain my face, though I am somewhat tan, so if you are pale I would recommend being prepared for that.

Also, I have also began a facial scrub of sugar and lemon in conjunction with this, so that could be helping too.

I now do:

Wash face (I use neutrogina hydrating wash)

1 tbsp brown sugar + 1 tsp lemon juice

rub onto face, rinse off after a few seconds

dry w/clean towel

mix 1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric w/approx 1 tbsp honey

rub all over face, leave for 10-20 min (I'd do less, if you are paler though)

Rinse, dry again

use nightly cream (I have a medicated cream I use as well, though it didn't do much until I started using the face scrub/turmeric)

Doing this has really helped me, I am now reconsidering trying BC at all at risk of messing with my face, I hope this helps!

MY NEW DAILY MASK
Reviewed on August 17, 2016

I've been using turmeric for about 3 days and today I think I noticed a difference. My face seemed to glow and my pimple redness is no where near to how it used to be last week. I use everyday for as long as I can and put coconut oil all over my face afterwards because my skin is really dry. O, and even put this stuff on my arms to whiten.

Removes redness
Reviewed on May 18, 2016

Turmeric is great for my redness, my skin immediatley gets calmer and less red and irritated. Doesn't heal my acne though

fab!
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

IT WORKS WELL FOR ME. MY ACNE HAS BEEN REDUCED. MY ACNE SCARS AS WELL. MY SKIN IS FLAWLESS AND GLOWING.

IT EVEN MAKES MY SKIN BRIGHTEN UP A LITTLE.

YOU WILL NEED;

TUMERIC POWDER

YOGURT (natural)

HONEY

ALL PURPOSE FLOUR / RICE FLOUR

PUT IT ON FOR 15-20 MINS AND WASH IT OFF.

THE BEST REMEDY FOR ACNE EVER!

incredible!!
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I find that a thick paste of turmeric and honey applied overnight on a zit greatly reduces scarring and redness. Of course, turmeric stains absolutely everything, but I'm willing to put up with it for what it does for my skin!

must try!
Reviewed on May 13, 2016

Turmeric is incredible! When I use this as a mask (once per week) my skin glows and the tone is very even! I usually mix about a teaspoon with enough honey to spread evenly over my entire face, leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, and simply wash off with warm water.