Turmeric reviews

4.3/5 - 27 reviews

I can't believe I didn't try this sooner
Reviewed on December 12, 2014

In less than a month, my skin has undergone a TOTAL transformation. I am 25 years old and have been suffering from mild acne since I was 17. I can honestly say that I've tried (almost) everything, from changing my diet, using products, different acne treatments and oral medications. I tried benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, fatty-acids, hyaluronic acid, natural products, scientific/pharmaceutical grade products - you name it!

I started making my own face mask that consists of turmeric, natural aloe juice (no sugars or anything added), wildflower honey and (yes I know some would advise against this) tap water. I use the treatment about 3 times a week by applying the mask to my entire face. This mixture lasts for about a week - sometimes I add a little bit more water if the consistency gets too hard and not-so-easy to apply.

Looking back on all the money I've spent, and the damage I've done to my face from using harsh products, I'm just sick with the claims cosmetic and skin care companies make. I've been promised that I would have beautiful skin by so many cosmetic companies, but their products have done nothing but suck the nutrients, the moisture and the elasticity from my skin.

For a total of $30 (Canadian), I've invested in a skin care regime that has eliminated by acne, lightened acne scars, gotten rid of flaky skin (caused from over-drying products), evened my skin tone and reduced the depth of wrinkles around my eyes. ($30 = $4 turmeric powder, $20 aloe juice, $6 natural wildflower honey)

Please, please, please try this before you spend any more money on useless products that claim to improve your acne.

6 days and its amazing!
Reviewed on December 3, 2014

I have been using turmeric, as the face mask and its fantastic! Ive been having mild acne for about a year now and I always get the nerve to pop my pimples and I hate it. My pimples only appear on my cheeks and become red and swollen when i pop them. Using this for less than a week I have seen the difference right away! I love it. My pimples are small now and not red or swollen. There going away slowly but quick in time. I make my mask by turmeric about half teaspoon, and i use normal flour for it to make it into a paste, i add milk, and honey because I have heard it helps your skin. If your white skinned it will leave your face yellow but using bar soap like dove or care it will go away right away. I love this and I recommend this to people with a few pimples or a lot because it makes swelling go away and redness will go away too in two applies.

P.S.- I do this mask every two days.

Turmeric YOU GET A 100 STARS
Reviewed on August 15, 2014

I have suffered with acne most of my life ( I am 40 ). I have tried everything out there, spent a lot of money on online products with little or no results. So I gave up and tried to deal with it the best I could. Then one day I came across a Turmeric face mask video on youtube.....I thought WOW hmmmm it's worth a shot. So let me tell you all out there......MY FACE STARTED TO CALM DOWN!! Which is huge progress cause I dealt with the redness,acne,large bumps.....you name it. I do the mask that calls for one teaspoon of Turmeric/one teaspoon of milk/one teaspoon of honey mix all together and apply with a face brush/ leave on for 30min/you should have enough for three days it keeps well in the refrigerator.....and it leaves my skin so soft like butter or baby skin. I do it three days a week in a row. People have even ask me what am I doing different....never had that responds before. I can not say enough about Turmeric it's wonderful....just wish I knew about this years back! Anyone reading this it is worth it to try it for yourself! And thank for hearing my story....PS my goal is not having to wear makeup once all my scars heal :-)

by Frankie2014 on 08/18/2014 02:52
Im going to try this today! Been searching for something after months of trying every product out there. Fingers crossed it works for me. Thanks!
by Linssssbaby on 11/26/2014 06:50
How long did it take for marks to almost fully go away ?
by maryam1981 on 11/30/2014 00:41
I heard tumeric makes your face look yellow. Is it true about this mask?
Turmeric Face Mask
Reviewed on July 18, 2014

I was skeptical about trying this at face but turmeric face mask has saved my life. I suffer from acne and quite bad acne scarring and this mask has really helped clear my face up. I have wrote a blog post about if you would like to check it out! :) [link removed]

by Linssssbaby on 11/26/2014 06:50
How long did it take for the marks and redness of marks to go away??
Best Yet
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

I've suffered from moderate acne for 8 years. I've tried pretty much everything short of accutane and bc. I've learned my acne is not directly diet related but rather stems from hormones, toxins, stress, and surface treatments. Tumeric is in my top 3 remedies.

I use turmeric 2-3x a week. It calms my acne and redness and I think prevents new breakout. Since using it I stopped for 2 weeks and my acne started coming back. I like to mix turmeric with egg and leave it on my face overnight. I wash it off in the morning with alba botanica's acne wash which seems to do fine at removing the stain. About once I week I mix it with safflower and jojoba oil, leave it one overnight and wash off in the morning. This works well too. Of course every face is different so you have to find your match. My face responds well to egg and conservative use of safflower oil. My face does not respond well to yogurt. Experiment with how you mix your turmeric and try to learn which mask bases your face does or does not like.

Doesn't work
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

I've tried this for a few months and haven't seen any difference.

Works for me !!!!!!!!
Reviewed on March 23, 2014

I was at fist researching on u tube and I saw this video it had a lot of likes so I watched it I did not have the item at home . lucky me we went grocery shopping it was a little expensive but I got it u mix it with plain Greek yogurt and brush it on your face let it sit 1hour half and u will love it .it might not work for every one but it worked for me !!!!

my holy grail
Reviewed on January 1, 2014

I love it !!i had a breakout recently and i decided to back to turmeric plus bentonite clay. Perfect combo.

by Linssssbaby on 11/26/2014 06:55
Did you have any marks and if so did it help?
LOVE IT!
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

Okay so I've been using a turmeric mask made with natural greek yogurt, honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice and all I can say is, I LOVE IT! I put this mask on every night for 2 hours and wash it off then apply a bit of lemon juice on where my scars and whiteheads are. I just love this mask! It makes my skin so soft and evens out my skin tone. I've actually gotten compliments on my skin and people have said my face is starting to get clear. The bad thing is I stopped using it for two days (felt like my skin needed a break because i put the mask on every night) and I broke out pretty bad. But overall, I recommend this, definitely.

Turmeric- A Must Try!
Reviewed on September 2, 2013

I have been using Turmeric for a nearly a year and a half. I noticed after a week that my skin began to improve. I simply take two capsules a day and sometimes open the capsule and mix it with a bit of water and use it as a spot treatment. This spice has so many other wonderful things that it helps/prevents other than acne so it definitely multi-purposeful. It is certainly worth a try... Just make sure you are consistent and take it every day and you should see some improvement. Don't expect it to clear your whole face but you should expect to see many diminish/disappear.