Turmeric reviews

4.3/5 - 40 reviews

Reviewed on November 21, 2015

Amazing for acne scars but makes skin sensitive to sun but you can just apply sunscreen.

Reviewed on August 17, 2015

I suffered from moderate acne for about four months. It hit me really hard because I hadn't been a victim ever before (I'm 25). I tried many remedies, but it only seemed to get worse; my skin was lifeless and wrinkly (very mortifying). I finally gave turmeric a shot and it's gotten rid of ALL the acne! It took only three treatments to see results. It's been a month and my skin is absolutely healthy and glowy-my face is more even, my dark circles are gone, my scars are healing and less visible. I might see a whitehead once in a while (which I pick) but it never leaves a spot which is freaking amazing and even mystical!

I typically used turmeric with cinnamon which is very stainy but I realized later on mixing it with a little gram flour reduces the staining significantly. I work at home so I was able to keep the mask on for 5-6 hours a day during the first week. I did it for 4 consecutive days and since then I've been doing it twice or thrice a week for an hour or two.

One other thing that has really helped (and strongly recommend) is keeping soaps and cleaners away from my face completely. Trust me, when your face heals and reaches its natural balance you won't need all that crap, and turmeric will help you achieve that. I only use cold tap water once a day and a coconut-sugar scrub weekly (incredibly low-maintenance!).

Try it out and see if works for you! There's no guarantee but it's worth a shot. Oh and if you're sensitive to cinnamon, use minimally or avoid it altogether. (It’s great for stimulating blood flow though)

by PingOioi on 09/09/2015 21:33
Do you mixed yours with cinnamon? A cinnamon powder on a turmeric powder? Do you put honey in it?
by Shelly563 on 09/19/2015 12:33
Just cinnamon powder with turmeric powder. Started adding some yoghurt as well and the results are even better.
Great effect on my face
Reviewed on August 29, 2015

Ive been using tumeric powder and a about 3ml of lemon juice on my face 2 days ago..i do it 3 times a day..as im at home during the weekend..acne seems to turn darker from red colour..it shows some positive effect and i hope it will clear up all acne and acne scars in future :)

turmeric face and body mask
Reviewed on August 25, 2015

it does stain my face yellow but I do the mask before bed every other night during the week and the stain is very faint in the morning ; it comes off with a little face wash in the morning. Ive heard that you shouldn't wash your face after using the mask whitch is why I use it right before bed and wash in the morning when I wake up. i just use it with yogurt and lemon juice. Ive only used it one fully so idk if ive seen results yet. but so far its a 4/5 for me

Turmeric Face Mask
Reviewed on August 20, 2015

Me and my cousin decided to do a turmeric face mask consisting of turmeric powder natural yoghurt and a little honey. I had heard great reviews about this. As I took it off I was left with red and burning skin. Very disappointed as I had high hopes

by Nisha97 on 11/20/2015 02:57
Same! I don't think turmeric works for sensitive skin. Like mine
16 days and I still have hope
Reviewed on August 10, 2015

I am 25 years old and I have some acne scars on my cheeks that I want to remove. I have been using the turmeric mask for about 16 days.

The combination is: natural yogurt+ tea spoon of turmeric for the 10 first days. then I've used the active yeast+ water+ turmeric

Well, I have to admit that I don't see an improvement on my skin yet but I'll keep on. the only problem for me is that it starts burning after 10 or 15 minutes and I have to wash it right away.

I still have hope...

It really works!
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

So, I was a victim of hyperpigmentation for over three years after pregnancy. . . I mixed tumeric with some lemon juice and spread over the dark areas. . . . after a week I saw results. . . . . this natural remedy is the only thing that worked for me. . . I will continue to use. . . . I'm excited about the results!

Reviewed on June 20, 2015

This litrally the best thing that seems to work on my skin. I use it with lime juice it works good! LOVE THIS!!

Best Acne treatment EVER
Reviewed on April 28, 2015

I've had acne for YEARS. I've tried everything from prescriptions, store bought products, and other home remedies. As a result of all of my acne i have awful acne scars everywhere. I mix turmeric with some fresh squeezed lime juice and put it on my face for about 30 mins to an hour every night. Even after a week of using this I AM IN LOVE. Threw away all of my other acne products, even the expensive ones, and swear i will never use an acne face wash on my face ever again. (I still use a face scrub but not one with any benzoyl peroxide or anything like that). It's a little staining on the skin but will wash off with a face scrub. I take the vitamin turmeric once daily too. This product is sincerely my saving GRACE!!!!!!!!!!

by naomislifewithacne on 05/08/2015 18:49
How long did it take before you saw results?
Sorry turmeric....
Reviewed on April 26, 2015

Today I awoke to discover it would be one of those days my acne got me down. I had been with my boyfriend earlier on in the day and when I looked in the mirror I was positively mortified when I saw how red and irritated my skin was! I scoured the Internet, desperate to find something that would clear up my skin so I could meet my boyfriend again later on and redeem myself. I tried absolutely everything- toothpaste, antibiotics, antioxidants, I even resorted to putting lemon juice on my face - PAINFUL! Finally I came to my last option, turmeric. I was wary about using it because I read it can make your skin more sensitive to the ultraviolet rays of the sun, increasing your risk of skin cancers and what not, however sheer desperation drove me to trying it out. I'm not going to lie to you, it huuuuurt, my face burned to the point my eyes began to water, I then went to wash off the turmeric mask with warm water but my skin had become so sensitive even the slightly warm water began to scald my skin. Although the mask did ever so subtly reduce the redness of my skin, it gave my skin a yellowish hue (twinge), which merely left me looking like I had a case of jaundice. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want super sensitive, yellowish skin with a slight reduction in redness. It could be different for you though so if you wish to, give it a go! In addition to that, my skin was as smooth as a baby's bottom and as time went on I did notice a bit of an improvement in my acne! Hope this helps ;)

by pbNtomato on 08/01/2015 14:20
Maybe it was the turmeric in combination with EVERYTHING you used prior that made your skin so irritated and sensitive