Turmeric reviews

4.4/5 - 30 reviews

Powdered Gold!
Reviewed on March 19, 2015

I honestly can't believe this doesn't have more reviews due to all the hype about Turmeric lately! This amazing natural spice, in conjunction with ACV, is solely responsible for clearing up my skin. I already wrote a post about ACV (which is liquid gold)...well this sh*t is powdered gold! I literally have not had this clear of skin since...um, ever?

I use a brand name turmeric from the regular grocery store, it's super cheap. I've been using a variety of masks with this stuff for a little over a week, and have already seen dramatic results.

The masks I have tried are:

Turmeric + honey (good, but messy - use in the bath!)

Turmeric + milk + rice flour (really hard to get off, it cakes on the skin, prob my least fave mix)

Turmeric + Aztec Healing Clay + ACV (my favorite so far)

I have yet to try it with plain yogurt, but I plan to and I will update my review :)

Within the first few applications I could see my skin getting brighter with more of the "glow" that people talk about. Within the next few times my scars are visibly reduced (still there, nonetheless, but much lighter than before). My skin is always super soft after washing the mask off and breakouts are minimized. YES - it does stain. And yes, you will look like you have frolicked in a mustard field or have baby diarrhea on your face (sorry, but it's true.) But honestly with how well it works, it isn't even really an issue for me, you just have to be extra careful! It will stain the sink, clothes, but your face will only be temporarily stained I promise :) I apply it at night, and after my morning shower there are no traces of oompa loompa skin! Yay!

Anyways, give it a try, I have found my new holy grail skin care item and I highly recommend it!

Really Happy with the results so far
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

I've only used this mask two times so far and I'm really happy with the results. My pimples have minimized but, the main reason why I wanted to use it was to fade my acne scars and prevent breakouts. My old acne scars that have been on my cheeks for about 3 months are finally going away. They might not be gone completely but they're fading quicker than other remedies I've used to fade them. Before I started using the turmeric mask my skin was awkwardly shiny and not smooth around my acne scars. Now there smooth and don't have that weird texture to it. Since I've only used this 2 times I will update how my skin is after I've the used the mask more.

What I used was

1 tablespoon of turmeric

1 tablespoon of plain greek yogurt

Then I let it sit for 15-20 minutes,

I also think that the yogurt is helping to because its known to kill bacteria and fade acne scars.

After im done with the mask I put astringent on and moisturizer. Then I put vitamin e oil on my scars( the vitamin e oil helps a little, also if you do put vitamin e oil on, just use a tiny bit of it on your scars)

Could be my acne saving grace.
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

I give four stars because of the obvious staining that occurs. I just exfoliate gently with a washrag. But for me... Turmeric mixed with almond oil to form a pasty mask has been the ONLY thing to both stop my breakouts and heal my hyper pigmentation. The almond oil has AHA properties and the turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties as well. My skin is superrr sensitive and this is the only thing that has manged to calm it down. Plus, almond oil has a comedogenic rating of 2 and my skin is really dry so it doesn't cause me to break out. One more plus, my skin naturally has yellow undertones so it just makes me look slightly more tan! This has been a great thing for my skin and I have hormonal acne on my face, chest and back. Only downside is that I have to do a full mask every 3-4 days or I start breaking out all over again. It's worth it to me.

I can't believe I didn't try this sooner
Reviewed on December 12, 2014

In less than a month, my skin has undergone a TOTAL transformation. I am 25 years old and have been suffering from mild acne since I was 17. I can honestly say that I've tried (almost) everything, from changing my diet, using products, different acne treatments and oral medications. I tried benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, fatty-acids, hyaluronic acid, natural products, scientific/pharmaceutical grade products - you name it!

I started making my own face mask that consists of turmeric, natural aloe juice (no sugars or anything added), wildflower honey and (yes I know some would advise against this) tap water. I use the treatment about 3 times a week by applying the mask to my entire face. This mixture lasts for about a week - sometimes I add a little bit more water if the consistency gets too hard and not-so-easy to apply.

Looking back on all the money I've spent, and the damage I've done to my face from using harsh products, I'm just sick with the claims cosmetic and skin care companies make. I've been promised that I would have beautiful skin by so many cosmetic companies, but their products have done nothing but suck the nutrients, the moisture and the elasticity from my skin.

For a total of $30 (Canadian), I've invested in a skin care regime that has eliminated by acne, lightened acne scars, gotten rid of flaky skin (caused from over-drying products), evened my skin tone and reduced the depth of wrinkles around my eyes. ($30 = $4 turmeric powder, $20 aloe juice, $6 natural wildflower honey)

Please, please, please try this before you spend any more money on useless products that claim to improve your acne.

6 days and its amazing!
Reviewed on December 3, 2014

I have been using turmeric, as the face mask and its fantastic! Ive been having mild acne for about a year now and I always get the nerve to pop my pimples and I hate it. My pimples only appear on my cheeks and become red and swollen when i pop them. Using this for less than a week I have seen the difference right away! I love it. My pimples are small now and not red or swollen. There going away slowly but quick in time. I make my mask by turmeric about half teaspoon, and i use normal flour for it to make it into a paste, i add milk, and honey because I have heard it helps your skin. If your white skinned it will leave your face yellow but using bar soap like dove or care it will go away right away. I love this and I recommend this to people with a few pimples or a lot because it makes swelling go away and redness will go away too in two applies.

P.S.- I do this mask every two days.

Turmeric YOU GET A 100 STARS
Reviewed on August 15, 2014

I have suffered with acne most of my life ( I am 40 ). I have tried everything out there, spent a lot of money on online products with little or no results. So I gave up and tried to deal with it the best I could. Then one day I came across a Turmeric face mask video on youtube.....I thought WOW hmmmm it's worth a shot. So let me tell you all out there......MY FACE STARTED TO CALM DOWN!! Which is huge progress cause I dealt with the redness,acne,large bumps.....you name it. I do the mask that calls for one teaspoon of Turmeric/one teaspoon of milk/one teaspoon of honey mix all together and apply with a face brush/ leave on for 30min/you should have enough for three days it keeps well in the refrigerator.....and it leaves my skin so soft like butter or baby skin. I do it three days a week in a row. People have even ask me what am I doing different....never had that responds before. I can not say enough about Turmeric it's wonderful....just wish I knew about this years back! Anyone reading this it is worth it to try it for yourself! And thank for hearing my story....PS my goal is not having to wear makeup once all my scars heal :-)

by Frankie2014 on 08/18/2014 02:52
Im going to try this today! Been searching for something after months of trying every product out there. Fingers crossed it works for me. Thanks!
by Linssssbaby on 11/26/2014 06:50
How long did it take for marks to almost fully go away ?
by maryam1981 on 11/30/2014 00:41
I heard tumeric makes your face look yellow. Is it true about this mask?
by Minnie11 on 03/28/2015 12:41
Thanks for the review. I too am 40 and have tried so much for my skin, trashing it in the process. I'm taking oral Turmeric and I tried it on a spot on my back last week and it reduced within a day! Cleared the next day! I'm going to try it on a 3 month very red scar on my cheek.
Turmeric Face Mask
Reviewed on July 18, 2014

I was skeptical about trying this at face but turmeric face mask has saved my life. I suffer from acne and quite bad acne scarring and this mask has really helped clear my face up. I have wrote a blog post about if you would like to check it out! :) [link removed]

by Linssssbaby on 11/26/2014 06:50
How long did it take for the marks and redness of marks to go away??
Best Yet
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

I've suffered from moderate acne for 8 years. I've tried pretty much everything short of accutane and bc. I've learned my acne is not directly diet related but rather stems from hormones, toxins, stress, and surface treatments. Tumeric is in my top 3 remedies.

I use turmeric 2-3x a week. It calms my acne and redness and I think prevents new breakout. Since using it I stopped for 2 weeks and my acne started coming back. I like to mix turmeric with egg and leave it on my face overnight. I wash it off in the morning with alba botanica's acne wash which seems to do fine at removing the stain. About once I week I mix it with safflower and jojoba oil, leave it one overnight and wash off in the morning. This works well too. Of course every face is different so you have to find your match. My face responds well to egg and conservative use of safflower oil. My face does not respond well to yogurt. Experiment with how you mix your turmeric and try to learn which mask bases your face does or does not like.

Doesn't work
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

I've tried this for a few months and haven't seen any difference.

Works for me !!!!!!!!
Reviewed on March 23, 2014

I was at fist researching on u tube and I saw this video it had a lot of likes so I watched it I did not have the item at home . lucky me we went grocery shopping it was a little expensive but I got it u mix it with plain Greek yogurt and brush it on your face let it sit 1hour half and u will love it .it might not work for every one but it worked for me !!!!