The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.1/5 - 357 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Best thing EVER!!
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

I have had mild acne for years. I was never able to successfully clear it up until I found the acne.org regimen!! I didn't even know acne.org had their own regimen. I just used this website to find home remedies. Anyways, I've been using this regimen one week and my skin is so clear! I have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful my skin looks! I did have a break out this week (the instructions said I probably would) but it is already clearing up! I was only gonna buy this product once, but now that I know it works, I'll continue to use it! I 10/10 recommend. Use it exactly like it tells you and you will definitely see a difference in your skin.

UPDATE**

I am currently about 4 days in to week three. I still have pretty clear skin. My acne from week 2 cleared up fast, but I got 2 stress pimples this week. They are taking awhile to clear up, I believe it's because I've been stressed all week. Hopefully they will be gone by week 4. Still love this product!

*WEEK 8 UPDATE**

I started using AHA one week ago and it has been the best thing! My skin is SO clear!!! I used to have dark scaring spots on the right side of my face but the AHA has helped completely remove it! I am obsessed and will continue using this regimen.

by Alex Camosci on 05/23/2017 00:42
Fake review
9 years of use review
Reviewed on May 15, 2017

Please read this as I don't want anyone else to be going through my situation. I started acne.org when I was 16 and after trying everything including accutane (had to get off after 4 days due to headaches) I came across a video on YouTube that Dan posted. I began with the cleanser, BP, moisturizer (original one) and AHA (night only) twice a day. I had moderate acne at the time. Within a month I was fully clear. This remained for 9 years. I literally had perfect skin, and would get random compliments because of how well the AHA made my skin glow. If I didnt use the BP twice a day or if I ran out of the AHA is the only time I would get 1-2 pimples. I recommended this product to all my friends and it changed their lives. I always spoke about how well I respected Dan for changing my life. Now I'm 25 and I eat all oranic, 80% vegetables, 20% animal protein. I said to myself that I had to have grown out of acne and my diet would eliminate any chance of my acne returning. I was excited to get off the regimen because 9 years of using it in the morning and night is just so annoying! People who have been on this regimen for a while will understand! I started with an all natural Saliycic acid and a non comedogenic natural moisturizer. I broke out with maybe a pimple a week and then switched to apple cider vinegar and back to Acne.org AHA\moisturizer. I never broke out, maybe 1 a month. 5 months go by and it's awesome because my acne is gone and I doesn't take so long in the morning/night and I don't have all these bleached clothes. I finally can wear something other than black, white or dark blue lol. Then one day I started breaking out in clusters on my forehead. Two weeks pass and now my forehead is covered. I began the regimen again and my skin got 100 times worse and now my face is completely scarred and destroyed. I believe the benzoyl peroxide has caused structural changes to my skin. I took time off the acne.org regimen and then tried it again because it worked for me in the past. Again I broke out a million times worse. My skin is now rejecting the benzyol peroxide and no, this is not the initial breakout that benzyol peroxide "supposedly" causes. I have been to multiple dermatologists and they all said I need to be on acccutane immediately because of how bad the scarring is. I have been on accutane for two weeks and I have this pressure in my head and feel very out of it. There is a lag in your skin when you get off benzyol peroxide. You will get some breakouts in the beginning but it will come back 100 times worse in time.

This review is not for you to stop from trying this product. This product changed my life after spending thousands on the regimen over the years.

I hope acne.org will put some disclaimer on their website/products that discontinuing after long-term use can potentially damage your skin.

Thank you for an amazing 9 years and the hell I am going through now.

1 month in a half update
Reviewed on May 13, 2017

I was a bit skeptical when first buying the Regimen, but after doing research, hearing great reviews and growing tired of unable to be comfortable in my own skin, I decided to take the chance and place my order. I carefully read and followed all the directions, precisely. Within the first 2 weeks I began to see change. The inflammation and redness from my acne was reducing much more than ever! Now, I did also notice my skin getting much more dry, but I'm guessing that's how it works, right? Anyways after completing my first month of the regimen my skin was SOOO MUCH MORE CLEAR! It's not completely clear yet,I still do have redness and acne, but the regimen has given me better results than any other product I have used, and trust me I have used SEVERAL! This regimen also helped me to regain my confidence and love for my skin once again! I now go around school WITHOUT makeup which helps the regimen to work much better from my experience and I get compliments from my friends saying how much my acne has reduced because even when I did wear makeup it was still very noticeable. Now I can't wait to see what the second month brings me.

P.S. if you're wanting to know my skin type- I have combination skin that leans more to the dry side around my cheeks and jaw those are also the parts that got more patchy and dry

Getting worried and feeling anxious!
Reviewed on May 13, 2017

I started the regimen on April 19th so I'm on my 3rd week and I'm not seeing a difference really. I am actually getting a few cystic acne like the deep painful ones more than before. And when I wake up in the morning I have a couple really small white heads on my chin everyday. I do wear makeup because I am not confident enough to go to work without it and I tend to pick at my face. Something I try to control but it's hard sometimes. Especially when these white heads keep forming. Just trying to get an understanding and reausrrance. My face overall I have noticed is smoother and seems less inflamed. But disappointed on the amount of active pimples I continue to have.

4 month update
Reviewed on April 24, 2017

i have been using this regimen for about 4 months and i do not break out anymore. cannot thank this product enough. but i would like to stop using it and switch to just taking care of my skin properly. though i am afraid that once i stop, my breakouts may come back. i also have noticed that my face is discolored, there is a noticeable ring around my eyes. hoping the side effects are temporary.

by Anonnnn on 05/08/2017 01:17
Please update us when you stopped using the regimen and how your skin reacted :)
Two month review
Reviewed on March 12, 2017

I'm on my second week of using these products and things are going well. The first week my skin was very dry, burned, and flaky but my acne was clearing up. There was even a day when I had no active acne! A first for me in a long time! However now the second week I am having a small breakout. Which they said is normal. I have two or three large pimples and clogged pores on my nose but the rest of my skin seems to be doing okay. I have to say I do enjoy the cleanser and how effortlessly it cleans my skin. Unlike any cleanser I've used before. Although it tends to dry out my face. The benzoyl peroxide goes on clear which is good and haven't experienced any bleaching with it yet. The moisturizer is also good as it doesn't irritate my skin or make it greasy. What I like most about these products is their ability to control the skins oil production. My skin is extremely oily and have never been able to control it until now and I've tried everything out there. What I dislike most is how much of each product I have to use which makes me feel I will run out quickly. (This stuff is expensive). My skin looks mostly like what it did before but less oily and slightly smoother. I will update in a couple weeks to track the progress.

1 MONTH UPDATE

I have been using the regimen for a month and I still feel like I'm waiting to see the full effect of these products. I still get acne (maybe from stress?) but my skin is overall smoother. I am no longer dry but I am not oily either. I also have less clogged pores than before. I am now applying a generous amount of BP coating the skin entirely. One thing to note these products do nothing to fade acne scars. In fact the scars I've been getting are almost worse than before and are taking a while to fade. The acne seems to form quicker with these products but they don't fade any quicker. Definitely nothing dramatic but there's small positive changes. Still hoping I can get completely clear.

2 MONTH UPDATE

Skin is acne free for the most part and have only broke out once in the past month. However every acne has left a bad mark so I don't feel like my skin is truly clear. I am currently searching for something to help the scarring while staying on the regimen (aha has not helped much). I am also concerned of skin discoloration another user has mentioned. I've noticed a slight unpleasant tan but didn't think anything of it until I saw another review about it. My skin is also somewhat rough and dry even with moisturizer. It's especially apparent when I apply sunscreen (needed on the regimine). Despite causing some addition skin concerns, overall I am impressed with the results and it has been a positive experience.

by Emma228228 on 03/27/2017 10:26
After 2 week did your skin become better already?
Works, but beware of side effects - If tanning (skin discolouration) occurs, stop immediately
Reviewed on April 14, 2017

Conclusion: Follow Dan's advice- If skin discolouration (brown/orange 'tanning') occurs during use, stop immediately.

BP Pro's: It was pretty good at stopping new spots appearing.

BP Con's:

1. Every spot that did appear when using BP would scar and so the number of apparent spots on my face would not be any less than before using BP, even though far less new spots were appearing. (When i say scar, I mean hyperpigmentation marks, each of which take 6-9 months to disappear for me)

2. 'Tanning' (Skin discolouration): Dan does say that one side effect of BP is skin discolouration and that BP should be stopped if this occurs. I started to 'tan' after a week or two of using the product - skin was becoming more orange/brown, but not in a nice tan way - my skin was an unhealthy shade and there were noticeable rings around my eyes and lines on my neck (where I wasn't using BP). A lot of users on acne . org say this is a common and temporary side effect which may go away, so I persevered. It did not go away, and I stopped BP. However, it is now 4-5 months since stopping BP (and all other acne . org products) and the 'tan' is still as apparent as it was 1 week after stopping - there has been no fading in the last 4 months so it seems it may be permanent. The resultant 'tan lines' are almost as much of a problem as the acne itself, and whilst acne will disappear with age, I am now worried that the 'tan' wont.

Other relevant details:

I built up (over a period of 1 month or so) to applying BP twice daily. I would use dan's moisuriser and cleanser as directed too. I also added in AHA after another month or so and used this every couple of days. I followed all of the acne . org instructions. I did not have any other side effects from BP (other than dry skin, which became less of a problem upon using AHA). After the 'tanning' became quite apparent, I reduced the BP to once daily, not twice, and did not observe any change. I thought the 'tan' may have been due to the yellow pigment in the moisturiser but this was not the case (I trialled switching moisturisers and this did not change anything). I also thought that the 'tan' may have been due to the UV sensitivity that occurs upon using AHA, however it was winter at the time (in UK) and there was essentially zero sun.

I have white skin which tans averagely - I am not particularly sensitive to the sun.

Just do it!
Reviewed on April 1, 2017

If you're at your wits end with acne and have tried everything, don't hesitate, PLEASE do yourself a huge favor and start the acne.org treatment. One of the best decisions I've ever made! I literally never review anything but wanted to review this amazing regimen and acne.org products.

I've always had persistent acne, concentrated in a few areas (especially in between my eyebrows). After going on birth control to treat acne and regulate my periods last year, I started getting scarring acne everywhere on my face. Turns out estrogen messes with your melanin production, and some people actually experience worse acne once starting birth control. It was devastating to my confidence. There was a lot of crying. I tried all sorts of natural remedies, like cutting out dairy, but nothing worked. Eventually I quit birth control, which helped, but I was still experiencing consistent, scarring acne.

I was always on this site looking at reviews for other acne remedies, but one day I decided to buy the treatment after looking at all the positive reviews, especially on youtube. I had tried benzoyl peroxide in the past, but once I looked into the "regimen" that Dan gives you, I realized I had been using it all wrong. I would only put it on fully formed zits instead of using it as a proactive measure. If you follow the regimen by gently washing your face, applying A LOT of BP, and then moisturizing (morning and night), your face WILL clear. I had really dry skin at first but I just used a lot of moisturizer and my skin adjusted after a few weeks. The first weeks weren't pretty though. Adding in the AHA also helped a ton with dryness.

Mine cleared after about a month, although I do still have discoloration left over. I still do the regimen morning and night, and my skin has never looked better. I never think about acne anymore. I might get a few around my period, but with the regimen they go away pretty fast. I actually use cetaphil cleanser now (it's easier to pick up at the store), but I always buy the benzoyl peroxide gel from this site because it goes on clear and it's the most cost-effective. A big bottle lasts me around 8 months.

My advice: buy the regimen, and watch the videos/instructions on the acne.org website to make sure you're using it correctly. It might take a while, but eventually your skin will clear and you will have your confidence back! It's honestly been life-changing for me.

Acne is under control for the first time in two years!
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

I started struggling with acne in my late 20's and I am now in my late 30's. I had a major painful outbreak of persistent acne for the last two years and this kit has transformed my skin in about a months time. Today my skin is beautiful, clear, and luminous. I was afraid to try this because of bad experiences with proactive years ago and I thought benzoyl peroxide was not for me, but I was wrong. Upon first application the pain and irritation my skin was immediately soothed. I have very sensitive skin and knew this going in, so I adjusted the regimen. first day I applied twice a day, next day once a day and then a two day break and then two days on once a day two days off for the rest of the month. I did not increase application to every day because I was experiencing progress and I did not need to use the treatment every day for results. For me using the treatment to often causes irritation, today I use the treatment once or twice a week to maintain my results. I love the cleanser and moisturizer and I use these every day. This is a very effective system and I could not be happier!

Should i keep using this or not?
Reviewed on March 27, 2017

I've just used regimen for 7 days and my skin getting worse day by day. I am so dessperated and stressful about my ances. What should i do now?

by Kevintdicarlo on 04/20/2017 02:52
Hang in there. It gets worse before it gets better. You need to use it for at least a month to tell if it's workimg