The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 229 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Slayed my Teenage Acne
Reviewed on June 23, 2015

At the age of fourteen, I was suffering from some serious acne. It would spread all over my forehead...Yep, the one place where everyone looks. Let's not forget about the acne on the sides of my temple and on my chin..It was all fabulous...Not. I tried everything that I could find in my local drug store...I tried simple cleansers like Clean and Clear Morning burst or a simple Oil free cleanser...No progress..I even tried facial scrubs and clay mask..Nothing. Finally, I remembered that I had ordered a sample size regimen last year for $5. I remember how little acne I had and my clear face after trying out the product..Immediately, I ordered the full size regimen kit and saw beautiful results two days after..Two days after, my acne became smaller..Over time, my face began to clear and I now have one pimple from forgetting to use the regimen twice per day (whoops !) Within three weeks, I saw my results and now , at the age of 15, I feel amazing :) Hope you can too!

Quite amazing
Reviewed on June 23, 2015

I've had cystic acne for 2, long miserable years. My acne days actually started before that. It wasn't bad of course, but I remember way back in the second grade I was so embarrassed because I had a big ol' zit on my chin on picture day! the SECOND grade!!! Okay so it's just been really hard for me. I'm a rising ninth grader and I can't even express how awful middle school was for me (ya know just crying in the bathroom stalls and shedding a tear in the back of the line....just the same old stuff). EVERY person that surrounded me had the most beautiful skin that I dreamed of. The awful looks they gave me will be something I'll never forget. I remember exactly how I discovered this product. I was having one of the worst breakouts in my life and was an emotional wreck and was watching all these videos on YouTube on how people cleared up their skin. Then some girl was talking about the acne.org regimen and that was something I had not heard of before so I did tons of research on it. That was way back in January and i finally got it in June. I got it in June because I didn't wanna go to school with peely dry skin which was supposed to be one of the side effects. Surprisingly, I didn't experience dry skin AT ALL!!! Throughout all the things I have tried (neutrogena deep cleanser, pink grapefruit acne wash, epiduo, x-out, retin-a, purpose, clearasil, 2 different l'oreal face washes, and SO much more things that I don't feel like typing) none have ever dried me out. I think this is because I have the most oily skin in the whole world!!! Like you could scrape the oil off my face and bake a cake with it. It literally looks like I got cooking spray and sprayed my face for 30 seconds straight. No joke. And one time this girl that I don't even talked to comes up to me and says "uh, are you sweaty?" and I said no so then she said "oh....well you're REALLY shiny...." Needless to say, I simply walked away and ignored her stupid little comment. But anyways I so far have experienced nothing but good things from this! When I first used it, I'm pretty sure it brought up the zits and whatnot that were forming under my skin to the surface. After those went away (they were gone by the time I was in bed that night) and felt like some sort of progress had been made. So about the products themselves. I love them all of course, but I should just let you know what they're all like. The cleanser is super runny and lathers extremely well. I really like it. But I have to admit, I don't wash my face for less than 10 seconds like you're supposed to, and I don't use my hands. I use the l'oreal scrublet that goes with their face washes (when I was trying those...p.s. l'oreal isn't that bad, to be honest. If you have mild acne, try their salicylic acid acne wash. I helped me some but didn't clear up my cystic acne). So the actually benzoyl peroxide medication is my very best friend cuz he's the one who kills that disgusting acne. It's a gel that's a little thicker than that of aloe Vera and has a whitish color. The moisturizer is pretty good as well. A little bit can get you far (for me at least). It is yellow and is not as thick as your everyday lotion. I also must let you know that I do exfoliate sometimes with st. Ives invigorating apricot scrub (it's as CVS just so ya know). I'm also not sure if you'll care but I use fructis' full and plush shampoo/conditioner because I have found that it doesn't cause acne on my back and forehead as other shampoos and conditioners have done. Goodness I have written a lot but that could be a good thing because it will show you how THANKFUL I AM FOR THIS!!!!! I SOMETIMES CRY BECAUSE I AM SO MUCH HAPPIER WITH MYSELF AND AM SOO MUCH MORE CONFIDENT!! I CAN MAKE EYE CONTACT AGAIN! I DONT HAVE TO FAKE A SMILE ANYMORE!!! THANKS DAN YOURE THE BEST!!!!

It truly works!
Reviewed on March 31, 2015

At first of course I was skeptical about this regime after trying many many products and nothing really works, maybe ProActiv for awhile did work but 30$/month wasn't something I was willing to pay for a regime that didn't help get rid of all my acne. I suffered from mild acne and had recently suffer from a really bad cystic breakout (before I ordered the regime). After a week of researching and reading reviews, watching testimonial videos, I decided that this was my last try before getting on accutune. I feel like it worked right away, I was getting less and less cystic breakout everyday. After about a month, my breakouts were gone! I'm on my second month now, and only dealing with maybe one new pimple/cyst a week, but it would be gone within 1-2 days. I truly think this is a miracle worker and would recommend this to anyone willing to try a new regime for their acne. The basic 8 oz regime set should last you AT LEAST 2 months if you're using twice a day. 45$ for 2 month of products is really affordable to me, and I'm a broke college student. The only reason why this isn't a five star is because the moisturizer isn't that great, at least for my skin. It doesn't keep your skin moisturize for long either. I read negative reviews about it and would agree that it could causes you to breakout at time. I would recommend getting a cheaper alternative moisturizer that you think will work for you. One last thing I would suggest is getting the AHA if your skin is really cracked and dry from the regime, it works great for me, also improved my complexion as well. If you only want to buy the BP and Cleanser, I suggest getting 16 oz because you will get free shipping :) If you follow the regime religiously, it will work! Oh and shipping is really long if you used the free shipping option. Took 2 weeks to get here!

UPDATE: 5/25/15 It has been about 3 months since I started using this Regime, and the results is amazing! my skin hasn't been this clear and smooth since my childhood days probably. I haven't had a pimple in almost 2 months. Currently I'm testing using BP only once a day to save cost, and so far its working as good as twice a day did. I've starting this week using the regime for back acne, I'll update on that soon. I would have to say that only side effect is that your skin can get really dry throughout the day if you use moisturizer, but my skin is getting less and less dry and the look of cracking skin is slowly going away. I would have to say this product is great and I would recommend it to anyone.

by kennyq on 06/03/2015 19:57
if you don't use moisturizer*
Give it time but it works
Reviewed on May 19, 2015

My son is almost 16 and had fairly bad acne, not horrible, but I know it bothered him. He kept his feelings about it to himself, as some boys tend to do, but I knew it was really bothering him. A friend of his told him about acne.org and I very reluctantly ordered it--we had tried so many different "regimens" that I had no faith one way or another--just spending another 50 bucks that I could hardly afford. He has followed the treatment to the letter and after about 5 weeks, I saw his skin tonight and it was like his 12 year old skin again. A few pimples here and there but not what it was before. The key is you have to follow the instructions religiously and be at peace with the 50 bucks a month it'll cost you. But the difference in how he feels is worth it...one less night out for me or new shoes is worth seeing him feel confident about himself again. Be sure to buy Jojo oil as the regime make the skin very, very dry. I left one star of because the instructions are really bad, basically a slip of paper with some rules to follow. [link removed] should understand that some careful words of encouragement can keep people with the program. Other than that, if you're a parent who is concerned about your child's acne, and if your child can stick with a routine, this product does what it claims to do.

Works fast and effectively
Reviewed on May 4, 2015

I've been using the regimen on and off for many years, and it definitely works. A first time user should find minor relief within just one day/night; as the skin will feel a bit drier (in a positive way) and a tiny reduction in acne overnight. Within a few weeks, it sticks and works more and more. The effect tapers off within 1-2 weeks after you stop using it.

It's important to follow the instructions particularly for the benzoyl peroxide part, particularly the part about thoroughly rubbing it in after applying it. Otherwise, you're left with a wet and icky feeling on your face. It's also important to not skimp on the moisturizer, or your skin will get dry.

To name a few downsides of the product: It smells a bit icky, feels a bit wet (rub it in thoroughly but gently to minimize this), and bleaches textiles. You really can't apply it in the morning and head out for school or work; it will smell and feel uncomfortable, particularly if you mix it up with the moisturizer, and your clothes will get bleached. I just apply it in the evening after my daily shower and it will be fully absorbed the morning after. I put on a white t-shirt (white textiles do not get miscolored by it) for the evening, before applying it.

One more note: You can use other face wash and moisturizer products; the cheap and plentiful amounts of benzoyl peroxide treatment is what makes the regimen great. I would give benzoyl peroxide 4 stars because of the downsides of smell and bleaching, but that's not the fault of the regimen, so I give 5 stars all in all.

by aphrodite0627 on 05/11/2015 21:43
i have a mild case of pimple and a lot of pimple marks on my face, can i use this product and help my marks? thanks!
AMAZING & LIFE CHANGING
Reviewed on April 28, 2015

So, baaically all of my late teens/early 20s I was struggling with occasional pimples.. At one point it got so bad where I really needed to do something about it. I tried every single thing in the drugstores, then I finally turned to Proactiv. Proactiv did work for me but then suddenly just stopped. I finally came across Acne.org regimen. And let me just say.. This has been the best decision of my life. My skin is BEAUTIFULLY CLEAR. And people are really noticing. Not only did it clear up my skin completely and help breakouts.. But I literally don't get pimples anymore. People have been saying 'wow! Your skin is glowing' and how great my complexion is. It's a great feeling.. All because of this regimen. I suggest YOU TRY IT. There is nothing better!

by on 05/11/2015 12:50
do you keep using it when it gets better or go off it?
by gissellehurtado on 05/25/2015 07:09
Will my skin worsen if I stop using it?
Not for my skin...
Reviewed on April 21, 2015

I have been using the regimen for almost a month now, and i havent seen a change in my skin. I really dont like it at all, my skin is extrmely dry and does not feel really nice. Its horrible with my makeup, makes it looks so cakey uggg...will not order again....Gonna be trying Natural Dermis...

by Lianam95 on 05/19/2015 10:25
It's ALWAYS like this at first. At first for me because I wasn't willing to give up wearing make up with how bad my acne was but it gets better DONT give up yet!
AMAZING!!! Started working immediately!
Reviewed on April 10, 2015

I have struggled with severe acne since I was really young. Nothing ever worked to get rid of my acne to a point that i felt comfortable wearing little to no makeup. I saw this regimen on this random video on youtube and was like that looks amazing. so i did some (or should i say a ton) of research. I decided after a few weeks to just go ahead and take the plunge. I had pretty high hopes ones a figured the product could never amount up to but boy was i wrong! I started this regimen and within three day (yeah three days) my skin was already starting to look so much better. I was getting compliment from friend and my family! I hadn't told any one i was starting this btw. Ive been on this for awhile now and i can say that my skin has never ever looked this good!! it really shocks me that not only did it get rid of my current acne but any future breakouts like whatsoever! i haven't had one pimple in over 2 weeks! like what!! I recommend this product to any one and everyone who suffers with mild to sever acne it will change you skin and it change your confidence! Oh and make sure to buy the jojoba oil with the regimen because unless your like extremely oily this will dry you out seriously for the first week or so. but if you use the jojoba oil you will be good to go!

Something is finally working!
Reviewed on March 3, 2015

It has been such a horrible experience trying to find something to get rid of my acne. I'm so glad that I stumbled upon an acne.org success story on YouTube. This stuff is really good and if you follow it closely you will for sure start seeing a difference in your skin after a month. My skin was starting to get SUPER dry because I was trying to get a finger's worth of BP like the instructions say but I had to cut back and only do a little less than half in the day time and half of the BP in the night time. I used a honey and avocado mask to get rid of the dry patches and it worked. I use the Neutrogena clear faces spf and use the Mario Badescu healing and soothing mask at night. I'm just really happy about this product and glad I don't have to keep searching.

by Avilaaa16 on 03/17/2015 05:30
How did you make the avocado and honey mask? My skin is really dry and peeling a lot.
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 22:47
I just got avocado and this honey: [link removed] I got mine at Whole Foods! I heard that Manuka honey is more effective if you wanna buy that but I just used what I had at my house. I really hope this works for you! Use it for about 20-30 minutes.
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 22:47
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 23:07
make sure the honey is organic!
This. Works. 2 weeks in.
Reviewed on March 22, 2015

Since about 5 years ago I have had oily and acne prone skin. The last 1-2 years it has taken a turn for the worse and at times my chin was totally covered in white horrible cysts and what not. This have certainly affected me negatively. I get VERY self-conscious when I'm talking to someone and I know I have acne all over my face. The most days I'd like to stay home so that I won't get in contact with any other human.

I've tried cleaning and moisturizing morning and evening to no avail, perhaps this was due to not being gentle enough, whatever it didn't work at all. The last couple of months I've been trying the caveman regimen, e.g do not wash or in any manner treat your face. I believe that for people that aren't acne prone, this may just work due to the irritation caused by overusing products. For my part, this just made my face look really awful. The acne didn't disappear and my face took on a grainy and bumpy texture. I kept waiting for the caveman regimen to start working, It never did. The hyperpigmentation from old acne lingered and made my face look all red even if I at the time didn't have any active acne.

Stumbled upon this site and thought "What the hell, It doesn't matter if things get worse now". And the first couple of days it might have. My skin got very flaky, red and itched like hell. Had a couple of acne popping up in my chin area, as per usual. I'm now 2 weeks into the routine and the benzoyl peroxide isn't the pain in the ass it used to be. Okay now to the pros. All active acne has subsided and my hyperpigmentation is fading slowly. The one thing that stands out the most perhaps is the texture of my face. It is completely smooth. I can't remember a time when my face was this smooth to the touch. This regimen is just amazing in so many ways. Haven't been using Dan's products but similiar products that can be found in the country I live.

I would recommend this to everyone who has acne problem. Thanks Dan, your great!