The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 210 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

A BIG thank you
Reviewed on December 7, 2014

I have tried medication (both western and chinese) and different methods to cure my acne. some of them worked for a while and then stopped working, and some made my problem even worse. The side-effects for western medicine was extremely significant as it caused severe diarrhoea.

Regimen was a bit of a pain to start with, but I am very glad that I started it. It was the best decision I could have ever made.

Consistency is the key
Reviewed on December 3, 2014

I have been using the Regimine for about four years. I am in my late 30's and have tried everything. Over the years, I had hoped that I was "over acne" and have attempted to switch to competitors, but nothing works better. The Regimine is a basic process that works better than anything else. It takes consistency and patience with drying time. If you can take some time on your skin, it will work better than any other product you will try.

Cleanser: The basic cleanser works very well with any skin type. The key to the cleanser is washing your hands first, then preparing a good lather in your palms before washing your face. I actually had a recent abdominal surgery and used the cleanser to clear my incision because it is very basic and good for sensitive skin.

BP: I love the generous bottle with the pump. I have learned that you must wait for your skin to dry completely before applying the BP, otherwise, you will minimize the impact of the BP and potentially dry your skin.

Lotion / AHA: I use one pump of lotion and one pump of AHA and mix them in my palm. You must wait for the BP to dry completely, but this step is critical. It may not seem logical if you have used other product, but the use of lotion soothes the skin and helps with an even texture. It is a magical combination. If I feel like my skin is dry in the winter, I also combine a bit of Jojoba oil.

Overall, plan for your skincare. You must allow drying time between each of the three steps. A good multi-vitamin and water is a great addition to the Regimine. Be patient with your skin and follow the Regimine exactly. You will see results.

It works!
Reviewed on December 3, 2014

I was on Proactiv for 10 years and had a great skin. I decided to stop using it thinking I was in good shape as an adult.

Within a month or two I suffered terrible break outs... the worst of my life.

I saw a dermatologist and tried a bunch of things: Epiduo, Clindamycin and Doxycycline.

Nothing was working so eventually the dermatologist suggested nipping it all in the bud with Accutane.

I was pretty nervous about it and ultimately felt like it wasn't worth the potential side effects.

I went back on Proactiv and saw moderate results.

They changed the formula and I wasn't really all that happy with the overall results, and I decided to give The Regimen a try.

It sounds cliche, given all the other posts here, but I wish I had just tried it from the beginning. I remember reading reviews for all the different treatments that I was trying and also reading the reviews for The Regimen, being a bit skeptical.

It's been about 5 months now and my skin is as clear as it's been in years. Some blemishes here and there but now anything that pops up is much smaller than ever and way more manageable. What blemishes that do surface usually disappear within a day or two.

I know this probably isn't a forever solution but I would recommend The Regimen pretty easily and quickly.

Products that Work
Reviewed on October 30, 2014

I’ve always been pretty lazy about taking care of my skin. I would wash my face in the shower, and that’s about it. As I entered my mid-thirties, my face began breaking out like I was a teenager. It was also dull and I was noticing age spots and gaping pores on my nose and chin. I had tried the BP treatment from acne.org years ago, and I remember it working well. So I bought another bottle and started using it religiously. (I paired it with Neutrogena Natural face wash and Cetaphil and Cerave moisturizers.)

One day, I received an unexpected package in the mail: a full sample-sized Regimen kit. I was surprised! I can’t think of another company that has sent me such a generous gift for trying their product. The kit also came with coupons, which I used to purchase cleanser and the AHA product.

The Regimen works great. After about a month, my skin was pretty clear. I only suffer the occasional pimple- I do not break out like I used to. Here’s a review of each of the separate products:

Cleanser: Happy with the cleanser. It is very gentle, doesn’t have a heavy fragrance, and removes a lot of my makeup. I do use jojoba oil (from Trader Joe’s) to get rid of all my mascara and eyeliner, and I follow the cleanser with a gentle toner (from Simple) to get the guck the cleanser didn’t. I don’t know if the cleanser is “better” than, say, Cetaphil, but I appreciate the size, the pumping mechanism, and the overall cost. It lasts a long time, and I trust this brand.

Benzoyl Peroxide: Most of the over –the- counter treatments contain 10% BP, which is okay for spot treatment, but not for spreading over your entire face. The BP will clear your skin and will then work to prevent further breakouts. I’ve never seen a similar product like it out there. The generous size makes it a great bargain. This stuff changed my life!

Any amount of BP will dry out the skin, so using a moisturizer is crucial. However, my skin is now used to the BP, and if I skip the moisturizer, I’m okay. Give it a good six weeks to clear up your skin. If it doesn’t work, time to see the dermatologist…

Moisturizer: I’ve used the sample moisturizer, and I had no problem with it. However, I like my Cetaphil morning moisturizer because it has sunscreen. I’m also trepidatious because of acne.org moisturizer’s negative reviews: I have fair skin and do not want to stain my face yellow! (Though, I have heard the licorice root is also supposed to fade dark spots.) Because I am approaching 40, I am interested in an anti-aging nighttime moisturizer. Right now, I am using Cerave nighttime moisturizer, but will probably try something new when it is gone.

AHA: Love this stuff. Great price for such a large bottle. I started slowly, mixing some with my moisturizer. Then I tested an inconspicuous spot on my neck. Now I put it straight on my entire face two to three times a week in place of moisturizer. I always wake up with more glowy skin, and it definitely helps with breakouts.

Suggestions: I would love to see a moisturizer with SPF… or even a separate SPF that won’t cause blemishes. BP and AHA increase sensitivity to the sun, and so it’s important to incorporate SPF into a daily routine.

I would also love to see more information about mixing skincare products on the site. For instance, I didn’t realize retinol and BP used together can actually cancel out the other’s effectiveness. Vitamin C, a popular collagen-boosting ingredient in serums, shouldn’t be used with AHAs. I am interested in using other anti-aging products that work with acne-fighting products.

Finally, I still have large pores on my nose and chin, and some blackheads. I would love to see a blackhead treatment in the acne.org arsenal.

Overall, I’m extremely pleased with the products, the customer service, and the value of the products. Strongly recommend to anyone battling acne.

So far So Gooood
Reviewed on October 27, 2014

First off I would like to give you a brief over view of my-self. I am a 16 years old guy in high school and have mild acne ( 2-3 pimples a month) but unfortunately suffer from hyperpigmentation (red marks that linger after a pimple) I also have pretty normal skin with a lightly oily forehead and nose (not too bad) I started using The Regimen about a couple of days ago and already LOVE it! I actually quit using Proactiv+ to try this out instead because I found it to be to drying, it did work very well it just wasn't moisturizing enough. Now onto Acne.org. I like how the company did not rely on advertisements to improve their sale. I ordered the 3 step system (cleanser, treatment and moisturizer), the AHA Glycolic Acid and the Jojoba oil. I use the 3 step system twice a day every day along with 4 drops of Jojoba oil after the moisturizer. I also use my Vitagoods Spin For Perfect Skin brush and have not encountered and irritation problems so far. The system has really helped clear my very mild acne. I use the AHA Glycolic Acid Monday and Friday In replacement of the moisturizer and apply 4 drops of Jojoba after I apply the AHA. The AHA is just as/if not more hydrating than the moisturizer itself and does tingle and burn A VERY LITTLE (if you have sensitive skin please be careful). The Regimen as really cleared my skin with little to no redness and drying as I have been on some sort of BP for quite some time so my skin as grown accustom. The AHA has faded my hyper pigmentation quite a bit in a week and smoothed my skin making it very soft and glowy. I have also noticed that you can get far more 2 months with the supply they give you if you only use as much AS NEEDED. For example, in the morning i use 1/2 a pump of cleanser with my hands ( it lathers VERY WELL) then about 1/3 of a finger of treatment (tip of finger to first "crease") and 1/2 pump of moisturizer ( I don't use Jojoba oil in the morning). Then at night I again use 1/2 pump of cleanser with my Vitagoods Spin Brush then 1/3 finger of treatment and 1/2 pump of moisturizer and if I use the AHA instead of the moisturizer (twice a week) I use about 1/3 finger of AHA and lastly top it off by patting 4 drops of Jojoba oil on my face and neck. As far as spot treatments and face masks go, the best spot treatment I have found is the Mario Badescu "Drying Lotion" a.k.a isopropyl alcohol and calamine lotion. i just make my own and it is AMAZING and clears a pimple in about 2 days. For face masks I have yet to find a miracle but am still on the hunt:) As for all that I hope you find this review helpful and hope you see great results as I have. Thank you for reading, have a blessed day!

changed my view of life!
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

First of all I just wanted to let you guys know my story. I was a good student, let me just start that off from the middle , I was a bright student had good grades got compliments every time I achieved good position and grades for every subject, and then few years later I started getting acne , I was depressed, got low grades even failure , fear of failure sleeplessness , less confident , low self esteem , trying to do everything right (which I was unsuccessful) because I had a fear of failure, i couldn't face anybody , fake laughs, fake thoughts, fake future plannings, lies about how perfect am i , people said i am dumb and my little brother is smart (this comment really killed my self esteem), I was pissed off at everyone at every time because I thought everybody was wrong and I was right) trying to satisfy each and everybody around me , even though I was right I got yelled at, people took advantage of me, I was being a super idiot to everybody, I cried , I spent about $5000+ (tota as of now) in treatment , nothing affected anything, people made fun of me , people said I'm ugly, I'm stupid, I got a lame ass van to drive (even my own niggas), they treated me toy (played with me and ignored next time) I had this problem for more than 4 years. I lost all my confident and accepted my life like that I lost all hopes getting my skin improved and not getting comments about my acne every time I talked to anyone (while making an eye contact) then I started smoke weed which was the worse part , I started smoke to get along with my niggas because I found that reason to be little social and friendly (so people like to hangout with me) but it never happened I got ripped off every time from my friends making me pay all the bills at the restaurant and for weed (giving me compliments on my face) talking about how stupid am I in the back. I was unaware of everything. Then I started researching about treatments that really worked for anyone and started reading reviews on this website , I finally ordered that after a long time and it really didn't satisfy me in the beginning (like 1,2 weeks) but after using this product for 3 and half week I got some real improvements , i got compliments , I regained my memory, I had a different point of view, my Brain started thinking more and I feel like I am back in my 5 year old life where I had real (die hard niggas) girlfriends , social life , interacting with people more , real laughs , confidential level is restored , I got my self esteem back, not gonna be fool again! (I seriously love this product (it made me right down that big ass review for the first time in my life I wrote down that big ass review because it changed my life completely) which I bet most of you didn't even read lol) so thank you very much for creating this product, it made me so cool about every thing around me like I used to be 100°F or more every time now I am -05°F lol. Simply awesome!!! <3 <3 <3

Good
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

Everything is perfect but the moisturizer is the worst. Fix the moisturizer and it will be 5 stars.

Works Wonderfully
Reviewed on August 23, 2014

I've been using acne.org's benzoyl peroxide treatment for a little over a year now. Last summer, I was suffering from anxiety and low-self esteem caused by a sudden and more severe than I'd ever before experienced bout of acne. The stress and anxiety caused a lapse in my normally healthy eating habits, which only led to more breakouts. Acne.org first gave me the most important thing: hope. After several months, if gave me the thing I'd been seeking for a very long time: a cure! After using the treatment for a year, I rarely experience breakouts--when I do, they are small and manageable, and disappear quickly. I rarely get the same painful pimples that I used to! I did replace the acne.org face wash and moisturizer with my own Keys foaming face cleanser and moisturizer, as I know they are environmentally sustainable and natural products that are also very mild on my skin. I can assure you that the treatment works just as well without the entire acne.org regimen, at least on my skin. I hope that the treatment continues to work for me, and I wish you luck on your journey to healthy, happy skin!

LARGE PORES!!! HELP!!!
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

Acne Runs In My Family My Brother Had it and My Sister, and after My Brother's Acne Cleared Up He Has Had SUPER LARGE PORES Ever Since, I Got Acne last Year and It Has Hit Me HARD and I didnt want to end up having my brother's skin so I Found This Website and Instantly Bought "The Regimen" and I've Been Using This For About 2-3 weeks now and It Has Helped And Has Smoothen My Skin, But The Problem Is MY SKIN DOES NOT LOOK SMOOTH. My Skin May Feel Smooth but Its Coverd In Large Pores, It Has Gotten Really Flakey, and This Does Nothing For Blackheads and WhiteHeads. So Can AnyOne Please Help, I Dont Want Large Pores!

ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME
Reviewed on August 6, 2014

This Regimen is GREAT!! I'm 31 years old and I never had acne as a teenager, it only started about a year ago, I've tried many other products and this is the only one that worked for me. I've been using it for about 6 months now, it took about 2 months to start noticing a difference.