The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 216 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Better than my prescriptions
Reviewed on February 25, 2015

I've waited 2 long depressing years for this moment. I went on 3 different prescription meds and none of them did a thing. My acne got so bad, people were recommending me acne products without me even asking! I even had someone pull me in to their bathroom and start applying their crappy acne product on my face!! Yeah, that actually pissed me the hell off. And to make things worse, their cheap product broke me out all over! Oh well, thank god I had the regimen to clean all that up.

It's been four months since I started using the regimen and my face is 100% clear. My hundreds of scars are almost gone too! I've been getting compliments on my complexion lately. I haven't had compliments on my skin since I was in high school.

It took about a month before I noticed a decent change. I went from breaking out everyday to every week. After about 3 months, all my blackheads and small bumps went away (those are almost impossible to get rid off!). At four months, my scars are barely noticeable and as of now, I'm acne free.

The first month was a nightmare. I've never seen my skin so dry in my life. I had to stop applying it twice a day and switch to just once a night. I only used the cleanser and the moisturizer in the morning and the full regimen at night, but even doing that, my skin was super flakey.

I didn't use the recommended ammount of bp and I still don't to this day. I use less than half as much as the recommended ammount and it still keeps my face clear.

I absolutely love this product and I'll continue to use it the rest of my life if I have to. I honestly haven't been this happy in years. My acne's finaly gone, along with my depression. I actually like what I see in the mirror now. Think I'll go flirt with some ladies today.

Amazing product
Reviewed on January 30, 2015

I have been on this site for years and I've always seen the acne.org regimen advertised, but always thought it was just a sales ploy to get people that come here to buy a product that doesn't work, boy was I wrong!

My acne has slowly been coming back after a third round on accutane and I thought I would give this a shot to finally control this lifelong problem. Especially since while accutane has worked for me, my acne has always come back.

I've used this regimen for about a month and I'm completely clear! I don't have one pimple. I seriously can't believe it. The only complaint I have is that it makes my skin very dry, especially when I try to use make-up but I've been experimenting with putting more jojoba oil into the moisturizer and its helping a lot!

Also, I can't recommend enough how important it is to start SLOWLY. I'm sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, but I started very slowly and the moisturizer balances out the benzoyl peroxide.

This is a time consuming regimen but I don't even care. My skin means everything to me and I'm so happy. My skin looks like it did while on accutane and I hope it stays this way. :)

by AmberS on 02/26/2015 00:11
Hi ive just started my second week on the regimen and like you my skin in sensitive to wel anything , my skin is starting to dry out too , I have the jojoba oil I was just wondering how much you mix in with your moisturiser? I never know if I am putting enough into the moisturer 🙈🙈💋 x
Excellent
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

If only the shipping to Australia was less costly...

Great products, especially the BP which seems more soothing than the cheaper Dr Song version. Really compliment each other well. What would I do without Dan's products? Probably hide again for another 10 years!

so far.... so good! 1month + 1 week in.
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

I NEVER make reviews on anything! Let alone, on the internet. But I have to say... acne.org regimen truly does work! I am not where I want to be, but I do see results. Most if not all of my cystic acne have diminished and the red/dark scarring are slowly but surely fading. My acne was so bad that I couldn't walk around my own home around my own family, without feeling insecure. It was THAT bad. Even at work, Being around women with beautiful skin, they would comment on my acne, giving me advices and such. It was absolutely embarrassing! I'm not at that point yet where I can leave my house bare-faced. But when I do wear make-up to cover up the scaring and even out my skin tone, no bumps and lumps peak through anymore. I now get compliments from the same women giving me advices and telling me my skin looks so much more refreshed and flawless. Best part? ... I've only been using the regimen for a little over a month!! And just a few days ago I placed my second order! I am certain by the time Spring/Summer rolls around (I am in Canada) I will be able to enjoy the sun on my face and not have to worry about my makeup melting off ;)

Meh
Reviewed on January 17, 2015

I've used the regimen for over two years now, and while my skin has definitely improved, I still break out quite frequently. Following the exact steps of the regimen takes an annoying amount of time, and if I don't follow the procedure exactly I break out even more. The regimen doesn't work badly, but since it's so time consuming it's not really worth the results I've been seeing.

Been using since 2005
Reviewed on December 24, 2014

Back in 05, I played around with my acne before college started. Mistake. I had a huge acne breakout, suntanned on minocycline, ended up with a bad bad complexion. Somehow found acne.org. First night my mom noticed improvement. Few weeks less and less acne.

Think of this stuff like a bunch of archers at a castle gate. The archers(the regimen) and the charging orcs(acne). Some orcs get through but most of the acne is killed from a distance.

This regimen takes a lot of experimenting. It can dry your face out really bad if you use to much benzoyl and not enough moisturizer. Redface in the day stuff.

I love this stuff and I know what my face looks like when I stop using it.

Just wear less during the day, and a ton at night if you have bad acne. Lots and lots of moisturizer during the night sessions. Alternate the amount you use at night. Try to find the balance between the drying benzoyl and the moisturizer. Balance is hard to figure out.

Recommendations:

1. Watch out how you sleep. Are you smashing your face into your pillow case? Hair gel and hair stuff could be adding to your acne. Train yourself to sleep on your back or change pillow cases often.

2. Dont touch your face obviously, use a napkin. Bathroom toilet seat covers are great for wiping away face oil.

3. Shaving or electric shaver? electric could reduce a ton of metal scrapping on the skin.

4. Be gentle.

5. Be healthy

6. Breath and find ways to meditate

7. No sun

I've thought about what I'd write on this page for 9 years. Kinda stupid, but when you're at your lowest (acne wise), and something like the regimen saves you, it means a lot.

A BIG thank you
Reviewed on December 7, 2014

I have tried medication (both western and chinese) and different methods to cure my acne. some of them worked for a while and then stopped working, and some made my problem even worse. The side-effects for western medicine was extremely significant as it caused severe diarrhoea.

Regimen was a bit of a pain to start with, but I am very glad that I started it. It was the best decision I could have ever made.

Consistency is the key
Reviewed on December 3, 2014

I have been using the Regimine for about four years. I am in my late 30's and have tried everything. Over the years, I had hoped that I was "over acne" and have attempted to switch to competitors, but nothing works better. The Regimine is a basic process that works better than anything else. It takes consistency and patience with drying time. If you can take some time on your skin, it will work better than any other product you will try.

Cleanser: The basic cleanser works very well with any skin type. The key to the cleanser is washing your hands first, then preparing a good lather in your palms before washing your face. I actually had a recent abdominal surgery and used the cleanser to clear my incision because it is very basic and good for sensitive skin.

BP: I love the generous bottle with the pump. I have learned that you must wait for your skin to dry completely before applying the BP, otherwise, you will minimize the impact of the BP and potentially dry your skin.

Lotion / AHA: I use one pump of lotion and one pump of AHA and mix them in my palm. You must wait for the BP to dry completely, but this step is critical. It may not seem logical if you have used other product, but the use of lotion soothes the skin and helps with an even texture. It is a magical combination. If I feel like my skin is dry in the winter, I also combine a bit of Jojoba oil.

Overall, plan for your skincare. You must allow drying time between each of the three steps. A good multi-vitamin and water is a great addition to the Regimine. Be patient with your skin and follow the Regimine exactly. You will see results.

It works!
Reviewed on December 3, 2014

I was on Proactiv for 10 years and had a great skin. I decided to stop using it thinking I was in good shape as an adult.

Within a month or two I suffered terrible break outs... the worst of my life.

I saw a dermatologist and tried a bunch of things: Epiduo, Clindamycin and Doxycycline.

Nothing was working so eventually the dermatologist suggested nipping it all in the bud with Accutane.

I was pretty nervous about it and ultimately felt like it wasn't worth the potential side effects.

I went back on Proactiv and saw moderate results.

They changed the formula and I wasn't really all that happy with the overall results, and I decided to give The Regimen a try.

It sounds cliche, given all the other posts here, but I wish I had just tried it from the beginning. I remember reading reviews for all the different treatments that I was trying and also reading the reviews for The Regimen, being a bit skeptical.

It's been about 5 months now and my skin is as clear as it's been in years. Some blemishes here and there but now anything that pops up is much smaller than ever and way more manageable. What blemishes that do surface usually disappear within a day or two.

I know this probably isn't a forever solution but I would recommend The Regimen pretty easily and quickly.

Products that Work
Reviewed on October 30, 2014

I’ve always been pretty lazy about taking care of my skin. I would wash my face in the shower, and that’s about it. As I entered my mid-thirties, my face began breaking out like I was a teenager. It was also dull and I was noticing age spots and gaping pores on my nose and chin. I had tried the BP treatment from acne.org years ago, and I remember it working well. So I bought another bottle and started using it religiously. (I paired it with Neutrogena Natural face wash and Cetaphil and Cerave moisturizers.)

One day, I received an unexpected package in the mail: a full sample-sized Regimen kit. I was surprised! I can’t think of another company that has sent me such a generous gift for trying their product. The kit also came with coupons, which I used to purchase cleanser and the AHA product.

The Regimen works great. After about a month, my skin was pretty clear. I only suffer the occasional pimple- I do not break out like I used to. Here’s a review of each of the separate products:

Cleanser: Happy with the cleanser. It is very gentle, doesn’t have a heavy fragrance, and removes a lot of my makeup. I do use jojoba oil (from Trader Joe’s) to get rid of all my mascara and eyeliner, and I follow the cleanser with a gentle toner (from Simple) to get the guck the cleanser didn’t. I don’t know if the cleanser is “better” than, say, Cetaphil, but I appreciate the size, the pumping mechanism, and the overall cost. It lasts a long time, and I trust this brand.

Benzoyl Peroxide: Most of the over –the- counter treatments contain 10% BP, which is okay for spot treatment, but not for spreading over your entire face. The BP will clear your skin and will then work to prevent further breakouts. I’ve never seen a similar product like it out there. The generous size makes it a great bargain. This stuff changed my life!

Any amount of BP will dry out the skin, so using a moisturizer is crucial. However, my skin is now used to the BP, and if I skip the moisturizer, I’m okay. Give it a good six weeks to clear up your skin. If it doesn’t work, time to see the dermatologist…

Moisturizer: I’ve used the sample moisturizer, and I had no problem with it. However, I like my Cetaphil morning moisturizer because it has sunscreen. I’m also trepidatious because of acne.org moisturizer’s negative reviews: I have fair skin and do not want to stain my face yellow! (Though, I have heard the licorice root is also supposed to fade dark spots.) Because I am approaching 40, I am interested in an anti-aging nighttime moisturizer. Right now, I am using Cerave nighttime moisturizer, but will probably try something new when it is gone.

AHA: Love this stuff. Great price for such a large bottle. I started slowly, mixing some with my moisturizer. Then I tested an inconspicuous spot on my neck. Now I put it straight on my entire face two to three times a week in place of moisturizer. I always wake up with more glowy skin, and it definitely helps with breakouts.

Suggestions: I would love to see a moisturizer with SPF… or even a separate SPF that won’t cause blemishes. BP and AHA increase sensitivity to the sun, and so it’s important to incorporate SPF into a daily routine.

I would also love to see more information about mixing skincare products on the site. For instance, I didn’t realize retinol and BP used together can actually cancel out the other’s effectiveness. Vitamin C, a popular collagen-boosting ingredient in serums, shouldn’t be used with AHAs. I am interested in using other anti-aging products that work with acne-fighting products.

Finally, I still have large pores on my nose and chin, and some blackheads. I would love to see a blackhead treatment in the acne.org arsenal.

Overall, I’m extremely pleased with the products, the customer service, and the value of the products. Strongly recommend to anyone battling acne.