The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.1/5 - 353 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Two month review
Reviewed on March 12, 2017

I'm on my second week of using these products and things are going well. The first week my skin was very dry, burned, and flaky but my acne was clearing up. There was even a day when I had no active acne! A first for me in a long time! However now the second week I am having a small breakout. Which they said is normal. I have two or three large pimples and clogged pores on my nose but the rest of my skin seems to be doing okay. I have to say I do enjoy the cleanser and how effortlessly it cleans my skin. Unlike any cleanser I've used before. Although it tends to dry out my face. The benzoyl peroxide goes on clear which is good and haven't experienced any bleaching with it yet. The moisturizer is also good as it doesn't irritate my skin or make it greasy. What I like most about these products is their ability to control the skins oil production. My skin is extremely oily and have never been able to control it until now and I've tried everything out there. What I dislike most is how much of each product I have to use which makes me feel I will run out quickly. (This stuff is expensive). My skin looks mostly like what it did before but less oily and slightly smoother. I will update in a couple weeks to track the progress.

1 MONTH UPDATE

I have been using the regimen for a month and I still feel like I'm waiting to see the full effect of these products. I still get acne (maybe from stress?) but my skin is overall smoother. I am no longer dry but I am not oily either. I also have less clogged pores than before. I am now applying a generous amount of BP coating the skin entirely. One thing to note these products do nothing to fade acne scars. In fact the scars I've been getting are almost worse than before and are taking a while to fade. The acne seems to form quicker with these products but they don't fade any quicker. Definitely nothing dramatic but there's small positive changes. Still hoping I can get completely clear.

2 MONTH UPDATE

Skin is acne free for the most part and have only broke out once in the past month. However every acne has left a bad mark so I don't feel like my skin is truly clear. I am currently searching for something to help the scarring while staying on the regimen (aha has not helped much). I am also concerned of skin discoloration another user has mentioned. I've noticed a slight unpleasant tan but didn't think anything of it until I saw another review about it. My skin is also somewhat rough and dry even with moisturizer. It's especially apparent when I apply sunscreen (needed on the regimine). Despite causing some addition skin concerns, overall I am impressed with the results and it has been a positive experience.

by Emma228228 on 03/27/2017 10:26
After 2 week did your skin become better already?
Works, but beware of side effects - If tanning (skin discolouration) occurs, stop immediately
Reviewed on April 14, 2017

Conclusion: Follow Dan's advice- If skin discolouration (brown/orange 'tanning') occurs during use, stop immediately.

BP Pro's: It was pretty good at stopping new spots appearing.

BP Con's:

1. Every spot that did appear when using BP would scar and so the number of apparent spots on my face would not be any less than before using BP, even though far less new spots were appearing. (When i say scar, I mean hyperpigmentation marks, each of which take 6-9 months to disappear for me)

2. 'Tanning' (Skin discolouration): Dan does say that one side effect of BP is skin discolouration and that BP should be stopped if this occurs. I started to 'tan' after a week or two of using the product - skin was becoming more orange/brown, but not in a nice tan way - my skin was an unhealthy shade and there were noticeable rings around my eyes and lines on my neck (where I wasn't using BP). A lot of users on acne . org say this is a common and temporary side effect which may go away, so I persevered. It did not go away, and I stopped BP. However, it is now 4-5 months since stopping BP (and all other acne . org products) and the 'tan' is still as apparent as it was 1 week after stopping - there has been no fading in the last 4 months so it seems it may be permanent. The resultant 'tan lines' are almost as much of a problem as the acne itself, and whilst acne will disappear with age, I am now worried that the 'tan' wont.

Other relevant details:

I built up (over a period of 1 month or so) to applying BP twice daily. I would use dan's moisuriser and cleanser as directed too. I also added in AHA after another month or so and used this every couple of days. I followed all of the acne . org instructions. I did not have any other side effects from BP (other than dry skin, which became less of a problem upon using AHA). After the 'tanning' became quite apparent, I reduced the BP to once daily, not twice, and did not observe any change. I thought the 'tan' may have been due to the yellow pigment in the moisturiser but this was not the case (I trialled switching moisturisers and this did not change anything). I also thought that the 'tan' may have been due to the UV sensitivity that occurs upon using AHA, however it was winter at the time (in UK) and there was essentially zero sun.

I have white skin which tans averagely - I am not particularly sensitive to the sun.

Best thing EVER!!
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

I have had mild acne for years. I was never able to successfully clear it up until I found the acne.org regimen!! I didn't even know acne.org had their own regimen. I just used this website to find home remedies. Anyways, I've been using this regimen one week and my skin is so clear! I have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful my skin looks! I did have a break out this week (the instructions said I probably would) but it is already clearing up! I was only gonna buy this product once, but now that I know it works, I'll continue to use it! I 10/10 recommend. Use it exactly like it tells you and you will definitely see a difference in your skin.

UPDATE**

I am currently about 4 days in to week three. I still have pretty clear skin. My acne from week 2 cleared up fast, but I got 2 stress pimples this week. They are taking awhile to clear up, I believe it's because I've been stressed all week. Hopefully they will be gone by week 4. Still love this product!

Just do it!
Reviewed on April 1, 2017

If you're at your wits end with acne and have tried everything, don't hesitate, PLEASE do yourself a huge favor and start the acne.org treatment. One of the best decisions I've ever made! I literally never review anything but wanted to review this amazing regimen and acne.org products.

I've always had persistent acne, concentrated in a few areas (especially in between my eyebrows). After going on birth control to treat acne and regulate my periods last year, I started getting scarring acne everywhere on my face. Turns out estrogen messes with your melanin production, and some people actually experience worse acne once starting birth control. It was devastating to my confidence. There was a lot of crying. I tried all sorts of natural remedies, like cutting out dairy, but nothing worked. Eventually I quit birth control, which helped, but I was still experiencing consistent, scarring acne.

I was always on this site looking at reviews for other acne remedies, but one day I decided to buy the treatment after looking at all the positive reviews, especially on youtube. I had tried benzoyl peroxide in the past, but once I looked into the "regimen" that Dan gives you, I realized I had been using it all wrong. I would only put it on fully formed zits instead of using it as a proactive measure. If you follow the regimen by gently washing your face, applying A LOT of BP, and then moisturizing (morning and night), your face WILL clear. I had really dry skin at first but I just used a lot of moisturizer and my skin adjusted after a few weeks. The first weeks weren't pretty though. Adding in the AHA also helped a ton with dryness.

Mine cleared after about a month, although I do still have discoloration left over. I still do the regimen morning and night, and my skin has never looked better. I never think about acne anymore. I might get a few around my period, but with the regimen they go away pretty fast. I actually use cetaphil cleanser now (it's easier to pick up at the store), but I always buy the benzoyl peroxide gel from this site because it goes on clear and it's the most cost-effective. A big bottle lasts me around 8 months.

My advice: buy the regimen, and watch the videos/instructions on the acne.org website to make sure you're using it correctly. It might take a while, but eventually your skin will clear and you will have your confidence back! It's honestly been life-changing for me.

Acne is under control for the first time in two years!
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

I started struggling with acne in my late 20's and I am now in my late 30's. I had a major painful outbreak of persistent acne for the last two years and this kit has transformed my skin in about a months time. Today my skin is beautiful, clear, and luminous. I was afraid to try this because of bad experiences with proactive years ago and I thought benzoyl peroxide was not for me, but I was wrong. Upon first application the pain and irritation my skin was immediately soothed. I have very sensitive skin and knew this going in, so I adjusted the regimen. first day I applied twice a day, next day once a day and then a two day break and then two days on once a day two days off for the rest of the month. I did not increase application to every day because I was experiencing progress and I did not need to use the treatment every day for results. For me using the treatment to often causes irritation, today I use the treatment once or twice a week to maintain my results. I love the cleanser and moisturizer and I use these every day. This is a very effective system and I could not be happier!

Should i keep using this or not?
Reviewed on March 27, 2017

I've just used regimen for 7 days and my skin getting worse day by day. I am so dessperated and stressful about my ances. What should i do now?

by Kevintdicarlo on 04/20/2017 02:52
Hang in there. It gets worse before it gets better. You need to use it for at least a month to tell if it's workimg
Best Treatment Ever after 40 years of searching
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

I have been using the Acne.org regimen for 8 months now, and my skin has never been in better shape. I am a woman in my mid-50s and have been suffering with acne since my teens. I have taken antibiotics, used Retin-A and every kind of OTC acne medication available. Nothing cleared me up like this regimen. I thought I was allergic to benzoyl peroxide because my skin would get so flaky and irritated when using it. But using the entire regimen including jojoba oil, moisturizer and the AHA lotion work like magic to keep my skin clear of blemishes and to improve the texture of my skin to that of "normal" people. I am so grateful to have found these products and instructions. Also, the products themselves are superior to anything else out there and they are economical and last a long time.

by Shweta1987 on 03/22/2017 12:00
Hi, how many drops of jojoba oil did you add to your moisturizer? Did you use it morning and night? Also how often did you use the AHA? I have just finished 3 weeks of the regimen and want to start jojoba for the flakiness.
Never ever will I buy these products again!
Reviewed on March 13, 2017

I will never ever buy these products again! I have followed this system exactly how Dan said and 3 weeks in I have had to go to the doctor and have been given steroid cream to apply to my face due to a huge inflamed rash all over my face I have tiny bumps all over my face to it's horribly itchy and super irriatated I'm so so disappointed in these products. Happy for everyone it's working for but this didn't not work for me one bit!

Finally something that lives up to what it claims!
Reviewed on February 22, 2017

I was very skeptical at first.."oh another acne product...that will clear your skin" that type of stuff..So I researched soooo many videos, reviews and blogs..etc. After spending hours on end checking this regimen out..I finally decided I'd try it out. The first day of using the 3 step regimen my face felt so good and clean after. It wasn't harsh on my skin at all..I've seen a lot of reviews claiming it irritates their skin and whatever else not. Thankfully I wasn't one of them. But in just a few days I started seeing a big difference..so I got anxious of course wishig time would go by quicker >.< ...Then just a WEEK later I starting noticing a DAY & NIGHT difference. I'm now on the 10th day of this regimen and my face is looking so good and healthy. Though, there's is flakyness...I don't mind it, I just moisturize through out my day. I'd rather have flakes than acne. So far I haven't had a break out. Maybe the occasional 1 or two blemishes. But that's nothing compared to before.. I'm so exited to continue this regimen and see my skin in 4 weeks! If you're tired of your acne and you are tired of all the false advertisement and just tired of acne in general...this regimen is absolutely worth it. It's made my confidence go way up..in just a week...it's very affordable compared to the other companies out there..so that's always a plus. Anyway that's all I got for now :)

Amazing
Reviewed on February 13, 2017

I've been using the regimen for over a year now. It's a big hassle to do all the steps twice a day but I could NEVER LIVE WITHOUT IT!! Seriously. I've had hormonal acne for over a decade and this is such a mild solution compared to scary treatments like accutane or lifelong antibiotics, and no prescription or doctor's visits required. I feel disappointed when I look at pictures of myself before I started using the regimen, I wish I would have started it so much sooner. Also I've come to find the slight sting of the AHA really refreshing. Love you acne.org! ❤ Sometimes when I see people out in public who are struggling with acne I so so so wish I could stop them and tell them about the regimen! But there's nothing worse than people trying to talk to you about your horrible acne. Just have to hope they find it eventually themselves...

by ETSOCAL15 on 02/19/2017 07:13
How many months did it take for you to get clear? Im on my 10th week now and still breaking out. I hope i can get clear as well