The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 226 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Works fast and effectively
Reviewed on May 4, 2015

I've been using the regimen on and off for many years, and it definitely works. A first time user should find minor relief within just one day/night; as the skin will feel a bit drier (in a positive way) and a tiny reduction in acne overnight. Within a few weeks, it sticks and works more and more. The effect tapers off within 1-2 weeks after you stop using it.

It's important to follow the instructions particularly for the benzoyl peroxide part, particularly the part about thoroughly rubbing it in after applying it. Otherwise, you're left with a wet and icky feeling on your face. It's also important to not skimp on the moisturizer, or your skin will get dry.

To name a few downsides of the product: It smells a bit icky, feels a bit wet (rub it in thoroughly but gently to minimize this), and bleaches textiles. You really can't apply it in the morning and head out for school or work; it will smell and feel uncomfortable, particularly if you mix it up with the moisturizer, and your clothes will get bleached. I just apply it in the evening after my daily shower and it will be fully absorbed the morning after. I put on a white t-shirt (white textiles do not get miscolored by it) for the evening, before applying it.

One more note: You can use other face wash and moisturizer products; the cheap and plentiful amounts of benzoyl peroxide treatment is what makes the regimen great. I would give benzoyl peroxide 4 stars because of the downsides of smell and bleaching, but that's not the fault of the regimen, so I give 5 stars all in all.

AMAZING & LIFE CHANGING
Reviewed on April 28, 2015

So, baaically all of my late teens/early 20s I was struggling with occasional pimples.. At one point it got so bad where I really needed to do something about it. I tried every single thing in the drugstores, then I finally turned to Proactiv. Proactiv did work for me but then suddenly just stopped. I finally came across Acne.org regimen. And let me just say.. This has been the best decision of my life. My skin is BEAUTIFULLY CLEAR. And people are really noticing. Not only did it clear up my skin completely and help breakouts.. But I literally don't get pimples anymore. People have been saying 'wow! Your skin is glowing' and how great my complexion is. It's a great feeling.. All because of this regimen. I suggest YOU TRY IT. There is nothing better!

Not for my skin...
Reviewed on April 21, 2015

I have been using the regimen for almost a month now, and i havent seen a change in my skin. I really dont like it at all, my skin is extrmely dry and does not feel really nice. Its horrible with my makeup, makes it looks so cakey uggg...will not order again....Gonna be trying Natural Dermis...

AMAZING!!! Started working immediately!
Reviewed on April 10, 2015

I have struggled with severe acne since I was really young. Nothing ever worked to get rid of my acne to a point that i felt comfortable wearing little to no makeup. I saw this regimen on this random video on youtube and was like that looks amazing. so i did some (or should i say a ton) of research. I decided after a few weeks to just go ahead and take the plunge. I had pretty high hopes ones a figured the product could never amount up to but boy was i wrong! I started this regimen and within three day (yeah three days) my skin was already starting to look so much better. I was getting compliment from friend and my family! I hadn't told any one i was starting this btw. Ive been on this for awhile now and i can say that my skin has never ever looked this good!! it really shocks me that not only did it get rid of my current acne but any future breakouts like whatsoever! i haven't had one pimple in over 2 weeks! like what!! I recommend this product to any one and everyone who suffers with mild to sever acne it will change you skin and it change your confidence! Oh and make sure to buy the jojoba oil with the regimen because unless your like extremely oily this will dry you out seriously for the first week or so. but if you use the jojoba oil you will be good to go!

It truly works!
Reviewed on March 31, 2015

At first of course I was skeptical about this regime after trying many many products and nothing really works, maybe ProActiv for awhile did work but 30$/month wasn't something I was willing to pay for a regime that didn't help get rid of all my acne. I suffered from mild acne and had recently suffer from a really bad cystic breakout (before I ordered the regime). After a week of researching and reading reviews, watching testimonial videos, I decided that this was my last try before getting on accutune. I feel like it worked right away, I was getting less and less cystic breakout everyday. After about a month, my breakouts were gone! I'm on my second month now, and only dealing with maybe one new pimple/cyst a week, but it would be gone within 1-2 days. I truly think this is a miracle worker and would recommend this to anyone willing to try a new regime for their acne. The basic 8 oz regime set should last you AT LEAST 2 months if you're using twice a day. 45$ for 2 month of products is really affordable to me, and I'm a broke college student. The only reason why this isn't a five star is because the moisturizer isn't that great, at least for my skin. It doesn't keep your skin moisturize for long either. I read negative reviews about it and would agree that it could causes you to breakout at time. I would recommend getting a cheaper alternative moisturizer that you think will work for you. One last thing I would suggest is getting the AHA if your skin is really cracked and dry from the regime, it works great for me, also improved my complexion as well. If you only want to buy the BP and Cleanser, I suggest getting 16 oz because you will get free shipping :) If you follow the regime religiously, it will work! Oh and shipping is really long if you used the free shipping option. Took 2 weeks to get here!

Something is finally working!
Reviewed on March 3, 2015

It has been such a horrible experience trying to find something to get rid of my acne. I'm so glad that I stumbled upon an acne.org success story on YouTube. This stuff is really good and if you follow it closely you will for sure start seeing a difference in your skin after a month. My skin was starting to get SUPER dry because I was trying to get a finger's worth of BP like the instructions say but I had to cut back and only do a little less than half in the day time and half of the BP in the night time. I used a honey and avocado mask to get rid of the dry patches and it worked. I use the Neutrogena clear faces spf and use the Mario Badescu healing and soothing mask at night. I'm just really happy about this product and glad I don't have to keep searching.

by Avilaaa16 on 03/17/2015 05:30
How did you make the avocado and honey mask? My skin is really dry and peeling a lot.
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 22:47
I just got avocado and this honey: [link removed] I got mine at Whole Foods! I heard that Manuka honey is more effective if you wanna buy that but I just used what I had at my house. I really hope this works for you! Use it for about 20-30 minutes.
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 22:47
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 23:07
make sure the honey is organic!
This. Works. 2 weeks in.
Reviewed on March 22, 2015

Since about 5 years ago I have had oily and acne prone skin. The last 1-2 years it has taken a turn for the worse and at times my chin was totally covered in white horrible cysts and what not. This have certainly affected me negatively. I get VERY self-conscious when I'm talking to someone and I know I have acne all over my face. The most days I'd like to stay home so that I won't get in contact with any other human.

I've tried cleaning and moisturizing morning and evening to no avail, perhaps this was due to not being gentle enough, whatever it didn't work at all. The last couple of months I've been trying the caveman regimen, e.g do not wash or in any manner treat your face. I believe that for people that aren't acne prone, this may just work due to the irritation caused by overusing products. For my part, this just made my face look really awful. The acne didn't disappear and my face took on a grainy and bumpy texture. I kept waiting for the caveman regimen to start working, It never did. The hyperpigmentation from old acne lingered and made my face look all red even if I at the time didn't have any active acne.

Stumbled upon this site and thought "What the hell, It doesn't matter if things get worse now". And the first couple of days it might have. My skin got very flaky, red and itched like hell. Had a couple of acne popping up in my chin area, as per usual. I'm now 2 weeks into the routine and the benzoyl peroxide isn't the pain in the ass it used to be. Okay now to the pros. All active acne has subsided and my hyperpigmentation is fading slowly. The one thing that stands out the most perhaps is the texture of my face. It is completely smooth. I can't remember a time when my face was this smooth to the touch. This regimen is just amazing in so many ways. Haven't been using Dan's products but similiar products that can be found in the country I live.

I would recommend this to everyone who has acne problem. Thanks Dan, your great!

Maybe too early for a review ,but I'll risk it.
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

I switched from using exposed skincare to using the acne.org regimen, about a week ago. So far I feel like it's working great and I actually haven't even experienced dry skin just too bad! I am taking it really easy on the benzoyl peroxide but am using it twice a day as my skin was used to having strong product on it. I LOVE how it feels on your skin though!It's just so light! So I'm gonna say so far,so good!!

THE ONE FOR YOU
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

I have been a loyal customer to the acne.org regimen for about two years now. I had tried everything, Proactiv, Clinique, drugstore brands, they all worked for a little time or did not work at all. I found this site and did my research and decided it wouldnt hurt to try something new. I am SO happy that I did, this has cleared my skin and I only recieve about one monthly zit. I love this regime and I will stay loyal forever. If you are on the brick of giving up, give this a try! It will work for you!!

PS: I had very oily skin and was very prone to breakouts but on this regimen it has reduced my oil production!

Not for me
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

So I never write reviews but in this case I thought it was necessary. I have very sensitive/problematic skin with moderate acne. I've tried so many different drugstore products and nothing worked for me. So I did my research and decided to order the regimen with the jojoba oil. I followed the instructions very carefully and it seemed to be working for the first two weeks but then things started to go downhill. My skin got SOOOOO dry. Especially around my chin, mouth and nose. I could barely open my mouth without my skin cracking. I layered on the jojoba oil and moisturizer but nothing worked. My acne started coming back, my skin was red and very irritated and I was losing hope but I decided to keep using the products. Then I reached the 1 month mark and decided maybe the gycolic acid would help with the dryness... WORST decision of my life. My skin got waaaay worse. My skin burned, turned red (and stayed red) and the dryness got even worse. It made me so upset that I decided to take a break from using the product. I couldn't stand the dryness, burning and discomfort anymore. My guess is my skin is too sensitive for this product. I may continue using it as a spot treatment once my skin has healed but I'm not sure. So to all you fair, sensitive skinned beauties out there, proceed with caution.

by gabzilllaa on 03/03/2015 20:35
The same thing was happening to me and I started to use less benzoyl peroxide and made a honey and avocado mask. It got rid of the super dry patches on my chin and cheeks. I hope this helps.
by AML on 03/04/2015 22:03
Thank you! If I decide to try the regimen again I will definitely try that out :)