Sodium Sulfacetamide reviews

4.2/5 - 102 reviews

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%).

Purified water; propylene glycol; lauramide DEA (and) diethanolamine; polyethylene glycol 400, monolaurate; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; sodium metabisulfite; methylparaben; xanthan gum; EDTA and simethicone.

Sodium Sulfacetamide

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on September 16, 2016

I have had acne for 10 years. I have tried everything in the book (topicals, washes, pills/capsules, masks, even accutane, etc). I was first prescribed sodium salfacetamide about 6 years ago in wash form for my back and noticed it completely cleared it up. I then started using it on my face (which you shouldn't do unless you consult your doctor first) but it cleared up my face very quickly. I have been using the lotion form for about the last 4 years and my skin hasn't been clearer. It is also inexpensive, I get mine for $15 with insurance. I recommend this it everyone with any kind of acne.

it works
Reviewed on May 23, 2016

my dermatologist prescribed this to me for my cystic acne and rosacea, and I'm so glad she did! within 2 weeks I've noticed that my face wasn't as red and irritated and I haven't had any breakouts!

Cures my hormonal acne
Reviewed on March 3, 2016

This lotion plus inositol completely cured my hormonal acne- and i have been on accutane twice.

I recommend this stuff to anyone and everyone.

My acne is PCOS induced.

by saraspoons on 07/29/2016 19:48
How many mg of Inositol are you on??
by Kearny css on 09/16/2016 21:03
Are you having to stay on it to keep the results working or did you ween off the medications? I have the same situation; pcos, was given this wash and Bactrim
My opinion of Sodium Sulfacetamide
Reviewed on December 7, 2015

The following statements are my experiences and my opinions.

I was prescribed Sodium Sulfacetamide and later Sulfacetamide with Sulfur lotion. They were respectable treatments. However, over time both diminished in effectiveness. Sulfacetamide with Sulfur lotion was slightly more effective.

Only thing to actually work
Reviewed on May 4, 2015

I have had moderate acne for 7 years and the pain and embarrassment constantly plagued me. I now use a sodium sulfacetamide lotion prescribed to me by a dermatologist, and I have been using the product for 5 months. After about three months I had little to no acne and currently my scarring is greatly diminished. I still occasionally get one or two pimples with stress or hormone fluctuations. PLEASE try this out if you struggle with moderate acne I cannot believe the success that I have had with it. My current day and night routine is using a gentle cleanser (Dove, Neutrogena, it doesn't really matter), then the sulfacetamide cream, and then an eye cream. I usually a gentle washcloth for some light exfoliation to lighten acne scars. Please consider this product, I used to have no hope for my skin. Before, I tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and tretinoin with no success. This is the only thing that has worked and has left me comfortable with my skin. My life has not magically changed since I got rid of my acne, but it is one less thing to worry about and stress about. I hope others can find success in this product as well. Best of luck to anyone struggling- You are not alone, and you are an important and beautiful person with or without acne.

Reviewed on August 1, 2014

The only thing that has ever worked on clearing up my acne is the Plexion branded cream. Its not expensive only cost me 20 dollars a refill.

Much gentler than benzoyl peroxide
Reviewed on May 13, 2014

I have been using this for only a week, and I am already seeing dramatic results. Not only does it help to reduce my breakouts, but it has even help to fade my hyperpigmentation a bit. My skin usually gets red and flaky after I put BP on and it usually takes a few weeks to see any tangible results. I think I just might stick with this instead of my usual BP and Retin-A.

by amir pirbay on 09/02/2014 23:56
do you know where i can buy this in paris?
This stuff works!
Reviewed on May 12, 2014

I've been using a 9% Sodium Sulfaceramide/ 4% Sulfur face wash for almost 7-8 months now and it has yet to fail me. I don't know how but this stuff works. Supposedly it creates a bad environment for bacteria to grow on your skin. I hate spot treating as I think it is such a hassle getting it off and always leaves weird, dry, random spots wherever I try to spot treat so I like to use face washes for treatment. Right now I have one pimple on my forehead and it is going down! I used to first take off my make up with a Cerave face wash THEN use this face wash in the night but recently I stopped doing that and no problem! I do, however use a Clinique clarifying lotion after this and it does pick up some left over makeup/dirt etc. I think this is great for mild-moderate/persistent acne. It really helps keep your skin clear. It is very gentle and does not irritate my skin at all like benzoyl peroxide. It does have a strong, sulfury smell but the end results are worth it. It is creamy, does not foam or lather up so if you like those it does take a bit adjusting. Overall, I like this stuff a lot and I think it's a huge contribution to my clearer skin. But like everything else, it's not a miracle product and you do need to take care of your skin overall to get the best results!

Works like any other sulfur product.. but can be very over-drying
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

I would recommend you just use a less irritating over the counter sulfur product.. you will achieve similar results without the expensive price and hassle of getting a doctor to give it to you.

Reviewed on November 29, 2012

I tried Clearasil, Neutrogena facewashes, soap free, oil free, Aveeno Foam cleanser, etc. Nothing worked - acne never went away, just got worse.

My pimples either come to a head right away, are small and can be picked off, or are biggish bumps that stay under the skin for ages! All of them leave a red scar no matter what... and on top of that I am a picker. Awful habit, need to break it.

This product works by killing the bacteria on the skin that causes acne. I find this a lot better than oral meds, unless you have hormonal acne. This heals any of the "correctly" popped pimples by helping them come to a scab overnight! For the ones I pick at, the skin just gets damaged and it takes longer to heal.

Right now, my derm has put me on this stuff, minocycline 100 mg daily, and veltin gel. I think this combo works wonders if you have a similar condition to me. i have VERY SENSITIVE skin. cannot use anything harsh.

I use the veltin at night, put aveeno daily moisture lotion after, go to bed, wake up, wash face, put on this stuff! then sunscreen and im out. No makeup.

I am seeing major improvements already. Skin is becoming more evenly toned, less scarring.

Wish the best of luck to all of you. I love this product so far, and I will keep you posted after about 3 more weeks.

BTW - I am 17, in high school getting ready to go to college, wearing no makeup really helps your skin improve!