N-Lite Laser Acne Treatment reviews

3.1/5 - 131 reviews

waste of money
Reviewed on October 15, 2014

I tried this treatment in West London, I found it expensive and completely useless.

Waste of hope
Reviewed on January 8, 2014

I had mine done at Manchester Private Clinic. I first got acne at 9 years of age, and I am now 20. I started my treatment when I was 19. I have tried everything to cure my acne, antibiotics, herbal medications, special make ups, special machines, different contraceptives etc and nothing has ever been successful. I have combination skin both dry and oily. I mainly suffer from large, reg angry boil type spots and large whiteheads. Firstly the Jan Mari products they sell you with your treatment really stings, and are almost unsuable because of this plus they are really expensive and made my skin sore, red and dry so I wouldn't bother with these. They suggested I use mineral make up to get maximum benefits from the treatment so I did so, although I didn't buy theres as it was really expensive, I started with Bareminerals instead and that has helped slightly, also I started only using 'simple' brand products which they also suggested, and this also seemed to help. The treatment itself seemed to gradually work after each session although not dramatically. After my 3rd & final session I went back for a review a few weeks after, I wasn't happy that there was enough change and asked for the free session they had promised me during consultation. They were extremely reluctant to give me the free session especially considering the crazy amount of money I had spent, so I was extremely unpleased with this. It was only after my forth session that I noticed any real difference, my scarring had faded slighltly and I had less active acne although it was still awful but I was greatful for some improvement. A couple of months later and the spots have completely returned as angry as ever. I wont bother with anymore sessions, its not worth the hassle and expense for such temporary difference. Also during consultation it was suggested that I may have 'acne roascea' the lady finally decided it wasn't and that the n-lite would therefore be suitable however when i turned up for my sessions the lady performing the treatment said she was user it was acne rocasea and that therefore it wans't the right treatment to me (telling me this whilst performing the treatment) so I didn't know who to belive and this was extremely disheartening.

Temporary but effective
Reviewed on December 5, 2013

My view on Nlite:

This is an extremely effective COSMETIC treatment, although it is only temporary. This is not a cure for acne and I was informed by the nurse who treated me with Nlite in October 2012 that results may last up till 10 months. It also confirms this on the Nlite website. This treatment will quite simply destroy the bacteria that cause acne as well as speeds up the time it takes acne redness, post acne marks and scars to fade. Please note that when you have this treatment you run the risk of having red / dry face or even an outbreak in the days that follow.

How Nlite worked for me:

I am 21 year old male and for three years I have had acne. Between October and December 2012 I had three treatments. The strength of the last was 2.4, 2.6 and 3. No real improvement after two sessions but in January 2013 after my third my face was starting to clear and was completely clear until October 2013.

Unfortunately for me my acne is starting to come back, although it is nowhere near as bad as it was originally. I have started my new cycle, having two treatments with laser strength of 2.8 and 3 already. I am having a third in January. I am extremely optimistic that it will clear up again.

My conclusion on Nlite:

I highly recommend this treatment and would suggest it would be an ongoing thing you need to do to keep your skin clear. There is no limit on how many times you can have it but there is a limit of the time between sessions, 30 days. Get a “top-up” every couple of months, leaving at least three weeks before an upcoming even (a wedding for example) to have a treatment to ensure you skin is clear!

Reviewed on January 20, 2013

Having suffered severe cystic acne and been on every prescription drug available I thought id try N-lite you get fab results but does take a little while to start seeing any signs of improvement, however you do notice skin looking more plump and fuller after first zap (due to collagen reproduction). I go to the chester wellness centre and from what i can gather its quite a lot cheaper than other places amazing staff, excellent service highly recommend this treatment but remember you must persevere!!!!

Reviewed on September 13, 2012

N-lite comes in 3 treatments. increasing the power each time. i have just finished my second treatment. The treatment itself is not painful maybe a slight bit uncomfortable on my cystic spots. However, my acne is very painful anyways

Reviewed on August 6, 2011

Sorry, me again! Judge to add that 4 days after n lite I have four nasty sores on my face where spots had been. Hoping these will clear soon, just thought I'd mention this side effect too. Im hoping it's a simple case of getting worse before it gets better! Xx

Reviewed on August 5, 2011

I've booked three N-lite treatments. My acne is localised to my chin area and this is the area I am having treated. For the month after my first treatment, my skin seemed much calmer. I didn't have a single big spot! I got my usual monthly flare up but it really wasn't too bad. Just had my second treatment and more spots have come to the surface than usual. It's getting me down, but I'm hoping skin will eventually be better after my third treatment. The lady who does my treatments did explain that its not a quick fix- it takes several months. I'm also using a glycolic based wash and skin lotion. This seems to be helping to.

I'm 24 and have tried and tried to get rid of my mild to moderate acne for years. I'm hoping this is the solution!

Reviewed on July 18, 2011

I went to the Private clinic in Manchester, and paid £700 for a course of 3 treatments. With this I was given £40 worth of Jan Marini products for free, the main chemical in this is benzyl poroxide, which you can get perscribed by doctors or £7.50!! Anyway, it has now been 2 weeks since I had my 3rd and final treatment, and its safe to say that it hasn't helped my skin one bit. I have painful spots on my cheeks and jaw line, and the last time I went in, the person who originally did my treatment wasn't there, so I had another woman, who was very surprised it hadn't worked, so turned up the power of the laser, she also gave me advice to only use the Simple product range on my face body and hair, which hasn't really made a difference, but it has only been 2 weeks.

Also not part of the treatment, but they messed up my 2nd appointment, I got there and they hadn't booked it in through the computer, even though I had an appointment card all they could do was apologise, they did give me the parking money back, but not the cost of the petrol for the extra trip i had to make!! Unfortunatley I would not reccomend this, but then everyone's skin will take to this treatment differently.

Reviewed on June 4, 2011

I had had acne on my face for around five years during which time the acne had progressively got worse until it covered all of my face except some parts of my forehead. The spots seemed to grow on top of each other making my skin extremely painful to live with. I leaned about the N-Lite treatment watching television and thought I would try it considering by that time I had tried everything the Doctors could throw at me (creams, lotions, tablets etc, etc, etc...). I went to a very nice clinic in Nottingham. I was told for the N-Lite to take full effect I would have to have many treatments, so I booked in bulk. I think it was by the third treatment that I noticed a difference. The spots were still there, especially on my cheeks which was the worst area, but they were not as bad. There were definitely no results after the first time. After a few more treatments, the spots on my chin had gone and my skin was so much smoother. I felt better in myself and had more confidence.

Anyway, the bottom line with N-Lite is that it's great when you are having the treatments constantly but as soon as you stop them the acne will come back. You only treat the external problems with this treatment and not the inner ones. Also, the scars left behind by the acne will still be there meaning that the clinic will say that you need another type of treatment to get rid of the scars. More money.

I still have spots on my cheeks and chin but the harsh acne has gone. It seems like the treatment lulled me into a false sense of security and to be honest the whole thing was so costly that I'm not sure it was worth it. Now I know that it would have been better to be learning other kinder ways to help my skin rather than taking the quick and short term solution.

Reviewed on March 8, 2011

I suffered from acne for 8 years, I then went to the The Private Clinic in Manchster to undergo N-Lite laser for the Embarrassing bodies show on Channel 4. Im alot happier with my skin now, only had 4 treatments so far, still a few more to go, but have noticed a big improvement to skin, yes still getting a few spots but not like before (mainly on cheeks and chin) forhead and sides seems to be alot clearer. Im also in the process of changing my makeup to a brand that doesnt contain bismuth oxchloride as I think this is irritating my acne. Also one woman said she removed this from her products and her acne cleared, its worth a shot! As for the clinic the staff were very friendly and advised on products to use alongside the N-lite laser (for me this was sebu b range by environ) this helped to clear some of the skin before I started the treatment (helps skin appear alot smoother) also had microdermabrasion and derma-roller for scars. So far the treatments are helping my skin alot so would definately recommend.

to see me having the treatment see embarrassing bodes on you tube for 4od. This shows my treatment at the Manchester Clinic

[link removed]