N-Lite Laser Acne Treatment reviews

3.1/5 - 134 reviews

N-Lite Laser Acne Treatment

Why is this fantastic treatment overlooked? It works.
Reviewed on November 24, 2016

I've waited for several months after starting Nlite before posting this review, as I wanted to make absolutely sure the fact my skin is currently perfect (apart from a couple of old scars from cysts) was not due to anything else but the Nlite. I'm not even going to mention what clinic I went to as I was put off myself when reading reviews by the idea that they were bogus reviews written by clinics advertising. I've suffered for about 30 years with acne, with the odd few years of relief when I didn't due to benzl peroxide cream (in my teens when skin was tougher), Dianette contraceptive pill, but then couldn't have that when pregnant or breastfeeding and am reluctant to accept the risks of that nowadays. I even had 9 days on roaccutane which I wrote a review on here about. Firstly, I'm not sure about the other laser names I'm reading in this thread - the treatment I had was "Nlite" laser, and I wasn't sold any other products to go with it nor was it even suggested I'd need them. It involves just the laser and it takes a few minutes. It is quite expensive and top up treatments are needed. I don't know how long between treatments is required yet as I've topped up rather than wait longer than 2 months as I can't bear to wait as I don't want to risk my acne coming back and leaving more scars, but I plan to top up about every two or three months. I've paid £225 in one place and £130 in another place. In one place they even did a "test patch" for £50 so I could see if it worked from the first go, so no having to pay out a fortune just to see!! The nurse in one place told me it seems to work in about 80% of clients (and it hurt slightly so I think she used a higher setting). The doctor in the other said it works in about 70% of his patients (I barely felt anything when treated here - it still worked but there was the odd pimple now and then, whereas I am completely clear after the higher power treatment in the other place that hurt slightly). I could see improvement from the first treatment. Worth a try I think.

Angel Laser Clinic anyone ?
Reviewed on August 10, 2015

Hi all,

After doing a course of 12 Omnilux light therapy and peels , £700 later, being on Lemocycline 400 mg twice daily for 6 months and Tactuo gel (benzoyl peroxide and retinol A ) I'm desperate for something to work. Angel Laser Clinics in London is the least expensive Regenlite treatment at £150 per session or £112 per if you buy 8. Has anyone gone to Angel Laser Clinic? If so what Dermatoloist did you see and what products do they push on you? They recommend 6 treatments on their website whilst all other clinics seem to only recommend 3..... Scam? Less owner full setting so they get you to buy more? Honesty this is an FDA approved treatment and should be covered by NHS in my opinion. RoAcutane is not happening for me can't risk the hormonal and psychosis imbalance with my job. This Regenlite is the last of the treatment options for me and I'd like to get the best deal.

Pleased with results
Reviewed on May 10, 2015

I have had 2 of my 3 Nlite laser treatments and am rea and pleased with the results!!

I had awful cystic acne and have suffered with adult acne for a long time so my skin was in a right state when I had my first appointment. I would say week 1 was less active then my acne continued to be fairly active until week 4-5 when new ones slowed and it started to heal. I am now 4 weeks after my second treatment and although I still have a couple of active pimples my skin has improved remarkably! I have not suffered any big cystic ones since the first couple of weeks after treatment.

I still have a way to go in terms of the marks fading and some scaring but I finally feel like my acne is under control and is healing faster than new ones are coming.

I would definitely reccomend this. Even though this is expensive I wish I had done it years ago abd naybe could have prevented some of the damage caused by cystic acne.

I have had the Nlite in combination with a 40% glycolic acid peel before each Nlite lasted treatment. And using a milder glycolic acid face wash twice daily.

waste of money
Reviewed on October 15, 2014

I tried this treatment in West London, I found it expensive and completely useless.

by LottieLotta on 05/16/2015 16:07
Did you have this at the West London Dermatology centre?
Waste of hope
Reviewed on January 8, 2014

I had mine done at Manchester Private Clinic. I first got acne at 9 years of age, and I am now 20. I started my treatment when I was 19. I have tried everything to cure my acne, antibiotics, herbal medications, special make ups, special machines, different contraceptives etc and nothing has ever been successful. I have combination skin both dry and oily. I mainly suffer from large, reg angry boil type spots and large whiteheads. Firstly the Jan Mari products they sell you with your treatment really stings, and are almost unsuable because of this plus they are really expensive and made my skin sore, red and dry so I wouldn't bother with these. They suggested I use mineral make up to get maximum benefits from the treatment so I did so, although I didn't buy theres as it was really expensive, I started with Bareminerals instead and that has helped slightly, also I started only using 'simple' brand products which they also suggested, and this also seemed to help. The treatment itself seemed to gradually work after each session although not dramatically. After my 3rd & final session I went back for a review a few weeks after, I wasn't happy that there was enough change and asked for the free session they had promised me during consultation. They were extremely reluctant to give me the free session especially considering the crazy amount of money I had spent, so I was extremely unpleased with this. It was only after my forth session that I noticed any real difference, my scarring had faded slighltly and I had less active acne although it was still awful but I was greatful for some improvement. A couple of months later and the spots have completely returned as angry as ever. I wont bother with anymore sessions, its not worth the hassle and expense for such temporary difference. Also during consultation it was suggested that I may have 'acne roascea' the lady finally decided it wasn't and that the n-lite would therefore be suitable however when i turned up for my sessions the lady performing the treatment said she was user it was acne rocasea and that therefore it wans't the right treatment to me (telling me this whilst performing the treatment) so I didn't know who to belive and this was extremely disheartening.

by meimei33 on 05/07/2015 15:57
I had crazy painful, ugly acne for over 8 years. I tried it all too. Then suddenly, I began to bloat and get dizzy every time I ate, so I got off dairy, gluten, and sugar 100% and voila, I have been crystal clear for 2 years now. No antibiotics, no meds. It has been a hard solution, but I am grateful. When I cheat on gluten and dairy (I can get away with a bit of sugar) I typically break out the next day, and it takes almost a week to clear up. Acne is inflammation , and inflammation is a sign that things are not right in your body. If gluten and dairy was doing that to my face, I discovered it was wreaking havoc on my GI too. I want to yell from the rooftops to all fellow acne sufferers my story, and hope that it can help someone. No dermatologist (and I saw many) ever suggested diet changes, and they even scoffed at my questions about it. They told me diet had nothing to do with acne. I should have trusted my own intuition and changed my diet sooner.
Temporary but effective
Reviewed on December 5, 2013

My view on Nlite:

This is an extremely effective COSMETIC treatment, although it is only temporary. This is not a cure for acne and I was informed by the nurse who treated me with Nlite in October 2012 that results may last up till 10 months. It also confirms this on the Nlite website. This treatment will quite simply destroy the bacteria that cause acne as well as speeds up the time it takes acne redness, post acne marks and scars to fade. Please note that when you have this treatment you run the risk of having red / dry face or even an outbreak in the days that follow.

How Nlite worked for me:

I am 21 year old male and for three years I have had acne. Between October and December 2012 I had three treatments. The strength of the last was 2.4, 2.6 and 3. No real improvement after two sessions but in January 2013 after my third my face was starting to clear and was completely clear until October 2013.

Unfortunately for me my acne is starting to come back, although it is nowhere near as bad as it was originally. I have started my new cycle, having two treatments with laser strength of 2.8 and 3 already. I am having a third in January. I am extremely optimistic that it will clear up again.

My conclusion on Nlite:

I highly recommend this treatment and would suggest it would be an ongoing thing you need to do to keep your skin clear. There is no limit on how many times you can have it but there is a limit of the time between sessions, 30 days. Get a “top-up” every couple of months, leaving at least three weeks before an upcoming even (a wedding for example) to have a treatment to ensure you skin is clear!

Philip, england,chester
Reviewed on January 20, 2013

Having suffered severe cystic acne and been on every prescription drug available I thought id try N-lite you get fab results but does take a little while to start seeing any signs of improvement, however you do notice skin looking more plump and fuller after first zap (due to collagen reproduction). I go to the chester wellness centre and from what i can gather its quite a lot cheaper than other places amazing staff, excellent service highly recommend this treatment but remember you must persevere!!!!

T_London Girl, London, UK
Reviewed on September 13, 2012

N-lite comes in 3 treatments. increasing the power each time. i have just finished my second treatment. The treatment itself is not painful maybe a slight bit uncomfortable on my cystic spots. However, my acne is very painful anyways

Anonymous
Reviewed on August 6, 2011

Sorry, me again! Judge to add that 4 days after n lite I have four nasty sores on my face where spots had been. Hoping these will clear soon, just thought I'd mention this side effect too. Im hoping it's a simple case of getting worse before it gets better! Xx

Reviewed on August 5, 2011

I've booked three N-lite treatments. My acne is localised to my chin area and this is the area I am having treated. For the month after my first treatment, my skin seemed much calmer. I didn't have a single big spot! I got my usual monthly flare up but it really wasn't too bad. Just had my second treatment and more spots have come to the surface than usual. It's getting me down, but I'm hoping skin will eventually be better after my third treatment. The lady who does my treatments did explain that its not a quick fix- it takes several months. I'm also using a glycolic based wash and skin lotion. This seems to be helping to.

I'm 24 and have tried and tried to get rid of my mild to moderate acne for years. I'm hoping this is the solution!