Manuka Honey reviews

4.1/5 - 31 reviews

Simple, natural and effective
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

This has been so amazing for my skin, I use about 1/2 tsp of manuka honey in the mornings with wet hands and face. I massage it in for about one minute then rinse. My face feels clean, and moisturized. In the evening I use only olive oil, about 1 tsp massaged into a dry face. This will work so so well removing makeup. I then use a hot face cloth to gently wipe off the excess oil. Both of these treatments are anti microbial and the oil helps to tame the over production of sebum naturally! I use nothing else on my face. Believe me, I have tried it all!

Perfect Post-Picking Spot Treatment
Reviewed on June 21, 2015

In my personal experience I have found Manuka Honey to be a very healing spot treatment. This is the way I use it:

If I have squeezed at a pimple (which I am trying very hard to NEVER do, but you know, sometimes you can't resist) and am left with a scab or a wound of some sort as a result, I will dab a little Manuka Honey (I use the Rowse brand NPA 10+) over the area with a clean Q-tip and leave it on for as long as possible (Anything from an hour to all day.) Then before bed I will gently wipe away the Manuka Honey with a damp cotton pad.

I have found that this method is very healing to wounds created by popping and picking at pimples. I also believe that the moisturising and antibacterial properties are beneficial to existing pimples.

However, as an all over mask, I have not had success with Manuka Honey. For whatever reason, it is a little to much for my skin to handle. After I have used a Manuka mask I will almost always have a small breakout in the coming days. This may be due to some sort of "purging" but I have had enough experiences of purging processes in my lifetime to want to stick out another one!

So all in all, Manuka Honey is fantastic as a spot treatment, but for me personally, it is not suitable as an all over mask.

Definitely worth trying!
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

Manuka honey is one of my favorite go-to remedies for a whole host of skin issues. Look for the type that is "Active 16+" as this indicates it is very beneficial on calming inflammation and promoting antibacterial activity. Manuka honey works great as a weekly face mask. To use it this way, apply a warm cloth to the face for about a minute to open pores, then spread about a tablespoon of the honey around the entire face. Leave it on at least 15 minutes or longer, an hour or more is even better. It is very sticky as honey is that way, but it will rinse off easily. It works really well as an overnight pimple spot treatment. To use it this way, apply a small amount to cover the pimple, then put a small bandaid over the area. The bandaid will keep the honey in contact with the skin and prevent it from making a sticky mess on your bedding. I have found that the overnight treatment significantly reduces swelling and redness and speeds up the healing process.

No miracle, but definitely helps!
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

This is the best thing I have found recently for cystic acne. After doing research I found that cystic acne is really a clue to whats going on INSIDE your body mainly digestion, and showing up on your face. Doing some research into this, I can see why it poses so many benefits.

I tried it on 5 cystic f'ers on my chin. The older ones decreased in redness and a little in size from one day (i spot treated for probably 3 hours with a mixture of manuka, cinnamon, turmeric, and nutmeg). The newest pimple that had arrived that morning came to a head by the evening. I was amazed... normally it takes like a week for a cystic pimple to even come a head but by night, there was a white head. I did an all over pain manuka mask tonight and then spot treated with the extra powered mixture. it seems to really heal them better too.

Its not a miracle worker- you can't put it on and expect the huge pimples to be gone. But what I did notice different than any other medication was that it brought it to a head faster, therefore decreasing the time from breakout-healing.

My little jar of magic
Reviewed on February 8, 2015

Wow. Where has this been all my life? Manuka honey is like pure gold to me now and i'm so glad i decided to buy it. The cost is a little off putting but it is a miracle worker and i love love love iiit! I apply it all over my face and leave it for 20 minutes before washing it off with luke warm water and it leaves my skin soft, hydrated and glowing and that is something i never thought i'd say because of my terrible acne prone skin but after using this mask twice a week for over 6 months it has really improved my skin tone and i am forever grateful for that. My little pot of magic i swear.

not a cure, but helpful!
Reviewed on February 12, 2014

I have only been using it for a little while, and from the views was expecting more of a miracle than I probably should have. I applied it as an all over face mask several times over a week or two, left on for at least an hour each time. It did leave me nicely hydrated, but I noticed no magical difference. HOWEVER when I tried applying the honey as an overnight spot treatment, covered with a bandaid, it did seem to greatly help in taking down pain, inflammation and redness. So, not a silver bullet, but it is beautifully gentle on my highly sensitive skin, and does seem to help keep the breakouts from getting too nasty.

AMAZING!
Reviewed on December 6, 2013

I had a recent break out that was horrible! I picked at it and my skin was scabbed beyond belief. I was desperate and decided to try this after seeing the good reviews everywhere. I healed my scabs. Took away any pimples, reduced redness, and those pesky marks you get after popping them.

how you use it?
Manuka honey-the best thing ever!
Reviewed on October 8, 2013

I started using manuka honey about a week ago, factor 22 every night thinly on my face and small spoon oraly every second day. And after years dealing with moderate acne my face is nearly clear. I have not had any nasty spot from the moment I started and just few blackheads left. My skin colour evened and I feel no itchiness at all. Amazing stuff!

HOLY GRAIL.
Reviewed on July 4, 2013

When I use this as a mask (sometimes even overnight) and rinse it off I am the giddiest girl ever! It helps with dark marks, helps heal current acne, and makes your skin glow. I don't know how I ever lived without it to be honest.

I use it once or twice a week.

Reviewed on May 22, 2013

I tried the reviews had the nice reviews i was so optimistic tried it and was dissapointed it lead me to a break out!