Manuka Honey

Recommended by 77% of visitors

Average price: $28.35

Most helpful review

By Amber, New York, NY on 10/15/2012

This review is for RAW honey. But Manuka works the same. I have tried every face wash in the drug store, at the dermatologist, you name it. I even tried tea tree oil, that turned how horrible for me. I was fed up! Then I came across all these articles about how all these women used raw honey and never looked back. So I went to my grocery store and bought RAW honey. It's in a jar and it's not clear or runny. For the first 2 weeks, you will purge. In my experience, I had those little white heads, so it wasn't that annoying. By the third week, I was smooth, clear, and my acne scars had reduced quite a lot. My normally freakish oil face had reduced as well. I still get a bit of shine, but not nearly as bad. I appreciate that. This is what I use/do. Every morning and night I first use Mill Creek's Wild Oats Scrub (all natural ingredients- like honey, aloe, oatmeal, almond, and apricot) After the scrub, I wash with raw honey, just like you would do with any other cleanser. At least twice a week, I use Freeman's Cucumber Peel. This really brightens my skin tone. I never had a bad reaction from it. At least once a week, I will steam my face for 5-10 mins, then use pore strips. My pores aren't as clogged as before, I just can't help using them. It's a guilty pleasure... After I wash and/or use my peels. I will moisturize with Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel. The clear kind, I don't use the one died blue, I don't trust it. Some people may not have to use a moisturizer after the honey, but I do because aloe serves as an extra healing agent and of course it fades scars. If you've tried everything else and nothing works, please give this a try!.

Pros:
  • Raw honey is the greatest thing to have happened. It helps with acne, redness, wrinkles, you name it!
Cons:
  • None!

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

“not a cure, but helpful!”
By on

I have only been using it for a little while, and from the views was expecting more of a miracle than I probably should have. I applied it as an all over face mask several times over a week or two, left on for at least an hour each time. It did leave me nicely hydrated, but I noticed no magical difference. HOWEVER when I tried applying the honey as an overnight spot treatment, covered with a bandaid, it did seem to greatly help in taking down pain, inflammation and redness. So, not a silver bullet, but it is beautifully gentle on my highly sensitive skin, and does seem to help keep the breakouts from getting too nasty.

Pros

• reduced inflammation
  • reduced pain throughout day
  • non drying

Cons

• sticky! (obviously)
  • can be on the pricey side
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“AMAZING!”
By on

I had a recent break out that was horrible! I picked at it and my skin was scabbed beyond belief. I was desperate and decided to try this after seeing the good reviews everywhere. I healed my scabs. Took away any pimples, reduced redness, and those pesky marks you get after popping them.

Pros

• Very Effective
  • Fast
  • Tasty

Cons

• none
  • for about a week
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Manuka honey-the best thing ever!”
By on

I started using manuka honey about a week ago, factor 22 every night thinly on my face and small spoon oraly every second day. And after years dealing with moderate acne my face is nearly clear. I have not had any nasty spot from the moment I started and just few blackheads left. My skin colour evened and I feel no itchiness at all. Amazing stuff!

Pros

• Reduces acne
  • Easy to use
  • Natural

Cons

• Sticky
  • for about a week
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“HOLY GRAIL.”
By on

When I use this as a mask (sometimes even overnight) and rinse it off I am the giddiest girl ever! It helps with dark marks, helps heal current acne, and makes your skin glow. I don't know how I ever lived without it to be honest.

I use it once or twice a week.

Pros

• Sensitive
  • Effective
  • Natural

Cons

• Sticky (but no matter - it works!)
  • for about a year
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I tried the reviews had the nice reviews i was so optimistic tried it and was dissapointed it lead me to a break out!

Pros

• Tasty

Cons

• Nonsense
  • Break out!
  • for about a month
  • $ 30
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I recently threw out all of my commercial products. This included about $300+ of product. Okay, I didnt really throw it all out. I just shoved it away for a while so I wouldnt be tempted to use it. So I use manuka honey on my acne prone areas for about 30 minutes a day, and follow up with jojoba oil and tea tree oil on my acne prone areas. My skin has never looked better. If you are looking for a holistic approach, at least try it. As of today I have no active acne. This was my saviour.

Pros

• super gentle
  • natural
  • effective

Cons

• $$$
  • sticky
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 35
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was having a mild breakout from coming off of my acne meds, just some around my mouth an chin. I read that manuka honey would help heal it, so I bought it off amazon. I used it for about a week and I broke out in places I never breakout. I had small itchy bumps all over my forehead and nose and cysts around my nose and jaw and white heads everywhere in-between. It was awful. I do not recommend. I am now using aztec healing clay with apple cider vinegar as a cleanser and its great!

Pros

• *Natural
  • *Gentle
  • *Moisturizing

Cons

• *Broke me out a ton
  • *sticky
  • *expensive
  • *can't return
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 40

By on

If you've tried everything else and nothing works, please give this a try!

Pros

Cons

• None!
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

To be honest, I understand the price. The honey comes from New Zealand. The way I use it (Wedderspoon's +16), it's easy to let one container last several months, so it's not a huge deal. I love using it as a mask, applying it thinly to a clean face, leaving it on for an hour and then rinsing it off thoroughly in the shower. I abandoned it in the past because I would leave it on overnight and that was too long for my sensitive yet stubborn skin. Whenever I don't need a shower I use a clean, warm, wet cloth to gently wipe it off. It doesn't work as a miraculous product for me, but it's still an integral part of my regimen and a step up from other masks that are all remove remove remove as opposed to naturally restoring and healing what you already have. It leaves my oily skin soft with a more even tone and it's been shrinking the acne it's purged.

Pros

• reduces redness
  • helps to surface pimples (basically enhanced purging)
  • cleans pores
  • removes flaking
  • leaves skin at a very neutral oiliness

Cons

• challenging to rinse off
  • expensive
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 35
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i tried this honey when i made a pimple worst for popping it so i applied it on the little wound and it did help with the healing process so i figured i'll mix it with turmeric powder and use it as a spot treatment and i did but the next morning i saw a big pimple on the side of my cheek i got so mad , but i was thinking it might have been the honey because turmeric works great on me ,this natural remedy might have help some people but its not for everyone ,i have oily skin but i also have a friend that broke her out and she has dry skin ,hope it helps some people ,.,.i rather just put that honey on my tea ,.if it doesn't work on the outside hopefully it works on the inside :)

Pros

• its moisturizing
  • leaves skin smooth
  • antibacterial
  • for wounds

Cons

• unfortunately didn't really help my pimples
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 17
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.