Manuka Honey reviews

4.2/5 - 37 reviews

The Best Cure for Scars and Active Acne
Reviewed on May 26, 2016

Manuka honey (the stronger the better) is a little miracle worker for my skin!

Regular raw honey is also very good for skin care but it will not come even close with Manuka regarding the fast healing benefits and acne controlling properties.

I've suffered from moderate cystic/hormonal acne for the past 6 years.

I've gone through expensive treatments regularly in the salon and used so many products to help keep my skin clear but nothing has really helped me since now.

I've been using +15 Active and Raw Manuka Honey for two weeks and I can already see so much improvements in my skin! The dry patches are gone, my skin is moisturised and plump, my oilyness is much reduced and my old scars are beginning to fade very fast. Also the breakouts are not so painful and long-lasting as they used to be, they also heal very quickly!

I use Raw and Active Manuka Honey every day on my skin as a mask for at least 20 minutes. Sometimes I use it even longer if I have the time. It is truely a miracle worker for me and I will definitely keep it in my skin care regimen for now on!

I am so impressed and so in love with this stuff!

If you decide to use Manuka make sure to use ACTIVE and RAW honey from New Zeland

and to put in on clean and damp face to reap all the goodliness it has to offer!

May the force (of Manuka) be with you!

Manuka magic
Reviewed on April 10, 2016

Manuka honey is amazing, I use this stuff all the time. I come home, take off my make up, slap on a layer of this stuff and leave it sit for hours. It calms my skin right down, if I have an active and aggravated breakout, it will be a lot less inflamed after applying this. I won't say its a cure for acne, but it definitely helps to calm the skin down and gives a beautiful natural glow. You can also mix with coconut oil, avocado, cinnamon and lots of other fun things.

Not good for my skin.
Reviewed on April 8, 2016

I have tried manuka honey twice, both at different ages in my life, and both times it has broken me out. Granted, I used it as a cleanser so I am talking about its cleansing properties. Manuka honey has amazing antibacterial properties so I understand why it will work for some people, I just wish that it worked for me. I am giving it 3 stars though, because it really helps your skin look less red, and is an excellent moisturizer. But it broke me out, which wasn't what I wanted it to do at all.

Amazing!
Reviewed on March 21, 2016

I have had moderate acne for 7 years. I've tried everything for my skin from over the counter to various doctor prescribed pills and creams! Most ended up drying out my skin horribly, as well as hardly reducing the acne I had if not making it worse and just left me frustrated.

I decided to give Manuka honey a try about 2-3 weeks ago after reading about the success so many people had. Of course I was skeptical, I mean when I say I have tried everything I've tried EVERYTHING, and I hardly believed something like honey would clear my face. I started using the honey as a one hour face mask everyday with spot treatment on formed/forming pimples overnight. The first few days all I really noticed was a slight decrease in inflammation of the acne I had and my face felt more hydrated and was way less flakey. Around day 4-5 I broke out quite a bit. At this point I thought here we go another failed attempt. However I continued using it vowing to at least give it 10 days.

I'm now on week two and a half and my face has NEVER looked better !!!! I have not ONE single pimple and the pimples that formed after the initial breakout cleared up within a few days rather than weeks! My skin tone is more even, it looks so healthy and the few red spots you have left over after a pimple goes away are starting to fade. My skin is not dry, not irritated and has NO new zits forming! It even worked on the occasional cysts I get that normally take a month to clear up, reducing it to nothing but a red mark within 5 days! I have even gotten compliments on how good my skin looks which for me is crazy! I'm hardly ever impressed by anything I use on my skin but this impressed me so much I just had to share! I'm even considering going out without face makeup on I love my skin so much now! Highly recommend giving it a try, after all what do you have to lose! Make sure you give it time to work, you most likely won't see immediate results!

Heals
Reviewed on March 9, 2016

I use Pure Gold Manuka Honey 18 + - What I do is in the evening I put it on a problem area on my face and I leave it on for maybe half an hour and then I get a towel with warm water and gently dab it on my face. The results are extraordinary. First of all it leaves the skin moisturised and soft second of all it removes redness. I had a spot on my chin which was really annoying me I slept with Manuka honey on it and the next morning it went down dramatically. I definitely recommend this.

Finally something that really worked for my skin!
Reviewed on February 6, 2016

I have struggled with moderate acne for more than 15 years. I started acne.org regimen a few years ago and for two years it was working well and cleared my skin but suddenly my skin became allergic to benzyl peroxide, I had red, dry, itchy skin and nothing seemed to help. So I stopped using peroxide and along with acne I had to deal with itchy red spots on my skin that would not heal. I tries honey mask before, but when I read good reviews about manuka honey I decided to give it a try, never thought it will be very effective. I started using it as a mask for about two hours every night. I have only been using it for one week and OMG already I see A LOT of inprovement! My skin looks much more clear, my complexion is improved a lot, I have fewer pimples than I had for a lomg time, and my Tzone is much less shiny-oily than before. Along with that it has helped with red itchy spots on my face, they got smaller, less dry and itchy and one of them has almost disappeared.

Of course I am continuing to use and hoping for even more good results with time. I'm so impressed already and suggest you give it a try too.

Just a few more details: I use manuka honey from wedderspoon, I wash my face with acne.org cleanser morning and night, at nights after washin I put manuka honey on my face for two hours or more and after rinsing follow with acne.org moosturizer. In mornings I only wash and apply moisturizer.

Simple, natural and effective
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

This has been so amazing for my skin, I use about 1/2 tsp of manuka honey in the mornings with wet hands and face. I massage it in for about one minute then rinse. My face feels clean, and moisturized. In the evening I use only olive oil, about 1 tsp massaged into a dry face. This will work so so well removing makeup. I then use a hot face cloth to gently wipe off the excess oil. Both of these treatments are anti microbial and the oil helps to tame the over production of sebum naturally! I use nothing else on my face. Believe me, I have tried it all!

by ltaylor11 on 01/25/2016 19:25
My skin tends to get clogged pores easily (blackheads, whiteheads, etc.). I really want to try all natural products and I have literally tried everything as well. I see that olive oil has a comedogenic rating of 2, which is moderate to low, but I'm still worried it will break me out more. :(
Perfect Post-Picking Spot Treatment
Reviewed on June 21, 2015

In my personal experience I have found Manuka Honey to be a very healing spot treatment. This is the way I use it:

If I have squeezed at a pimple (which I am trying very hard to NEVER do, but you know, sometimes you can't resist) and am left with a scab or a wound of some sort as a result, I will dab a little Manuka Honey (I use the Rowse brand NPA 10+) over the area with a clean Q-tip and leave it on for as long as possible (Anything from an hour to all day.) Then before bed I will gently wipe away the Manuka Honey with a damp cotton pad.

I have found that this method is very healing to wounds created by popping and picking at pimples. I also believe that the moisturising and antibacterial properties are beneficial to existing pimples.

However, as an all over mask, I have not had success with Manuka Honey. For whatever reason, it is a little to much for my skin to handle. After I have used a Manuka mask I will almost always have a small breakout in the coming days. This may be due to some sort of "purging" but I have had enough experiences of purging processes in my lifetime to want to stick out another one!

So all in all, Manuka Honey is fantastic as a spot treatment, but for me personally, it is not suitable as an all over mask.

Definitely worth trying!
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

Manuka honey is one of my favorite go-to remedies for a whole host of skin issues. Look for the type that is "Active 16+" as this indicates it is very beneficial on calming inflammation and promoting antibacterial activity. Manuka honey works great as a weekly face mask. To use it this way, apply a warm cloth to the face for about a minute to open pores, then spread about a tablespoon of the honey around the entire face. Leave it on at least 15 minutes or longer, an hour or more is even better. It is very sticky as honey is that way, but it will rinse off easily. It works really well as an overnight pimple spot treatment. To use it this way, apply a small amount to cover the pimple, then put a small bandaid over the area. The bandaid will keep the honey in contact with the skin and prevent it from making a sticky mess on your bedding. I have found that the overnight treatment significantly reduces swelling and redness and speeds up the healing process.

No miracle, but definitely helps!
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

This is the best thing I have found recently for cystic acne. After doing research I found that cystic acne is really a clue to whats going on INSIDE your body mainly digestion, and showing up on your face. Doing some research into this, I can see why it poses so many benefits.

I tried it on 5 cystic f'ers on my chin. The older ones decreased in redness and a little in size from one day (i spot treated for probably 3 hours with a mixture of manuka, cinnamon, turmeric, and nutmeg). The newest pimple that had arrived that morning came to a head by the evening. I was amazed... normally it takes like a week for a cystic pimple to even come a head but by night, there was a white head. I did an all over pain manuka mask tonight and then spot treated with the extra powered mixture. it seems to really heal them better too.

Its not a miracle worker- you can't put it on and expect the huge pimples to be gone. But what I did notice different than any other medication was that it brought it to a head faster, therefore decreasing the time from breakout-healing.