Ice Cubes Face Massage

Average price: $3.37

Most helpful review

By me1241lol on 06/16/2012
thumbnail

I just started using ice on my face the last week or so as a spot treatment. I have mild-moderate acne and I found that using ice on developing pimples really kills it fast. What I do is I take an ice cube from the freezer and place it gently on any developing bumps that I know are emerging zits. I hold it at each of them for about 20 seconds and then just gently glide the remaining ice on my whole face in circular motions. Areas under your eyes are sensitive so I try to avoid those parts. And immediately after using ice, I find that the bump is very much diminished and are already disappearing instead of continuing to emerge. The immediate effects are astonishing! I was quite surprised at how it was so fast! Definitely recommended to stop zits from developing but do be aware that you shouldn't put ice at one place for too long as ice can burn your skin! If you really need to, give your skin a break first between icings. Yeap, good luck! (:.

Pros:
  • reduces swelling
  • reduces redness temporarily
  • kills developing pimples really fast!
Cons:
  • Dries my skin, but other than that nothing much
  • Also, this may not be as effective for severe acne where the lesions are deep in the skin.
  • Plus I have heard from some that icing constricts blood vessels on your face which reduces blood circulation and hence reduces healing.(so I usually mainly do spot treat)

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

So this has totally helped with my acne. I can now for sure say that I have light acne! Now I have a process so it's not the ice alone but this is what I do-

Every night I wash my cash with aveno

Every night I also use the ice. I take the ice and place it in half of a napkin, then squeeze the ice in my hand so that it melts slightly. Then the napkin is stuck to the ice and I gently apply as a spot treatment. Then the napkin is coming of so I just take it off and rub it on my black heads in circular motions.

Once a week I also exfoliate with baking soda, sugar, salt, and baking powder.

A often use the Clinique acne spot treatment

Sometimes I use the Clinique dramaticly different moisturizer

That's my routine!:)

Pros

• Reduces swelling
  • Reduces redness
  • Help relieve pain
  • Actually helps get rid of pimples!
  • Helps with blackheads after time
  • Reduces size of pores

Cons

• For actual improvement of acne it needs to be used consistently
  • A bit of a process of done correctly.
  • light
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• reduces swelling
  • reduces redness temporarily
  • kills developing pimples really fast!

Cons

• Dries my skin, but other than that nothing much

By on

There may be an additional effect for your skin if you use tea instead of tap water. Try using camellia tea (or any other tea with anti-microbial properties). Also, holding the icecubes in place for a while, works best for problem areas as I've found out. I definitely recommend atleast trying this.

Pros

• ~ Cheap and easy to do
  • ~ Reduced my pore size significantly
  • ~ Calms irritated skin
  • ~ Decreases acne over time

Cons

• ~ Cold (somewhat painful even)
  • ~ It's not a cure for acne, obviously
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have combination skin, with mild-moderate acne. Probably more like mild... not sure.

Weeell. Whenever I feel a zit coming in, I hold an ice cube wrapped in a napkin (so it isn't TOO cold) onto my face. It really helps reduce swelling and pain in undergrounders (you know, those really big red bumps that sometimes don't come to a head, but hurt soooo bad). This won't get rid of or prevent acne, just help with pain and swelling.

Pros

• reduces pimple size
  • helps releive pain (from those nasty, painfully swollen undergrounders)
  • If you do it before a zit comes to a head, it'll be shorter lived and will go away faster

Cons

• really cold!
  • won't clear acne, just helps deliver relief from those big zits.
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I massage my face with ice cubes when my acne starts flaring up and I don't even want to leave my house. At night I wash my face, rub ice on it, wait for my face to dry and then apply benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment. In most cases they shrink in size almost immediately, and for me it helps my makeup look more even and natural when I apply it the next morning. I highly recommend using this. It's the equivalent to getting some expensive acne product, minus the cost.

Pros

• Reduces pimple size
  • Fades scars over time
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Quick, easy, and you find it right in your house

Cons

• Can be uncomfortably cold, but you get used to it
  • Obviously not a miracle worker
  • moderate
  • inconsistently
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've had acne for years but when I use ice for a few nights in a row after i wash my face and before i moistuerize there is a HUGE difference in my skin.

Pros

• Fades scars overnight with continous use
  • Decreases acne

Cons

• Cold!
  • Wont totally clear acne alone
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Great beauty secret, I do not want to stop doing it. My overal acne state improved. My skin is more beautiful. It is amazing.

Pros

• *Cheap, almost free.
  • *Really works.
  • *Makes your skin refreshed.
  • *Reduces oil on your skin.
  • *Simple to do.
  • *Reduces the general acne aspect on your skin.
  • *Makes you look younger.

Cons

• *May be so cold, if you use it too much on the same area can be painful.
  • *It may take a while for you to get used to, but it is worth it.
  • *It is good for you to try to make a bigger ice cub for you to use it just once; you will not want to go to the kitchen more than once to take ice cubes.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been struggling with acne for many years, I've used everything from lemon juice to toners to masks to benzoyl peroxide.And when I tried an ice massage I was blown away by it's effects!! I felt happy but scammed from the companies who made products that NEVER WORKED. And yet ice cleared most of my acne without the pricey and painful washes! I gently hold an ice pack to the problem areas every night for about 5 minutes (and wear gloves!!!) The good thing about an ice pack is that you can also heat it to help treat cysts or other bad areas. I've only used this for a week and my acne looks so much better. I WISHED I discovered this sooner!!

I hope this helps you like it helped me :)

Good Luck <3

Pros

• *Cleared acne almost INSTANTLY
  • *soothes skin!
  • *CHEAP!
  • *tightens skin
  • *Reduces pore size
  • *fades acne scars

Cons

• *VERY COLD!!!!
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've recently been rubbing ice on my face, or I call them "ice facials." I use it twice a day, once in the morning and once in the night right after I wash my face. I rub an ice cube all over my face and then I press it on my problem areas, such as on cluster of pimples or on my nose where I have large pores and blackheads.

I love the way it feels on my skin and it's good for those angry red pimples that hurt. It both reduces the swelling and eases the redness.

Definitely try it out, I mean why not, ice cubes are so simple, everybody has them and they are so easy to use with no negative side effects.

Pros

• Reduces redness
  • Closes pores
  • Calms irritated/itchy skin
  • Feels nice
  • Eases pimples
  • Not expensive at all
  • Simple
  • Easy To use
  • Soothing

Cons

• Face may be red after use but it goes away in a minute or so.
  • Results may be immediate or only significant after a few uses
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I think these are really good, but what I found to reduce redness is to wrap the ice cube in tissue first - you still have the coldness but it makes your face less red.

Pros

• Skin feels fresh
  • Spot size reduced
  • Shrinks Pores

Cons

• Cold can make your skin a little red
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.