Ice Cubes Face Massage reviews

4.5/5 - 30 reviews

Ice Cubes Face Massage

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

pretty good
Reviewed on October 11, 2015

I used it on some really red nodules and it made the pain and redness go away. they're still there but aren't really visible, which sucks but is much better than how they were like before. Also works good for stopping pustules that haven't fully formed yet .

please help!!
Reviewed on September 13, 2015

(I created an account just to help find easy cures for acne)

my acne isn't too bad, but I have a couple of big ones every here and there... my problem is I touch my face too much. it's just a bad habit. my acne is genetic, and both of my parents grew out of theirs, but as a teen acne is pretty embarrassing. my acne is mostly around my forehead, checks, chin, and mouth. I have scars on the sides of my face, forehead, and chin. I was wondering if ice truly works (I read a ton of comments saying they did, some didn't) and if not ice, then what should I use? please and thank you for the help!!

by 317andrew317 on 09/18/2015 07:00
Yes it works, I wrote a review down below on how I became acne free. Ice is all you need. I have tried just about everything to combat acne, nothing was as effective as ice. I am almost 20, so I can empathize with you on acne being embarrassing!
by L2hU on 10/03/2015 01:08
Check out the SoothieQ. It is exactly what you need for this. You will love it. [link removed]
Something I'd recommended!
Reviewed on August 24, 2015

For a whole week I've been rubbing ice on my face and seriously it has helped a lot! Now before I get any hopes up I "suffer" from light but almost moderate acne. So the ice helped with reduced the redness and helped with "shrinking" some pimples. I keep blabbering so just read below to see what I do:

After washing my face with my face wash I rub ice on my face in circular motions, concentrating mostly where my acne and scars are. I use two cubes of ice. Now people here say not to rub ice on your face directly because its bad or whatever but by the time I've washed my face, gone to the toilet & brushed my teeth its pretty much melted.

So yeah that's pretty much it, I wouldn't have made an account just to review this if it hadn't of worked on me. Just test it out for a month and see if it helps you. good luck x

(P.S can someone recommended me a good face wash to use for acne so far I've used Nutrogena, Nivea and a few others I forgot)

by 317andrew317 on 09/18/2015 06:57
You can rub ice directly on your skin, it's not bad at all so I wish people would stop saying that. I have been doing it for over a year, if you don't use ice directly on the skin it will not be as effective. Face washes for acne is a marketing gimmick, I saw you read my review down below and I have tried acne cleansers. Now I just use generic soap bars, whatever I can find! Ice WILL work eliminating the need for any extra "for acne" products.
Go to treatment!
Reviewed on August 24, 2015

I loovee to put ice on my acne. Yeah, it's cold (obv.) but it really does reduce the size and redness of my acne and i love it!!

Reviewed on August 18, 2015

If I don't have ice cubes, can I do the same thing but with an Ice pack? I won't be using an ice pack every time, but just for back up.

by kopu98 on 09/21/2015 19:49
by L2hU on 10/03/2015 01:12
You could get a SoothieQ. It's the perfect Ice Therapy Tool for icing inflamed pimples. It's safe, easy to use, convenient and economical. Perfect for puffy eyes too and a multiple of other uses. Perfect for after facial waxing and cosmetic injections, even insect bites, bee stings. Its the perfect size for small areas. Everyone loves the SoothieQ.
I approve!
Reviewed on July 26, 2015

Over the past 30 days I've been icing my face after washing in the morning and evening. I use one ice cube and rub It in circles across my whole face, including eyes. I don't know for sure if this has made any significant difference in controlling my cystic acne, i have still had new bumps pop up since I've started, but I must say it helps even out complexion in my opinion. It is also very soothing to the existing bumps. Im worried that icing my face too much may cause overly dry skin, but between the million topical a I'm using now, it can't be any worse. I am going to keep at this ice thing and if anything hope it keeps away those wrinkles in the future! :)

Reviewed on May 16, 2015

Is this ice treatement effective?

I have moderate/mild acne and pimple marks. Will ice effect on them and will it get better.

Pls comment and tell me. :)

by spingirl214 on 07/26/2015 22:04
Be consistent and use the ice every single day for at least 30 days. You should see a slight improvement. Consistency is key though- it won't help a bump go away over night (unfortunately!) :(
by 317andrew317 on 09/18/2015 06:50
Did you not read the 3 pages of reviews and comments below? Yes, using ice consistently will prevent acne. Once you stop it will reappear again. Ice is a temporary solution until you outgrow acne.
Try it ! Worth it ! Great before a day out !
Reviewed on April 1, 2015

This helps as it calms down irritations which causes the redness. Also this can kill the bacteria in the pours stopping break outs. However this will only work if you keep the skin clean and avoid touching your face as coldness open your pours meaning more germs can get in so try no to touch your face. Then just before you go to bed put you face it Luke warm water to close the pours and you should see an improvement in redness and the size of the pimples

by sanchit kumar on 07/21/2015 17:42
Correct me if i am water opens the pores and cold water closes it.I have been through a lot of articles on acne and this is what i have read throughout.
by kzhard on 09/01/2015 08:36
you're wrong,, warm or hot water opens your pores while cold water closes it,,
by 317andrew317 on 09/18/2015 06:48
I touch my face all the time and I don't get acne anymore. (I wrote the review below you). And you have you opening and closing backwards. And you don't need to put your face in lukewarm water. After icing your body heats back up pretty quickly.
The cure for acne, no joke.
Reviewed on January 21, 2015

I am currently a 19 year old male and I have been struggling with severe/moderate acne since I was 14. My acne is genetic and it is the medium sized red ones that eventually develop a white head and leaves marks well after you have popped them. I had tons of them all over my face and back, until I tried ice. Well I still have backne but I don't really mind it since I am a guy and it is always covered.

Anyway I have tried basically everything for acne like lemon juice, milk of magnesia, doxycyline, minocycline, epiduo, aczone, hydrogen perioxide, multiple cleansers, paleo diet, african black soap, baking soda, honey, toothpaste, zinc pills, cinnamon pills, fish oil, cod liver oil, green tea, sea salt, ice, and many others that I cant think of off the top of my head.

The only things that cleared me of acne was doxycycline (until I developed resistance), paleo diet (hard to not eat good food), and of course ice. I tried ice when I was around 18 and half and I was ecstatic when I discovered the results. I wish I discovered this remedy before I finished high school! So reading all the comments I noticed a lot of people use it for spot treatments or they say it is not a cure. It works wonders for a spot treatment but also for a full preventative measure. The people that say it doesn't prevent acne are just spewing rubbish. I am fully cleared and don't have any more recurring acne in the spots that I ice on a regular basis. So I would also assume that everyone else's skin would react the same to ice as well, especially since the skin's anatomy is the same for every human.

So here is my procedure.

1. Put 10 to 20 ice cubes in a ziplock bag.

2. Sit down at a desk or table with a towel below, because water will drip everywhere, and put on some Netflix or whatever you like to watch, because this takes time (15-45 minutes).

3. Take 1 ice cube in each hand and just massage evenly around your problematic area with the ice in your fingers. For me my acne was all around my mouth area and cheeks, I don't develop any on my forehead so that makes it easier.

4. Once the 2 ice cubes melt, replace them with another 2 asap and continue, don't let your face or wherever warm up too much!

5. After you finished all the ice cubes, if you have a big nasty zit, hold an additional ice cube or two on it until melted (spot treatment). Then dry off your face and apply moisturizer or a cream of your choice.

I know that it hurts and your fingers and face feel like they will fall off, but imagine the results and stay motivated. You will really get used to it, at this point it is only extremely cold for the first minute for me, but I have been doing this for 6 months. Also you can do this every other day, I have experimented with the quantity of cubes and how often I should do it. It takes about 40 minutes to do 20 cubes so that is why I recommend Netflix or some sort of entertainment. I personally at this point, since I am cleared, do 12 cubes every other night or every night depending on if I feel like it or have time. Also I noticed some people say to wrap the ice cube, but I prefer to suck it up and get the full effects of the ice, plus I also like the refreshing water on my skin. Once your area gets numb enough, you wont feel the cold anymore and it'll become a lot more comfortable. Keep in mind, like all treatments, it'll take maybe a month for you to be fully clear, but you should start seeing results within a week, if you use my method. The only thing you should be putting directly on your problematic area is simply just ice, no rags, no paper towels, nothing. You want the full effects of the ice. You can wear gloves when holding the ice if need be. The first month I recommend 16-20 cubes and after you're clear you can drop to 10+, don't do less then 10 because your area needs to get numb and stay numb for a little bit. Lastly, some people say they get white heads after first trying this, that is normal and what ice is supposed to do. Acne forms way before it shows on your skin, the ice is bringing the existing acne to the surface to pop and preventing further acne from developing.

The best parts about ice is that is ice free, for the most part, is very abundant, and it works! It will also boost your self-esteem once you start seeing results! Good luck everyone and be sure to try it out!

by RainbowWillow on 08/24/2015 15:09
This is so reassuring! Thanks!
by 317andrew317 on 09/18/2015 06:42
Update 9 months later: Face is still spotless with an occasional small pimple. I have found a perfect routine for me and that is for every 3 days I try and ice for 2 of those days. I always ice 12-14 ice cubes. Takes maybe 20 minutes. I figured out why I was getting backne too, it was because I washed my back in the shower, so now I don't wash my back anymore. Some may think it's gross but if it means no acne then so be it. I don't ever touch my back in the shower anymore, I let the water runoff clean it so it leaves my body oils there to protect my skin. No more soap for my back! I have been acne free for over a year now and it feels great! Self esteem is through the roof and I am having the best time of my life in college. If you haven't started yet, what are you waiting for? Go grab a bag of ice now, you will regret not trying ice!
Help me!!
Reviewed on December 14, 2014

I'm desperate for answers!! I just tried the ice thing two days ago by just putting ice onto my skin and rub it around my whole face until it melts. I woke up and a lot of my redness was gone. So I did it last night again after washing my face and I noticed that this time when I did it my cheeks felt a little bit irritated. I then put on my moisturizer and went to sleep. This morning I woke up and see little white spots I mean like really really little white spots on my cheeks around where my acne is! I guess they're whiteheads. Now I'm so scared that I just made my face worst!! I haven't touched them at all. They feel a little bit irritated, sensitive, and sorta itchy. I'm so scared they're going to form into pimples! Idk what to do!! Could this happen!? Please answer because I'm going to have a nervous breakdown!!

by lvlani on 12/17/2014 16:29
If you have an oily skin, it may be the overuse of moisturizer you have used. I my self rarely use any moisturizer especially on my cheeks, and if I do, I use the ones with very little oil. The ice remedy has never caused me pimples, instead my pimples got very small in size overtime. You just have to be patient.
by pimplylynn on 01/15/2015 01:38
Sounds like you might be allergic to the moisturizer...
by pimplylynn on 01/15/2015 01:49
Sounds like you might be allergic to the moisturizer...
by 317andrew317 on 01/21/2015 07:31
Thats normal, it is bringing the white heads to the surface. That is what ice does. After those, you shouldn't be getting anymore.