Ice Cubes Face Massage reviews

4.5/5 - 24 reviews

Help!
Reviewed on May 16, 2015

Is this ice treatement effective?

I have moderate/mild acne and pimple marks. Will ice effect on them and will it get better.

Pls comment and tell me. :)

Thanks!

Try it ! Worth it ! Great before a day out !
Reviewed on April 1, 2015

This helps as it calms down irritations which causes the redness. Also this can kill the bacteria in the pours stopping break outs. However this will only work if you keep the skin clean and avoid touching your face as coldness open your pours meaning more germs can get in so try no to touch your face. Then just before you go to bed put you face it Luke warm water to close the pours and you should see an improvement in redness and the size of the pimples

The cure for acne, no joke.
Reviewed on January 21, 2015

I am currently a 19 year old male and I have been struggling with severe/moderate acne since I was 14. My acne is genetic and it is the medium sized red ones that eventually develop a white head and leaves marks well after you have popped them. I had tons of them all over my face and back, until I tried ice. Well I still have backne but I don't really mind it since I am a guy and it is always covered.

Anyway I have tried basically everything for acne like lemon juice, milk of magnesia, doxycyline, minocycline, epiduo, aczone, hydrogen perioxide, multiple cleansers, paleo diet, african black soap, baking soda, honey, toothpaste, zinc pills, cinnamon pills, fish oil, cod liver oil, green tea, sea salt, ice, and many others that I cant think of off the top of my head.

The only things that cleared me of acne was doxycycline (until I developed resistance), paleo diet (hard to not eat good food), and of course ice. I tried ice when I was around 18 and half and I was ecstatic when I discovered the results. I wish I discovered this remedy before I finished high school! So reading all the comments I noticed a lot of people use it for spot treatments or they say it is not a cure. It works wonders for a spot treatment but also for a full preventative measure. The people that say it doesn't prevent acne are just spewing rubbish. I am fully cleared and don't have any more recurring acne in the spots that I ice on a regular basis. So I would also assume that everyone else's skin would react the same to ice as well, especially since the skin's anatomy is the same for every human.

So here is my procedure.

1. Put 10 to 20 ice cubes in a ziplock bag.

2. Sit down at a desk or table with a towel below, because water will drip everywhere, and put on some Netflix or whatever you like to watch, because this takes time (15-45 minutes).

3. Take 1 ice cube in each hand and just massage evenly around your problematic area with the ice in your fingers. For me my acne was all around my mouth area and cheeks, I don't develop any on my forehead so that makes it easier.

4. Once the 2 ice cubes melt, replace them with another 2 asap and continue, don't let your face or wherever warm up too much!

5. After you finished all the ice cubes, if you have a big nasty zit, hold an additional ice cube or two on it until melted (spot treatment). Then dry off your face and apply moisturizer or a cream of your choice.

I know that it hurts and your fingers and face feel like they will fall off, but imagine the results and stay motivated. You will really get used to it, at this point it is only extremely cold for the first minute for me, but I have been doing this for 6 months. Also you can do this every other day, I have experimented with the quantity of cubes and how often I should do it. It takes about 40 minutes to do 20 cubes so that is why I recommend Netflix or some sort of entertainment. I personally at this point, since I am cleared, do 12 cubes every other night or every night depending on if I feel like it or have time. Also I noticed some people say to wrap the ice cube, but I prefer to suck it up and get the full effects of the ice, plus I also like the refreshing water on my skin. Once your area gets numb enough, you wont feel the cold anymore and it'll become a lot more comfortable. Keep in mind, like all treatments, it'll take maybe a month for you to be fully clear, but you should start seeing results within a week, if you use my method. The only thing you should be putting directly on your problematic area is simply just ice, no rags, no paper towels, nothing. You want the full effects of the ice. You can wear gloves when holding the ice if need be. The first month I recommend 16-20 cubes and after you're clear you can drop to 10+, don't do less then 10 because your area needs to get numb and stay numb for a little bit. Lastly, some people say they get white heads after first trying this, that is normal and what ice is supposed to do. Acne forms way before it shows on your skin, the ice is bringing the existing acne to the surface to pop and preventing further acne from developing.

The best parts about ice is that is ice free, for the most part, is very abundant, and it works! It will also boost your self-esteem once you start seeing results! Good luck everyone and be sure to try it out!

Help me!!
Reviewed on December 14, 2014

I'm desperate for answers!! I just tried the ice thing two days ago by just putting ice onto my skin and rub it around my whole face until it melts. I woke up and a lot of my redness was gone. So I did it last night again after washing my face and I noticed that this time when I did it my cheeks felt a little bit irritated. I then put on my moisturizer and went to sleep. This morning I woke up and see little white spots I mean like really really little white spots on my cheeks around where my acne is! I guess they're whiteheads. Now I'm so scared that I just made my face worst!! I haven't touched them at all. They feel a little bit irritated, sensitive, and sorta itchy. I'm so scared they're going to form into pimples! Idk what to do!! Could this happen!? Please answer because I'm going to have a nervous breakdown!!

by lvlani on 12/17/2014 16:29
If you have an oily skin, it may be the overuse of moisturizer you have used. I my self rarely use any moisturizer especially on my cheeks, and if I do, I use the ones with very little oil. The ice remedy has never caused me pimples, instead my pimples got very small in size overtime. You just have to be patient.
by pimplylynn on 01/15/2015 01:38
Sounds like you might be allergic to the moisturizer...
by pimplylynn on 01/15/2015 01:49
Sounds like you might be allergic to the moisturizer...
by 317andrew317 on 01/21/2015 07:31
Thats normal, it is bringing the white heads to the surface. That is what ice does. After those, you shouldn't be getting anymore.
Works like a charm
Reviewed on September 18, 2014

I have oily skin and I have been fighting acne for more than 7-8 years, with my acne being overpopulated on the face sides, meaning that my cheeks, T-Zone, neck and other places have always been clear and I have an OK front look. It was my profile that would reveal my skin condition. Anyways, during these years I have experienced mild to medium acne and never been able to get it under control. Things I have tried include: Murad exfoliator and spot treatment, Aspirin tablets (Topical usage), Benzoyl peroxide as well as natural home remedies such as: coconut oil, lemon juice, turmeric, egg whites and many self-made masks. So I came up with a website suggesting ice cubes as a powerful skin remedy and I thought what do I have to lose?? Since a month ago I started messaging my face every night with an ice cube, letting it wet my face and I can tell you that not only I had no more new acne since then, but I also have noticed a pleasant glow and firmness in my skin. I also know some one else who claims she benefited a lot from the same method. So don't hesitate to use it.

by Linssssbaby on 12/19/2014 04:49
Did it help with marks ??
Try it!
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

Let me say i just have tried so many things. My face started breaking out so bad this past year due to pcos. I always google everything and read so many reviews. I started getting heat rash on my forehead. This fl heat is brutal and the heat rash would all come to a head. So i had about 100 tiny pimples on top of my other acne. It has taken away my confidence and i've been severely depressed. Well i started taking an ice cube made of distilled or spring water. I put it in a thin rag and wet the spot where the ice is. I use acnefree just the cleanser once a night because twice usually breaks me out more. So after the cleanser i glide the cloth over my face and hold it in spots that are bad. I do it till it melts completely. After it dries i have cerave pm which i put on. I've been using the cleanser and moisturizer for over three months. But i've been using ice for four days...and my acne looks so much better and alot of it has cleared! I use the ice during the day if i'm overheated as well. It's definitely something to try. Like i said i read so many reviews trying to find help and i decided to write one myself because i was so impressed!

by Linssssbaby on 12/19/2014 04:51
Did it help with red marks that were left behind from acne ?
Reviewed on August 9, 2012

So this has totally helped with my acne. I can now for sure say that I have light acne! Now I have a process so it's not the ice alone but this is what I do-

Every night I wash my cash with aveno

Every night I also use the ice. I take the ice and place it in half of a napkin, then squeeze the ice in my hand so that it melts slightly. Then the napkin is stuck to the ice and I gently apply as a spot treatment. Then the napkin is coming of so I just take it off and rub it on my black heads in circular motions.

Once a week I also exfoliate with baking soda, sugar, salt, and baking powder.

A often use the Clinique acne spot treatment

Sometimes I use the Clinique dramaticly different moisturizer

That's my routine!:)

Reviewed on June 16, 2012

I just started using ice on my face the last week or so as a spot treatment. I have mild-moderate acne and I found that using ice on developing pimples really kills it fast.

What I do is I take an ice cube from the freezer and place it gently on any developing bumps that I know are emerging zits. I hold it at each of them for about 20 seconds and then just gently glide the remaining ice on my whole face in circular motions. Areas under your eyes are sensitive so I try to avoid those parts. And immediately after using ice, I find that the bump is very much diminished and are already disappearing instead of continuing to emerge. The immediate effects are astonishing! I was quite surprised at how it was so fast! Definitely recommended to stop zits from developing but do be aware that you shouldn't put ice at one place for too long as ice can burn your skin! If you really need to, give your skin a break first between icings. Yeap, good luck! (:

Reviewed on March 28, 2012

There may be an additional effect for your skin if you use tea instead of tap water. Try using camellia tea (or any other tea with anti-microbial properties). Also, holding the icecubes in place for a while, works best for problem areas as I've found out. I definitely recommend atleast trying this.

Reviewed on February 24, 2012

I have combination skin, with mild-moderate acne. Probably more like mild... not sure.

Weeell. Whenever I feel a zit coming in, I hold an ice cube wrapped in a napkin (so it isn't TOO cold) onto my face. It really helps reduce swelling and pain in undergrounders (you know, those really big red bumps that sometimes don't come to a head, but hurt soooo bad). This won't get rid of or prevent acne, just help with pain and swelling.