Glycolic Acid Peel reviews

3.8/5 - 77 reviews

Very little effect for stubborn skin
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I have some minor acne scarring, ice picks (very minor) and a few holes (again very minor) but always noticeable to yourself. Persistent redness left over from spots is a huge problem for me, still going strong after a year and a half. I have combination oily skin.

I bought this as it is a light peel, you start light and work your way up. This sadly had very very little effect on me. It did burn a little yes but not to an unbearable extent.

You are recommended to do this peel once a week, I bought from Bravura (I recommend highly), I however used this peel 5 days in a row purely out of frustration due to seeing no change. This still did nothing to my skin - I didn't even react badly to it! I even did a 30% and a 50% peel at the same time, one after one another, layered etc, my point being, I never ever reacted to it. meaning it just was not strong enough for my skin.

It is a superficial peel, I should imagine it to work well for skin that is not badly damaged and which has not been scarred for a long time. This is my own personal recommendation. If you want to do TCA (medium depth peel) in the future I highly recommend that you do these peels for several weeks in the future.

I think you need to examine how damaged your skin is before purchasing this, my skin is evidently made out of steel after the amount of crap ive put on it haha, it did not break me out however and helped with redness ever so slightly.

Worked for me - my skin requires continuation though
Reviewed on March 29, 2014

I use the acne.org regimen and loved the AHA. I still had some long-time (old) scarring that I wanted to fade once the acne reduced. I saw a dermatologist and he recommended glycolic peel every 2 weeks as I was working full time and had no ability to take time off for healing.

It stung and I had to hold a fan to my face while it was there, but it was quick and after 2 months of treatments I was seeing results. I was asked to increase the strength of the peel as well upto 50% and even up to 60% over a few months. I loved it! BUT SUN SCREEN IS A COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE MUST! I did not experience visible peeling or redness (I have brown skin).

Unfortunately, due to weather and stress my acne is back and I'm back on the regimen. Some scarring is starting again, but I am on AHA hoping to never go back to where I was.

I have the skin that I've always wanted!!
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

First off, I never write reviews for anything so this is a big deal for me. I'm a young female who has suffered from horrible skin for majority of my life. I've tried everything imaginable, and nothing has ever helped. I purchased a 30% glycolic peel from Amazon after doing much research, and WOW.. Not only has my acne cleared completely, but it has taken away years of scars! My skin is beautiful and I can't be more happy about it. I've never been able to walk around without makeup, until now :). Please do your research before doing a glycolic peel at home (youtube is very helpful). My tips: DON'T start out with a peel that is higher than 30%, DON'T do it more than once per week, and DO generously moisturize your skin until several days after peel. If you are sick and tired of having bad skin, please give this a try.

by neiry on 07/08/2014 21:19
which peel did you bought?
Helped Pitted Scars
Reviewed on January 23, 2014

I brought it off ebay (i know it might seem a bit dodgy) i did buy the more expensive versions however and this worked amazing. I brought 50% and it did dry my skin at first ( peeling , redness and slight scabbing) however over time i noticed my pitted scars filling in. I would say they are about 70% better! they are only seen when light is angled on my face. If you don't mind down time (a few days - week) go for stronger solutions to see more results for scars. For acne however i think doing regular lower percent peels would be more effective . This was a long term process so don't expect over night results but it really has helped!

Pigmentation Peel "Pumpkin Peel" Dermaquest
Reviewed on October 10, 2013

The Dermaquest pumpkin peel is glycolic, salicylic and lactic acid based. I suffer from moderate to severe acne so booked a peel to see if it would help. I had my first peel last Thursday and immediately after it my skin felt much smoother and tighter. The following Monday my acne had completely flattened out and disappeared. I am now left with redness which is nothing compared to the acne I had! Plus I can cover redness up with makeup. I have my second peel booked for tonight (one week after my first). It is recommended to have six peels one week after the other to get the best results. I am already seeing the results after just one so I can't wait to see how my skin will look at the end of it all. I am so excited about this product as I have tried medications, cleansers, scrubs, changing my diet and nothing has helped. It is amazing! Be patient with it though it is a six week process so don't expect overnight results.

Oh. My. Goodness.
Reviewed on August 11, 2013

Two words: Never. Again. I don't know if it's because I have super sensitive skin or what, but this treatment did not go over well with me. It burned like heck when my esthetician put it on my face, and while she assured me that's normal I did not feel it should hurt that badly. I left her office with a red and irritated face. The next day things weren't horrible, but they weren't normal either. My face hurt and was noticeably puffier than usual. Then the next day I woke up looking like a million bees had stung me on my face. My skin was red, peely, excessively dry, and if the tiniest breeze blew by it felt like i was being stabbed all over my face. And the worst part is that I was breaking out ON TOP of all of that yuckiness. Let the record show, that I tried everything to reduce the inflammation and nothing worked. And worse than that, is when my face returned to normal there was absolutely no improvement... Waste of time, money, and pain.

by oldcrampeddog on 05/22/2014 06:12
thats so normal, it happened to me all the time, and like after one week of peeling, my face turned to its normal state
by oldcrampeddog on 05/22/2014 06:34
Reviewed on March 6, 2013

You need to use several times over several months in order to see results.

Reviewed on December 17, 2012

I bought a glycolic acid peel 30%, from Perfect Image on Amazon. This peel worked from the get go. I noticed my skin was smoother after the first application.

After a few weeks I also noticed I was breaking out way less. Currently, I only have 1 active pimple, which is really not normal for me. I usually have at least 4-5 at a time. While the peel worked on breakouts and lightened some of my hyperpigmentation (I have very light skin, but dark marks), my skin adapted within a month and now my marks are not lightening like they did initially. My skin is still staying much clearer though. (even during that time of the month---weird!)

I also must say that I was using this product 2-3 times a week. I felt my skin could handle it, but this is most likely the reason why my skin adapted so quickly.

Reviewed on April 17, 2012

Overall a great product, I Used the 70% glycolic acid and would usually dilute it with a couple drops of water. Applied with a cotton ball kept on for 3 minutes at first and eventually upped to 7 minutes.

Reviewed on March 23, 2012

Sooooo I bought the 30% Glycolic Peel and ive been using it twice a week on my neck and chest for to months now and I havent seen that big of a change. Im 20 years old and ive been suffering from acne DARK MARKS for about 4 years and ive literally tried everything. I dont know if I should get a stronger version of this or get a skinbrightening cream. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

by oldcrampeddog on 05/22/2014 06:16
well the thing that I can only say is that we just have different kind of skins (like sensitive, dry whatsoever). If pimples are always popped over and over again and you don't give time to it to heal, it will really leave a permanent scar that's for sure