Coconut Oil reviews

Coconut Oil

coconut oil for your face
Reviewed on June 29, 2017

I Have not try this yet but i think this ingredient can clog pores and it will add acne redness. Try tomato or papaya fruit and scrub it to ur face. Its more reliable and safe

Patch test or something beforehand!
Reviewed on June 16, 2017

Used this and thought it felt kinda nice to put on. I noticed it felt warm to apply for some reason. I thought I'd check out my skin later on and noticed some red on my left cheek and ignored it. I looked again later and noticed black heads thst I didn't have before on my chin and on the side of my nose. Dark black ones..the nasty kind. The redness is definitely some irritation. It kept burning slightly and won't stop burning me now on my left cheek even though I washed I off!. I used this to help my acne, not cause an reaction and big nasty blackheads. Good for some people but boy it didn't like me!

by AllieD23 on 06/24/2017 19:47
Coconut oil is comodegenic. Clogs pores.
Broke me out massively!
Reviewed on April 21, 2017

After reading so much about the benefits of Coconut Oil i decided to give it a go on my skin... BIG MISTAKE! I broke out bad overnight, despite only using a small amount of oil on my skin. But I do have big pores, so maybe it could just be my skin that it doesn't suit. I do use it for my hair though and leave it in overnight which moisturises my hair massively, so the purchase was still worth it.

by AllieD23 on 06/24/2017 19:47
Coconut oil is comodegenic. Clogs pores.
Great benefits if you're willing to have clogged pores
Reviewed on April 7, 2017

This stuff is full of antifungal and antibacterial fatty acids that help kill acne bacteria. But because it's such a heavy oil, it clogs pores and makes your skin oily very quickly, which will eventually lead to more acne and lots of blackheads. It's okay as a short term and occasional treatment, but I highly recommend not using this every day. I've seen people putting this all over their face, that's a big NO! This is OIL, oil clogs pores and you can't avoid that. Add a little to your daily moisturizer or use it as a spot treatment, this isn't something to smear all over your face.

That being said, this stuff dissolves makeup. Literally. Any makeup you have on, using this as cleansing oil will get rid of it all. Just be sure to exfoliate and cleanse afterwards to remove the excess coconut oil from your face. If you want the benefits of this oil without the clogged pores, eat it! Taking a spoonful every morning has many skin benefits, as well as other benefits for your body.

Use with caution people!

please don't do this!!
Reviewed on April 6, 2017

Honestly, if I could, I would give this zero stars. Maybe it works for some people, but after trying the oil cleansing method with coconut oil over two years ago, my acne has exploded into a nightmare of cysts, blocked pores, oiliness, and red marks from the constant onslaught of pimples. After realising how comedogenic coconut oil is, I understand how it blocked my pores in the first place, but I cannot for the life of me understand why I have ongoing acne from using this. Perhaps it messed up the pH of my skin or something like that? All I know for sure is my skin was almost perfect before I tried coconut oil and now it's ruined and I would do anything to go back and tell myself to PUT THE DAMN COCONUT OIL DOWN and stick to my perfectly good skincare routine. This review probably sounds crazy but I just want to tell anyone considering coconut oil to do so at your own risk.

The BEST I've tried so far
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

I can't say enough good things about coconut oil. I've looked and looked for something that would help me and I can honestly say that I wish I would have tried it earlier. I only use a little bit at night and I wake up with glowing skin. I occasionally have a pimple here and there when my hormones are acting up but it's rare nowadays. The best thing about it is that it's cheap and effective. I brought a jar at Walmart and it lasts a very, very long time cause a little goes a long way.

Coconut oil saved my oily acne prone skin!
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

I've been using coconut oil on my hair for a little less than two years and I've read and seen people online claiming that coconut oil worked wonders on acne prone skin. All this time, I was always reluctant to use coconut oil on face -- it didn't feel right and I was afraid that it was going to clog my pores. About a week, I decided to give it a try and, let me tell you, IT IS the best decision I have ever made in whole life. I haven't had a pimple since coconut oil came into my life. The few pimples/bumps that I had are actually fading away. Also, my face has been getting brighter and healthy looking.

My current skincare routine (day/night):

Wash my face with Lush's Herbalism (it's expensive but I don't care because it works. I'd still buy it even if it was a 100 bucks)

Lush's toner water Melaleuca (optional)

Organic virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer (I use less than a dime size, a little goes a long way)

Once or twice a week, I use raw honey mixed with lemon as mask. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes, then I wash it off.

I used to do these steps before coconut oil but I was still breaking out. However, my face has drastically changed ever since I've incorporated coconut oil in my skincare regimen.

Moisturizing and Soothing
Reviewed on February 22, 2017

Coconut oil is amazing and has so many benefits for the skin. However, I do think it is best used in moderation for most people, especially if you are trying it for the first time. I think some of the people who have negative experiences with it tend to over-do it.

I use it to cleanse my skin 1-2 times a week in the shower using the oil-cleansing method. I really like it because it gently takes off all my make-up & my skin is left feeling super fresh and soft. I have sensitive, normal/dry skin with old acne scars. I also love that it's natural and super simple - just one ingredient.

My only complaint?? Having to move it back and forth from the bathroom and the kitchen all the time! Haha :)

It absolutely works for me - the results even I still can't believe
Reviewed on December 7, 2016

I have had acne for FOREVER and treated it with everything under the sun. I was one step away from asking to try Accutane. One evening I washed my face with a tea tree oil lathering cleanser and slathered a light layer of coconut oil on my face before bed. Can't tell you why other than I had heard that it had anti-bacterial qualities. It went against EVERYthing I know about oily skin and acne. The next morning my skin was not shiny or oily, but it looked better. I washed again with the tea tree oil lathering cleanse rand applied makeup (no coconut oil during the day). I proceeded with the same routine and have not stopped since. It's been over 6 months and my skin has NEVER looked better. It looks hydrated and clear. I clean and apply every night and clean in the morning. I don't apply makeup on the weekend anymore because, well, I don't need to! It may not work for everyone, but I cannot believe it worked. I do still get a big ole zit now and again (probably hormonal). It's low cost and natural. I don't own stock in coconut oil or anything - but it is AWESOME!

Brilliant
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

My skin changes with the seasons. In summer it's fine, not too dry and not too oily, in autumn/spring the texture is off and is oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks (that's where I used to have cysts), in winter my skin is oily af. Coconut oil tricks my skin into believing that it doesn't need to produce oil, thus my skin is moisturized but not oily.

It's great for oil clensing, but it only works for a few people, if it makes you breakout don't use it. I have also used coconut oil after sunburn and after dermarolling (because the pain is very similar) and it really sooths the skin and leaves it soft and smooth.