Coconut Oil reviews

love coconut
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

I love coconut oil too. I got a giant tub and It has done wonders for DS's excezma prone skin. Very moisturizig without any chemicals to irritate skin. It's great head to toe. The only drawback, I wouldn't recemend using it during the day. It does take some time to absorb, and can stain clothes. But it's great at night.

good
Reviewed on July 4, 2016

I has started using it instead of shaving cream as I kept getting a shaving rash - I m loving it. The best thing about coconut oil is that's it's all natural - no chemicals or preservatives. I will always use coconut oil!

It changed my life!!
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I've been having cystic acne breakouts for years and I've tried everything OTC and prescription, including Accutane, and nothing worked. The virgin coconut oil was the only thing that resolved my cystic acne. I only tried it because I saw it on Pintrest and I thought I had nothing to lose. So I went to Target and bought the organic virgin coconut oil, and the second I put it on my face I knew I made the right decision. My skin felt instantly better and I haven't had a cystic node since. I occasionally get one or two white heads but they're gone in 2 days and very easily manageable. I think I was just over drying my face which lead to my acne.

This is my routine: Wake up and wash my face with warm water. Then I tone with a 1:1 ration of water and apple cider vinegar and let it dry. Next, I oil up my face with coconut oil and I'm done. Super fast and easy, plus it feels great and I smell coconut all day.

by daisy192 on 07/14/2016 05:20
What brand did you get? And is it unrefined or refined? Thanks!
Clogs pores
Reviewed on June 5, 2016

I used coconut oil to moisturize + remove makeup and a few weeks later my skin was not only clogged but the texture was rough, my skin looked darker than my own complexion, and it looked dirty. I started breaking out even more and decided to add tea tree oil into the mix to help acne ... I was wrong it made it worst. After I stopped using oils to moisturize my skin (Months ago) my skins texture is back to normal, my complexion is even and my skin is glowing. Don't use coconut oil on your face if you have Combo-oily skin! I recommend Neutrogena oil free moisturizer I have been using it for 2 months and I see a huge difference.

Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil
Reviewed on June 2, 2016

My adult cystic acne has met its match!! Cheap and there's a noticeable difference with in a week

by Malia114 on 06/26/2016 17:40
How did you use the two in combination?
its good
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

I lightly apply a layer of it to my face and body immediately after the shower and sometimes at night before I go to sleep. My skin has never been softer and I don't break out at all. I have tried the oil pulling, teeth whitener thing and it worked as well.

COCONUT OIL SUCKS FOR ACNE
Reviewed on May 18, 2016

If you have oily/sweaty skin DON'T TRY COCONUT OIL!!!!! One of the worst things I have EVER done to my spots and I have had acne for about 6 years now. I used it for a week and my spots popped up out of control, they were the worst they've ever been. Having said all this, coconut oil is AMAZING on the rest of your body, I literally put it everywhere, I mix it with shea butter and tea tree oil and then I put it all over my body and in my hair, does wonders for your edges. Coconut oil is also really good for your genital area ladies. Back to acne: I suggest assessing how severe your acne is and if it's pretty bad then go see a dermatologist and ask them about Isotetrinoin/Accutane tablets which I am currently taking, they are really doing the job. I live in the UK so it was free as I'm under 18. I have no spots which is pretty amazing for me, I just need to get rid of my acne scars and I'm making them worse by picking them :( (nervous habit). Don't be like me, DON'T PICK YOUR SPOTS/SCABS. The BEST treatment for acne scars is using an exfoliating brush set and using pure aloe vera gel with a very basic moisturiser like Cetaphil. My skin is glowing and the transformation is just amazing really. P.S the main side effect of the tablets is dry lips and I mean reallyyyyy dry :( and also your doctor will have to monitor you closely and stuff because there are other possible side effects. You're also not allowed at any cost to get pregnant 4 months before or after or during the treatment because the baby could be harmed by the tablets but your doctor will explain it all (I didn't have to worry about this because I'm 16 and I signed to say that I'm not sexually active but they still make me do a pregancy test each time). Here is a link to the exfoliating brushes I use and a 70% discount code too so it should be like $47 :) [link removed] DISCOUNT CODE: JAYSPA

by adaeze on 05/19/2016 00:05
acne.org have removed the link :( :( but if you want the brushes you can @ me on twitter or instagram @adaezeldn for the link or just go to Vanity Planet online and search for the Ultimate Skin Spa System facial brushes :)
good but not great
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

I use it to remove make up and it works great. I do not recommend leaving this on your skin as It is a very heavy oil and will clog your pores without a doubt.It will make your skin break out but Hair is a different story. This is lovely as a hair mask. It is great for dry scalps.

its not for clog prone skin
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

I'm a highly clog prone person, i put it on my face for 1 week, and i noticed a new cyst was forming in the crease in my face, and my pores were clogged.

Does a coconut oil review even need words?
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

I use Organic virgin coconut oil for EVERYTHING.

Skin and hair moisturiser.

Part of my homemade hair conditioner.

Cooking and baking.

I supplement with 1 teaspoon daily as it is has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.