Coconut Oil reviews

The BEST I've tried so far
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

I can't say enough good things about coconut oil. I've looked and looked for something that would help me and I can honestly say that I wish I would have tried it earlier. I only use a little bit at night and I wake up with glowing skin. I occasionally have a pimple here and there when my hormones are acting up but it's rare nowadays. The best thing about it is that it's cheap and effective. I brought a jar at Walmart and it lasts a very, very long time cause a little goes a long way.

Coconut oil saved my oily acne prone skin!
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

I've been using coconut oil on my hair for a little less than two years and I've read and seen people online claiming that coconut oil worked wonders on acne prone skin. All this time, I was always reluctant to use coconut oil on face -- it didn't feel right and I was afraid that it was going to clog my pores. About a week, I decided to give it a try and, let me tell you, IT IS the best decision I have ever made in whole life. I haven't had a pimple since coconut oil came into my life. The few pimples/bumps that I had are actually fading away. Also, my face has been getting brighter and healthy looking.

My current skincare routine (day/night):

Wash my face with Lush's Herbalism (it's expensive but I don't care because it works. I'd still buy it even if it was a 100 bucks)

Lush's toner water Melaleuca (optional)

Organic virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer (I use less than a dime size, a little goes a long way)

Once or twice a week, I use raw honey mixed with lemon as mask. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes, then I wash it off.

I used to do these steps before coconut oil but I was still breaking out. However, my face has drastically changed ever since I've incorporated coconut oil in my skincare regimen.

Moisturizing and Soothing
Reviewed on February 22, 2017

Coconut oil is amazing and has so many benefits for the skin. However, I do think it is best used in moderation for most people, especially if you are trying it for the first time. I think some of the people who have negative experiences with it tend to over-do it.

I use it to cleanse my skin 1-2 times a week in the shower using the oil-cleansing method. I really like it because it gently takes off all my make-up & my skin is left feeling super fresh and soft. I have sensitive, normal/dry skin with old acne scars. I also love that it's natural and super simple - just one ingredient.

My only complaint?? Having to move it back and forth from the bathroom and the kitchen all the time! Haha :)

It absolutely works for me - the results even I still can't believe
Reviewed on December 7, 2016

I have had acne for FOREVER and treated it with everything under the sun. I was one step away from asking to try Accutane. One evening I washed my face with a tea tree oil lathering cleanser and slathered a light layer of coconut oil on my face before bed. Can't tell you why other than I had heard that it had anti-bacterial qualities. It went against EVERYthing I know about oily skin and acne. The next morning my skin was not shiny or oily, but it looked better. I washed again with the tea tree oil lathering cleanse rand applied makeup (no coconut oil during the day). I proceeded with the same routine and have not stopped since. It's been over 6 months and my skin has NEVER looked better. It looks hydrated and clear. I clean and apply every night and clean in the morning. I don't apply makeup on the weekend anymore because, well, I don't need to! It may not work for everyone, but I cannot believe it worked. I do still get a big ole zit now and again (probably hormonal). It's low cost and natural. I don't own stock in coconut oil or anything - but it is AWESOME!

Brilliant
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

My skin changes with the seasons. In summer it's fine, not too dry and not too oily, in autumn/spring the texture is off and is oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks (that's where I used to have cysts), in winter my skin is oily af. Coconut oil tricks my skin into believing that it doesn't need to produce oil, thus my skin is moisturized but not oily.

It's great for oil clensing, but it only works for a few people, if it makes you breakout don't use it. I have also used coconut oil after sunburn and after dermarolling (because the pain is very similar) and it really sooths the skin and leaves it soft and smooth.

love coconut
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

I love coconut oil too. I got a giant tub and It has done wonders for DS's excezma prone skin. Very moisturizig without any chemicals to irritate skin. It's great head to toe. The only drawback, I wouldn't recemend using it during the day. It does take some time to absorb, and can stain clothes. But it's great at night.

good
Reviewed on July 4, 2016

I has started using it instead of shaving cream as I kept getting a shaving rash - I m loving it. The best thing about coconut oil is that's it's all natural - no chemicals or preservatives. I will always use coconut oil!

It changed my life!!
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I've been having cystic acne breakouts for years and I've tried everything OTC and prescription, including Accutane, and nothing worked. The virgin coconut oil was the only thing that resolved my cystic acne. I only tried it because I saw it on Pintrest and I thought I had nothing to lose. So I went to Target and bought the organic virgin coconut oil, and the second I put it on my face I knew I made the right decision. My skin felt instantly better and I haven't had a cystic node since. I occasionally get one or two white heads but they're gone in 2 days and very easily manageable. I think I was just over drying my face which lead to my acne.

This is my routine: Wake up and wash my face with warm water. Then I tone with a 1:1 ration of water and apple cider vinegar and let it dry. Next, I oil up my face with coconut oil and I'm done. Super fast and easy, plus it feels great and I smell coconut all day.

by daisy192 on 07/14/2016 05:20
What brand did you get? And is it unrefined or refined? Thanks!
Clogs pores
Reviewed on June 5, 2016

I used coconut oil to moisturize + remove makeup and a few weeks later my skin was not only clogged but the texture was rough, my skin looked darker than my own complexion, and it looked dirty. I started breaking out even more and decided to add tea tree oil into the mix to help acne ... I was wrong it made it worst. After I stopped using oils to moisturize my skin (Months ago) my skins texture is back to normal, my complexion is even and my skin is glowing. Don't use coconut oil on your face if you have Combo-oily skin! I recommend Neutrogena oil free moisturizer I have been using it for 2 months and I see a huge difference.

Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil
Reviewed on June 2, 2016

My adult cystic acne has met its match!! Cheap and there's a noticeable difference with in a week

by Malia114 on 06/26/2016 17:40
How did you use the two in combination?