Vitex Vitex Reviews

Brand: Vitex

Vitex Vitex

cant believe doctors dont prescribe this

I have tried everything the doctor has to offer, and was giving up hope when I stumbled across Vitex supplement. Being a natural supplement I didnt think it would help my skin that much, but I really wanted to balance my hormones as they have been out of whack since I had a terrible experience with the IUD coil (now removed). I started off by taking one tablet a day (400mg) within two weeks my skin seemed so much better but I put this down to a fluke, not the supplement. I then had a 5 day break from taking the supplement due to travelling, and all hell broke loose with my skin. I started to wonder if the supplement could have possibly had such an effect on my skin, so I started to follow the recommendation on the bottle of taking 2 tablets a day. I'm now almost two months into taking it and for the first time in two years my skin is completely clear. I am shocked, I keep waiting for a huge breakout and it doesn't come. I cant believe that doctors are happy to prescribe such harmful acne 'solutions' such as antibiotics, accutane, hormonal birth control, yet they don't recommend this natural supplement. Had I known about this supplement sooner it would have saved me two years of acne hell, and a whole load of scars to deal with now. Additionally, Ive seen people saying that it causes negative effects on mental health. I'm one of these people that gets really emotionally affected by hormones, to the point where I cant even take any birth control. But ive experienced no negative effects from this supplement, I was really surprised to see that other people did. One person said that they have low progesterone and it effected their mood, whereas I think I have high progesterone so maybe thats why I havent had any bad side effects.

Comments

best remedy for completely clear skin

ve been taking Vitex for three months and only in the last week or two has my skin just completely cleared up like 100%, im talking no congestion no black heads no white heads no inflammation and im the second day into my period too! My homeopath gave this to me without telling me there were gonna be any side effects or anything and i only found out that there were side effects from reading reviews a few days ago. Before i started my acne was pretty mild because i controlled what i could with my diet and mostly i had lots of congestion and a breakout every so often, i felt like i could stay clear only for like 3 days tops, and once i started there wasnt any initial breakout just more congestion than normal. other people have claimed that it messed with their mental health which is one thing i can agree on, i suffered from some serious serious depression for a few weeks, but now im completely fine. because i wasnt expecting any side effects, anything that was happening to me wasnt severe enough to the point of me thinking that it was because of the vitex, and if i were to go back in time knowing that i was gonna go through any kind of side effects that i did go through, i would still have taken it regardless because its so so worth it. i dont know exactly what dose i take because its in a liquid form, i take 30 drops a day, 15 in the morning and 15 at night. also if i do get a pimple that comes to the surface and pops it literally scabs up and falls off by the next day so i feel like my skin is healing way more faster than before. because it does adjust your menstrual cycle, my periods came earlier than before but now im on month three and they are bang on 28-30 days apart. in short; if you want to get clear skin naturally without using harsh medicines and if you think your acne is hormonal then i strongly advise to talk to a homeopathic doctor and give it a shot because its really worth it, my skin is 100% clear.

***BEST REMEDY EVER - BUT TAKES 2-3 MONTHS TO WORK***

***YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTHS BEFORE YOU SEE RESULTS, BUT I PROMISE IT IS SO WORTH IT!*** I turned 27 years old and all of a sudden I started to develop cystic acne all over my chin, under my chin and jawline. I have always been very active, do intense workouts 5-6 days a week (P90X, Instanity and CrossFit), eat healthy, and get at least 8 hours of sleep. Nothing changed about my routine, yet all of a sudden these cysts kept popping up on my face. I tried every acne product out there, I tried every topical natural remedy and completely took sugar out of my diet entirely. NOTHING WORKED! So I went back to my dermatologist and she recommended oral birth control (I already had the IUD in). So I thought I would give oral birth control a try and for the first 3 days of taking the birth control my chest was so tight I could barely breath, which made me research the side effects which were 'stroke and pulmonary embolism's' so I stopped taking them RIGHT AWAY. That was when I researched and found A TON of positive reviews about Vitex berries specifically for cystic acne. So I went down to my local Vitamin Shop and started taking them. I noticed I broke out more in the first 2 months of taking them (which I read that would probably happen), but close to the end of the third month my skin was COMPLETELY clear and I've continued to take them every day and have ZERO cystic acne now. Honestly, BEST REMEDY EVERY! But you have to be patient and just embrace the suck for the first 2-3 months, it will be worth it!

BEWARE: PLEASE, PLEASE READ

I eat a very healthy plant based diet, drink over a gallon of water per day, exercise regularly, sleep 8+ hours per night, and do yoga and meditation to manage my stress. Despite all of this, my cystic acne has only gotten worse and I figured that I must have a hormonal imbalance. I wanted to avoid harsh medications like accutane, retin-A, birth control, antibiotics, and spironolactone so I decided to take the natural route. I stumbled upon vitex and only found positive reviews, so I decided to give it a try. Probably one of the worst mistakes I've ever made. I ended up in the ER because of heart palpitations and acute anxiety. I could not sleep because my heart was pounding and I would wake up in the middle of the night and look in the mirror and not be able to recognize myself. Sometimes when I closed my eyes, I experienced some form of psychosis and saw terrifying images and hallucinations. I couldn't concentrate at all and I became unable to read, hold conversations, or perform simple addition. I put on weight because I was ravenously hungry and no amount of food could satisfy my cravings. The worst part is that my skin broke out in a severe, itchy, acne-like rash and it had never looked more terrible or swollen. I took it for approximately 1 week and stopped it cold turkey after taking a higher dose (two 400 mg pills, 12 hours apart) and suffering severe diarrhea the following day. It has been nearly 3 weeks since I last took it. Fortunately, my period is still regular, but the anxiety and the derealization/depersonalization remain. I'm getting better day by day but this has been not been an easy journey. I was lucky to get out quickly and to be young (I'm 19 years old) and fairly healthy, but I have read stories of women who stuck with the pill for months and even years despite the side effects and permanently damaged their bodies. Please, please reconsider taking vitex until you have gone to a doctor, gotten your hormones tested, and been told that your progesterone is low. I don't want to discount that vitex has been a miracle worker for so many women. However, it is NOT for everyone. I feel that after the pain I have endured, it's my duty to share my experience so no else has to suffer like I have. If you do wish to start vitex, start with VERY small dosages. A lot of my anger stems from the fact that the Whole Foods brand has pills with 400 mg of the herb and the instructions recommend that you take 1 to 2 capsules per day. IMPORTANT: THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGE IS ANYWHERE BETWEEN 50 MG AND 250 MG (MAX!!!!) DAILY. I took 800 mg only ONE day and I have not been the same since. So start with small doses or avoid the herb all together. Trust me, clear skin is not worth your health or your sanity. Update: It has now been nearly 4 months and I am still not even close to 100%. My acne is the worst it's ever been, my period comes later and later each month, and my anxiety is through the roof. DO NOT TAKE ANY SUPPLEMENT WITHOUT CONSULTING A DOCTOR OR A LICENSED HERBALIST. I'm devastated and I would never wish this pain upon anyone.

Sorry to hear about that..........vitex does have some side effects but you need to lower you dose.....I started taking vitex 1st Nov 2017 the first day I took 400mg 3 times a day and notice I was always hungry....night sweat, heart palpitations and diarrhea after about 1 week I decided to lower my dose now I am only taken 400mg 2 times per day .....but beside the negative the first day I stated feeling good about myself I was always depressed.....no depressing now ...have a lot of energy ...no headache and I am ovulating the way I should.....today 3rd December 2017 I notice my hands peeling so I am now going to keep looking and if so be it lower my dose to just 1 per day but I really love vitex never felt so good and healthy about myself my cravings are not there like before when I just stated ..I guess it not for everyone what might work for me might now work for someone else.
A lot of people take 800mg daily for months, including myself, with no side effects. Your reaction seems very extreme and unusual. It seems like maybe you have a severe hormonal imbalance going on, and the Vitex supplement made it worse. I'm sorry that happened to you, and I hope you were able to recover. However I also hope people looking to try this supplement dont get put off because for the vast majority of people it has an amazing effect on acne without any side effects, unlike other acne treatments.

It solved my hormonal acne and bad PMS!

I will sing vitex's praises forever! I HAD severe hormonal cystic acne on my cheeks - cutting dairy helped but not 100%. I also have severe PMS or PMDD, so I was desperate for help. At the end of August 2016, I tried my first vitex pill and within 12 hours my face started clearing! It was like the undo-button for my face. Praise God. I take 2-3 400mg pills a day. My face has only improved and my PMS is slowly getting better. A few weeks ago I upped my vitamin A which is clearing out any old stubborn zits. For the first time in my life I have clear skin with NO BREAKOUTS. I can feel my cheeks and the subsurface is even and painless, instead of swollen and lumpy. It's a skin-saving, miracle-working herb. I wish I had tried it sooner!

So wonderful!

I actually joined this website in order to rave about my results with Vitex over about three months.. Cystic (scarring!) acne came out of nowhere when I turned 22 and I tried everything. Since taking Vitex, in combination with my acne therapy light, my breakouts are finally under control. I couldn't be happier. Wish I could add pictures to show you the improvement; but take my word. When nothing else is working, it may be your hormones being wacky and producing too much testosterone like me.

Thanks for sharing Which brand do you buy Extract or root How much you take

Finally-- a cure!

After 25 years of trying every single OTC & RX acne cure on the market (with only temporary or no results, I finally stumbled upon a website that recommended the DIM + Vitex treament. I couldn't believe that within 1 week, my skin was no longer bumpy and breaking out. I had just quit Spiro (which hadn't even worked after 8 months) cold-turkey and expected there to be at least a little flare-up, but my hormonal acne all over my skin was almost gone. After a few months now, I can say that perhaps 1 small pimple happened at PMS time, and then nothing more. One caveat: if you are taking the recommended dosage on the bottles and get headaches, add in Milk Thistle. I should have started out more slowly anyway and might have not gotten the headaches. I took 1 DIM + Vitex in the am & pm. Now up to 2 pills twice daily.

Do you combine both DIM and Vitex Which brand How much dose

Exceeded my expectations

Try it! It not only cleared my acne almost instantly, it has remained clear despite quitting Spironolactone cold turkey. It also had the added bonus of bringing back my period which I haven't had for an entire year. Balanced hormones seems to really agree with me and it might with you too. Oh, and it has a lot of positive reviews in terms of conception. I'll be updating if I'm also able to become pregnant with continued use (we've been trying for 16 months and on various fertility meds so it would be a miracle!). Give a try, I'm glad I did.

How long after taking vitex did your period come? Did you conceive?

Perfect for hormonal acne

While Accutane got rid of the worst of my acne (I started taking it when I was 14,) I still had it worse than the average teenager. As I got older (17) I stopped getting acne on my forehead, cheeks, and chin, and instead it spread to the sides of my face, and along my jawline, and under my chin. This was my transition from teenage acne to adult acne. While I do use a prescription topical cream which entirely eliminated the acne along the sides of my face, it did not get rid of the acne along my jawline and under it. I started taking Vitex in hopes of it helping with the acne there, and after about a month I started noticing a small difference. After approximately two months my acne along my jawline and underneath it was pretty much gone. Of course I still get some zits (mostly along my jawline and under it) but my face hasn't been this clear since I was 12-13. I think the more I use Vitex, the better the results will be. Vitex also helps a lot with period acne and PMS.

what brand of vitex that u take?

Relatively cheap, not difficult to access if you have health food stores available. One of the few "herbal" remedies that have a proven track record for treating acne (at least in phytotherapy journals in Europe). Personally gave me worse acne, bloating, breakthrough bleeding, as if I were on birth control pills. If you are one of those women who have bad side effects from all birth control pills, you probably won't benefit much from this. I wouldn't try this treatment if I were male. I wrote "yes" for recommendation simply because I'm sure it would work for some women out there-- but don't expect miracles. Stop it if you get funky periods and bloating.

Guest lavvy
Guest lavvy

great none acne reduced in 1 month

Comments

None Migraine headaches Mood swings Irregular cycle Skin rash Raging acne This works well for a lot of people, but not for me. After about two weeks, I started getting terrible migraine headaches, rashes, and acne on my chin/jawline. After about two weeks more, I stopped taking it because none of the side effects had dissipated. More than a month later, the side effects have still not dissipated and the acne is actually considerably worse. It's left large swaths of my skin red, pimply, and flakey.

Guest Texas gal
Guest Texas gal

-reduces severity of breakouts a LOT -non-toxic and all natural -balances hormones -cheap -Be careful you can't take this if you are pregnant. So glad we can finally review vitex! I've been using it for the last 6 months and it has worked well for me. At first I was very skeptical. I'm NOT someone who pops all kinds of vitamins but a friend of mine suggested this since it worked for her. According to my doctors I could either go on BC or accutane--options I desperately did not want to try so I gave Vitex a go. I've been taking one pill a day regularly (except for July, was travelling a lot). In short, I like it, it works and I recommend it as worth trying. I'm going to go into detail about it below just for the benefit of whoever wants more info: My kind of acne: My hormones have been tested and found to be only slightly out of whack according to my doc. He was ready with a birth control rx but I was not! My acne was severe a year ago and with the help of medical topicals and cleansers I was able to get it in check (not cleared). Even after my acne was in check I still had a bad breakout before my period every month (papules, pustules, inflamation, redness, etc). It would take forever to 'recover' from the breakout. Then right when my skin recovered from that breakout the process started all over again. Sound familiar? Vitex is not the kind of thing that works really fast. I'd say into the 2nd month I noticed a change. The change was that my monthly breakout was not so severe. Instead of several pimples I might get one or two of the non-inflamed variety. These healed and went away instead of staying and inviting friends. Since then I've had months when I didn't break out at all. Like I said, my acne was not severe when I started using vitex but if yours is I would use vitex in conjunction with whatever topical your doctor might suggest. It is not a magic pill so don't expect miracles but it does what I need it to do which is help reduce or eliminate my hormonal breakouts.Have patience with it. For my part I am thankful to have found an alternative to BC or accutane. Brand: N

Comments

Clears hormonal acne Lessens menstrual cramping Needs to be taken every single day. If you have HORMONAL acne, this is an excellent supplement. I take 2 pills everyday, and have for almost 2 months now. It takes 3 weeks to see some noticable results, but it IS worth it. If I go a couple days without taking it, I start to get pimples again so it's important to make you're taking it every day consistently. BONUS: If you have a problem with ovarian cysts, it calms those symptoms and helps prevent future cysts as well.

Comments

Works Fast Easy To Take Great For Hormonal Acne None When I am stressed or menstruating, I break out badly. I have been thinking about getting this for over a month, but was too lazy to buy it. Finally I went to the store and got it. Maybe 5-6 days after taking it, my mom asks me "what am I doing with my skin"? "You face is clearing up". I have been taking them three times a day for two weeks and my face is CLEAR. I only had one small pimple compared to the huge pimples and whiteheads I had two weeks ago.

Comments

Cleared up my skin, no longer need to take birth control to control my acne. [link removed]

Guest Bri
Guest Bri

Cleares hormonal acne I usually breakout badly around my time of the month. I've been taking this for a couple of weeks and I haven't had any breakouts since.

Guest ish
Guest ish

Menstrual Cramps stopped Hair was no longer oily Better mood? Spotting between periods No change in acne Hurt my Stomach so had to stop I tried this for about two months but had to stop because it gave me major stomach acid/gastritis. Apparently it works if you used for 3-6 months but I only used it for about 3 months and didn't see a diff. I know I need an antiandrogen which this is supposed to be but maybe it just works for some?

Guest Shelly
Guest Shelly

clears hormonal acne helps with PMS takes some time to start working, for me about 1-2 months After the birth of my daughter I started experiencing lots of cysts on my face, neck, and back. I started taking doxycycline, which helped to reduced the size of the cysts, but it did not eliminate them. I purchased some Vitex at my local health-food store. After about a month or so I started having fewer cysts on my face and body. My acne has definitely cleared up. I still get a couple of cysts before my period, but nothing like before. There are 2 types of Vitex (also called Chaste Berry). You can buy root or extract. Extract is more potent, so you end up taking fewer pills. The more expensive price tag actually ends up being the same or less expensive than buying Vitex root capsules. I am currently taking Solaray brand, 1 225mg pill per day, but after this bottle I will increase it to 2 225mg pills per day.

Popular Vitamins/Supplements