Vitamin B5 Reviews

Vitamin B5

It works but only by megadosing

My skin cleared up when i megadosed on this vitamin. I had to stop a few months before I planned on becoming pregnant as I needed it out of my system. Although it worked while I was taking it, I wouldn't go back on it, as I can now see that megadosing is unhealthy. I tried taking it again in the last few months, at a lower dose, and it had no affect on my acne.

AWESOME FOR OILY SKIN !

Ive just registered here to tell you that vitamin b5 is a miracle and must have if you have oily and acne prone skin !! Ive had very very very oily skin after my acne treatment full of antibiotics creams, ive had enormous big pores, im taking 2g-4g of vitamin b5 daily and my skin hasnt been soo great looking for years !! If you have big pores and acne - oily face is causing it and vitamin b5 can control and reduce it !!!! Thats why aroccutane is working, not because its something special, its just drying your skin, and here you have vit b5 with the same results and without side effects. I hope it have long time effect. Im taking it second month and it is a big improvement so give it a try !!! One negative is that you need to take high dosage so prepare your wallets :) You can find some b5 on ebay for 11-12euro. E: No hair loss for me

Comments

works very good and is cheap

I have been taking b-5 for the last 8 months and it works very good. I take 4- 500mg pills a day and it has made my skin less oily than it has ever been and I am not getting cystic acne anymore. You can get a bottle of 250 pills for $13 on Amazon and it is well worth it. I have not had any negative side effects from it either.

It works

B5 helped clear my acne when I was younger, then I stopped taking it, but slowly the acne came back. Started it again and it cleared my cystic acne for 8 months until I by accident took flax seed which caused me to break out again. I do get concerned that it'll cause depletion of other B vitamins, especially Biotin. I've had my blood checked a few times and at least B12 and folate are within the normal range.

Works for me

As advised by Winged Serpent in his post, "how I cleared my acne after 26 years", I take 500mg sustained release. I take 1 morning and night- with meal. Also at the same time I take 500 mg L- Carnatine. Also drink lots of water, and juice (fresh- like sweet potato, cucumber, celery...) every morning. However, the juicing and water alone didn't work. It wasn't till I started the Pantothenic Acid -timed release -and the L-Carnatine that my acne cleared. After 25+ years!!

Comments

MUST try! When nothing else worked, I discovered this!

Do try it: after doing antibiotics for some time (killed my stomach and didn't help), duac, tezorac, etc you name it, I accidentally came across this vitamin and my skin is finally getting back to normal!!! I'm in my 30 and always had problems with acne but two years ago, something out normal happened: the breakouts were all over my face, very painful and never ending. I tried both dermatologists and natural remedies - all in vain. My goal at that point was just to contain them, knowing perfectly well that my face will never look the same. But 6 months ago, I first tried the regimen: cleaanser and benzoyl peroxide are great but moisturizer stings like hell and doesn't help with dryness. My skin was getting better or rather under control BUT it is only when I started taking 4x500mg of Pantothenic Acid (B5) I stopped having new break outs!!! Right now, I use [link removed] cleanser, peroxide, Glycolic acid moisturizer (works great) + 2-4 capsules of 500mg of Panthothenic Acid. I still have occasional break outs BUT considering how bad it was, I consider this a miracle. All of my friends tactfully notice that my skin has gotten so much better, although I still have all the scars! I'm working on it now but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel! DO TRY this vitamin. I've read the reviews and was concerned about the hair loss. I was willing to take my chances and I'm GLAD I did. No side affects! I try to minimize the dosage now when I'm doing better but still afraid to stop taking it altogether (I'm that paranoid of acne coming back!) Hope it'll help you as well!

B5 Pantothenic Acid

While I have not tried this exact brand per say, I am familiar with the main ingredient B5 Pantothenic Acid. The idea behind taking B5 is to reduce sebum production that your body produces. In theory less oil will help acne because the pores will not fill up and become inflamed with trapped debris. The B5 does its job at reducing sebum production however you need to take a significant dosage to see any appreciable results. Look into the powdered B5 which you can buy in bulk and then mix it so you can apply it on your face. It will save you having to swallow all the pills and it will be cheaper. The B5 pills are not cheap and you need to keep taking them or else your face will produce oil at the same rate before you started taking the B5 supplement. Its an alternative method that may work for others so there's no harm in trying it out for yourself

Comments

Doesn't last - Taken on and off for a few years

I've taken this while it worked, then stopped when it no longer dried up my oily skin. Then again re-started and it worked for a time. Unfortunately it just doesn't last. yes while it works it is great, oily skin to zero and great skin. But the funny thing is right now as i've cycled it for a few years it no-longer works at all. Even Pantethine won't kickstart the oily skin reversal anymore. I no longer want to touch the stuff, the effect of it not lasting is a right teeze. So screw it, back to the drawing board to figure out what exactly is happening that makes this stuff work even for short spells. I figured out that while im skinnier it lasts longer, while chubby it takes longer to work and for less time - so cholesterol lvl is a factor. Any of u guys have the same effect as me and are researching solutions plz message me.

Odorless garlic tabs are effective against skin bacteria and acne. The additional option is taking milk thistle to clean your liver to help skin. Esther C 500mg + and Lysine 500 mg+ increase collagine and keep skin wrinkle free.
This is about b5, not garlic
This is about b5, not garlic
Be careful with what you eat. The vitaminb5 become less efective the more trashy food i eat. Also take multiple small doses trooughout the day rather than 1 or 2 massive doses a day.

best treatment I ever tried

I have never made a review about any acne product. I never even heard about B5 until a month ago so I decided to try it and It was the best treatment I ever tried by far. I had just tried retin-a and it was awful. I always only had mild acne but after trying retin-a I had the worst acne I ever had in my life. After 8 weeks of retin-a I gave up. It just never got any better and seemed to get even worse every week. I then switched to Pantothenic acid and it was the best thing I ever did. After 1 month, my skin is clearer than it's ever been. I'm amazed. After 20 years of trying every topical treatment you can think of, B5 is the first oral treatment I tried and so far it's the only thing that ever worked. I had a bump on the side of my face that had been there for years. It was just a bump, it was never red or all that noticeable but if I squeezed it some sebum would come out. It was pretty benign so I ignored it. After 2 weeks on B5, i squeezed it and a ton of sebum came out and it's now 2 weeks later and it's completely gone for the first time in probably 5 years. I take 7-8 grams of B5 a day and also take 50 mg of zinc. That's all I have done the last month and my skin is clearer than it's ever been. The B5 regimen should be the first thing you try. And I know some people worry about hair loss but I'm a guy and I have had no hair loss at all. In fact, there has been no side effects at all, even on the days when I tried 10-12 grams

Comments

Works Pretty Good for me.

I took B5 about 5 days ago at about 1g - 2g's a day with L-cysteine and Vitamin C like I read in another post and It has helped me Significantly! I have had little to no Oil on my Skin and my breakouts are not even that big of a breakout. Totally recommend it, But many have reported side effects so I would recommend starting at a Low Does with some Anti Oxidants.

Comments

Vitamin B5 does work for acne.

I started supplementing/taking Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) on the 17/03/2015 last month in March, and I can really see the visible difference in my skin so far - It looks calmer, smoother and more manageable. I am using the 500MG Time Release version from Holland and Barrett (Vitamin Health Shop in the UK). I have currently been taking this supplement for 36 days, and I can tell you that it does work, but you've got to take it for a while to see the full benefits of taking this vitamin for your acne. I'm going to stick with taking this vitamin for a few months, and I will update my progress with taking it on this forum. I'm proud to say that Vitamin B5 has worked for me.

0o0

It doesn't work after I started vegetarian diet.

I have been using this for more than a year, but it doesn't work anymore after I started after I started vegetarian diet. Do you have any idea why??

Maybe the carbs? Ive been on this treatment for 4 years and its becoming less effective,I am not sure why.Maybe because i eating way more? maybe because i am eating trashy food?
you should look up a citric acid sensitivity. vitamin b5 helps a citric acid sensitivity. however, since you're now a vegetarian, i imagine you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables with lots of citric acid. citric acid may be the one causing your acne. i have the same condition.
cycled it many times, now doesn't work at all. switched to pantethne and still no effect, unsure what changed

Avoid if you want to keep your hair

I never post anything but after reading these reviews I Took b5 and l carnitine, about 1-2 g of b5 and 500 mg of l carn for a little over a month. I read about the hair loss but thought, "oh it won't happen to me." Stopped when chunks of my already thin hair was falling out in the shower. 2 months later and no change. Do not take this, it is absolutely not worth it, any search on the Internet of ppl experiencing this will show you and guess what it may not stop and there is no cure. So yes while my skin cleared up a little and is less oily, this is no substitute for my hair. Please do not do this.

It worked for me

I'm a 27 year old female and had severe adult acne for almost five years and tried every topical treatment imaginable. When I heard about B5 I wanted to try it but since I was pregnant I waited. Once my baby was born, two years ago, my doctor gave me the go-ahead. I started at a low dosage of 1,000mg/day in case it messed up my breastmilk at all, and then doubled it after a couple weeks. Within that time I had noticed I wasn't having any more bad breakouts. After about two months of low-dose use, my skin had cleared completely. And it wasn't just my face, it was my back and chest as well. It also didn't affect my baby at all. The other thing I noticed was that my skin was no longer severely oily as it had been since adolescence. I can go days without even washing my face and my skin still looks smooth and clear and it feels comfortably moist but not oily. I can use makeup again. I continued using B5, between 2 and 5 grams a day, for about five months, and then tapered off. Now I keep it around, but don't take it daily. Any time I feel like I'm getting a breakout, I take a few high doses and it clears within days. I highly, highly, highly recommend this treatment. Some people experience negative side effects, but I was not one of them. You have to know your own body and adjust your dosage and other supplements, but I'm convinced B5 is a safe, legitimate course for acne.

Won't work without L-Cysteine & Vitamin C

Everytime I start taking B5 again, my acne worsens at first, that is until I add the the supplement L-Cysteine. Then it magically improves by 90%! L-Cysteine is an essential sulfur-containing amino acid which Vitamin B5 actually depletes. This is counterproductive towards fixing acne because Cysteine is the rate-limiting nutrient needed to produce Glutathione. Look up "low glutathione and acne" and start reading. Glutathione one of the body's master antioxidants and necessary for proper skin health. If anyone does not succeed at first, please try adding this supplement, they need to be taken together. It is important that L-cysteine is taken on an empty stomach because it competes for absorption with other amino acids (protein in foods). I take 750mg of B5 2x daily with at the minimum 3 grams of L-Cysteine. Also I recommend taking Vitamin C at the same time at L-cysteine, this also boosts glutathione and supports the Acetylation cycle, its great for your skin!

I've purchased some B5 and L-Cysteine but I'm hesitant of starting to take it because of potential high-dose side effects, such as severe hair loss. I can't find anything to support this, but many Amazon reviews suggest NAC is better absorbed into the body than it's pure version, L-Cysteine is. I'm just wondering if I purchased the wrong product to help replenish the amino acids for hair, like L-Cysteine should, or NAC does better? And should I be taking that more than the B5 to prevent hair loss?

Works well but be weary of side effects

I used B5 for 2.5 years solid. I am still using it although I have lowered my dosage. Anything less than 5g/day doesn't do much for me. It works best when split into 4 doses. If you supplement with l-carnitine at the same time it boosts the effects. If you decide to try this make sure you are taking a Vitamin-B complex daily to prevent depletion of other vitamins. Some potential side effects are excessive thirst, hair loss, and increased appetite.

Comments

It works but don't overdoze too much!

Hi! I tried Vitamin B5 for over a year and I saw some improvement. It kind of calmed my skin all over and took the edge of my acne and rosacea. However I still had a lot of blackheads, and cysts and zits would still pop up here and there. You need to take a lot of it to really see a difference, but taking 10-20 grams of Vitamin B5 a day is very bad for you in the long run (it can damage your body and give you chronic headache). I would stay around 5 grams of vitamin B5 and ad a few other things. I found a really great regime on this website: [link removed] My skin has never looked better!

worked awesome

B5 gave me really clear skin for a few months. I couldn't believe it. But the results started to fade after awhile. I'm not sure if my body is just getting used to it or what. But still, I would recommend trying it out.

My acne cure

I've had acne for almost 18 years and feel like I've tried everything trying to cure it. I was on Dianette for years which did cure my acne but it had really bad side effects. I turned into a moody monster, crying all the time, so I quit it. I decided I could put up with the acne to have my old personality back! My acne was never cystic, it was always like teenage acne, but there was just so much of it. I had it on my face, on my chest and on my back. And sometimes on bad days, on my arms. It drove me nuts. I tried so many things. Benzoyl peroxide seemed to make the acne go deeper and bleached all my clothes. I tried zinc supplements, vitamin A, and ACV. Gold Bond powder worked really well on my bacne, but it was a bit of a pain to use it every day. I was pretty skeptical when I tried B5, but I figured I had nothing to lose. Lucky for me! It cured my acne completely. I started taking four 500mg pills a day, evenly spaced out. My skin got less oily after a week or two and my acne had cleared up after about six weeks. I took it like that for a year, and then I started to worry that I might damage my insides or something so I stopped taking it, and the acne came back. I started taking it again after about six months. It took longer to work the second time around (maybe two months to clear up) but now it's back working perfectly again so I don't plan to quit it any time soon! I've never had any side effects and as far as I can tell it's safe enough to take as it is water-soluble. I would recommend anybody to try this, it cured my acne.

Hi! Does it matter which b5 vitamins you take? I noticed there is lots of differnt name brands & kinds. Please email me what you used? Ashleyreis55@[link removed] :)

Vitamin B5 eliminated my adult acne

If you have adult acne, like I did, please give this stuff a shot. It eliminated my adult acne that appeared when I was 34-35. Deeper pimples around the nose, mouth and back that didn't go away with conventional treatments. I take about 1.5-2 grams a day. I feel compelled to share, because adult acne can really be a problem (physically and mentally) and this worked. I also tried zinc, vitamin a, and vitamin e, but they only helped marginally.

B5 really has worked long term for me

Pores tighten Clear skin What else do you need Lots of pills Belly upset sometimes Cost I suffered from acne my whole life, repeated visits to the docs, and a dermatologist, and just to be fobbed off with a crappy cream and told it was just mild acne, my acne has never felt mild to me, it has ruined my life, I have never felt confident, most of the time I'd just stay in, make my excuses to friends about not going out, I got sick of it. Then one day I read about b5. I thought there was nothing to lose so I ordered a load in. I started off for 3 months on 10g a day, 5 tablets at a time spread throughout the day, it took a while to have any effect but I persisted, and I'm glad I did. After about 3mths I lowered the dose slightly, about 7g a day, sometimes lower sometimes higher because too low and I'd breakout slightly, but after about 6mth I couldn't believe how well it worked. Two years went by of complete confidence, my best two years of my life, this was using about 5g a day. It did get a bit tedious remembering to take them but I was regimental about it. But one day I thought I'd give them a rest, about a month went by until I'd break out again, so I had to go back, although I had to megadose again, I'm just at the lowering stage now. I do still get the odd zit now and again but my skin is so good and my confidence is sky high. Could be nearly 3 years of usage now and I havnt had any severe symptoms, just rumbling belly and a bit of upset with diarreah. I am fed up taking the pills though, I will give it a rest again, after my summer holidays. Btw I take a multivitamin a day with them. Male 35

Tried tons of meds, this is only thing that worked

Clear skin Buy one get one free from Holland and Barrat Easier than creams etc Dyhydration and headaches if overdosing Affects other b vitamins if taken for too long For around a month I have been taking b5. I'd say for the first week I was taking 1000mg per day but quickly realised that it was an absurd amount so reduced it to one 500mg caplet per day. First thing I noticed was that it was making me really dehydrated first thing in the morning so this was another reason I reduced the dosage to one slow release caplet taken in the morning rather than taking one before I went to bed as the dehydration was causing me to wake up with headaches every morning. After a couple of weeks my skin seemed to be getting slightly dry in patches which I took as a sign of it working - hallelujah! This kept me going and helped me to remember to take a caplet every single morning without fail. I am now about a month in and the change in my skin is remarkable. Yes it is very dry and this does worry me, but as soon as I'm completely happy with my skin I'm going to halve the rest of the b5 tablets I have so I will be taking 250mg daily so hopefully this will decrease the dryness. I must add though that I am also nightly using a topical lotion called adapalene 0.1% cream which was prescribed to me. However if I were asked which I think were working I'd say it was the b5 for sure. One think I have read though is that a continuation of taking a b vitamin for a long time period can reduce your levels of other b vitamins. So I may buy a multi b vitamin once I have ran out. I definitely recommended trying it if you've been prescribed tons of other things like me and they didn't work. (Both topical and antibiotics).

didn't work

I took 10-15 pills a day. It didn't help with my severe acne...caused by the oil cleansing method. My hair started falling out about after 3 weeks so I stopped.

Comments

Only thing that has worked for me.

Works very quickly Minimizes oil production Fewer blemishes Taking so many pills daily (however the pros outweigh the cons significantly) Urinated frequently while taking B5 (probably because of all of the water I drank swallowing all of the pills!) I used vitamin B5, also called Pantothenic Acid, daily a couple of months ago. However, I ran out and did not buy anymore because my skin was in great condition and I figured that I no longer needed it. Recently, I broke out very badly and tried multiple products in order to get my acne under control (minocycline, epiduo, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, home remedies, you name it). After a few weeks of using these products, my acne was not getting any better. Then one day I remembered about B5! After about 3 days of use I noticed a major difference! Oil production decreased, blemishes decreased, and my face was becoming much clearer. I recommend taking 10g daily (20 500mg pills) for the first few weeks, and then over time decrease this dosage to 4g daily (8 500mg pills) as a maintenance dose. Also, it is good to space out the pills evenly throughout the day (I took 5 when I woke up, 5 early afternoon, 5 late afternoon, and 5 before bed). Doing so will diminish the possibility of experiencing side effects, which may include upset stomach and stomach pains. The best part about B5 is that it is water soluble, meaning that you cannot overdose on it because the body will simply remove the B5 that it cannot use through urination. How B5 works: Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) is a component of Coenzyme A. Coenzyme A is necessary for hormone production as well as fatty acid metabolism. During puberty, as hormone production increases, the body chooses to use coenzyme A to produce hormones and neglects fatty acid metabolism. Because the body uses coenzyme A for hormone production instead of fatty acid metabolism, sebum (skin oil) levels rise and acne follows. Supplementing with megadoses of vitamin B5 allows for enough circulating B5 to address both bodily processes, thus curing acne.

Comments

I thought it worked but I plateaued and then worsened after a few months

It helps somewhat but results might be short lived. Not taking a nasty drug Inconvenient to take so many pills every day Not sure of the long term side effects. diarrhea I am changing my original review .... I initially took 5 grams each day for 5 days. Then went to 10 grams every day, space over 4 increments. I had minor stomach discomfort for a couple of days only. I did this for about 6 months and then stopped after I eventually decided it wasn't really working. I did actually notice a steady gradual improvement which motivated me to keep going. BUT upon reflection, I THINK it was just mean reversion - which is a common problem with anecdotal evidence I can admit I fell for. You see, before this treatment, I was using an LED blue light for a few months which really messed up my face, causing hundreds of black/white heads. While that sounds fairly harmless, it really took me 6 months to get rid of them and my complexion was really awful due to the light. This gradual clearing happened when I was on the B5. But I don't think it was the B5. I think it was the absence of the blue light. Meanwhile during the B5, even though all those hundreds of little plugs were slowly clearing, I was still getting roughly the same number of new pimples as before. I was also dealing with mild accurate on chronic diarrhea the whole time on the b5. I went a week or two or even three being fine and then maybe a week it would flare up. It was worse with caffeine, even chocolate. Then, after I hit 6 months, reality seemed to sink in that the number of new pimples I was getting wasn't really reducing, and the overall texture of my face had plateaued. Again, it was better, but I think it was just going back to how it was before I started the blue light. It might have even worsened a bit at this point, and I so went cold turkey, stopping all the pills. It just became clear it wasn't worth it. However, my next quest turned out to be blissfully successful in about 2-3 weeks. 6 cups of green tea per day plus a topical vitamin C powder (brand "Philosophy"). I for some reason have an increased need for antioxidants (which surprised me since my diet is truly impeccable.) Cheap, natural, easy and effective. Feeling great about my story. Good luck! i'm aged 31 and female.

Popular Vitamins/Supplements