The Proper Amount of Sleep Reviews

The Proper Amount of Sleep

Sleep makes a huge difference.

When I sleep adequately, 8 hours per day plus a short nap, my skin looks noticeably better. Plus it doesn't cost anything but your time. But it's time well spent! You have almost nothing to loose and much to gain. Cycles of hormones is largely effected by circadian rhythm, sleep well = hormones are well. Less stress, cortisol aggravates acne. When you sleep too much I notice my skin looks worse, 9HRS+ When I sleep in irregular patterns, like long naps or irregular hours, my skin looks worse. During my high school years, when I got severe acne, I never had good sleeping habits and I regret it a lot. Now, years later, I try to sleep well. at least 7 to 8 hours per night around the same time plus half an hour to an hour of nap after work. The nap reduces my stress and cognitive load and makes me feel as if I have two days. My adequate sleep makes me feel wonderful. Whenever I fall out of this routine, I instantly notice my skin looks worse. I love when I go to sleep and wake up seeing a pimple significantly reduced in size. There is significant evidence based on research that indicates how important sleep is towards memory, health, happiness, mental strength, etc. It contributes significantly towards well being.

Comments

Can be done by anyone, even if they need some help Feels so good Effects every part of your life positively Can be difficult for some people, but it is doable! You may have to schedule it While you're "supposed" to get 8 hrs of sleep a night, my body runs as close to perfect at 9 hrs, so you must keep in mind it's different for everyone - it can be anywhere between 7-9 hrs in my experience. You want your acne to go away? While sleep most likely will not get rid of it by itself, it will make it a lot worse if you do not get enough sleep. Sleep gives your body time to let go of stress and time to repair itself - your immune system depends on it, and your regeneration of skin cells depends on it. Get the ideal amount of sleep for yourself!

Guest nicole
Guest nicole

helps lots of things, not just acne i never get a good nights rest so i rarely get to see the results of this method. i dont think this method will completely get rid of your acne unless its super mild but it does help. sleep is soooo important and we dont even realized it, and let me tell you, it plays a big roll in healing the body. i have noticed when i sleep really good, which rarely ever happens, that my acne is reduced and my skin tone over all is just better. it also seems to help acne treatments work better too over night.

Guest Nick
Guest Nick

1. Something you must do, already do, whether properly or improperly, anyway, which is to say the regimen can be activated anytime you are ready to begin 2. Free 3. Can be done virtually anywhere 4. No (expensive) products required None if done properly and can only be beneficial, even if it only makes you feel more restful and rejuvenated. For me, a proper amount of sleep (between 6.5 and 7.5 hours every night, ideally no later than 11:00 p.m.) is the essential treatment to my adult acne problem. Even after a week's worth of proper sleep I see a fundamental difference in my skin, which may be due in part to having recently used several home remedies, but I think it is primarily because of going to bed on average at 11:00 p.m. instead of 1:00-3:00 a.m. like I had been doing for the past few years. I observed that my adult acne, in my case whiteheads and cysts, flare-ups would occur by and large overnight. Even if I had relatively clear skin during the day, skin which would always seem to calm down by sunset, and even if I had used, say, a topical solution throughout that same day, I would still wake up often with numerous whiteheads. I also observed, and only since recently fully realized, that I would go to bed at odd hours, sometimes at 2:00 a.m. or 3:00 a.m., and get up late at 10:00 a.m. if I did not have to go to work. I changed my sleep pattern and observed excellent results, which have so far been consistent. I maintain that all other treatments, over-the-counters and at-home remedies, I have used (Proactiv, AcneFree, Burt's Bees, melaleuca products, baking soda, lemon juice, egg whites, apple cider vinegar, sample creams from dermatologists, prescription drugs including Accutane, and others) which have helped to reduce my acne to some degree or another, were and are for naught without a proper amount of sleep. The best acne-fighting treatment, perhaps, is a combination of a proper amount of sleep and another treatment, an over-the-counter or at-home remedy, but proper sleep alone may suffice. When you sleep and for how long matters. You have to sleep anyway if you are to live, so if possible sleep properly. References: [link removed]

Popular Household/Natural