Solodyn : Oral Antibiotic

Reviews
3.2
354 Reviews

Minocycline hydrochloride.

Lactose monohydrate NF, hypromellose type 2910 USP, magnesium stearate NF, colloidal silicon dioxide NF, and carnauba wax NF.

The 45 mg tablets also contain:
Lactose monohydrate NF, hypromellose type 2910 USP, titanium dioxide USP, triacetin USP, and iron oxide black JPE. The 65 mg tablets also contain Opadry II Blue which contains: hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, FD&C Blue #1, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, FD&C Blue #2, titanium dioxide USP, triacetin USP, and D&C Yellow #10.

90 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, titanium dioxide USP, iron oxide yellow NF, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, and triacetin USP.

115 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, D&C Yellow #10, triacetin USP, FD&C Blue #1, titanium dioxide USP, and FD&C Blue #2.

135 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, titanium dioxide USP, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, iron oxide red NF, and triacetin USP.

24.6%

Used Solodyn : Oral Antibiotic? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
Susie
December 15, 2007

Pros:

None

Cons:

It doesn't work at all, it actually makes your face worse....

Don't use it... no difference
November 22, 2007

Pros:

skin is about 50 percent better

Cons:

only remembering to take it everyday

i was on this 4 months. didnt see any results until basically the 3rd or 4th month. this cleared my skin somewhat because my face used to be horrible, now its managable, but i still get breakouts. if you're insurance doesn't cover it, i wouldn't recommend trying it because its so expensive
Minny
November 12, 2007

Pros:

You only have to take it once a day

Cons:

I used it for a month and it made my acne worse. My face was a disaster. Im still trying to recover from it.

Be ware
Jaime
October 30, 2007

Pros:

Have not had an inflammatory spot since starting Solodyn

Cons:

NONE that I can report. It is expensive though. 499.00 for a 30 day supply. My insurance covers it. I would at least try it to see if it works and then try to get it covered.

I want to go out every night since my skin has cleared up. I saw results within two days. I still get small blemishes, but they are nothing compared to the inflamed monstrous things that ruin my weekends! I hope it continues to work. Still have to finish the 12 week regimen.
Face Issues
October 23, 2007

Pros:

None really yet

Cons:

it's much to slow working for how much I paid; cost

I think that I need something stronger. This is working much to slow. I wouldn;t get this if your borderline severe acne. I'm some what moderate and have seen little results.
L.M
October 13, 2007

Pros:

NOTHING still was breaking out, the only good thing was I didnt have to pay for it bc I had a coupon from my derm

Cons:

headaches, tiredness, didnt even work

I was on this medication for 3 months and I regiously took it, I was still breaking out and my skin was not completely clear so I decided to stop... WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE, I got the Worst most horrible breakout of cystic like acne of my life, I'm 23 and I've never had a breakout like this not even as a teen, my cheeks were horrible and I'm still trying to recover from this breakout 4 months later, I've switched to Tetracycline and started using Differin .3 and so far my skin is a million times better but still not quite clear yet...just bc its expensive you think its going to work but it definitely didnt for me.
JLN
October 12, 2007

Pros:

I've yet to find any pros.

Cons:

It's just not working. I've been on it 2 months. My skin wasn't that bad to begin with--I probably shouldn't have taken pills.

BE VERY CAREFUL before you agree to take pills. I'm about at my wits end. I've been using it 2 months, but after my first script, I was out of town and went a day or so without refill. BAD IDEA. DO NOT SKIP DOSE OR YOUR FACE WILL EXPLODE. It took me a few weeks to recover from that, now all the sudden my face has exploded again for no reason. I don't know what to do. If this stuff doesn't start working in the next month, I'm getting on accutane.
October 9, 2007

Pros:

clears acne. best antibiotic I've used.

Cons:

tired and sleepy, so if you work and go to school... maybe not the best choice for you

I have tried several antibiotics for my acne - none of them ever worked. A new dermatologist recommended Solyodn to me, and I have to say this is the best thing that I've ever used. I am not completely clear, but for being on this for 2 weeks... huge difference! I had huge inflamed, red pimples all around the sides of my face and cheeks, and they have gone down a lot in 2 wks. I have tried EVERYTHING out there and this works for me.
charitable
October 2, 2007

Pros:

after about 4weeks my skin looks clear...minor breakouts. doc says that it will take more then 8 weeks to see total results.

Cons:

i was on accutane a few years back and it worked..to many side affects and the pipmles always return. solodyn works but you must be patient :)))

besides accutane ( which i really dont want to go on again...it eats your liver, etc... ) i have tried EVERYTHING!!!!! i think this pill is a new advanced medicine that can work if you give it some time....really! i have not experienced any side effects besides some dry skin and i already have major dry skin. give it time :))
October 2, 2007

Pros:

Keeps Skin clear, from PLEVA

Cons:

Dizzy, Blurry vision, headache

I have been taking this for almost a year. The side effects seem to get worse with time. It is better than having my body covered in a rash. However does anyone know the long term effects??